Error while creating custom entity

Hi

I am trying to create a custom entity.
After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am
trying to save it, i am getting the following error:
" An error has occured. For more information, contact your system
administrator".

Help appreciated.

Thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Same issue here. Currently I'm busy troubleshooting, but no results
yet. I tried the following without result:

Enable logging by adding keys to the registry:
LogPerfData: filename
LogPerfDataDetails: 1
LogPerfDataLevel: 2

Repare CRM by using the installation disk.

Did you make any progress resolving this issue?

Regards,

Chris

On Sep 19, 3:42 pm, Bharat Chawla
<BharatCha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a custom entity.
> After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am
> trying to save it, i am getting the following error:
> " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system
> administrator".
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
plenter
9/21/2007 8:28:10 AM
For further issuetracking:

http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=ErrorInfo
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=TraceLogViewer

Regards,

Chris

On Sep 19, 3:42 pm, Bharat Chawla
<BharatCha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to create a custom entity.
> After filling the required fields on the New Custom Entity form, when i am
> trying to save it, i am getting the following error:
> " An error has occured. For more information, contact your system
> administrator".
>
> Help appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
plenter

Retryable VSS error. ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3)(ox800423F3)
I consistently get this error trying to backup a single Virtual Server 2005 R2 VM, while other guests on the same host work fine. The problem started when I shut down the VM, compressed the partitions on each of the two VHD files comprising the machine, and then copied the partitions into new VHD files that replaced the original VHD files. After a good deal of experimentation, I am sure the root of the problem is moving the partitions into new VHD files. VS2K5 runs the VM just fine, but DPM 2007 consistently chokes. I'm thinking DPM is storing some identity information ab...

Outlook 2000 error in pst folder
I received an error on my Outlook 2000 when the Inbox or senf folder is attempting to open.The error is in the Windows .pst folder. I am told by Outlook to use the Detect and repair with the program CD. I have tried that, however the problem still exists. I have set up another user account in XP Home and that is a fix, but not very practical. Any Ideas? It says to run the Inbox repair tool. That is scanpst.exe. By default located in; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox...

What is error: 0x8004010F and how do I correct it.
When I try to email with outlook 2003 I get the above error stating that an object could not be found. I have xp What type of environment are you in (POP3, Exchange, etc.?). Do you have any add-ins or use anything like Mobile Manager? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "timlaf" wrote: > When I try to email with outlook 2003 I get the above error stating that an > object could not be found. I have xp I am in POP3 "K. Orland" wrote:...

How to create a WS_POPUP window like menu window?
I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, make it looks like a menu, but when my menu window activeted, the main app window's title bar become gray. You know the system menu can get mouse move msg and the main app window's title bar do not became gray, Is there any hint? John Smith "John Smith" <tap05@126.com> wrote in message news:%2330OT9mYJHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I do not want to use the CMenu or HMENU, and created a WS_POPUP window, >make it looks like a menu, > > but when my menu window activeted, the m...

error -1216
I tried to replay the transaction logs into the edb file using the following: eseutil /r e00 /l"c:\temprest" /d"g:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata" Instead of replaying i got an error message: "Operation terminated with error -1216(JET_errAttachedDatabaseMismatch, An outstanding database attachment has been detected at the start or end of recovery but database is missing or does not match attachment information." Does anyone know how to get around this? I have done a search in google for this error....and have found nothing. "=?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGI=?=&qu...

Auto Accept Agent Errors
Hi Everyone, I am running the Auto Accept Agent on an Exchange 2003 w/SP1. I have about 10 resource mailboxes registered, and it had been working fine for almost a year now. Starting last week, the Agent stopped proccessing any new appointments, and is logging the following error about 8 times a second in the Application Log: -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Auto Accept Agent Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 8:44:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ODIN Description: Exception occurred while processing item "". This item will not be processed. T...

