Error in in validating some dates

Hi all,

i've installed SQL server 2000 english version and the CRM server in my
native language, italian.
Italian date formatting is different from the US model, i.e. we use
24/12/2004 instead of 12/24/2004.
So, in some case, in particular for due dates, the validating of the
suggested date format sends me an error and doesn't insert the record.
I've set italian language on mail SQL server properties, but i got no
benefit.

Any idea about this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

Domenico.

0
Domenico
12/22/2004 5:41:58 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Domenico,

See if this helps at all:  Go to Home > Settings > System Customization.
From Common Tasks select System Settings.  Choose the 2nd tab, Calendar.  The
2nd selection is related to date.  One available format is dd/mm/yyyy.  I
didn't test this, perhaps it's only display, but maybe not and this may help
going forward....

LindaD

"Domenico Truppi" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i've installed SQL server 2000 english version and the CRM server in my
> native language, italian.
> Italian date formatting is different from the US model, i.e. we use
> 24/12/2004 instead of 12/24/2004.
> So, in some case, in particular for due dates, the validating of the
> suggested date format sends me an error and doesn't insert the record.
> I've set italian language on mail SQL server properties, but i got no
> benefit.
>
> Any idea about this behavior?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Domenico.

Thank you Linda,
it worked!

:)

"lindad" <lindad@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi Domenico,
>
> See if this helps at all:  Go to Home > Settings > System Customization.
> From Common Tasks select System Settings.  Choose the 2nd tab, Calendar.
The
> 2nd selection is related to date.  One available format is dd/mm/yyyy.  I
> didn't test this, perhaps it's only display, but maybe not and this may
help
> going forward....
>
> LindaD
>
> "Domenico Truppi" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > i've installed SQL server 2000 english version and the CRM server in my
> > native language, italian.
> > Italian date formatting is different from the US model, i.e. we use
> > 24/12/2004 instead of 12/24/2004.
> > So, in some case, in particular for due dates, the validating of the
> > suggested date format sends me an error and doesn't insert the record.
> > I've set italian language on mail SQL server properties, but i got no
> > benefit.
> >
> > Any idea about this behavior?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Domenico.

0
Domenico

Getting a "Reserved Error 3099"
Hi I've developed an application and deployed in an ACCDR format. First of all this format generates a lot of errors in Vista/Windows 7 and it works fine in XP. I have been forced to release the ACCDB to Vista/W7 users. But now both the ACCDB and ACCDR versions shows this error during a valid and legitimate call "database.execute(sql string)". That sql command is correct and works fine, but on that machine I see "Error Number 3000: Reserved Error (-3099); there is no message for this error" This is really annoying since I don't know what's wrong a...

Script Error 190 Permission Denied - Customization - Account
When trying to select a 2nd row in the Edit Filter Criteria window I get a 190 script error. Thus, I am unable to perform an 'OR' in the filtering. This error happens on other workstations, so I think it is a bug. It does not occur when performing the same action in Advanced Find versus Customization. Comments ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the su...

Error with domain trusts
Morning all, I've struggling to establish domain traust between 2 Windows 2003 domain controllers: Domain A Domain Functional Level Windows 2003 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 Domain B Domain Functional Level Windows 2000 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 I've setup a DNS zone on each of the domains DC's as a secondary from it's opposite and zone transfers are working, I;ve also created an HOSTS file entry for both domains DC's on their opposits. When I validate the trusts I get this message: Domain B validating Domain A: ...

Error serializing derived Custom Collection Class
I am receiving an error stating that File or Assembly name <filname.dll>, or one of its dependencies, was not found In one assembly I have three abstract classes In another I have three derived classes from the abstract classes The 1st class contains the 2nd class The 2nd class is a custom collection for the 3rd class when I serialize the 1st class I am receiving the error. The classes look like the following: Abstract classes: using System; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace AbstractClasses { public abstract class ContainerBase { private LocationsCollectionBase _loc...

