Errors publishing reports

Hi all,

has anyone come across this error when trying to publish a custom
report onto the CRM server?

"Unable to retrieve cluster members. Transport Error: Communication
Failure"

This occurs when you 'Save As' a report > Enterprise > the usual
administrator name and blank password > Click Ok

It will freeze for like a minute before popping up the error.

This had worked before and now wonder why it isn't working now. I have
re build the Crystal APS database and now am totally lost on what to
do.

If anyone has come across this problem, please help me!

Cheers ears!

Nathan
0
nathan_g_cho
8/4/2004 3:46:41 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

are you logging on to the APS server? when you save a report to CRM you
should already be logged onto the APS server and should not be asked to
authenticate again.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"N8" <nathan_g_cho@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> has anyone come across this error when trying to publish a custom
> report onto the CRM server?
>
> "Unable to retrieve cluster members. Transport Error: Communication
> Failure"
>
> This occurs when you 'Save As' a report > Enterprise > the usual
> administrator name and blank password > Click Ok
>
> It will freeze for like a minute before popping up the error.
>
> This had worked before and now wonder why it isn't working now. I have
> re build the Crystal APS database and now am totally lost on what to
> do.
>
> If anyone has come across this problem, please help me!
>
> Cheers ears!
>
> Nathan

0
John
8/4/2004 6:21:57 PM
John,

It's logging onto the APS server in the first place that has prompted this
error. I have not made it that far yet as to saving the report onto the
server as the error is perventing me from logging in.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:OciWu$keEHA.3672@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> are you logging on to the APS server? when you save a report to CRM you
> should already be logged onto the APS server and should not be asked to
> authenticate again.
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx
>

> "N8" <nathan_g_cho@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > has anyone come across this error when trying to publish a custom
> > report onto the CRM server?
> >
> > "Unable to retrieve cluster members. Transport Error: Communication
> > Failure"
> >
> > This occurs when you 'Save As' a report > Enterprise > the usual
> > administrator name and blank password > Click Ok
> >
> > It will freeze for like a minute before popping up the error.
> >
> > This had worked before and now wonder why it isn't working now. I have
> > re build the Crystal APS database and now am totally lost on what to
> > do.
> >
> > If anyone has come across this problem, please help me!
> >
> > Cheers ears!
> >
> > Nathan

0
Nathan
8/5/2004 2:35:04 AM
I get the same error when trying to load existing CRM reports into Crystal. I
only get the problem when opening reports remotely over a VPN connection. If
I'm connected directly to the network the reports open up fine. Initially
Crystal told me it wanted port 6400 opened up through the firewall but even
having done that the problem still occurred.

We also have a blank Administrator password and like Nathan it takes about a
minute for the error to appear. It sounds like some form of comms error but I
have no idea what may be causing it.

Simon

"N8" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> has anyone come across this error when trying to publish a custom
> report onto the CRM server?
>
> "Unable to retrieve cluster members. Transport Error: Communication
> Failure"
>
> This occurs when you 'Save As' a report > Enterprise > the usual
> administrator name and blank password > Click Ok
>
> It will freeze for like a minute before popping up the error.
>
> This had worked before and now wonder why it isn't working now. I have
> re build the Crystal APS database and now am totally lost on what to
> do.
>
> If anyone has come across this problem, please help me!
>
> Cheers ears!
>
> Nathan

Reports and CRM v1.2
I have just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2 using the Adventure Cycle Database. I have a list of all the reports but get an error, when I try to access the reports below the top level, suggesting that I may not have enough Crystal Report Licenses? This worked fine when I was at 1.0! In addition I tried to install the Crystal Reports Enhancements and it suggested I need version 9.2 instead of 9.0! Help!!!! I have looked through the other threads and see some similar issues but no definitive answer. Peter Peter I was told by Microsoft yesterday that the crystal addon for crm requires crys...

Renaming Worksheet: Error message: "Reserved Name"
Hi, I'm working on a history test currently and wanted to name one of my sheets in excel "History", and I got an error message: "History is a reserved name." I'm just curious, what does that mean, and why is that? Carley (Also, I don't know why my display name is "thank you!", but it is...) Used by Tracking, High Light changes http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://w...

Date prompt appearing twice due to chart in report
Hi All, I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running the report. What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date? Thank you! decklun The prompt appears each time Access needs to run the query. Once for the report and a second time for ...

tender report #2
Hello, I downloaded the tender detail report so we can group daily deposits for our locations? We are having a problem that the credit card charges are duplicate and sometimes duplicate on the receipt. I thought it was the way they were entering the tender in the POS level but I can't find that they are doing anything wrong. Has anyone ran into this and can help straighten it out???? Thank you. I so appreciate everyones assistance in this forum! HI, It seems that in the SO Manager, you have enable the "Allow Multiple entries" for the credit card tender type which enable you...

