Error after new installation

We have just installed CRM on a new server and are having issues that we
never had on our old server.  Many pages display fine but most give a

************************************
Server Error in '/' Application
The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
current web request.
Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP
status 404: Not Found.
************************************

I think basically it comes down to the CRMService.asmx not working.  However
the MetaDataService.asmx does.  ie if I open the following links in Internet
Explorer:
http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx
http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/MetadataService.asmx

the CRMServive also gives a "The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not
Found." error.  However the MetaDataService opens fine, giving the normal
links to supported operations on that service.

Now given that these services point to different classes within the same DLL
I assume that there is something wrong with my setup in IIS?

kind regards,
Paul.

0
Paul
7/12/2006 8:28:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Paul, when you installed IIS on the server, did you check the ASP.NET
checkbox option?  I think I've had this before and it was because ASP.NET
wasn't installed (it's not checked by default).  If not then you'll likley
need to uninstall the CRM, install the IIS component, and then re-install
the CRM

Dave Ireland

"Paul" <scritchREMOVE@REMOVExtra.REMOVEco.nzREMOVE> wrote in message
> We have just installed CRM on a new server and are having issues that we
> never had on our old server.  Many pages display fine but most give a
>
> ************************************
> Server Error in '/' Application
> The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
> current web request.
> Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP
> status 404: Not Found.
> ************************************
>
> I think basically it comes down to the CRMService.asmx not working.
> However the MetaDataService.asmx does.  ie if I open the following links
> in Internet Explorer:
> http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/CrmService.asmx
> http://localhost:5555/MSCRMServices/2006/MetadataService.asmx
>
> the CRMServive also gives a "The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not
> Found." error.  However the MetaDataService opens fine, giving the normal
> links to supported operations on that service.
>
> Now given that these services point to different classes within the same
> DLL I assume that there is something wrong with my setup in IIS?

> kind regards,
> Paul.

0
Dave

Error on PA Reconcile Log Report
Hi One of the my user get an error "Error accessing SQL Data" when he run the PA reconcile for a customer. However when i run this report via sa i am able to see the report. Can some one tell me how to fix this? Thanks Regards -Riz ...

Runtime Error '9'
We have 5 spreadsheet which reside on a network drive. The spreadsheets are macro driven, and we have issue that only the person who setup the macro's is able to run them. For everyone else, we receive Runtime Error '9'. We have tried copying to local drive, and same issue. Only the creater of the macro's can run them, and this person is leaving the company. They are unable to figure this out. When I receive error and click Debug...it goes to following location in the macro: For i = 0 To NumOfLeads 'adjust TL's sheets Windows(PageName(...

Installing CRM 4.0 with SQL 2008 Walk Through?
Is there anyone or a location of a document that has a walkthrough for Installing CRM 4.0 with SQL 2008 on Windows 2003? I have tried a couple of times to get this to work, but it often fails in relation to the Report Server. So I am hoping that someone has some guide on how to do this. Also can this be installed on a Server with Exchange 2003. I have a very robust server, so I am not worried about system resources, but I would like to be able to do this. If not, that is fine, But CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 will be on the same server. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies....

How to transfer/copy range names with a worksheet to a new Excel f
Hello: I have a large worksheet with about 200 named ranges. I would like to copy this worksheet and all the range names to other Excel files (workbooks). How do I do this? (When I copy the entire worksheet to another file, the range names do not transfer.) Thanks, in advance, for your help. I copy the worksheet in Excel 2007 with: 1) Right click on worksheet's tab, move or copy, new book, check make a copy. I get all of the names in the new workbook. 2) I select all of the cells in the worksheet by clicking on the area to the left of the column A header and above the row 1 hea...

old PST Inbox says 32 new messages, none are visible, seems to be missing mail
Hey well, i hope someone can help me. back before i was smart enough to read news groups, i used outlook xp and it was good. I was able to download all my mail on to my pc from the pop3 or webmail places i went to. over the years, i reinstalled office and outlook on many different machines. eventually, i found an oppertunity to get office 2003, so i did. when it came time to move my old pst folders, i did it in the most stupid way possible....i copied the file out of my old system and put it directly in place of the new one that outlook had just created for me. i figured, it was the sam...

new user questions
I recently purchased the action pack subscription and am evaluating CRM standard suite. We're testing with a few different business units and I'm curious if anyone knows once we're satisfied with it, if we can take the data from the action pack version and upgrade to the real version. The license agreement states no licenses can be added to the action pack version but I don't want to spend tons of time learning/customizing it only to find out we can move that config to a production box. Hi Jason, you can move the configuration easily to a new box by exporting the X...

strange error on saving
On several, but not all, workbooks, when I save I get a box up with the message: "The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? ()Save a copy () Overwrite changes." Tried searching the knowledge base with no luck. Has anyone else seen this? Do you have a cure? jlb Have a look at this KB Article "The file may have been changed..." error when you save work�book to network server in Excel 2002 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324491 Myrna Larson also reported...

