Errors with System Settings and Reports

I have CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 running on SBS2003 SP1.  I have CRM installed on
the default website.

When I try to go to System Settings (with any user), I get the following error
"Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
Server Error in '/' Application.

The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was
closed: The remote name could not be resolved.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could
not be resolved.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +680
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +75
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +234
methodName, Object[] parameters) +105
   Microsoft.Crm.ReportingServices.ReportingService.ListChildren(String
Item, Boolean Recursive) +80

Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.SystemSettings.SystemSettingsPage.ConfigureCategoryList() +329
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Tools.SystemSettings.SystemSettingsPage.ConfigurePage()
+7629
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499"

When I try to go into Reports I get the following error
"Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
Server Error in '/' Application.

The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was
closed: The remote name could not be resolved.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could
not be resolved.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +680
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +75
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +234
methodName, Object[] parameters) +105

Microsoft.Crm.ReportingServices.ReportingService.GetResourceContents(String
Resource, String& MimeType) +48
   Microsoft.Crm.Reports.ReportCache.get_CategoryList() +401
   Microsoft.Crm.Reports.Home.ConfigurePage() +906
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +20
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499"

I have tried uninstalling CRM, SQL, and SharePoint and get the same results
on reinstall.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Christopher,

You have some type of issue with Reporting Services. CRM access SRS when you
enter the settings screen and if it can't connect properly, it will produce
an error.

If you can't get to http://[crm server]/reports, then you may have other
issues.

Mitch
When I try going to http://[crm server]/reports I get a page saying "Error.

"Mitch Milam" wrote:

> Christopher,
>
> You have some type of issue with Reporting Services. CRM access SRS when you
> enter the settings screen and if it can't connect properly, it will produce
> an error.
>
> If you can't get to http://[crm server]/reports, then you may have other
> issues.
>
> Mitch
Christopher.

I'm really not sure what is going on, but take a look at the following
conversation. It may help

http://www.sqltalk.org/ftopic8134.html

Mitch
That fixed the error with http://[crm server]/reports, but still getting the
same errors from CRM.

"Mitch Milam" wrote:

> Christopher.
>
> I'm really not sure what is going on, but take a look at the following
> conversation. It may help
>
> http://www.sqltalk.org/ftopic8134.html
>
> Mitch
Does your reports work in CRM? The reports list is in your workplace. If not,
you may need further configuration to make it work. Here is a KB that may
help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588. Let me
know if that solve your problem.

---Min
SDE Lead

"Christopher Spencer" wrote:

> That fixed the error with http://[crm server]/reports, but still getting the
> same errors from CRM.
>
> "Mitch Milam" wrote:
>
> > Christopher.
> >
> > I'm really not sure what is going on, but take a look at the following
> > conversation. It may help
> >
> > http://www.sqltalk.org/ftopic8134.html
> >
> > Mitch

disabled contacts & reports
Hi folks, I'm looking for confirmation that disabled contacts do not appear in CRM reports pertaining to contacts. Thanks, Tim D ...

Outlook 2000 C++ Error
When I first open Outlook I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: c:\\progra~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe This ap[plication has requested the Runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. When I click OK I get about 12 more different errors, and then Outlook closes. I can then open it and it works. CAN ANYONE DECHIPER THIS? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office, updating all patches and SPs, Erase2000 won't open with XP (Home)....I am at a lose. ...

Non-destructive System Restore
After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk structures, the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all this "old" stuff be deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on my computer? Palmtree wrote: > After I did the non-destructive system restore I have two disk > structures, the new one and also "My old disk structure". Can all > this "old" stuff be deleted? It's taking up twice as much space on > my computer? You are *not likely* speaking of any feature in Windows XP (The System Restore ...

Resource Error- CVT1100 duplicate resource
I just added a second resource file to my project. And Started getting this error LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:441, language:0x0409 First I searched for 441 in my files, and no one else was assigned that number execpt for this bitamp. But I changed the ID to 541 anyway and now I am getting LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:541, language:0x0409 what gives? MSDN, and Knowledge base were not much help on this either. Ali R. Hi Ali, See if the following archive from google is of any help. ...

Reply to message error
Using Outlook 2003 and having a problem replying to recieved messages. I get a 550 error and the message is returned undeliverable. The addresses are valid, and I can create a new message and send with no problem. Thanks... I'm not sure why replies would be a problem but new mail wouldn't, but look at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for information on the 550 error. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Money report error
I am getting this error message: 'Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the " Money Auto-saved Report" is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should delete it from your list of favorites and recreate it to avoid unreliable information' The problem is, I never created this report and when I go to saved reports it is not there anyway. Please help ...

Interactions - Export to Excel
Folks: Need your help ! I am trying to pull an acitivty report in CRM. If I go to the Interactions page, and then click on “edit View” icon over on the right hand side, and complete the drop downs, if I export to Excel, I get an error message that reads: Argument ‘Index’ is not a valid value. I get this error only for Interactions and not with any other workplace. We are on CRM 3.0 .- SQL Server 2005 Thanks ! ...

