email templates with preattached files to send

I like to automate maketing tasks. I am sending emails to interested new
clients that I have cold called. For each one I have to attach 2 files to an
email template that I modify a little based on discussion. I dont want to
attached the files all the time. Also when I attach a file I can only do one
at a time. I dont consider this work flow automation at all. PLEASE IMPLEMENT
THIS YESTERDAY

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ce7f9593-bbea-48a3-83c0-7fe78aa2d29e&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Karl, sending an email with an attachment isn't good practice because
attachments clog up CRM servers and email servers and mailboxes.

A better idea is to publish the file on your website and then include a link
to the file within your email template.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
--
Neil Benson
Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service

"Karl" wrote:

> I like to automate maketing tasks. I am sending emails to interested new
> clients that I have cold called. For each one I have to attach 2 files to an
> email template that I modify a little based on discussion. I dont want to
> attached the files all the time. Also when I attach a file I can only do one
> at a time. I dont consider this work flow automation at all. PLEASE IMPLEMENT
> THIS YESTERDAY
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ce7f9593-bbea-48a3-83c0-7fe78aa2d29e&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Open a file similar to using system("C:\\log.txt");
Hi, this might be something really easy to do but I don't know how to... Now I want to use c++ to execute this specific file on a specific location. Essencially this pice of code does the job, but the problem is that it leaves command prompt open... system("C:\\log.txt"); any suggestion? thanks.. Jonathan You might check out ShellExecute(). -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Medical-Fix" <fachero1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1156881318.395194.89260@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, this might be something re...

Email sending inconsistencies
I am having trouble sometimes when I send an email it goes off into oblivion. When responding to an outgoing email and hitting send, it doesn't show up in Sent Items nor does the reipient get the email. When this happens sending myself a "test" page it may or may not get received. Terry Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to ...

How to specify which email account to use to send an email message (outlook 2k)?
Hi, I have setup multiple internet email accounts in my outlook profile. Would anyone kind to tell me how to specify which email address to use to use to send an email? I was able to do so in outlook express and i'm very much surpised that outlook 2000 seems so much complicated to do such a simple task. =( Thank you! Andrew Singapore You need to post your mail support mode. Only Internet Mail Only mode lets you select the sending account on a per message basis. Corp/Workgroup mode will follow the delivery order you specify in Tools > Services. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]...

Office 2007 Help files
Did Microsoft recently change the way the Help facility <F1> works? It seems to me, as someone who used it quite a bit, that they have made a major change, which was certainly not an improvement. On May 17, 4:45=A0pm, Kelli <Ke...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Did Microsoft recently change the way the Help facility <F1> works? > It seems to me, as someone who used it quite a bit, that they have made a > major change, which was certainly not an improvement. Hi Kelli, yes I have noticed that it changed about a month ago now or so. Hi Kelli, In wh...

How do I shrink an xlsx file after cutting a big data worksheet?
I deleted an Excel 2007 worksheet that contained lots of data (approx. 40% of initial spreadsheet size). It resaved to the disk at its previous disk size. What do you do to save the file in its new, smaller size, i.e. compress it? I'm new to Excel 2007, previously using Excel XP, so I figure there is some option to check/uncheck to make this work. I just haven't found it yet. Thanks for the pointers. If you deleted a worksheet itself the file size will be smaller. If you simply cut or cleared the contents of a worksheet then Excel thinks those cleared cells are still bein...

Change excel Open default to "all files"
I have a customer who gets lost when he tries to open a lotus file with excel 2000. Is there any way to change the file->open default file type of "all microsoft excel files" to "all files?" >-----Original Message----- >I have a customer who gets lost when he tries to open a >lotus file with excel 2000. Is there any way to change >the file->open default file type of "all microsoft excel >files" to "all files?" >. > That was the wrong email address...too many. My real email is jvinicky@hotmail.com. Thanks! I do...

