Error "propagating language setting" when starting CRM 4 for outlo

Hi,
I have a new installation of CRM 4. My webclient works fine. When I install
the client for outlook on my outlook 2003 the installation passes without any
problem. I then go throug the configuration without any problems. When I
start outlook it is stucked on "propagating language setting". I have tried
on four different clients with the same result. Any idea???
0
Tobias (8)
2/7/2008 3:47:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have the same issue at the moment.  I will post here if I figure it out.
Please do the same if you do.

"Tobias" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a new installation of CRM 4. My webclient works fine. When I install
> the client for outlook on my outlook 2003 the installation passes without any
> problem. I then go throug the configuration without any problems. When I
> start outlook it is stucked on "propagating language setting". I have tried
> on four different clients with the same result. Any idea???
Tobias:

I downloaded a language pack other than English and installed and enabled it
on the CRM server.  I chose Dutch, but it shouldn't matter.  Once I did this
my Outlook client was able to get past the "propagating language settings"
phase and the Outlook client functions now.  By the way, I am using 64 bit
Vista and Outlook 2007 SP1.  Hope this works for you.

"Tobias" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a new installation of CRM 4. My webclient works fine. When I install
> the client for outlook on my outlook 2003 the installation passes without any
> problem. I then go throug the configuration without any problems. When I
> start outlook it is stucked on "propagating language setting". I have tried
> on four different clients with the same result. Any idea???
Hi,
I never tried with the language pack. Though we found the problem.
In our setting there was differance between "current format" and "format
preview" I think. We changed current format to match the other one and then
it worked.
You can find this under Settings - Administration - System Settings and the
tab Formats.

// Tobias

"Mark Colasante" wrote:

> Tobias:
>
> I downloaded a language pack other than English and installed and enabled it
> on the CRM server.  I chose Dutch, but it shouldn't matter.  Once I did this
> my Outlook client was able to get past the "propagating language settings"
> phase and the Outlook client functions now.  By the way, I am using 64 bit
> Vista and Outlook 2007 SP1.  Hope this works for you.
>
> "Tobias" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have a new installation of CRM 4. My webclient works fine. When I install
> > the client for outlook on my outlook 2003 the installation passes without any
> > problem. I then go throug the configuration without any problems. When I
> > start outlook it is stucked on "propagating language setting". I have tried
> > on four different clients with the same result. Any idea???
0
Tobias (8)
2/12/2008 5:45:02 PM
We have found to correct this issue the user must have the security of at least "read user owned records" for the Saved View security on the Core Records Tab of the Role.
0
heather
9/17/2008 11:02:30 PM
Worked with MS on this for a few days and it turns out the CAL access mode
must be set to "Full" not "Administrator" in the user's information.
You must scroll the very bottom of the general tab to see this field.

"heather thigpen" wrote:

> We have found to correct this issue the user must have the security of at least "read user owned records" for the Saved View security on the Core Records Tab of the Role.

0
sfbruc (4)

Error "propagating language setting" when starting CRM 4 for outlo
Hi, I have a new installation of CRM 4. My webclient works fine. When I install the client for outlook on my outlook 2003 the installation passes without any problem. I then go throug the configuration without any problems. When I start outlook it is stucked on "propagating language setting". I have tried on four different clients with the same result. Any idea??? I have the same issue at the moment. I will post here if I figure it out. Please do the same if you do. "Tobias" wrote: > Hi, > I have a new installation of CRM 4. My webclient works fine. When I i...