Enable Remote access for CRM

Hi,

My organisation wants to enable access to CRM from outside.
Somebody know how we do that??

Thanks for reply
0
Mourad (23)
9/2/2009 1:28:15 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you using 4.0 or 3.0? If its 4.0 try this @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948779

Check the Implementation Guides for IFD, Internet Facing Deployment as
well.

0
bradlaw (133)
9/2/2009 3:04:21 PM
Thanks you

I will try!!!

"Sixty4" wrote:

> Are you using 4.0 or 3.0? If its 4.0 try this @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948779
>
> Check the Implementation Guides for IFD, Internet Facing Deployment as
> well.

0
Mourad (23)

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

Outlook 2003, Office 2003 SP1, Now Cannot Access Public Folders
After applying the Office 2003 SP1, we can no longer access public folders. Get error: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." We had to uninstall the 2003 Office Suite and reinstall without the SP; then we can access Public Folders again, but the old issues reappear; like the clipart not showing, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks. Brenda Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus nam...

MS Access Reports
I have some very complex MS Access Reports (some text, several charts) that I normally export as Snapshot files. Now we are starting to use a 3M overhead monitor (Digital Sinage Portal). It does not handle snp files, it is limited to html, xml, htm, gifs, jpg and some txt files. What is the simplest way to turn my reports into something that this DS Portal can use. I tried exporting them as Access Data Pages, but they can not export the charts. What are the possible solutions? Personally, I would buy a full version of Adobe Acrobat. Print the Report to PDF Load the PDF docs into Acro...

Starting Access 2007
I have Office 2007 Enterprise installed and Access used to work, but I now get the message can't find language DLL msain900.dll and the programme refuses to commence. I have tried to use safe mode as it suggests and also to repair the installation. i even tried to reinstall from the original DVD and that failed too. i use access all the time and this is just a great frustration. Can anyone hlep, please Try uninstalling first, and use a registry cleaner if you can find 1 for Windows 7. Here's one that I haven't used but I've heard good things about: http://www.c...

Error Message after exporting MS Access Table
I receive the below error message when I export a table from a Microsoft Access database to the Microsoft Word Merge format: “The data being exported does not match the format described in the Schema. ini file.” Microsoft Access database is in .mdb format. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 The main cause behind the above error message is that when you export the table for the first time, the field names of the table for the Microsoft Word Merge format get saved in the Schema.ini file. A schema.ini (schema i...

Server Error when trying to access System Settings
When I click System Settings under "Organization Settings" in MS CRM 3.0, I get the following response: --- Error An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. The Debug screen shows: Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about th...

Convert Unix timestamp to Access 2003 data field
I am working with a Remedy HelpDesk system that has an "arrivaltime" field stored as a Unix timestamp that I need to convert to an Access date field to be able to do a report by month (from 1 to 31 Dec for example). Does anyone know an easy way to convert this "arrivaltime" field to an Access date field? nms wrote: >I am working with a Remedy HelpDesk system that has an "arrivaltime" field >stored as a Unix timestamp that I need to convert to an Access date field to >be able to do a report by month (from 1 to 31 Dec for example). Does anyone &g...

Dumb question: Easiest way to move an Access database to a laptop running Officce 97
I need to finish modifying a simple Access database on the move. What's the simplest way to export it to a flash drive so it can be opened in Office 97 in an old laptop? I have office 2003 installed. I'm not using any features that weren't present in Access 97. "SlickRCBD" <slickrcbdnews@gmail.com> wrote in message news:29b62676-3166-451a-835a-358a13e82727@v30g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I need to finish modifying a simple Access database on the move. > What's the simplest way to export it to a flash drive so it can be > opened in Office 97...

Accessing outlook pst files from multiple machines
How can I access my pst file from more than one machine simultaneously? I do this at work all the time, why can't I do it at home? pst files can't be access by two or more machines at the same time. (the messaging system opens the files for exclusive use so no other machine can open the file at the same time.) perhaps at work you are using an exchange server and not a personal folders file. "Rob" <rob@lounsbury.net> wrote in message news:147ba01c4450f$1cbb9d20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I access my pst file from more than one machine > simultaneously? I ...

"cannot be accessed" error opening file on network server
With Office Excel 2003, I'm getting the standard "filename.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only...." message that is listed in article 835234, but I am getting it when I am trying to OPEN the file from a network location. Is there any way to bring up the existing network copy of the file? ...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

access problem
I store leads on my Phillips CD burner from Windows XP Professional. Normally I have no problems pulling up files from the CD. However following a email program with World Merge, I found that I could not access my Excel Files on the CD. The error message was : "You don't have access to this folder'E:\..See your administrator for access to this folder. I am lost any help out there? Thanks Hal On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:45:11 -0700, "Hal Harding" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I store leads on my Phillips CD burner from Windows XP >Professi...

read only access to mailboxes
This has probably been covered before, but I was unsuccessful in searching the newsgroups to find a similar thread. Out HR department needs read only access to another's mailbox to do an investigation. They do not want the user to know that they are in the mailbox or have access to the mailbox. They do not want to be able to do anything but read what is there. How can I grant this kind of access to a mailbox? Thanks - Mike Hello, hm there are a couple of ways, but this is tricky because of the views, too. but in germany they are all forbitten because of politic restrictions. a...

