Error while installing languega pack, CRM 4.0

Hello,

I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm.

When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an
error. The application log tells me this:

Source: MSCRMWebService

Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a
solution.

Thanks!

Regards

Rene
0
Sauerwein (1)
3/12/2008 10:54:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On the crm database run the following command:
Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2

NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but
should work.

--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Extended Entity and Plug-in browser:
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx

"Rene Sauerwein" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed succesfully the german language pack for crm.
>
> When I try to activate this languega pack over the Webinterface i get an
> error. The application log tells me this:
>
> Source: MSCRMWebService
>
> Any ideas? I searched in previous entrys here, but wasn't able to find a
> solution.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards
>
> Rene
0
Patrick2861 (490)
3/13/2008 9:25:01 AM
Thanks, I knew this solution already. But this didn't help me.

People with this problem get an other error like me.

Rene

"Patrick" wrote:

> On the crm database run the following command:
> Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2
>
> NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but
> should work.

Hi,
I had similar problem with polish language pack (I don't remember exact
message, but it was when pack was activated).
I wish I knew the answer if is this polish problem only, so I downloaded
finnish pack, installed it and activated without problem (maybe it was too
long for me).
After that my polish pack activated as well.

regards
Magda

"Rene Sauerwein" wrote:

> Thanks, I knew this solution already. But this didn't help me.
>
> People with this problem get an other error like me.
>

> Rene
>
> "Patrick" wrote:
>
> > On the crm database run the following command:
> > Delete from MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel where CustomizationLevel = 2
> >
> > NB: make sure you have a backup. And ofcourse this is not supported but
> > should work.

0
magda (1)
3/13/2008 1:18:02 PM
Hello,

interesting solution ;) I tried this, I installed the finnish pack and tried
to activate it, but withous success.

Same error again:

Ereignistyp(=Event) :	Fehler (=Error)
Ereignisquelle(=Source) :	MSCRMWebService
Ereigniskategorie(=Category) :	Keine
Ereigniskennung:	19458
Datum(Date) :		13.03.2008
Zeit(Time):		14:49:32
Benutzer(User):		Nicht zutreffend
Computer:	CRMTEST
Beschreibung(Description):
MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter

"magda" wrote:

> Hi,
> I had similar problem with polish language pack (I don't remember exact
> message, but it was when pack was activated).
> I wish I knew the answer if is this polish problem only, so I downloaded
> finnish pack, installed it and activated without problem (maybe it was too
> long for me).
> After that my polish pack activated as well.

Hello,

we had the same problem and the SQL-Script did not help.

Our solution: we reinstalled CRM ... :-( ... I know that is not realy a
workaround ... but we were lucky: it was a new Installation whithout data in
CRM ...
After reinstalling we had no problems anymore ...

regards
Matthias

"Rene Sauerwein" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> interesting solution ;) I tried this, I installed the finnish pack and tried
> to activate it, but withous success.
>
> Same error again:
>
> Ereignistyp(=Event) :	Fehler (=Error)
> Ereignisquelle(=Source) :	MSCRMWebService
> Ereigniskategorie(=Category) :	Keine
> Ereigniskennung:	19458
> Datum(Date) :		13.03.2008
> Zeit(Time):		14:49:32
> Benutzer(User):		Nicht zutreffend
> Computer:	CRMTEST
> Beschreibung(Description):
> MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Thread was being aborted.
>
> Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter
>

> "magda" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I had similar problem with polish language pack (I don't remember exact
> > message, but it was when pack was activated).
> > I wish I knew the answer if is this polish problem only, so I downloaded
> > finnish pack, installed it and activated without problem (maybe it was too
> > long for me).
> > After that my polish pack activated as well.

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

X Error Bars appearring when it is not set
Hi, I am using the ErrorBars in my chart. I only want the Y Error Bars to show on my chart and I set it correctly in my program using .ErrorBar Direction:=xlY but it appears as a bug in Microsoft Excel Macro. I tried the method in Article 157110 of the Microsoft Knowledge Base to remove the erronously set X Error Bars as follows and it doesn't seem to work: Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("SELECT(""Series 1 X Error Bars"")") Selection.Delete What else should I check or what other method can I use? Is this problem corrected in the the latest Microsoft...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

RSS stack error help pls
I need to demo RSS for CRM (VPC image), i install the CRMrss from michaeljon miller site, extract to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\rss\ change the two .cs files so port include 5555. check the web.config to ensure app key is there for ISV integration. copy the isv.config.xml to the resources folder. go to visual studio 2005 command prompt, go to rss\code to run the make.bat. output from screen is 1 file copied. open the browser, i got the Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown, stack error.. any help? thanks! ...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

VLookup in VBA giving error message

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

Cell Format #4

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

XP Install
I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resides. Could someone provide a link giving me the process I should follow to successfully complete the upgrade ?? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On 06/20/2010 04:52 AM, Dilly Dally wrote: > I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resid...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem

Re-print SVC RTV Packing Slips
Please add to the Reports Menu the ability to Reprint a RTV packing slip. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Mfg ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=107decaa-6e0a-4bc...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...