Error when assigning new owner

I am the system administrator.  There is a specific account that I own.  When
I try to assign this account to another user, I get this error - "The logged
on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these
records or perform the specific actions."

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
-Rick M.
0
RickM (31)
7/15/2008 8:50:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

Authentication Error after restoring SQL databases
Our CRM Development Team messed up our dev server and asked our SQL dba to restore a two day old SQL backup of the MSCRM and METABASE databases. After the restore, the CRM app. is unaccessible through the browser ( Authentication Error. Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. ) Using the Deployment Manager only the License Manager information are visible and neither Server Manager nor User Manager. It seems like the applicat...

WIN98 Outlook 2000 Distributed Authentication Error
Using WIN98 2nd Edition and Office2000 Outlook. Dial-up connects to internet fine and operates fine, Outlook comes up fine and logs into e-mail server, however just before e-mail is supposed to start downloading I get the following: "An error occurred loading the Distributed Password Authentication Components." After clicking OK, get message box "Microsoft Server Extensions" and message "Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Server error code 1723." Uninstalled Office2000 and totally reinstalled, only to get the same exac...

assignment operator and CList
Hi, I'm using CbuttonX class and I'd like to store instances of it in CList, but I'm getting error that "operator = function is unavailable". Is there any way to by pass this or assignment operator is necesary. Declaration is like: typedef CList<CButtonX,CButtonX&> TBList; thanks Try a list of CButtonX pointers, or write CButtonX has an assignment operator (just kidding). typedef CList<CButtonX *> TBList; AliR. by the way, what's a CButtonX? "zorman" <bulba@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uYGK7x9hFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

Invalid sender domain
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Boat Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 AM 554 Fahlahas@Surgv.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain Dan Klinge <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote: > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Boat > > Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 ...

Credit Card Expiration date error
We are getting an error message for credit cards with expiration dates greater than 2010. Has anyone else seen that? We are currently on RMS 1.2 using PC-Charge. It takes expiration dates through 2009. hi Rick, There is update for 1.2 to 1.3 and also in 1.3 there are patches available kindly download from customer sources this will resolve the issue "Rick@ASP" wrote: > We are getting an error message for credit cards with expiration dates > greater than 2010. Has anyone else seen that? We are currently on RMS 1.2 > using PC-Charge. It takes expiration dates thr...

Error 0x80ccc0f
This is becoming a real PIA! I can be using Outlook for hours or only minutes and get this error. When I shut the program down and re-start it, it again works for hrs or minutes. Nothing I do seems to make a difference one way or another. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Larry Outlook 2000 SP-3 Ver. 9.0.0.8954 Webmail Accounts Google Yahoo Mail Plus (default) OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you using a Linksys router? Linksys routers have a history of problems with ma...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Error 0x800CCC13 in Outlook
Hi, We have several clients using a variety of Outlook versions (2000/XP/2003). Our mailserver is Exchange 5.5 running on a NT4.0 server, all availbale patches applied. All of a sudden clients can't send messages, the get error 0x800CCC13. I've looked up in TechNet and removed IE and OE completely, rebooted and reinstalled IE and OE, because of KB312349. Without any improvement. The problem is gone when removing the MS Exchange Server from the accountlist. Sending and recieving using POP3/SMTP does work. When the Exchange Server is selected but the primary storage location is ...

Outlook2003 error
Hi all, I am getting an error message when i try to compus a new message...''The messaging interface has returned an unknown error...'' OS=W2K with SP4 Office2003 Please help me Thx in ADV. ...

Adding a new Entity in MSCRM
Hello How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM. Any help is appreciated Thanks In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be able to "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61839A6-57CA-474D-9D3D-BFB6F8C1543E@microsoft.com... > Hello > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in > MSCRM. > Any help is appreciated &g...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

multiple owner for one account or for example contacts
Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact ??? I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner (crm user). Thans for answer On Aug 11, 3:24=A0am, "Rafal" <rkoczen_1...@o2.pl> wrote: > Could i assign more than one owner for example entity account or contact = ??? > > I want to all logged crm user to see My Activities the same for all owner > (crm user). > > Thans for answer Hi Rafal, No it is not possible to have more than one owner for any records. What you can do is make the "Open Activies&q...

Error 553....rcpthosts...
I am receiving the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: After Upgrading to 5.0 Receive Fatal Error 0 Message on Build Sent: 10/24/2003 10:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'someoneh@somewhere.com' on 10/24/2003 10:43 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I have viewed some of the other posts and done what is recommended, such as authenticate outgoing messages with my username and password. This does not work. I have 3 di...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...

CRM for Outlook: HTTP 401 error
Hello, I'm trying to install CRM 4 for Outlook, but after I write the Intranet address e the Internet Address it sends me an error like: HTTP 401 Unauthorized. This error happens only on my laptop and all the other clients don't have any error. Could it be an error relative to my account? Thank you Rino Make sure the user account that you are using has a security role defined, and that you are also using the correct port when entering the addresses. -ajw "Rino Bertolotto, STESA SRL" <rino.bertolotto@stesa.it> wrote in message news:OGQQNgLcJHA.4480@TK2MSFTNGP0...

New to CML & VB
I am using VB.net and am having a real problem figuring out how to parse an XML response from a web service. The response I get back is, this is a variable in my app.... <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE confirmation> <confirmation confNumber="123456" statusCode="0" errorNum="300" message="Order Accepted" totalItems="6" totalPieces="6" totalCube="10" totalWeight="100" /> So my question is how do I parse this to get the values into variables names the same as in the XML?? AHIA,...

error bars
I have been trying to formulate error bars for a graph. Each point on the graph is made of 3 data points. I am having trouble getting started. The help option odes not seem to be very helpful. It states to click on tools then data series, which does not seem to be an option for me. I can not find such an option. Does anyone know how to do this. If so please help. ...

Windows Installer Error 1635
I am getting the following error message when I try to import a CSV file to the calander. Starts off by saying can not start the required translator, tries to install then I get the error message. ...

Rollback Integration Proccess when error ocurrs
In Integration Manager 8.0, somebody know if in an integration process once you receive an error in the middle of integration we can apply a rollback to all integration or to the last transaction in process, and there are some option to stop the integration process automatically, this thinking in a computer or a server fails I see the BEFORE COMMIT Events but the help file is verry poor. and I don't know wath proccess do it, after or before an error ocurr in the integration procces. Thanking in advance you help Armando Sánchez Monterrey, MX Typically, we use a single ba...

assigning tasks
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop in outlook i could assign tasks to people (send a task to them via email) and then track their progress. is that doable in entourage? must i be on some exchange? thanks ...

MSCRMDeletionService Error: Deletion Service failed to clean up table=CleanupInactiveWorkflowAssembliesProcedure
Every morning we have following 3 Error-Messages in the Eventlog (Application-Log) of the CRM Server. On this installation we tested the import of address-Data several times. Accounts and Contacts with deletionstateCode = 2 are not physically removed from the database. Can anybody give me a hint, how to solve this problem? Can the timeout be increased? 1st Error Message: ------------------ Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event Category: None Event ID: 16387 Date: 25.10.2009 Time: 07:38:11 User: N/A Computer: S0059 Description: Error: Deletion Service failed to clean ...