Money crash creating savings account
I am running Money version 12 under Vista home premium. When I select the "Investing" pull down menu and then select "Saving" from the list displayed money crashes. I have repaired my money file and tried it on the repaired money file and it still fails. I have copied the Sample.MNY file to my documents, where my normal money file is stored, and the facility works Ok I do not think I have ever tried to use this facility before. ...

Creating a cursor on the fly
Hi, I would like to create a cursor on the fly, it is only going to be a white square but because it will be different sizes it would be better to create it on the fly. Anybody have any idea on how i can create a cursor on the fly like that? Thanks. Sims Cursors are actually a BMP sprite, I have tried once saving a BMP file as .cur and it worked! Create a BMP on the fly and set it as a cursor, try it! - Vicky Vigia "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#J5AQlSnDHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I would like to create a cursor ...

Creating a Pivot Chart
I am sure there is a pretty simple trick to this that I just cannot figure out. I would like to put these currencies into a pivot table and be able to filter by Country. My ideal situation would be able to set up a Pivot graph that I could pick and choose which currency I wanted to show using the report filter. Everytime I try I cannot get this result. My sheet is set up as the following. Colums have the Country Currency Ticker USD, JPY, GBP, etc with the values beneath them. The rows are labeled by date starting at 1/1/2006 to 10/22/08 starting in cell. The column labels start ...

Dialog, Custom Controls and Extension DLLs...
I am trying to convert our DLLs from Regular to Extension, and I ran into a problem where Create() is now failing for one of my dialogs. I've narrowed it down to the fact that this dialog has a custom control. The custom control class is imported from a DLL. Here is the scenario in more detail: In DLL1, I have the dialog and code that tries to create it... class Dialog { CustomControl customControl; }; void onSomeMessage() { Dialog.Create(IDD_OF_A_DIALOG_RESOURCE_DEFINED_IN_DLL1); } In DLL2, I have an exported custom control that looks like this... class DLL2_API CustomContr...

custom currency format for Indian rupees
How to format a comma from the right of the decimal point in the third position, then 5th then 7th ie for Indian curency for Lakhs, Crores etc Here is a format that you can use [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "seenu" <seenu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B95D00EB-F863-4453-AC46-9D40B40AEE6F@microsoft.com... > How to format a comma from the right of the decimal point in the third > position, then 5th then 7th ie for Indian curency for L...

#error in text box
I have this code in a text box = dsum("[Amount]", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", "[Customer No] = " & [cboCustomerNumber] & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format([cboPostingDate], "yyyymm") & "'") i keep getting #error in my text box i'm struggling to find they answer to why the query July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query has fields of customer Number posting periood date Amount Now i have two combo ...

Where to find documentation on IDispatch errors?
Hello again, I am trying to figure out how to look up IDispatch errors. I couldn't find the documentation that explains IDispatch errors by their error ID (ex: #32). Can anyone point me to documentation where I can find a list of IDispatch errors and their descriptions? The error I'm trying to figure out the meaning of is IDispatch error #32. Thank you, Mete You did better post this to a programmer's group... IDispatch is a COM interface. It is documented in MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/automat/htm/chap5_3alw.asp. Typically IDispatch ...

Sending Bulk Email to Customers
We have a 8000+ list of customers that we send out a newsletter to on a monthly basis. Is there a best practices to follow when sending that amount of data from our Exchange 2003 server? The email is about 200k in size and if we don't have to cut it down any further we would like to keep it. Our main goal is to conserve bandwidth as much as possible and also manage the NDR's so that we can update our contact list. We will consider 3rd party packages as well. Thanks all! --Adam On 15 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800, eckerle@gmail.com wrote: >We have a 8000+ list of customers that we...