Choosing whether to stay connected after Send/Receive
My previous version of Outlook (2k) used to have a checkbox in the Send/Receive details window, (the box which is visible during Send/Receive). It said something like 'Disconnect after sending and receiving' and if it was checked it did just that. I'm now running Outlook XP, and somehow it's set up so that after a Send/Receive, the connection is not severed. Sometimes this is useful, (depending on what else I'm doing online), but most of the time it means I have to manually disconnect using the icon in the System Tray. There is a box in the same position, but now t...

send and receive faxes from windows XP using a modem
How can I send and receive faxes from windows XP using a modem? Depends on version of Winxp, if pro there is Windows Fax, otherwise using the fax software supplied with your modem "nospam" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ON3V9u6lKHA.5128@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I send and receive faxes from windows XP using a modem? > > > > > > I have home edition and the modem did not come with any software? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uzX4RK7lKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gb...

FileSearch dislikes Zip-files
L.S. FileSearch doesn't report zip-files. Executing the Macro you'll find below, does not list the zip-files that reside in the specified directory. Replacing the FileName "*.zip" by "*.*" lists all files except the zip-files. I've reviewed the contents of the collections PropertyTests and FileTypes, but could not get any results. Using the interactive version at the Excel-sheet, via the menu-options, I got the same results. Kind regards, Hub van de Laar Private Sub ListZipFiles() Dim FS As FileSearch, I As Integer With Application.FileSearch ...

Outlook "hangs" for a couple of mins when sending
Hi We are running outlook 2000 and xp , on win 2000 pc's connected to a mdaemon imap mail server. a few users have the problem that when they compose a message and press "send" outlook seems to sit there doing nothing for about 2 or 3 mins before the message goes away and gets delivered to the mail server. this is only happening on a few machines, i've checked all the account settings and they are ok, any ideas on where to start troubleshooting? thanks Chris Hi Chris, My office is having a similar expirience after upgrading to exchange 2003. The "hang" only o...

Deleted Email Returns
We are using Outlook 2002 with POP3 to retrieve email remotely from our SBS 2000 Exchange 2000 mail server. Whenever we attempt to empty our Deleted Items folder, these messages return as new messages in the Inbox. However, when we access the email via OWA, deletes behave themselves and the messages deleted from Outlook don't appear. This is causing quite a problem. How can we resolve it? Thanks - Larry -- Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA GoldMine Certified Professional Lentz Computer Services www.LentzComputer.Net Larry@LentzComputer.Net I have the same problem and it is ...

Delimited Files
Can anyone please tell me what these are and how to fix them. Thanks Les. A delimited file is a file that has a character separating fields (or columns). A common example would be a comma separated file (CSV). When used with Excel, you can tell Excel what the delimiter in the file is and Excel will separate the file fields into columns. (With CSV files, Excel assumes it's delimited by commas). You'd need to be more specific as to the problem as far as fixing one goes. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone please tell me what these are and how to fix them. > &g...

Licensing an EXCEL file
My boss wants to market an analysis file I have. He wants to license it to users on a per year basis. What will be ciritical is that no one can see the eqautions and that, somehow, it will expire in a year. Is password protection good enough that no one, short of a really accomplished hacker can break it? Also, can someone tell me how to best install an expiration date, one that can't be beaten easily? Thanks, Grace password protection is useless. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html If you're not putting your functions in a compiled add-in, your formulas...

Sending "To"
When I want to send a message, I will create the new message and click on the "To" button. All the people listed in my contacts list show up, but show up as first name then last name. The columns are name, display name, then email address. I want the name column to show up as last name, first name. How can I change this? Post your Outlook version so someone can answer you. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brian C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19d5d01c44d96$cbc9ce10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I want to send a message, I will...

account currently blocked from sending messages
An unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.3.4 Requested action not taken; This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of Use, please contact customer support.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC69 Exactly what it say's. Contact Customer Support of your ISP (re: Spam Control 550.5.3.4) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefi...

