Error creating a new entity

When i try to create a new entity, i get the error "An error has occurred.
For more information, contact your system administrator." There is no entry
in the log files.

i have CRM3.0 running on a win2003 entr. ed.
I tried lots of solutions, many in which case it was a problem with
users/rights. But no solution workd jet.

0
Napel (1)
3/31/2008 1:48:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

try to enable DevErrors in the CRM web application, web.config and simulate
the job again and to see the details of the problem...

"Geert ten Napel" <Geert ten Napel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:015EEA83-FCE3-44C0-BAA1-27D90FAED794@microsoft.com...
> When i try to create a new entity, i get the error "An error has occurred.
> For more information, contact your system administrator." There is no
> entry
> in the log files.
>
> i have CRM3.0 running on a win2003 entr. ed.
> I tried lots of solutions, many in which case it was a problem with
> users/rights. But no solution workd jet.

0
fallar (47)

How do I Install Office:mac 2004 Upgrade on new iMac
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office:mac Upgrade Professional Edition installed on my G3 running OS 10.4.11 and am trying to install the program on my new iMac with Intel Duo processors. I am unable to transfer the application over from the G3 because I don't have enough access privileges. (The system (both macs) ran for 13 hours supposedly transferring files, after which it managed to transfer 1 application. All files that were transferred deny me access privileges.) They're my machines - I am the only user of both machines. I have Wo...

new clause on online services
Is this new to M2004? From the comparison page on the various M2004 versions: 3 Online services valid two or three years from first use. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire two years from first use of Microsoft Money Standard or September 1, 2006, whichever is earlier. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire three years from fir...

Windows users cannot open attachments created in Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I "upgraded" [HA!] from Office 2004 to Office 2008 in January. I soon discovered that Windows users could not open Word files I created (regardless of whether I saved them as .doc or .docx, and regardless of their ability to open .docx files.) I don't remember how I fixed the problem, and it's happening in Excel too. I wasted several hours trying to find a fix and I can't. Mac users can open the .xls file I sent, but Windows users can't. I had no trouble uploading the files to a Windows network d...

Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date

New user
I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even sure where to look for it...Help appreciated DJE <DJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even > sure where to look for it...Help appreciated http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Data Migration Framework Error
Hi All, Im having trouble importing email activites into MS CRM. When running the migration tool , Im getting the following error in the logs for every email I've set up as an activity. I've checked the guids for the owninguser and the objectid (contact), and they all exist. Im not creating any associated records in the cdf_ActivityParty table, as I only want to store the link for the "regarding" item so to speak. Thoughts anyone? Regards, Cameron 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- [ERROR] Failed to migrate object: crmActivityUnknownError 21/10/2004 - 8:43:18 AM -- <a...

Help... Custom entity may have damaged the db
I created a custom entity for a client, then, upon creating a relationship Lookup to Opportunities, the screen froze. When I shut it down, I went back into the customization menu, and was told that the server was unavailable. I think that stopping the Relationship process may have hurt the db. Is there a way to roll back? I would check the event logs on both the CRM web and sql server. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "MD" <MD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3759DD21-0E71-4AEC-8425-358C17E706...

Out of office assistant error message
If i try to open my out of office assistant, I get an error message stating that it can not be opened due to a unspecified error. After closing this window another message comes up and says that "system resources are critically low" which is not the case. What can I do to remedy this problem. Thanks TK ...

bad image error message
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002. One of my users just started getting this error message: The application or DLL c:\winnt\system32\Inetcomm.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. He can't send or receive any e-mail in outlook. I have removed and re-installed Office XP, tried to run the repair feature, and researched the knowledge base with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rudy ...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy.
When I try to copy and paste a table from Excel into Word I am getting the error "can't empty clipboard" appears after hitting the copy function...This has happened a couple of times but only after extended use of the program. When I pull up the clipboard there is nothing on it at all...I opened the clipboard on every program I have running to see if its full somewhere else but it isn't. ...

how do i create an action button in publisher?
ei am using publisher to creat email marketing publication and are looking to add interactive buttons. I have looked every where in the software, could not find it as easy as it is in powerpoint or access and excel? Is the function hidden somewhere? I have seen it used on one of the template in publisher, could someone help.I desperately need an answer. Please What kind of action to you want Publisher to perform when you click on said button? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "John" <John@discussio...

When creating a toolbar manually...
Hello, I tried in my program to create a toolbar manually (I have a class that derives from CToolBar) instead of modifying what the app wizard generates for me. Everything works, except for one small thing: The string associated with each button is only displayed in the status bar while the button is being pressed, not when hovering above it. Can that be fixed easily somehow? This was just an experiment and it's a bit annoying that I could get everything working except when the button string is displayed in status bar. Here's how its created: void MyToolBar::Create(CWnd *parent...

DTD Entity Events
Hello, I have a confusion regarding how the Parameterized and Predefined ENTITIES are resolved while parsing a DTD. Do we get events for the same or are they internally replaced and no events generated. Kindly Help Maansi * Maansi Gupta wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >I have a confusion regarding how the Parameterized and Predefined ENTITIES >are resolved while parsing a DTD. Do we get events for the same or are they >internally replaced and no events generated. You should be able to write your own entity resolver. ...