Connection Error Trapping
I have a probgram that works great. I connect to a Db and run querries, but I canceled from the final connection today (instead of puting in the db password, I hit CANCEL) and my code stopped. It jammed on the EXECUTE statement below. How do I either test the connection to make sure it is in tact? I will exit the sub if no connection found. Current working code: Set MyQDF = MyDB.CreateQueryDef("") MyQDF.ODBCTimeout = 800 MyQDF.Connect = "ODBC;DSN=OTHER_DB" MyQDF.ReturnsRecords = False 'Delete Curr Transactions stSQL = stSQL & "DELE...

MIN/MAX functions and reporting from a different column
Hi all, I'm trying to figure out how to get Excel 2003 to report a value from a separate column where the value reported by a MIN or MAX function occurs. For example, say this is my setup: Column A: time Column B: value 1 Column C: value 2 I want to create a function using the MIN and MAX functions for cell ranges in either column B or column C plus I want the value that corresponds to the MIN or MAX value from column A. Basically, I have data in columns B and C that occurs at times listed in column A. I not only need to know the MIN and MAX values for certain ranges in columns B ...

Publisher documents turning into Word documents.
When I have saved a Publisher document (a calendar) to a new folder, it turns into an unreadable Word document. Why? What can I do? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ab5bbe4b-3879-4800-b0dd-...

Automatically name a report when exporting to PDF
Hello, I have a form with a command button that opens my report in print preview mode in Access 2007. When I click the Export to PDF/XPS button, the default file name is the name of the actual report within Access. I've used VBA to change the report caption to match a field on my form called PROGRAM. However, this does not transfer over when I want to save my report to pdf. How can I make it so that when I click export to pdf/xps, the default file name is named after a text box called PROGRAM? Please let me know. Thanks I think you'd have to code a command button to...

unknown error keeps appearing when sending email
i cant send or receive emails even though other internet services work. Bummer. Details? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, rayrye asked: | i cant send or receive emails even though other internet services | work. ...

Great Plains Utilities Error on reinstall
The network administrator recently took the new development server I was using for my Great Plains migration project and swapped it with one of our aging production servers. He kept my GP databases on the new production server but uninstalled Great Plains. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of time and I keep getting this error when running GP Utilities. "An error has occurred while using the BCP utility. Please verify your ODBC settings and that BCP has been correctly installed. Great Plains Utilities will now exit." I have tested the ODBC connection and I have test...

Outlook 2003 Errors while printing
I have a few end users that get an event id 1000 when they open an email and then print using the file pulldown on that email. They still successfully print, but Outllok errors and closes. The exact error is: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 11 Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 1/21/2004 Time: 10:37:14 AM User: N/A Computer: 049-NBSACMR Description: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000038. For more information, see Help and Support Center...

Who wants a shot at this error?
Who wants a shot at this error? Nothing in google nothing at microsoft site... I get this error The DSRestore Filter failed to connect to local SAM server. Error returned is <id:997>. Event 1005 I get this in the application event viewer.. Not sure if this is exchange at all? Need to start somewhere. -- Thanks Hello Bryce, DSRestore's job is to synch the domain admin password with the dsrm password. The dsrestore process will run every 30 mins to verify that the passwords are in synch. If they are not, dsretore will synch them. The 1005 error indicates that dsrestore was u...

Key Violation Errors using Update Query
I have 2 Tables. Table1 has PartNumber and PartID. However, PartID is currently empty. Table2 has PartNumber and PartID (PartID is autonumber and is the primary key). In the Update Query, I have Joined the Tables using "Only include rows where the joined fields from both fields are equal." Since I am updating Table1 where the primary key is StockID, why am I getting KeyViolations by using Table2.PartID as part of the update? It seems like it wouldn't matter if Table2 primary key is PartID since I am not updating that table, only using the data inside it. ...

How to view all slides on 1 page in Publisher
How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular order? Slides? Did you want the PowerPoint forum? David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Lisa's Ocean" <Lisa's Ocean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19D3D643-1D0F-4CE6-B56A-C5560452EA60@microsoft.com... > How do I view all slides on 1 page so that I can put them in a particular > order? Do you mean pictures? If so, just select the Insert menu, picture from file, get it, insert. After they are all on the page, move them around as yo...