Including Images in Excel Report Builder
We have a client that is attaching jpgs to the item maintenance window in GP and they want an Excel Report Builder report of each inventory item along with its image. It seems that the file name is stored in hex format. Is it possible to include a reference to the image location in an Excel Report Builder report, so the report can include the image inside of Excel? Thanks ...

Outlook unable to save print settings
I have a Outlook user that, when she chooses to print via File, print I get the following message; Unable to save the print settings. Make sure that c:\winnt\microsoft\outlook\outlprnt exists and can be written to". It she clicks on the print icon within outlook it prints fine. I have verified the file and user rights. Any ideas are welcome! ...

System Crashing with Money 2004
I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with their system crashing after installing money 04. If you did, how did you fix them? Gee Carl that is too bad. I had this problem too, not like I would tell you about the fix though. Might be helpful if you post more details of the error. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's ...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...

Report printing on HP laser
I have MS POS. In report printing most of reports are printed in portrait orientation but some of them, ie. Price List, prints in landscape and I have to go to HP printer property to change the orientation every time. On print preview it is in landscape. This happens even with only one column printing. Are there some embedded code ? I tried to open the xml file in file folder but not available for edit. ...

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

Changing Report Fields
What happens to the reports if we change screen fields. Does anyoneknow what happens in the event of: - adding a field – presumably doesn’t appear on any report - changing a field – label or properties - removing a field? Any help please? Hi, - Adding a field would change nothing to a report. You will have to alter the report itself to make it visible there. - Labels are set inside the report itself, so this won't change if you change them on the form. - Removing the field will not change the report, but it will be empty becaus the user cannot enter data for that field (unless som...

error no memory with one workbook
Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding new sheet macros etc But lately if i open workbook 1 on its own it is fine but if i try and open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking they might be the trouble, but still no joy If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1 that is creating the problem, h...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

Question about a Merge (for a Report)
I am trying to do a merge from Access to Word .. the information is all there ... unfortunately my records are listed one per page (I only have 2 fields per page) .. but I have over 1,000 pages .. it should be line after line .. as I have it set on NO SPACING .. any ideas as to what I can do? :) .. I appreciate the help :) .. I think this is a Word question. I quick google found mention of the merge code <<Next Record>>. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hrbsh97" wrote: > I am trying to do a merge from Access to Word .. the information is all there >...

Stop excel from reporting replacements
How do I get excel from popping up the window that tells how many entries its replaced when I do a Ctrl-H. I have to edit a lot of entries and this is something I didn't have to put up with in Office 97 I'm not sure you can stop it (I couldn't). But if your fingers are on the keyboard, hit the enter key to dismiss it. (Or try hitting the enter key twice really quickly (with replace all having focus). It might not be noticeable (much). Chris wrote: > > How do I get excel from popping up the window that tells how many entries its > replaced when I do a Ctrl-H. I ha...

two sets of parameters..one query...but how?
I have a query to track when I must renew State Police Clearances AND Child Abuse Clearances. I want to use the "Between [date] and [date]" function on BOTH of the fields in order to bring up BOTH sets of dates for BOTH clearances.The problem I am running into is that when the query results come up, if one date doesn't meet the criteria NONE of the information comes up (even if the other date DOES).Any suggestions!??!?! Thanks in Advance....

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Missing CRM Key error
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be working fine. I tried to create an email within the browser version (not via outlook) and get an error message that says: Communications error: Missing Microsoft CRM key. Any idea what I may have done wrong on the install? Dean. You problably missed to fill in the text "CrmEmailEnable" in the active directory user spec's. See also the IG. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be >working fine. I tried to create an email within the >browser version (not v...

Mount Store error
I just installed two new HD's and reinstalled Win2003 SBS (I just saved off the edb and stm files before before I blew away the old hard disk). I tried simply coping the the edb and stm files into the empty \Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder and got the c1041724 error when I tried to mount the stores. I attempted to resolve this by following some of the solutions proposed to others in this news group, but no use. I have tried eseutil /d, then eseutil /r, then finally an eseutil /p. Nothing has worked. How can I get the data from these stores? After getting the c1041724 when attempting to mount...

How can I set margins for headers on charts. The margin option ap.
I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart itself. I can not find any control in Excel or printer softeare that will indent a left-justified header. As you noted, there is no built-in chart option to indent a left justified header. I would suggest replacing the header with a text box. You can then use character spacing within the text box to create the look of an indented header. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "sayles1986" wrote: > I need indent chart headers to coincide with margins selected fopr the chart >...

override locale computer settings
I appreciate any help. This is a problem I posted yesterday probably without being very clear. How can I override the Windows Regional settings so that my Excel File looks the same in a computer in Italy and in the Netherlands without forcing the user to change the Locale Regional settings? This affects the Date and the Time format, specially within formulas. Also it seems that the locale setting on Cell Format only works if the locale is NOT the default. i.e. A file with the default in UK Eng. and a cell date in Italian and another in UK Eng, will have the cell in Italian on a Dutch c...