Error when Retrieving a Contact

I am trying to retrieve a contact using the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll.
I follow the example listed at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/crmcontactretrievemethod.asp?frame=true
and it seems to work fine.

This code will run fine every time I execute it.  Except... when I try
to access the results from the strContactXml variable I get an error.

The code looks like this:

string strContactXml = contact.Retrieve(userAuth, strContactId, "");
Response.Write(strContactXml);

I get an error on the access of the strContactXml variable.  Is the
strContactXml variable a string or is it an XML object?  How do I get
a look at the results of my retrieve?

I am an authorized user, and I have a valid ContactID.

Thanks for your help, this is driving me crazy...
Bill
0
billzakrowski
1/15/2004 11:24:54 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Bill, what error are you getting?

Yes, it returns a string (not an XmlDocument).

Mike

"Bill Zak." <billzakrowski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to retrieve a contact using the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll.
> I follow the example listed at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/CrmSdk/htm/crmcontactretrievemethod.asp?frame=true
> and it seems to work fine.
>
> This code will run fine every time I execute it.  Except... when I try
> to access the results from the strContactXml variable I get an error.
>
> The code looks like this:
>
> string strContactXml = contact.Retrieve(userAuth, strContactId, "");
> Response.Write(strContactXml);
>
> I get an error on the access of the strContactXml variable.  Is the
> strContactXml variable a string or is it an XML object?  How do I get
> a look at the results of my retrieve?
>
> I am an authorized user, and I have a valid ContactID.
>
> Thanks for your help, this is driving me crazy...
> Bill

0
GreaterThanTwo

how to share contacts?
hi to all, how to share contacts between users in exchange 2003? thanks in advance Create a public folder that holds contact items. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "art" <art@antcom.co.il> wrote in message news:BE5F6EBD-5E54-4775-9305-9A9F1A067055@microsoft.com... > hi to all, > how to share contacts between users in exchange 2003? > thanks in advance > art wrote: > hi to all, > how to share contacts between users in exchange 2003? > thanks in advance As Neil's reply says, it&...

Program error
I am trying to append the data to an excel file . It worked while running access 2000 but now that it is running in access 2003 it no longer works. rsExcel.AddNew is where it continues to blow up and I was wondering if there might be a work around or maybe just a compatibility issue. cnExcel.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\TEST.xls; Extended Properties=""Excel 8.0;HDR=YES""", "", "" rsExcel.Open "Select * from TABLE", cnExcel, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic While Not rs.EOF rsExcel.AddNew rsExc...

Error In outlook xp and 2003
I get Error 0x80CCC0F in a few of my clients on the network. If i remove the account and recreate the account for the email account the error goes away for several days and then will eventually come back. All of the MS kB articles reference exch 2000, im running exch 2003. ...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
Morning all, For the last two days I've encountered this error in the Exchange logs resulting in Exchange being offline to staff. A restart of the server brings Exchange straight back to life - any ideas? It's Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003. The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-...

LNK2019 error #2
Hi, I've got a really nasty linker error which actually shouldn't appear. The code itself compiles fine. It's just a simple console application with MFC for CStrings and other stuff. Here is the full message: ClassifierAcc error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC_DLL<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > __cdecl GetNextKeyWord(char *,unsigned __int64,unsigned __int64 &)" (?GetNextKeyWord@@YA?AV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC_DLL@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@PAD_KAA_K@Z) referenced in function "st...

PUB2003 creates text errors in 2000 doc
I have produced a manual in PUB2000 and now that I am using 2003, it prints errors which do not show on the screen -- only in Preview and in Printing. It has inserted numbers occasionally and randomly throughout. Usually these numbers are at the left of a text box, and often correspond to the approximate page number. They are in different font than the correct text and not in line with the text. They are not in the background or anywhere accessible. They just appear on the printed copy and the preview. Has anyone got any idea on how to correct this? Check with the manufacturer'...

Sorting pages in Unfiled Notes causes error
Using the Sort Pages powertoy, on the pages in the Unfiled Notes notebook, I get the following error: "Could not UpdateHierarchy from OneNote. Error code: Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004200B" The message comes up twice. Sorting pages works in other notebooks, just not in Unfiled Notes. What IS it about that notebook? Can't import text messages there except by a workaround.... Can't sort the pages, unless I take them out and put them elsewhere, sort them and put them back.... Maybe I have a jinxed Unfiled Notes notebook...! :) //Steve// Steve Silverwo...