Repost (anybody?)
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2003. If he create a new mail and attach a PDF file, then the message is sent perfectly. If he on the other hand right clicks the PDF file, clicks Send To -> Mail recipient, fill in the mail and click send, then the mail is stuck in the outbox. Any suggestions???? Thanks in advance!!!! M O J O I have the exact same problem. Anyone have a solution? On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:20:10 +0200, M O J O <mojo@_no_spam_delete_this_newwebsolutions.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a user with Outlook 2003. > >If he create a new mail and attach a P...

reduce spam by sending a mailer-daemon?
Is it possible to reduce spam by creating a rule that would send a mailer-daemon? I assume that spammers would probably snif if emails do not work right? so why not setup a rule that will return emails if the subject is "little bleu pill" or whichever/whatever. Comments? That's a bad idea. A lot of spam comes in with From addresses that the = spammer has "borrowed" from unsuspecting legitimate mail users. Your = idea would serve no useful purpose and would wind up sending unwanted = mail to those legitimate addresses. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Conf...

email sending
I use Outlook 2000 and for some odd reason the dialog box which comes up when I hit send/receive no longer comes up. Mail is sent normally, but being able to track the progress is sometimes useful. I have been unable to find how to re establish the dialog box. I checked under options and email, no luck, under view and the 'status bar' is checked - I thought that might be it. any thoughts? could anyone respond by email? thanks very much. Michael Mery When you check for new mail, you should see some text appear on the right side of the status bar, like "Send/Receive P...

MS crm 4.0 email router LOAD DATA Problem
Unable to load users,queue and forward mailboxes when clicking on the load data button on the email router. An error appear that it can find http://crm/ORG. I have followed all configuration steps but still unable to get it to work. Anyone has any idea? have you entered the correct url to Microsoft crm server? /Aamir ...

CSV File
I am opening a common delimted file in Excel and formating 2 fields as "text" to retain leading zeros. They appear correctly in Excel. I then need to save as a "csv" file and retain the leading zeros. How can I do this? The zero's always drop off in the csv file when retrieved again in excel. TIA hi, do you need to save the csv every time, if you save I agree it will remove the zeros. There is no perfect solution to this but if your file format is standard, you may consider preparing a excel template with the repeate, concencanate and left and right formul...

Duplicate emails #10
All of a sudden i am recieving 2 of the same email everytime I receive new mail. ????? ...

SFO
Two observations using SFO and sending emails, can anyone confirm. 1 - When in Offline mode, but still connected to my domain and able to send email via outlook, if I send email via CRM, it is not "sent" until I bring CRM SFO back "online" Is this by design? It would be more convenient if emails were sent immediately when an internet connection is available. 2 - I have found that if you use the CRM SFO Toolbar to generate an email, then select your contact, then use the regarding field, you lose the link to the original record. However, if you email direct from t...

Automatic updates of a Publisher file
Is there a way to automatically populate data in a Publisher file? My company has a catalog/price list that is based in Publisher. We issue this catalog to 3 different regions that all have different pricing. If there is a change to a description, a price, etc., I must manually update all three versions of the file. Is there a way that I can create a single Excel file with three different prices, that would automatically feed into Publisher? That way, I would only have to make the change in one place, but the changes would be seen in the Publisher document. Thanks. Mike ...

"File As" feature option in Contacts (OL98)
I can't remember ho wto change the default order of naming contacts. I would like all my Contacts to be saved as "First Name Last Name" but when I edit a contact my default is "Last Name, First Name". I have looked in the Options but can't find what I am missing to do. Please help! Thanks Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button Contact Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "��" <news@kidsnews.au.org> ...

Saving files automatically
Hi, I have a macro to save a number of different versions of my file for different budget holders. When this is run, it recognises that the file already exists and prompts to allow it to be overwritten. Is there some VBA I can add to accept the prompt automatically? Thanks Richard application.displayalerts = false 'your code to save application.displayalerts = true Richard Burton wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a macro to save a number of different versions of my file for > different budget holders. When this is run, it recognises that the file &g...