Email Templates should have option for attachments

There should be an option to attach a file (or files) to a template email.

Many of my clients want to use bulk email not just for marketing activities
but for things like RFPs, questionaires, newsletters, etc.

I understand that this could cause issues by attaching a large file to
thousands of email activities, but the option would be nice.

Thanks
--
Nick

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1ba85a0b-0e36-487e-b040-731a48525f15&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Agreed.  Does anyone know why Microsoft created Email templates without the
ability to attach a file?  My end users are asking and I would love to have
an official response for them.

"Nick" wrote:

> There should be an option to attach a file (or files) to a template email.
>
> Many of my clients want to use bulk email not just for marketing activities
> but for things like RFPs, questionaires, newsletters, etc.
>
> I understand that this could cause issues by attaching a large file to
> thousands of email activities, but the option would be nice.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Nick
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1ba85a0b-0e36-487e-b040-731a48525f15&dg=microsoft.public.crm
The only workaround I have found is to upload the attachements to server and
have a hyperlink in the email - now although this works it is an amazingly
protracted affair to get it in there - I have to create the template
ingo-live or any html editor, paste the source code into Goldmine and cut and
paste the whole bosy of the email into CRM.

The email editing of CRM is woeful and needs fixing - you shoul have the
option to paste html source code directly into CRM emails when creating a
template - take a leaf out of Goldmines book Microsoft!@!

"Nick" wrote:

> There should be an option to attach a file (or files) to a template email.
>
> Many of my clients want to use bulk email not just for marketing activities
> but for things like RFPs, questionaires, newsletters, etc.
>
> I understand that this could cause issues by attaching a large file to
> thousands of email activities, but the option would be nice.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Nick
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1ba85a0b-0e36-487e-b040-731a48525f15&dg=microsoft.public.crm

all caps email when replying back
In Outlook 07 or 03 I have noticed in my office a particular email that was sent in all caps. When a user replys back it defaults to all caps as well but other emails are fine it is just one or two like that. Is there some kind of settings in the persons email that blocks how you can reply back? ...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Survry Templates
I've got about 300 paper forms from a survey that I have to collate. There are: 1 yes / no / don't know question 15 questions with the 5 same options 1 yes / no question Is there a template that I can use or adapt? Or is there a simple way to do this? I'm looking for totals for each option in each question and then as a % of the whole. Anyone any thoughts? Thanks Alan Brown ...

Timecard Templates in BP
When clicking on the Timecard Template under Business Portal>Employee Center>HRM Time and Attendance Pages>Timecard Entry, I get the following error: A Query was not found at the specified path, /DataViewer/Timecard Template/Proxy Timecard Template. Clarifying, I am using GP 10 "Chris Gebhardt" wrote: > When clicking on the Timecard Template under Business Portal>Employee > Center>HRM Time and Attendance Pages>Timecard Entry, I get the following > error: > > A Query was not found at the specified path, /DataViewer/Timecard > Template/P...

HELP!! Viewing email images

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

slow emails
We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we have one user on one machine that her emails take awhile to process, up to 3hrs possibly. She is running outlook 2002, with all updates as of 10/9/03. I have figured in the past that it was just the other servers the mail was going through that was slowing it down. But when she uses, another persons acount on another machine it runs fine. Is this and outlook/machine problem, a server problem, or a problem that is out of my hands? Or is there a problem at all? >-----Original Message----- >We are using exchange 2000 sever. and we ha...

Outlook attachments #9
Can you seach for any powerpoint attachments in an outlook folder? Hit Ctrl+Shift+F to bring up the advanced find form. Then search by "ppt" in "frequently-used text fields." That will search all fields for the term "ppt" which should find all the files that have a .ppt extention. I just tried it, and it seemed to work on mine. --Colin Jensen ...

email set up in publisher

Trouble sending emails #2

Setting Global Options
Is there a way to set global options within VBA. I'm particularly interested in setting the security level to low (to eliminate that annoying start up message), setting the status bar to false and "Behavior Entering Field" set to start of field. Is there some place that lists the options that can be set? Thanks for the help! On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 19:30:04 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: For the latter two check the SetOption keyword in the Help file. The first one requires a registry setting. You can google or bing for it. -Tom. ...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Delay receiving email
Hi, We use Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000. I have recently been expeirencing intermitent delays in receiving email from two seperate domains.The delays are usually 3 hours but sometimes even longer. In the header info the delay happens at the last hop before reaching our domain. I have checked the exchange logs as well as the logs on our gateway but they do not indicate any delay once we receive the email. I am not sure what else I should do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bryan ...

multiple revieve of emails
I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on server Jim <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recieve multiple copys of emails in outlook. In some > cases I get 100 copys of the exact same message, in other > cases it is ok, then others many times Only one message on > server Usually caused by 1) Send/receive interval too small or 2) server timeout value too small or 3) rules that don't contain the "stop processing more rules...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

outlook attachments #3
My aunt cannot get her attachments to come up. When you click on the paper clip the file menu comes up. The problem is that when you click on the file itself, it will not open. What should I do. Thanks for your time. Colton Does the attachment line say "OE removed access to the folloing unsafe attachments in your mail: <filename.typ>"? I am having a problem with receiving Excel 5.0 files from my wife. OE 6.0 wont let me receive them :-(, I am stuck on what to do. Does anyone know how to reduce protection limits in OE 6.0? >-----Original Message----- >My aun...

cant send emails 02-14-10
I have tried everything you guys have suggested in the other posts, including uninstalling and reinstalling the mail software. I have two email accounts & neither will send. It had been working since Nov 09 and just suddenly stopped. I have windows 7 & windows live mail. Here is the error I keep getting: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. This is the local server I use. Subject 'Fw: Fwd: xoxo' Server: 'smtp.acsalaska.net' Window...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Not recieving emails...
I have established an email account with Windows email and linked my yahoo email account. I can send messages yet I do not recieve the test messages to my Windows Mail account they do go to my Yahoo account but not to my Windows Mail inbox. I do not know what to do. Looked for answers on Windows website but did not find what I was looking for can someone please help me. Also when I click on the Send/Recieve tab it has me log in to my email account and then does not take login. Yet the account works. I do not understand. Thanks Jim It is a Yahoo Plus account - right? You must...