GetWindowRect errors
Hi, this is a bit tricky to explain, so please be complain if im not making myself clear. code: in form view : <.h> CFontListCtrl c_FontList; // my subclassed control <.cpp> c_FontList.GetCtrlRect(&c_staticBorder); // call a method from formview in subclass: <.cpp> void CFontListControl::GetCtrlRect(CStatic* pS) { CRect rect(0,0,0,0); pS->GetWindowRect(&rect); ScreenToClient(&rect); <<<----------------wrong // use rect... rect is relivent to c_FontList not main window ...... ...... } problem is, the above call S...

Error when installing sample data in Project Accounting
When I run the macro to load sample data onto my TWO company in project accounting, after a few minutes, when the employee data is getting loaded, I get an error that window is no longer available and the macro stops running. Anyone has any idea how to load the remainder of the sample data and why this error is happening. I tried to load the data again (a fresh database load) but I got the same error again. Hi, add OLEPath=d:\eentrprs\ in your dex.ini file and run the macro again. Regards Ani "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efa01c...

Printing Envelopes in word98/OS9 causes error
I have a user which is the only one who recieves this error yet everyone else does not who performs the same task but not as often. When she prints a envelope via the wizard she sometimes receives the error "An error has occured while printing" she hits ok. And then from that day on she and only she cant print envelopes to that document. I have walked her through sitting right next to her, printing an envelope and notice nothing that she isnt doing that i am, or anything extra for that matter, ive removed office98 and the problem leaves sometimes for a month sometimes doesnt effect ...

"Customize Outlook Today" stopped working
After downloading a recent security patch from the MS website, the "Customize Outlook Today" button on my Outlook Today main screen no longer works - I click it and nothing happens. I've tried a repair of the install - no good. I'd rather not have to remove and reinstall the entire Office suite. Any ideas? Thanks. This has happened to me also. Would appreciate any help. >-----Original Message----- >After downloading a recent security patch from the MS >website, the "Customize Outlook Today" button on my >Outlook Today main screen no longer wo...

run time error -2147352567
Help! I keep getting run time error -2147352567 "The data has been changed" on my form. The error is generated when I click on a button the opens up a report for me. Here is the VBA. (Submitting just tells if strRQD is "NotMet") Private Sub Command53_Click() 'Print Preview Call Submitting If strRQD = "NotMet" Then strMessage = strMessage + Chr(13) + strDetails + Chr(13) + "Would you like to print these issues on the report?" Select Case MsgBox(strMessage, vbYesNoCancel) Case 6 'Yes Me.IssuesComments = strDetail...

Mass Delete Customers
Does anyone know of a 3rd-party product that will mass delete customers? It'd be nice to have a tool that will automatically delete all the transaction history and summaries and the customer card for a range of customers or a particular class or all invactive customers. Hi Elaine Have you looked at the built in utility for deleting customers? It does almost everything youa re asking for? Microsoft Dynamics GP --> Tools --> Utilities --> sales --> MAss Delete. Thanks -- Fliehigh "Elaine" wrote: > Does anyone know of a 3rd-party product that will mass de...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

Norton Internet Security 2004 and Outlook Errors
Anyone installed Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 on XP Operating System? Have you seen unusual errors when closing Outlook like: The instruction at "0x311e2355" referenced memory at "0x027842c0". The memory could not be "read". Any ideas? NIS2004 Pro also has a component called ccApp.exe, which likes to fully throttle up the processor, and it won't let go until reboot. NIS2004 Pro also causes some web pages to not display, regardless of configuration settings. So far, I've tried uninstall, reinstall, clean boot, and even reformatting t...

Create form that can't be chg'd but info can be copied/pasted?
I've created a template & protected cells but I want to move data around, can I link info, or create form that the data lays on top of, etc. ...

Creating new Outlook Today with Frames
I am trying to create a new Outlook Today htm page with frames for the inbox, calendar, tasks, and notes. I have the outlook:inbox, outlook:calendar, etc links but when they are put in the frame src, they just open in sequence. Does anyone know how to tell the src tags (<frame src="outlook:calendar" name="leftFrame" scrolling="auto" application="true" >) to no open a new window? Thanks for any help.... ...