Error uploading .rdl files to CRM reports

Hi,

I have created some reports for CRM 4.0 using Microsoft SQL server report
builder 2008. These reports query against the _MSCRM database.

When uploading the .rdl files to reports on CRM I get the following error:

"An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dyanmics
CRM

Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft
Dynamics Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong please?

thanks.
Darren

0
darrenm (6)
6/1/2009 11:54:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

We've seen this error when you've previously uploaded a report with the same
name. Try changing the name then re-uploading...

--
Fortis

"darrenm" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created some reports for CRM 4.0 using Microsoft SQL server report
> builder 2008. These reports query against the _MSCRM database.
>
> When uploading the .rdl files to reports on CRM I get the following error:
>
> "An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dyanmics
> CRM
>
> Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
> Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft
> Dynamics Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."
>
> Any ideas what I might be doing wrong please?
>
> thanks.
> Darren

0
fortis1 (66)
6/18/2009 11:02:12 PM
Try to take a platform trace using CrmDiagTool: you will have a much more
explicit error message

--
Tanguy T
My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com

"darrenm" <darrenm@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : 326BDF09-E840-4B63-8B79-EA90C753DB2E@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have created some reports for CRM 4.0 using Microsoft SQL server report
> builder 2008. These reports query against the _MSCRM database.
>
> When uploading the .rdl files to reports on CRM I get the following error:
>
> "An error has occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft
> Dyanmics
> CRM
>
> Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft
> Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's
> Microsoft
> Dynamics Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support."
>
> Any ideas what I might be doing wrong please?
>
> thanks.
> Darren

0
tanguyT (8)

PST file locaion under Win7
Hi, Where does outlook 2007 keeps PST files under windows7? Apparently under Users/myname there is no folder AppData\Local... Thank you for your help. ...

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Maximum file sizes

find action on log file

File size #11

Reporting from Project Server

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Document Viewer installer error

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Error 550 Relaying denied

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

CRM menu is dim
The "CRM" menu pad in my Outlook client is dim (disabled). Does this mean my CRM 3.0 client is not functional. I got the message following message after installing the 3.0 client for Outlook: "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist." Many thanks for anybody who can help. KM Most of the time, in my experience, this means that it cannot connect to the CRM server. Do you have a connection to the CRM server? Try browsing to http://<yourcrmserver>/mscrmservices/20...

Viewing group calendars in CRM