MS CRM 3.0 + Active Directory
Hi, My computer is a member of a domain. when I try to connect to MS CRM on my web browser client, it ask me username and password.When I write them , i cant connect to CRM.But , i write server admin user and password , I connect. Also, when i try to connect to Server with remote desktop, it accept admin user name and password, but doesnt accept my username and password and gice this error: "To log on to this remote computer you must be granted the allow log on through terminal services right. By default, members of the remote desktop group have this right. If you are not a membe...

Crystal Reports 9.2.3 and CRM
Hi, I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Version 9.2.3. I know the recommanded version is 9.2.2 but was just wondering if somebody successfully worked with 9.2.3/CRM Thanks Eric I have used a version line 9.2.4 so I would assume yes it will work. Only way to be sure is to try it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%23GB4wV9SFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Ve...

Does CRM 4.0 handle Partner management?
We are a software shop and we are currently using CRM 3.0, with the expectation to upgrade to 4.0 in the very near future. One of our newest directives is to manage our partners, and their accounts using CRM and we are wondering if 4.0 will be better at managing this? I realize this is kind of vague, but its something that the sales staff is asking of me. Microsoft released a CRM accelerator for Partner Management in October. take a look at it here: http://crmaccelerators.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=29990 Hello Rodney, You could be interested in our CRM @Comme...

CRM 4 Import Customization hangs #3
When trying to import isv.config customization into CRM 4, the 'Import Customization -- Webpage Dialog' window just says 'Importing customizations. please wait for operation to complete...'. It never finishes. Any ideas? Thanks. Raj, i have been looking into that problem myself for one of my clients. When I logged on to our server and imported it and it ran just fine. If i find something i will post it Jarrett http://www.dynamics4.com I also had that problem at a client. Microsoft supplied me with three different hot fixes. The deployment was a inplace upgrade from ...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

CRM 3.0 Mobile for Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes)
I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed. The 8525 uses a Samsung 400MHz processor. Is there a plan in place to test and release on this platform? The Intel processors usually mean Xscale processors or ARM processors. The Samsung chip is almost certainly a repacked ARM processor so should work. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "captbackfire" <captbackfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A818737C-44F3-4...

Calculations not working on pasted values from Access
I'm using Office 2000 on W2k, and when I copy and paste a column of numbers from MS Access to MS Excel, I am unable to perform a Sum function on the pasted values. The function always returns zero. If I then type in the values directly it does work. Anyone know why? Is this caused by a virus and is there a patch? It is because it is seen as text, try to copy an empty cell, select the imported numbers, do edit>paste special and select add. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scott Sullivan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0001c3a22c$790cd250...

CRM 4.0 General Error in the Scheduling Engine when saving Appoint
Hi, I'm receiving General Error in the Scheduling Engine when I try to save an appointment. I noticed that the problem appear when Regarding to a Shared Account. If I unshare the account everything is OK. But I need sharing. I also noticed that if I regard to another account and save the appointment than I can regard to the shared account and it is saved without errors. I look at the trace log and I found: "Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'UQ_PrincipalObjectAccess'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.PrincipalObjectAccess' ". I also read the foll...

OL2003 with "logging enabled" ?
Hi there, All machines with OL2003SP1 running on XPSP2. On a particular machine after launched OL2003, the title bar will displayed "Inobx - Microsoft Outlook (logging enabled)". Wondering why on this machine have such (logging enabled) message displayed at title bar? How to remove it? How to reproduce it on another machine (I can't reproduce it on my own machine)? Many thanks! Have you tried going to TOOLS->OPTIONS->OTHER->ADVANCED OPTIONS and clearing the "Enable Logging (torubleshooting)" option? Hi, Thx for your tips, I can reproduced it at...

Updates -- ok when newly enabled, stall otherwise
Using Money 2007, Windows XP Pro; IE7 Sympton (occurred after upgrading from Money 04 to 07): when online services are newly enabled it will download transactions (the dialogue box asks whether you want the last 7 days, 30 days, etc.). However, after, if I try to Update I get the "Update Not Complete" message, and the note saying "Your account information is being updated, which make take a few minutes," etc. To close this loop: If I disable and then reenable online services for those accounts it will download as part of that process. Tried: Repairing file IE7 ...

backup exch from remote machine: which is best plan
I have a small domain with 2 servers: 1) PDC and file server with tape backup 2) Exchange server, no tape device Which is the best plan to ensure a safe backup of exchange? a) Install exchange admin tools on the PDC and include information store in the tape backup b) Get the exchange server to backup to a file, and then get the PDC to include that file when it does its tape backup. c) Some other plan I haven't thought of yet Regards roga On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:35:28 -0000, "roga" <{news2005}REMOVE_THIS_UPPERCASE_2_REPLY@roga.co.uk> wrote: >I...

import xml into access
Dear all, I have a list of xml documents (same format) in the folder. How can I scan all these files and import them into access table (access 2003) by coding? Please help!!! Do you have similar code for me to take reference? Thanks, On Sep 3, 1:51 pm, "Raymond Chiu" <rchiu...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a list of xml documents (same format) in the folder. > How can I scan all these files and import them into access table (access > 2003) by coding? > Please help!!! > Do you have similar code for me to take reference? > > Thanks,...