I don't have Publisher but need to open a .pub email
I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What do I need to open the file? Thanks for any assistance. tconnery <tconnery@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I received a newsletter ending in .pub. I do not have Publisher. What > do I need to open the file? Ask the sender to convert the file to PDF using a utility such as PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher A) Download Microsoft Publisher 2003 Trial (or Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Trial) Trial versions contain all the funct...

Missing Popup on assign error
Hello NG, today I found a strange "error" on CRM. All the time, an error occured on CRM during assign a account or another record, the error message is show in the window of this record. Is there any other error, for example on create or update, the error message will shown in a popup dialog. Is there any reason, why using aissgn another option to sho the error message? Thanks, Andre ...

Exchange Connector Install Error
When i try to install the exhange router/connector i get the follwing error after I add the server and click next. "One or more of the CRM servers is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server. Make sure all servers are running properyly and try again" I can open the MSCRM site fine in IE with this intranet URL http://mscrm. All works great there. So when i try to use that as the URL for the router install i get the above error Any ideas? thx Jami Try the FQDN http://mscrm.domain.com Nope, same error. What account/role do you need to instal...

how to get you text to flash in publisher
can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in publisher, and I know it can be done. Where are you going to buy the paper that will reproduce your flashing text on your printed page? Are you sure you weren't using Powerpoint? MoMo (Maureen) "evelyn" <evelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:213F442D-FA02-4AFA-92E4-E1010E546E3F@microsoft.com... > can anyone help me with this problem as I cannot get my text to flash in > publisher, and I know it can be done. MoMo, On a web site? "Maureen" <MoMo@nospam.com>...

Installing Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
I am receiving an error message when I try to install MS Publisher. The following message appears: "Error 1919. Error configuring ODBC data source. MS Access Database, ODBC error 13: could not load the setup or transfer library. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you can access it." What should I do. I am using Windows XP as my operating system and tryingto install the evaluation copy of MS Publisher 2003. Thank you, David C. Error 1919. Error Configuring ODBC Data Source" Error Messages When You Run Setup for Office 2003 http://support.microsoft.co...

numbering hymns in Publisher... all get is 1's
I am trying to number hymns. In former Word versions I would just put numbering in every title, or in the Style. Now, in Publisher, when I put enter twice it stops the numbering, not allowing the numbers. Also, I could not find sequencial numbering for titles, and subtitles. I do appreciate any help. Ed You can use the Insert, Page numbers, for the hymn numbers, it will probably work. If you need to insert more sequential numbers you'd need to do it manually. You can experiment with sections. Format page numbers http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP062813861033.aspx?pid=CH1...

Publisher 2003 file won't open properly in 2007
I emailed my friend a Pub 2003 file but he cannot open it properly in Pub 2007 on his Computer. (OS Vista SP.2). The file has 2 pages but only the first page will show, and the images & text boxes are blank with diagonal dotted crosses. But he also has Pub 2003 on his computer & the file opens fine in that. How can he open the 2003 file in 2007 to show everything & convert it to Pub 2007? There's probably an easy answer but we can't figure it out. TIA John Could have something to do with printers. Select a different default printer in the Printer Folder, open Pu...

Printing report with No data
I have a series of reports in an Access 2003 database. Currently I have them set that if there is no data for a particualr report period the report comes up with is headings and such but where the data is it says NONE. The problem comes when I nest the report into the "Weekly Report" Then instead of showing up as above it just simply does not show up. I assume it has something to do with it being a subreport inside the Weekly Report, but how do I fix it so it will show up with the NONE. Thanx! RHM -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.a...

Error Number 57121
Hi All, I have a problem with one computer that when a open one of my files on it and run the macro in it it will come up with an error message that says "Error Number 57121. Application-defined or Object-defined Error" though when I open it on another computer it works fine. The Computer that I'm having trouble with is using Office 2007 and my file was orginally made with Office 2003. The file was working on this computer until the begining of this week. Any Answers would be greatly apprieciated Jason Hi Jason, Have a look at the following site and see it...

Access Report
On my Report I have a Page Header that has my column names, a Category Header that has my Categories and then my Detail. How do I sum up my Categories after each heading? Do I have to create another Header? ANO $400,000 10% $5000 15% $600,000 15% $8000 14% I WANT TO SUM UP ANO DATA HERE BEN $400,000 10% $5000 15% $600,000 15% $8000 14% You want a Category Footer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) &...

How can I create a voting ballot with publisher?
Can anyone assist me in creating a ballot for an election? Use a table. Easiest way. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51FDE9AB-92AC-4D5A-8EB2-880D5C74BEC1@microsoft.com... > Can anyone assist me in creating a ballot for an election? Maybe some ideas here? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT102530761033.aspx?ofcresset=1 -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51FDE9AB-92AC-4...