Error while opening an excel file without having saved it

This error is coming when I try to open directly an extracted excel file
without having saved it. Why ???

''A DDE error has occured and a description of the error cannot be displayed
because it is too long. If the filename or path is long, try remaining the
file or copying it to a different folder''
0
George6668 (260)
4/15/2008 3:13:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Apr 15, 11:13=A0pm, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thiserroris coming when I try toopendirectly an extractedexcelfile
> without having saved it. Why ???
>
> ''A DDEerrorhas occured and a description of theerrorcannot be displayed
> because it is too long. If the filename or path is long, try remaining the=

> file or copying it to a different folder''

Hi,

It seems that the file is damaged. I think you may try Advanced Excel
Repair at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/ This tool is rather useful in
salvaging damaged Excel xls files.

Alan
0
fyz (26)

Cannot save my form
Hi.Can you please help me with my problem.I create my database last week.At first,the database worked smoothly.But,when I when I reopen my database,my last forms was dissapeared.Can you help me to solve my problem?Any post will help.Thank you. When you open the database do you see the database window? If not press the F11 key. Next go to Forms on the objects bar. Do you see vertical or horizontal scroll bars? If so the new forms might just be a little off screen and using the scroll bars should find them. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

Excel not Access

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

MS Money 95 data files

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel 2007

Planned Open Market Days

"Save" preferences getting lost