Exception when creating entities under the Accounts entity

Dear all,

When creating entitities from within the Account entity (i.e Contacts,
Oppoertunities, Quotes, Orders etc) we getv the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
Unspecified error

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): Unspecified error]

Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMCustomizationClass.Transform(CUserAuth&
Caller, CObjectName& SourceObject, Int32 TargetObjectType, Int32
TargetFieldType) +0
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Entity.CreateFrom(Int32
sourceEntityType, String sourceEntityId, TransformType transformType)
+1019

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.PopulateDefaultDataIfAvailable()
+147
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.RetrieveParams() +42
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity
entity) +45
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity
entity, String formId, String formType) +83
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity
entity) +13
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.SFA.ContactDetailPage.ConfigureForm() +238
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
+30

We have tried to troubleshoot this issue thinking is a mapping issue
between the account record and the related records. We have removed
all mappings from account to contact leaving only the accountid
mapping but this did not resolve the issue.

We have a serious issue with one of our clients and I would appreciate
your recommendations. Trying to create records from, for example,
within the contact record leads to no problems. The problem only
occurs from Account records.

Any ideas will be appreciated

Thanks

Nicos Papaioannou
Dot.Cy Developments Ltd

0
papaioannoun
5/21/2007 1:45:35 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Creating Emails (Recevied) with SDK
I've been trying to write a SDK program that will take a file of received emails and upload them to CRM. I need to do this programmatically and have multiple people in the to address (Data Migration Wizard only allows 1). I can create emails easily enough and create the emails. However, I cannot set incoming emails where the sender is a contact to closed and received. Has anyone tried this before? ...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Project Accounting workstation install
After installing and registering PA on the server, do I have to run through the PA install on all of the workstations as well? If so, is there a way to mass install to all of them? or do I have to do it workstation by workstation? Hi, In GP10, PA objects initialization is invoked when you launch GP utilities after adding PA feature, this is one-off process for each company databases. However, you have to perform the GP-PA client installation process (adding PA feature) on each machine with GP 10, this will convert the chunk file (.CNK) to resource dictionaries associated wi...

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Mass Modify Chart of Accounts
My company's current account setup uses the 2nd segment in an account to denote the assigned property, while the 3rd segment identifies the posting account number. Say my current chart looks as follows: 1-001-1000 1-002-1000 1-003-1000 and I want to add a new account numbered 2000 for all the properties 001-003 to give me: 1-001-1000 1-001-2000 1-002-1000 1-002-2000 1-003-1000 1-003-2000 How can I do this for all properties at once without adding them individually through account maintenence, since I have about 8 new accounts to add to over 200 existing properties? I can see h...

auto populating account id field
Does anyone know of any 3rd parties that already have this customization? I'm wanting my account to automatically be assigned an account ID when I transfer my lead to an account and then have this ID be sent to Great Plains to create the account in GP. I know CRM doesn't have this function right out of the box, but I can't let my users type in their own ID. Thanks, Jen ...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Paying on Account
I tried on two different DB's and cannot pay for a back order with a store account. Can this be fixed, and where does not being able to pay with a store account also apply?, If not, is there a possible workaround to this? Thanks, Matt ...

managing asset & account receivable/payables
I am using Microsoft money 2006 deluxe version to manage my personal finance. I have few questions. First one is regarding managing real estate record by tracking its market value. Currently I have to create new asset account upon each purchase of property. Then I enter necessary transaction to show increase/decrease in the value of the asset. The account balance becomes zero when I sell property by transferring selling amount to appropriate account. But it leaves too many accounts with zero balances. Can I delete such zero balance accounts without any negative effect? More desired, is ...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Restriction on appending data to custom fields on Account Form?
I'm having problems appending data to a custom field on the Account Form. However, the code works perfectly on a custom form, I've made. Btw, the ONLOAD code is: crmForm.all.fieldname.DataValue = 'Text'; On the custom form, the field is filled with the word Text, but on the Account form, nothing happens. Is there some kind of restriction on the account form, and if so - is it possible to remove this restriction? Thanks btw, another example to illustrate the problem: I use this code... window.moveTo(0,0); window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth, screen.availHeight); ....to...

Phantom Exchange Account
I just got setting up Exchange 2003 Stand for a client, had everything working good and was getting ready to leave. The designated Admin then decides to try to edit the Global address List and deletes the Exchange User account I created to install Exchange from AD. Now I have a phanton "S-1-etc.." account in my security settings for Exchange. Ive tried running the delegation wizard but it errors out. Any suggestions? Authoritative restore of AD. Unless there were other accounts that were Delegated Exchange Full Admin rights, restoring AD may be the only way to correct th...

Copy and paste an account
I am a Money 2004 user. I have to different files in Money 2004. I would like to copy and paste one account (with all the data and details) from one file to the other one. So far the only solution I see is the Export option, but I do have to create a new account when I follow the Export steps. Is there any way to do this without exporting the account? Thank you. Manuel Toubes What you've seen is wht thye've got. "Manuel Toubes" <ManuelToubes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57CDA428-A52D-4843-AF5F-7DD655759396@microsoft.com... > I am a Money ...

Missing email accounts
I trying to configure Outlook 2003 to access my Cox.net accounts. I've removed and re-installed and shut down and rebooted more times than I can count but the accounts still don't show up in All Mail Folders. I followed the instructions listed on Microsoft.com and Cox.net to the letter, I've ran the Test Account Settings got Completed on all aspects, and have NEVER gotten an error message, but the accounts still won't show up. Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong??? In news:5CB140AE-B9DF-438F-89D0-E6B45143C2FA@microsoft.com, Leon <Leon@discussions.microsoft.c...