Error Importing reports
I created a report in Visual Studio. I followed the instructions from: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/customizing/reporttutorial.mspx to load the reports. However I am getting an error in CRM 3.0. The error is a pop up box that stats: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Help! Thanks! Hi Christian, This error cam mean several things. If you were the administrator you could see another tab of the error which probably would state something similar to : CrmException has occurred. Not helpful, too. What I would advise you to d...

synchronising Outlook 2007 contacts with backed up version
Hi all, I use Win XP Pro with a Nokia 'smartphone'. In early December, Nokia invited me to download and install a new synchronisation package that truncated some of the entries in my Outlook 2007 including the longer Notes fields in my Contacts; I don't know what else I lost, but some 200 entries were affected. I had mirrored my HDD prior to this, and would like to use this archive to recover the lost data. When the Outlook field on my computer incorporates newer information than the mirrored version, I would like this incorporated. As Nokia has not replied...

sharing Task/Contacts folder in Outlook 2003
The Outlook 2000 invitation to share a task or contacts folder, does not appear with the accept and decline options in Outlook 2003, as it does on other Outlook 2000 clients. Is there someway to make this work in Outlook 2003?? Thanks, -SG Net Folders, buggy application that it was, was discontinued in Outlook 2002 and later versions. See if any of the solutions offered here help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent t...

Error when building payroll build
One of my users is continuously getting an error when clicking OK on Calculate Payroll Checks. The error is - The checks cannot be calculated. Errors were found when building the checks. All other users can build the exact same build with no issues. What could be the issue here? Jack-One thing you may want to check is compare the users security. One user may/may not have rights to benefits/deductions/batches, etc. "Jack Tundra" wrote: > One of my users is continuously getting an error when clicking OK on > Calculate Payroll Checks. The error is - The checks cannot b...

outlook.exe has generated an error and wil be closed by windows
I get this message averytime I accept an appointment in Outlook 2000. Any suggestions gratefully recieved. I have tried:- Deelscting the Add-ins Creatine a new outlook profile Removing the two outlook folders in his profile Creating a new W2K profile thanks Werner >-----Original Message----- >I get this message averytime I accept an appointment in Outlook 2000. > >Any suggestions gratefully recieved. > >I have tried:- > >Deelscting the Add-ins >Creatine a new outlook profile >Removing the two outlook folders in his profile >Creating a new W2K prof...

Updating User's Contacts centrally
Our mother company is changing their email address...so to make it easier to the end users we are looking for a way to centrally update the email addresses to have the new domain suffix... eg Current address - forename.surname@bigcompany.co.uk Newer address - forename.surname@newbigcompanyname.com Of course we could just send an email out...but ideally we want to do it centrally. These contacts are held in individual mailboxes. We do have an account that has Full Mailbox Access to ALL mailboxes. Please please please be easy.... ct Try this link to export / import the data. Use Exc...

Why do I get a runtime error when I am using online help?
When I click on online help I am getting runtime errors ...

Reports error #5
Hello I installed CRM and works fine but i have problem with Reports because i have two <Dir> at http://localhost/ReportServer/ 1: CRM1 and 2: CRM2 and two folders at http://localhost/reports 1: CRMReports 2: CRM Reports. problem is this all reports are under the Folder CRM Reports and when i try to runn reports in CRM then it point to the Folder CRMReports how to change this to point to the right CRM Directory and right Reposts folder. brest regard, thor i am getting this erro rmessage in event log Web service request SetParameters to Report Server http://CRMServ/reportserver ...

Error: Unable to load Application.COMAddiIns.Item...
When opening a saved file i get the following error: Unable to load Application.COMAddiIns.Item ("PPCMenu.dsrPPCMenuExcel").object.clsMenuManager Can anyone suggest a fix Could be a problem with one of the Add-ins. Remove the Add-ins one after another. After each deletion, try to open the file and see if it can be opened without the error message. Regards, Murthy "Jeff" <Jgregorc@stonecarlie.com> wrote in message news:0f9b01c3beac$fe08ae60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When opening a saved file i get the following error: > > Unable to load Application.COMAddiI...