Way around error?
Hi, all. I'm making a number of function overloads for a 'capitlizing' function, it's purpose to convert an input string to mixed upper and lower case as though it were (for example) a name. The (char *) version's giving me some grief. The code (below) works if the string is allocated from the heap, but not from the stack (access violation). i.e., if I use: char instring[9] = "john doe"; I get back "John Doe". If I use char *instring = "john doe"; I get the access violation at the first attempt to modify the string. Similarly, if I cal...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Get error message when press Test account setting
I just set up a new POP account on my Outlook and i get this message everytime i press the Test Account settings button. Send test email message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the E-mail Address field. I still can send and receiev mail but this error is really bugging me. ...

book mark not valid
Ok we started trying to get exchange 2003 installed about 2 months ago, with no luck. So we went and took a 2 day crash course. We got it set up OWA works but when we try to setup Outlook 2003 clients we get "Name not found. Book mark is not valid." Can anyone give me detailed instruction on how to fix this problem? This is the 3rd time exchange was installed in on this network. Is there anything that could be messing up the domain controllers and not allowing the info to go through. My knowledge of Exchange and Windows server 2003 is very limited. If you could explain it like your ...

Calculating diff between date/ time only between certain hours 02-24-10
I am trying to calculate the difference in hours between a date/time range but only the hours in a certain range. 1/27/10 4:49 1/27/10 11:32 I am trying to find the diff in hours only between 6:00 and 23:59, any hours that fall outside of that time frame should not be counted. Each calculation will have different dates so if there is a way to do this without specifying the date that would be great! GMv1 - If your start date is in A4 and your end date is in B4, then you can do this: =MOD(B4,1)-IF(MOD(A4,1)<0.25,0.25,MOD(A4,1)) This works becase date/times are stor...

How do I format the Auto Date font that is inserted
Sorry to bother with such a minor thing.... When creating a page that is captured from the web, a date and time is already inserted at the top of the page... which is great. The only problem is that it is so tiny and light colored font that it is hard to see. Is there a way to change that font? Thank you. Nancy PS- I just started using Onenote and it is a great program! I just love it. Perfect for what I need. Never mind... I see the answer in a previous post. Sorry, I thought I had read all the previous post headers. Nancy "Nancy" <weewee37@hotmail.c...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Color rows based on date in a cell?
Programming question? Hopefully so. Excel novice here I would like to color a row yellow at a certain date, then red at another. This is for a project and the yellow and red correspond to due dates. Say at 12/11/2009 the row is yellow. At 12/19/2009 it is red. I would also like to color a row (some color) when a 100% is reached in the "completed %) cell. Help is appreciated! Ignore, as this is now in General Excel forum,, "tbo" wrote: > Programming question? Hopefully so. > Excel novice here > > I would like to color a row yellow at a certai...

How do Count a the number of times a date range appears within a date range!?
I'm stumped, I have no real idea on how to do this so any help much appreciated! I have a start date (no year ie, 1st December) and an end date (again no year say 5th Jan), And a date range, eg 11th May 2001 to 1 January 2006 for info late: 1st Dec to 5th Jan = 35 days How do i get a count of the number of 1st Decemebers to 5th Januarys in that date range for example 1st December 2001 to 5th January 2002 is 1st 1st December 2002 to 5th January 2003 is 2nd 1st December 2003 to 5th January 2004 is 3rd 1st December 2004 to 5th January 2005 is 4th 1st December 2005 to 1th January 2006 is...

How to change transaction date?
I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I use online bill payment through my bank. There is a recurring rental payment each month. It is processed on the 20th for a due payment on the 25th. Money will see it and enter it into my Money account as an electronically cleared item. Sometimes the item will clear so that I have two rent payments occuring in the same month. This skews my expense report because the next month has no rental payment. I'd like to see one rent payment each month for budgeting purposes. Right now, I'm subtracting one of the rental payments manually to g...

Date and Time Table Modified
I have 4 forms used by managers to enter data. When they enter data, the data is saved in tables. I would like to include a date and time stamp so that I know when they entered each piece of new data. Do I need to have a field in my table to collect the date and time? How do I collect that in my form? Thanks!! Yes, you need to add a field to your table. In the form's BeforeUpdate event, put code to update that field. Assuming that you named the field LastUpdated and that you included the field in the form's RecordSource, the code would look something like: Private Sub Form_Bef...

