Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0

I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager"
wizard I get an unexpected error.
Can someone help ?
thanks

Here is the Log:

8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome
screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen.
8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM
8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack
is installed: Success
8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success
8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking existence of EntityIdMap table in CDF
database: Success
8/21/2007 5:15:41 PM------>Getting Microsoft CRM business unit: Success
8/21/2007 5:15:41 PM------>Checking administrative privileges.  Success.
8/21/2007 5:15:41 PM------>Checking Microsoft CRM user rights.
8/21/2007 5:15:44 PM------>Checking prerequisites: Success
8/21/2007 5:15:44 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
PreconditionCheck screen. To: BCMSourceSelection screen.
8/21/2007 5:17:14 PM------>Verifying Outlook with Business Contact Manager
source: Success
8/21/2007 5:17:14 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
BCMSourceSelection screen. To: UserMapping screen.
8/21/2007 5:17:14 PM------>Loading users from Microsoft CRM
8/21/2007 5:18:27 PM------>User  <Amir>  attempted to create a user in CRM
that is not in Active Directory. User reset to UserID of current user.
8/21/2007 5:18:27 PM------>User: Amir with logon Amir is not a valid user in
Active Directory
8/21/2007 5:18:28 PM------>User  <CService>  attempted to create a user in
CRM that is not in Active Directory. User reset to UserID of current user.
8/21/2007 5:18:28 PM------>User: CService with logon CService is not a valid
user in Active Directory
8/21/2007 5:18:29 PM------>User  <kobi>  attempted to create a user in CRM
that is not in Active Directory. User reset to UserID of current user.
8/21/2007 5:18:29 PM------>User: kobi with logon kobi is not a valid user in
Active Directory
8/21/2007 5:18:30 PM------>User  <oferd>  attempted to create a user in CRM
that is not in Active Directory. User reset to UserID of current user.
8/21/2007 5:18:30 PM------>User: oferd with logon oferd is not a valid user
in Active Directory
8/21/2007 5:18:30 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: UserMapping
screen. To: UserMappingWarning screen.
8/21/2007 5:18:41 PM------>Transitioning to previous screen. From:
UserMappingWarning screen. To: UserMapping screen.
8/21/2007 5:18:41 PM------>Loading users from Microsoft CRM
8/21/2007 5:19:09 PM------>Transitioning to previous screen. From:
UserMapping screen. To: BCMSourceSelection screen.
8/21/2007 5:23:16 PM------>Verifying Outlook with Business Contact Manager
source: Success
8/21/2007 5:23:16 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
BCMSourceSelection screen. To: UserMapping screen.
8/21/2007 5:23:16 PM------>Loading users from Microsoft CRM
8/21/2007 5:24:37 PM------>Transitioning to previous screen. From:
UserMapping screen. To: BCMSourceSelection screen.
8/21/2007 5:24:53 PM------>Verifying Outlook with Business Contact Manager
source: Success
8/21/2007 5:24:53 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
BCMSourceSelection screen. To: UserMapping screen.
8/21/2007 5:24:53 PM------>Loading users from Microsoft CRM
8/21/2007 5:25:15 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: UserMapping
screen. To: TerritoryMapping screen.
8/21/2007 5:25:15 PM------>Loading territories from Microsoft CRM
8/21/2007 5:25:15 PM------>No territories were found in Microsoft CRM.
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
TerritoryMapping screen. To: ConfigurationSummary screen.
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>Selected mapping for users and territories
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>The following users will be mapped to existing
Microsoft CRM users:
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* zorik = holon\zorik
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Yoni = HOLON\Yoni
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* kobi = holon\kobi
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Administrator = HOLON\administrator
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Amir = Holon\Amir
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* oferd = Holon\oferd
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* CService = Holon\Cservice
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>The following territories will be mapped to
Microsoft CRM territories:
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* North to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Southwest to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Northeast to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Southeast to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* Northwest to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* South to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* West to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:32 PM------>* East to <Create New>
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From:
ConfigurationSummary screen. To: ConfigureCRM screen.
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success: North
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success: South
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success: East
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success: West
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success:
Northeast
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success:
Northwest
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success:
Southeast
8/21/2007 5:25:39 PM------>Creating territory in Microsoft CRM: Success:
Southwest
8/21/2007 5:25:40 PM------>Creating drop-down list (picklist) value in
Microsoft CRM: Success ownershipcode
8/21/2007 5:25:44 PM------>Creating drop-down list (picklist) value in
Microsoft CRM: Success preferredcontactmethodcode
8/21/2007 5:25:47 PM------>Initializing CDF database...
8/21/2007 5:25:50 PM------>Resolving Outlook with Business Contact Manager
configuration IDs to Microsoft CRM
8/21/2007 5:25:50 PM------>Reading transactional data...
8/21/2007 5:25:52 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Account
8/21/2007 5:26:32 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Contact
8/21/2007 5:26:32 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Opportunity
8/21/2007 5:26:32 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: ActivityTask
8/21/2007 5:26:33 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: OpportunityProduct
8/21/2007 5:26:34 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: BusinessNote
8/21/2007 5:26:34 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: Document
8/21/2007 5:26:34 PM------>Reading data from Outlook with Business Contact
Manager entity: ActivityPhone
8/21/2007 5:26:54 PM------>System.ArgumentException: The surrogate pair is
invalid.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextEncoder.Write(String text)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
   at System.Data.XmlDataTreeWriter.XmlDataRowWriter(DataRow row, String
encodedTableName)
   at System.Data.XmlDataTreeWriter.Save(XmlWriter xw, Boolean writeSchema)
   at System.Data.DataSet.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer, XmlWriteMode mode)
   at System.Data.DataSet.WriteXml(XmlWriter writer)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.BCMMigration.Components.BCMReader.ExecuteQuery(Request
objectRequest)
8/21/2007 5:26:54 PM------>Application Terminated: Unable to read data from
Outlook with Business Contact Manager.