Version 6 client install
I've been asked to install a couple of replacement XP workstations to a small 5 user LAN running Great Plains 6.00g28 on an NT4 server. The server does not appear to running MS-SQL or Pervasive SQL. The old workstations have a Great Plains folder on the local drive that contains the client software. Can I simply copy this folder to the new workstations, or do I need to install from a CD or central location to ensure registry entries etc. are created. Many thanks in advance for assistance offered. GP does update the registry so I would install it on those machines. You can copy o...

Opening a New Excel file?
On my home computer (MS Office 2000) when I open 2 excel files, there are two copies of Excel that open. Kinda like how MS Word does it. But my work Excel, opened all the sheets in 1 excel. So I have to use Window->FILENAME to see it. But at home, I just use alt-tab. How do I set this up? Is there a setting? Thanks Hi Mike. Try Tools - Options - View - check Windows in task bar HTH >-----Original Message----- >On my home computer (MS Office 2000) when I open 2 excel files, there >are two copies of Excel that open. >Kinda like how MS Word does it. > >But my work Exce...

Installing Business Portal for GP9.0 #2
Hi all, I have a SharePoint Portal Server that is seperated from a GP server and a SQL server in another box. I'ld like to install Business Portal for the GP. Where is the best place to install the BP (on the SharePoint server or the GP server)? Please advise. I tried to find a Business Portal placement guide on the CustomerSource, I couldn't find it. If someone knows the place to go, please let me know. Thanks in advance, DK. Business Portal is a sharepoint application. We have BP/SharePoint/IIS on one server while GP9 sql resides on another server. The consultant installed...

bank transfer error numbers display from workbook to csv
Dear all, I have a an excel file 99-2003 workbook that includes bank code and salary details, it is required from me to save it as csv but when i do so all the account numbers are corrupted example 201018537554 but when i open in csv it shows 2.21037E+11 Please help the bank is rejecting my applicatio due to the unredable numbers and plus how can i get a number that contains 0000031456789 and keep the zeros once it is in a number format it will only work when i use the special format num portugese "numero de seguranca social" Please help You should convert your numbe...

2007 runtime causes error in previously installed version
I developed an application in Access 2007. I packaged it with the Access 2007 runtime environment. I installed it on a machine that has Access 2003 installed. That machine gets errors when using a form developed in Access 2003. In uninstalled the 2007 runtime and the Access 2003 form works fine but now he can't use the application I installed. Some of my users don't have Access at all on their machine so they don't have a problem. I'm guessing that anyone that has built something with a previous version is liable to have an issue with the 2007 runtime. Any suggestions? smc@se...

old email now Word template for all new e-mails?
I use Outlook 2000 and recently began getting an old e- mail at the beginning of every new e-mail I start and also every time I click 'reply'. I've looked at the normal.dot template in Word -- it appears to be blank. Where is this old e-mail living that it pastes itself on all new emails and replys? Many thanks, Paulette See if you can find an email.dot file -- I think that's what WordMail in Office 2000 used for mail messages, rather than normal.dot. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only...

Dr. Watson Error
We are using Visual Studio .NET to develop a web site. One of the web pages has two buttons available for users, one button to retrieve data from the database and the other to convert the data into excel format. These buttons work fine on XP platform but having problems on Windows NT. On some (but not all) PCs running Windows NT, users may get Dr. Watson Error window and then IE error for unable to display the content. I found KB article 178305 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;178305) is very close to describe our situation. However, the solution in Met...