DIV/O Error
Here is the wrong way: =IF(B91/(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87),(B91-(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87))*0.5+(D4*D87+E4*E87+F4*F87+G4*G87+H4*H87+I4*I87)*0.166722) This example was kindly provided and I must post for those at my level to learn the better practice approach. =IF(SUMPRODUCT(D4:I4, D87:I87)=0, "", IF(B91<>0, B91/2 - SUMPRODUCT(D4:I4, D87:I87) * (0.5 - 0.166722),"")) Thanks jem! ...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

XML schema validation #3

Error in result of transformation when length > 16040 bytes
I have written an XSLT transformation on an ASP.NET page. The resulting HTML is primarily a table of links. I have found that when the resulting HTML is less than or equal to 16040 bytes, the output display is normal, but when the resulting HTML exceeds 16040 bytes, the output does not display correctly. When I look at View Source, I see that the final </html> tag gets moved to another spot in the output, byte by byte as I increase the size, that is, at 16041 bytes, the final > gets moved, at 16042 bytes the final l> get moved, etc. And as the output size increases, more...

Scheduling Meeting error.
While scheduling a meeting in Outlook, I go to my calendar, select the time, invite a conference room (there are no attendees other than the conference room), track it to a Lead in CRM, and hit send. I get an error that says “Scheduling Error; The following potential problems have been found. No resources have been selected for this activity. Do you want to ignore these error and Save?” Does anyone know why the conference room is not being recognized as a resource? Did you set it up as a resource in CRM? "Kirk Anderson" wrote: > While scheduling a meeting in Outlook...

Outlook Archive NOT using Modified date
Is there anyway to force Archive to look at sent or received and not consider the modified date to archive items. We put in a new server and migrated all the mail to the new server so now the modified date on all emails has changed to that date. Now everything looks only a couple of months old even email from 2 and 3 years ago. I need to get archive to ignore the modified date. Any way to do this? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engine...

worksheet 401 error
Hi We are getting the following error when processing a worksheet 401 at one of our stores (the same worksheet processed fine at the other 18 stores) <<ExecuteCommand>> Error -2147467259: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. UPDATE PurchaseOrderEntry SET Price Any suggestions on where to start looking/ See if there are any custom triggers on any of the tables, i had this problem with a custom trigger on th item table. -- Stephen Zwar...

I fixed the date and time and the time zone. Now reply me please
Hi, I have some questions in outlook 2003, can anyone help me? 1-how can i in the appointment type a subject with special format (red, bold..) 2-whent a task is 100% completed, how can be deleted automatically. 3- I need to filter only the available time on a specific day. ex if i have 2 appointments today on a specific time, what i need to see is the available time for other new appointments. 4-If I have a lot of appointments on a specific date that are colored with labels and have a specific show time as (busy,tentative), when i go to print this calendar with the "calendar detai...

strange error message on start up: Office 2004
HI Everybody, I just installed MS Office 2004 on my new iMac. When I open a new word document I get a dialogue box saying: "An unexpected error occurred while trying load Microsoft Framework Library." Is there any way I can get this message to stop? Thanks!! Your installation of Office needs to be updated. Locate the AutoUpdate app that was installed into your Applications folder & run it to download/apply the updates beginning with 11.3.5 on through 11.4.0 - Did you not get a prompt about updating during the installation? -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <gr...

RE: Error when initializing Dynamics DB in 6.0
Hello: A colleague of mine is having some issues with installing and upgrading from 6.0 to 9.0. Obivously, 6.0 is no longer supported so I thought that I would post her e-mail here. Below is her e-mail. Any help would be appreciated: I’m doing a 6.0 to 9.0 upgrade, and moving servers. I have loaded 6.0 on the new machine, and am trying to create the DYNAMICS db. I get the message below when I try to create it: It seems to point to the tempdb not being big enough. I have increased the db & log size to > 200MB (docs say Dynamics needs 50). GP is of no help, b/c they do not ...