0
ra294 (1)
8/21/2007 3:40:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Strategy for upgrade to CRM version 1.2
Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. We would like to migrate that system to Windows 2003 and CRM 1.2 and finally end up with only .NET Framework 1.1. Is there any recommended methods for such a migration? That is something like, upgrade CRM 1.2 in place first, then upgrade the OS on the system, then remove Framework 1.0. Thank you in advance. Have you read the 1.2 implementation guide? "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23aDSnVXxDHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Currently we have a Windows 2000 system with SP4 running CRM 1.0. W...

Reply To CRM emails not capture
Ok here's the scenario Step A - send out an email using SFO's CRM email - recipient gets email message - CRM creates email activity in History Step B - recipient sends back a reply from message - email comes into SFO/inbox (yes GUID number is in subject line) - CRM creates email activity in History Step C - send back a reply to recipient using "reply" in Outlook (it works if I go into CRM, serach for activity and use reply in web pages) - email is sent to recipient - NO activity is created (even though message threat was created originally in CRM and it still has trackin...

error 0 while exporting store from hq
Getting this error message while exporting store database from HQ even after October 2004 hotfix. An error was encountered while exporting data. Store operation database is not complete and may not work. Error 0 Sagar, You said the Oct hotfix. Do you mean hotfix # 887064 or the Nov # 887168? The Nov. hotfix says it fixes; Exporting a store from HQ database will cause an Error 0 message when HQ database is named with number. Is this the problem? If so, contact your reseller or M$ for the hotfix by opening a support incident or call 888-400-4266. -- = "Sagar Lipare" <Sa...

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

LookUp Function #3
Hello! I'm running Excel XP and trying to figure how to run vlookup from tw colums. The form is for working out the next standard size up. Enter number i A and a number in B and in C it pulls thro the code from 'datarange where A is more then or Equals 'datarange coloum A' AND B is more the or Equals 'datarange coloum B' Any Ideas. Please find attached JPG. Hope i've explained enough. Thanks Ala +---------------------------------------------------------------- | Attachment filename: excel1.jpg |Download attachment: ...

I switched from IMAP to POP 3, Delete in tool bar greyed out?
Also on the advanced tool bar it still gives the options in the current view as IMAP options although I deleted the IMAP account and added the POP 3 account and that is the only account on Outlook? Any ideas? Thank you for you help. PS I even deleted the POP 3 account and re entered it with same results. ...

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

Importing Distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Hi, Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem to locate any data that lets me know if importing DLs is a problem because of that. thanks Kevin Kevin <thersitz @yahoo com> wrote: > Does anyone know where I can find some info on importing existing > distribution lists from Outlook 2000 to 2003. I understand that the > .pst files in 2003 have a different file format -- but I can't seem > to locate any data t...

How to upgrade from CRM 3 to 4 with CRM 3 to GP 9 connector in pla
I currently have an environment with CRM 3.0 and the integration connector to GP 9.0. I'd like to upgrade from CRM 3.0 to 4.0 in-place. Is there anything special I need to do to keep the CRM to GP connector working after the upgrade? There's no custom code or custom workflows as part of the CRM/GP integration, just a vanilla install. Thanks! Hi Bill, I am sorry to say that currently no connector available for GP with CRM version 4.0 from Microsoft. Neither the existing connector works with version 4.0. You may have to migrate to any of the 3rd party vendors such as Scribe. If ...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

Forwarding Messages #3
When I forward a message out of my sent items box I lose the text of the message. The message is still there and tells me of the action on the top. How do I retain the text of the message also. Nathan ...

Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database
Moving A CRM (v3.0) Database If you are thinking of moving your CRM database to another server in the same domain I thought I would just write down my experiences of this process that may help others when they have to do the same. The Scenario: We had a CRM system running on one machine (CRM, IIS, SQL Server, ReportServer) and wanted to move the database to a better machine to help with the performance improvement on the CRM system. We didn’t want to have too much down-time and didn’t want to have to go through the joy of reinstalling CRM. The Solution: Having done a bit of research ...

Accuracy of money fields in CRM 3.0
Hi, does anybody know how to change the accuracy of money fields in crm 3.0? Unfortunatly I cannot change the build in money fields precision. It is limited to two digits. New money fields can have a precision up to five digits but that will not work in my scenario. Any suggestions? J�rg Hi Jörg, Can you tell me exactly which field's precision you want to change? I could change the precision of some existing fields through: Customization -> <<entity name>> -> Attributes -> <<select the attribute>> -> Precision picklist. You can have up...

MS CRM Client for Outlook on Home Edition
I can install the CRM 3.0 Outlook clients on a Windows XP home edition? Lorenzo Soncini Trento - Italy Hi Lorenzo, Windows XP Home Edition is not a supported operating system for CRM Client. For supported configurations and details, please see the implementation guide: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f77-40f0-ae9c-68ada7d4f16a&DisplayLang=en -- Best Regards, Eric Chen [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Lorenzo Soncini" <lorenzo.soncini@technoservice.com> wrote in message...

CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive
Hi, When I'm trying to instal MSCRM Integration with Great Plains v. 1.2 results in this error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Integration requires NTFS formatted hard drive. Please resolve the issue and re-start setup -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The integration server is running on Win 2000 Server SP4. The system partition and hard drive already using NTFS file system. Any suggestions? Thanx, David ...

RMS1.2-GP8.0 Integration
Iam facing a critical issues regarding one of my implementation of GP 8.0 and RMS 1.) when will the integration utility between RMS and GP9.0 will be released. ? 2.) HQ db is on one server while GP db is on another server. When we try to link the 2 databases using the above utility which makes use of Linked server technology, we are not able to do so? Please note our architecture is such that 2 dbs has to reside on separate server . 3.) When we did a test integration with the sample HQ db with sample GP TWO db ( in this case residing on same server ) everything goes fine except ...

Microsoft Word Interface Not Registered Error after Sending Email from Outlook
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix the following error message. After I try sending an email from Outlook, I get a error message that reads: "Microsoft Word Interface not Registered". Thanks, Art ...

"create mscrm.sql" error on 3rd (re-)install
I have installed CRM 1.2 on SBS2K3 twice as "advetureworks cycle" and "msdn subscriber" with only 90% success because of conflicts on the web site. I have removed the conflicts but now CRM installer errors trying to create the new database as (default) local service. My login has SQLServer db_creator permissions and I can create a DB, so I'm totally confused. Can I workaround this somehow ? What login needs to be given db_creator rights so Install can run te SQL scripts ? Hi Marcus, have you deleate the complete the old date from AWC? Have you delete the ...

error: 2147417848
I'm doing a quantitative frequency distribution in megastat "exel" when I click ok, the following appears : Error No. -2147417848 (Method 'Offset' of object 'Range' failed) has occurred in Frequency Distributions - Quantitative....... :( can somebody help me ..... Aundrea Open the Excel sheet, Then, press "Alt+F11".Microsoft Visual Basic opens up. Click on "Insert" tab, select 'Module". then, copy & paste the codes given below in the Module(code). Dim max_reihen As Integer, lowestRow As Integer, latestCol As Integer D...

Installation Error ... KB 935922
Hello, > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. > Currently the hotfix described in [935922]: [Windows SBS 2003] is > unavailable. > [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935922 ] How can I fix it now ?? Thank you Athan On Dec 27, 10:42=A0am, "Athan" <ath...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > > Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service. > > Currently the hotfix described in [935922]: [Windows SBS 2003] is > > unavailable. > > [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935922] > > How can I fix it now ?? > > Than...

Importing Accounts intto MSCRM
I'm trying to import Accounts into MSCRM 1.2 with the DTS. But unfortunatly without succes. I think I make a simple error when I import the excel file into the CDF. It's also possible that my excel file is not correct. I studied the documentation several time from the beginning to the end, without success. It would be perfect when somebody could send me an example of an import file which was a success (account, contact what ever....). With this, I could verify if my installation is fine and the import process works. Or if somebody has another idee, your welcome. Regards Pauler In the...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...