Building Full text index on Exchange 2003
Hello all, I am trying to build a full text index of the mailstore. The catalog is build fine but when performing a full population of the mailstore no mailboxes are indexed. The following messages show up in the Event log ------------------------------------------- Event Type: Information Event Source: Microsoft Search Event Category: Gatherer Event ID: 3018 Date: 28-7-2006 Time: 8:35:05 User: N/A Computer: TBG-VMS Description: The end of crawl for project <ExchangeServer_TBG-VMS privD88B396F> has been detected. The Gatherer successfully processed 1 documents totaling 0K. It failed...

"Error on Page" appears in the status bar when openning CRM4 entit
We recently upgraded from CRM3 to CRM4... The upgrade went nice and smooth. However, we have a frustrating behavior when openining any sales entity in CRM this includes: Leads, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Accounts, and Contacts. When opening any of these entities a message is displayed at the left-hand side corner of the screen status bar: "Error on Page"... modifying/or adding screen data goes allright. Now, when clicking the save button the famous Microsoft message appears: "Microsoft has encountered.... bla bla bla"... When you click the "Send R...

Primary Contacts 03-23-06
Can someone tell me about how references to the Primary Contact is stored in the database? Because the Primary Contact lookup field let's you lookup any contact, I have users who have assigned people, who work for other accounts, as Primary Contacts for the account they were viewing. I need to find all the Primary Contacts, the account they are assigned to as a primary, and then lookup the primary contact's parent account. Thanks for the help James using version 1.2 ...

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression '6 Wescott Rd#
....State:37000,Native:-3100,Origin:[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] How can I correct this so I can continue to (try to) merge into Avery for a postcard mailer? ...

XP Stop Error
I have recently started getting the blue screen stop error as follows: Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error Stop: 0x0000007A (0xC03E19B8, 0xC000000E, 0xF866E50C, 0x100DD860) Atapi.sys - Address F866E50C base at F8661000 Any idea what my issue is? Failing hard drive? http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm "Farmdog" <Farmdog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AEDAE1D-0C71-4A81-9761-93EBAD8226A2@microsoft.com... >I have recently started getting the blue screen stop error as follows: > > Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error > > Stop: 0x0000007A (0xC03E19B8, 0xC0...

Exporting error
When creating a new database and exporting exel sheet into access I got error sheet: Sheet1$_ImportErrors Error Field Row Type conversion Serial# 24 17 rows and random Row numbers. Clearly I am new. Please advise. One possibility: The Serial# in the rows cannot be interpreted as a number value and that is what the export routine decided the field type would be. Try opening the table in design view and if the field is numeric, change it to text. Now, DELETE all the records and import the Excel data into the table. Other...

Error when trying to access Reporting Section in MS CRM 3.0 Pro
Hello, I just deployed MS CRM 3.0 Pro a couple of days ago and everything seems to be working properly, however whenever anyone goes to the Report section under My Work they get this error. "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. " and they can either try again or cancel no matter what they push they end up going to the previous section they were at. I am not sure what is happening. I have searched the internet and haven't really found anything to help me so I thought I would try here. Thanks, Andrew Wong Hello, I was able to ...

OMA and 404 page not found errors
Hi, Im trying to setup OMA (Outlook Mobile Access) on my Exchange 2003 SP2 /Win2003SP2 server. But when I try to connect with my Nokia 6230i or WinWAP for Windows I first get the username/password prompt. Then I get an 404 File or directory not found. I have tried with https as well. No change at all. Still the same page. When I test from WinWAP i am connection directly to the server with no firewall restrictions. What am I doing wrong? I tried adding everyone (readonly) to the main folder of OWA but no change. Regards, Christian Jensen IT Administrator "Christian Jensen" ...

When doing a Z report I got an Error #3709 at the POS
Error #3709 Method '~' of object '~' failed (Source; QSRules) Select GetDate() as current Date Time after I press enter following message: Runtime error '5' Invalid Procedure call or management Then the POS exits! Thank You, Vince Runtime error '5' It is in network error. Check firewall or router setting. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1410 vendaliajat@yahoo.com <NAGARRA@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f374d0b8-4c3c-4f58-b79b-cc04653b2d95@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com...