Changing to new dates
Hi everyone I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to 2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years e.g 01/01/0 02/01/03 this goes up to 31/12/0 and i want it to be changed to 2004 year plz help me im going crazy!!! Just put the first date in the first cell assume it is A1, in A2 put =A1+1 then just copy down the formula -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B773478-C8A1-4F88-AE9D-CD3DD5B8878...

how do you stop editing the text in a created button
i'm in the process of setting up a spreadsheet, which happens to include macros! now the only problem i have is everytime i press the relevant button i've created and assigned a macro to it goes straight in to the editing text mode! is there any way of stopping that! Sounds like a command button from the Control Toolbox. Open the Control Toolbox Toolbar and click on the design button to "exit design mode". This would be the top left button on the toolbar. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:18:13 -0800, "kara" <kara@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Money 2004
Suddenly whenever I try to run Money 2004 (standard) I get a C++ Runtime error message that the application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way and that I should the application's (ie. MSMoney) support team for more information. I have made no changes to the system that I am aware of and have re-installed Money, uninstalled and re-installed it, run the repair utility on the data file, and tried to open the sample data file after re-installation. I have also performed a hard disk test and have up-to-date virus and spyware programs running at all times. Help gre...

Licence caanot be authorised on new PC
I have recently bought a new Desktop PC. I have uninstalled a copy of Office Ultimate 2007 from my old PC and now wish to install it onto my new PC. I have checked with my supplier who assures me I have a licence for 3 machines. I have installed the product on a Desktop PC, Laptop and Netbook. Consequently I have uninstalled from one Desktop PC and wish to re-install on the new Desktop PC so still having 3 licences only. When I installed on the new PC I get a message asking me to activate the product. This does not work as it appears I have 4 rather than 3 licences even thou...

Custom Entity Relationship Attribute
Here is my situation: I need to have an entity. Let's call it Split. That has a one to many relationship to Contact. One Split to many contacts. Each contact will need to be given a percentage in relation to this Split. However, this percentage would not be an attribute of either the Split(as each contact would have a different percentage) or the contact(as this contact would only have this percentage in relation to this split). My question is how can I set this up in the system? As far as I can see I cannot have attributes of the Relationship?Thank you! You are actually ...

Creating Views
I am using an "if" function to return information to me from another worksheet, is there a way for the format of the original to be carried with the cell value? I'm trying to build a spreadsheet where I only enter data and format in one workseet then use the other "tabs" worksheets as "views".... Hi Doug a formula cannot transfer format information Frank Doug wrote: > I am using an "if" function to return information to me > from another worksheet, is there a way for the format of > the original to be carried with the cell value? ...

Sendmail brings up funky error message
I have hosting on Godaddy, I am using sendmail component in my script, I am getting this error message: The message could not be sent to the SMTP server. The transport error code was 0x800ccc6a. The server response was 451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html at the SmtpMail.Send(Mail); line: Mail.Body = "Company: " + Request.Form["company"] + "\nFirst Name: " + Request.Form["firstname"] + "\nLast Name: " + Request.Form["surname"] + "\nCategory: " + Request.Form["category"] + "\n ...

error opening up SOP Short History Invoice Form
Trying to use the SOP Short History Invoice Form instead of the blank one, but each time I selected it I get an error. "Cannot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded" I'm on GP 8.00g44. Pete, Make sure you are not looking for a mdified report. someone might have modified the SOP Short History Invoice Form and given you acces to it. If you do not have the modifed report dictionary locally, or have permisions to see it on a shared drive, you will recieve this message. If your company is running Manufacturing for Great Plains, check to see i...

Creating a self deleting executable using .NET
I am trying to create an application for the Windows Mobile 5.0 (or higher) platform. One of the features of the application is that it has a panic button that automatically closes down the application and deletes the executable. I have been trying to find a technical solution for this feature but it has proven to be much harder than I thought. The problem is that the physical executable file is locked and can't be deleted as long as the executable is running. I found some quite interesting articles explaining the problem in more detail and also explaining some possibl...

Error messages and disabled 2000 Access dbs when opening them in 2007 Access
Just installed the upgrade from Professional 2000 to Professional 2007. Am not happy with the results - especially Access. I posted the following complaint about Access on the microsoft.public.office.misc and was told I needed to post it in an Access group. Not sure this is the right group. 2007 Access will not open any of my 2000 Access databases without a stream of error messages first and then will not allow me in through the switchboard without enabling it for only **1** session!! Only after working through/closing about 1/2 dozen error messages am I able to get to a "Secur...

Opening new files
Hello, I am using Excel 2000 (Windows Me). I would like to know how to open a file or worksheet in new window i.e. every file I open must apear in new window. Currently when I open a file it is being opened in the same window. Please help. Thank you. *CPP* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ While working on a file; if you try to open a new file from excel then it will be opened in the same window. But if you find the file and double click on the file, ...

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...