GP10 Int Mgr- error
Hi, When attempting to run an Integration in GP 10 for Bank Transactions-Receipts encounter an error on Amount field "input string was not in a correct format" As per log Status Code -2147221462 Has anyone encountered this error and if so how did you resolve it Thanks in advance for any ideas Michael Michael, You will typically get this error if you are mapping a non-numeric value to a numeric field. Review your mapping and correct accordingly. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics ...

cannot install CRM 3.0 outlook client -- cannot connect to server error in prequal for install.
explorer is working fine , I can login to accounts and work there. when I try to install I enter the same server name ( CRMSERVER ) or ( CRM.company.com) and neither work . is there a special port that is required by this communication between client and server ? Help is appreciated. eric@corpotel.com it should be servername:5555 hope that helps "es" wrote: > explorer is working fine , I can login to accounts and work there. > > when I try to install I enter the same server name ( CRMSERVER ) or > ( CRM.company.com) and neither work . > > is there a spe...

error writing to adodb.dll on 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
We need some help. We did an upgrade of a 1.2 CRM server yesterday to 3.0. It had an error "Error writing to file:adodb.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." The install log ends with SQL Server Reporing Services failed. The CRM pages come up, but most links error out. Where do I turn now? Does anyone know what permission it's missing? Then, what do I do with this install? Can I rerun in the upgrade or reinstall again? Thanks for any help. ...

Install Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2003 Server
Dear all, When I install Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2003 server, I got the error "While attempting to start the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service, the following error was encountered" The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Microsoft Windows NT ID no: 0xc002041d". Our domain environment is running NT 4 domain with 2K and 2003 servers. Is it can not allow install Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2003 server? Thanks, Alexander Brown This is not supported. /Simon "alexander brown" <alexander.brown@hotmail....

Error when Installing OL2003
I am getting following error when installing a new instance of OL2003Pro an unhandled win32 exception occurred in outlook.exe All other Office products run fine. Using XP Pro SP2 attached to exchange 2003 Need answer or solution steps ASAP. Thanks. As an update, I intsalled the reuired MS Updates but now getting an error message saying something cannot be "read". I had the 2007 Beta installed and unintsalled that. Could this be the problem?? "JC HARRIS" <harris1113@fake.com> wrote in message news:OUJcACSzGHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am getting f...

New Sheet Name
Hi All, is there anybody that could tell what code to use to insert a new worksheet with a specific name. Currently I can create a new worksheet in a amacro which will be named "Sheet1" and I can manipulate that sheet using the macro. However, if I delete this sheet and then run the macro again, it will be named "Sheet2" and all subsequent code is then referring to a non-existent sheet e.g. "Sheet1". This has been drivin me nuts for ages. Thanks in advance, Dominic Hi Dominic How about Sub NewWSheet() Sheets.Add().Name = "MySheet" End Sub ** Pos...

Can't install SP2 in Vista Home Premium
pudmar@shaw.ca Is Anyone willing to help me or guide me with installing SP2 and other impportent updates for my Vista Home premium laptop Dell Inspiron 1721 - please. I was trying several times but no cigar so to speak. Marian (that happen to be he) Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until August 30, 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 & select appropriate category (i.e.,...

Insert Existing Worksheets into a new Workbook
I have a set of many single page worksheets with calculations; I want to make a single Workbook using all of those pages. Then I want to extract data from a certain cell on each Worksheet and SUM that data on the last page of the Workbook. In EXCEL 2007 in order to extract and sum data on a specific page of the Workbook:- 1. Assume I have a Workbook set up in which there are 4 Worksheets and I wish to sum cell C6 from 3 of those Worksheets in Sheet1. 2. In cell C6 of Sheet1 (this is where I want the total to appear):- Home / Editing group / AutoSum / 3. Now click on ...

3.0 Install Issue
I'm upgrading from 1.2 to 3.0 on a SBS 2003 box. During the install, I chose to install SQL Reporting Services, but I'm getting an error saying that Reporting Services cannot be validated. Reporting Services is trying to use http://servername but CRM is already setup at http://servername . . .. so what can I do so that Reporting Services isn't trying to use the same address as the CRM site? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, As far as I am aware, SRS only installs to the default si...

Posting Error for receiving serial number item
When I post shipment/invoice transaction, I get following message: **ERROR: Posting to table POP30310. Restore from a backup if possible. When I check the receiving transaction by inquiry window, the item, which is tracked by serical number, disappear from the transaction. Items tracked by lot or none are still in the receivng transaction. Does anyone know what cause the problem? I use GP 10.0 SP3. Thank you, Taka Taka, Coincidentally, the same issue was raised in Dynamics GP partner forums today. This is a known issue that is bein researched by Microsoft. This happens for Serial Number...

VBA Macro Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word" It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows. Any...