Email templates in Workflow engine

Hi

I am battling with using the template manager within CRM to create a email
template.  example.  I want for ever new case that gets assigned to send a
email to the client informing him/her who will be working on their case and
what their case number is.

I have created a template in CRM web front end, but in the template nowhere
does it specify were you will be sending the email to.  When I create the
workflow there is also nowhere that I can specify where the email will be
going.

Any help or direction will be appreciated

0
Rihan
7/7/2003 10:15:16 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is a strange "Feature" of MSCRM.  You can either:

1) Code a static text message, which allows you to specify where the email
should be sent

or

2) Use a template, in which case the system automatically sends an email to
the customer of the case.

-Mark

"Rihan Meij" <Rihan.Meij@cpt.softwarefutures.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am battling with using the template manager within CRM to create a email
> template.  example.  I want for ever new case that gets assigned to send a
> email to the client informing him/her who will be working on their case
and
> what their case number is.
>
> I have created a template in CRM web front end, but in the template
nowhere
> does it specify were you will be sending the email to.  When I create the
> workflow there is also nowhere that I can specify where the email will be
> going.
>
> Any help or direction will be appreciated

0
Mark
7/7/2003 12:29:29 PM
No help here.  I'm fighting with the same problem try to
send email notification tamplates when assign lead.  It's
really annoying...

Let me know if you figure out a way.

0
Lam
7/10/2003 12:48:23 AM
Hi

Thanks for the response, and when I looked a bit closer (at the details
after you have created the work flow) I was that part.  I am currently
working on writing my own workflow via the API with c#  Will make a post of
I get something worth while right.

cheers

"Lam Le" <lam.le@bamboosolutions.com> wrote in message
> No help here.  I'm fighting with the same problem try to
> send email notification tamplates when assign lead.  It's
> really annoying...
>
> Let me know if you figure out a way.

0
Rihan

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

Import email from ACT
Hi all, I am assisting a friend's firm in migrating off ACT for their email. They are using it as a shared database, and it is truly, truly, funky, and they regularly cannot send mails out. I'd like to migrate them to individual copies of Outlook as an interim solution, and ultimately to a managed solution like Exchange. Is there a way to import mail from ACT to Outlook? I've seen a number of items on this as I researched this, but it all seems to apply to earlier versions of ACT and Outlook. The environment is ACT 6.0 and Outlook 2003. Ideally, I'd like to preserve the d...

No text in email body
mail delivered to my mail account has no text in the message body. This just started happening in the last few days ?? HELP !!! ...

configuring yahoo email to the outlook program
I want to add my yahoo account to outlook not sure how, hotmail was automatic Check the Yahoo! Help files. You must be using their premium paid service but they have the instructions on their web pages. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: mic <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I want to add my yahoo account to outlook not sure how, | hotmail was automatic I don't think this is correct. I have an Yahoo email account (free) and I can get Outlook to...

Problems with Windows 7 and email send stalling
When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64, If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop computer running XP does not have this problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Richard On 6/7/2010 2:50 PM, Richard John wrote: > very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a screen > shot) the outgoing email message will stall It sounds like something's timing out. Do you have Thunderbird installed? If so you might give this a try: http...

Major Email Issue
Can someone explain to me why 2 identical email being sent out(1 from outlook and 1 from CRM with tracking tokens disabled) the 1 from outlook goes thru with no problems and the one from CRM does not? ...

How Can I Schedule Emails in Draft Folder to be Sent?
I am wondering how to accomplish this. Often times, I have some emails drafted to be sent at certain times. I tried to locate how to schedule the sending of emails... but could not find any workaround, if anyone of you guys happen to have come across this, please let me know...thanks a lot... ...

Cannot send emails but can receive
Hi! I am new to live mail and for the first week or so emails worked fine. Now I cannot send emails but can receive them. It is a talktalk account and using Windows 7. When I send an email it stays in outbox and it attempts to send but the green bar does not progress and then I get status changed to failed. I have tried shutting down and restarting etc but to no avail. There are no attachments in the emails waiting to be sent. I have checked my server requires authentication. It worked fine until a few days ago! Can anyone help please??? Karen What happens if you disa...

worthless workflow monitor...
Can anyone tell me how I can delete/abort workflow processes that are running? I've had some that have been running for months due the deadlocks. Doesn't seem to be a way to kill them. I've tried highlighting them and purging, and it seems to do nothing at all. If you change the View to "Active", then you will see the processes that are currently live. then you can "Abort" them. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:19:03 -0700, Jeff Metcalf <JeffMetcal...

Importing email addresses
Can anyone tell me how to import names and email addresses into an address book in Outlook XP? Thanks, Everet A. Leimer Leimer@bellsouth.net File > Import and Export... Entries go to your Contacts Folder. There is no address book in Outlook. Your Contacts will appear in the Address Book view by default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <leimer@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:b2xGc.22822$XF5.2513@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > Can anyone tell me how to import names and email addresses into an address > book in Outlook XP? > > Thanks, > > > Everet A. Leimer &...

Outlook 2002: Emails opening in Edit Mode
I have a user with Outlook 2002. Recently, when he opens emails, the cursor is in the body of the email and in "edit" mode. When he drags his mouse over the "Reply, Reply to All, Forward, etc" buttons, they are inactive and cannot be pressed. If he selects any other window, and then reselects the open email window, the focus is correctly set, the cursor is no longer blinking in the message body, and he can now drag his mouse over the afore mentioned buttons and they are active and can now be pressed. He hasn't set any option to automatically open emails in ...

Forwarded / replayed emails
My forwarded and replayed emails are not saved in the sent items folders. I get them in my Inbox as an email sent by myself. New composed emails go to the sent items folder as set. Anyone knows how to overcome this stragne behavioure and make the forwarded and replayed emails go to the sent items folder? -- shula What type of email account do you have configured in outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlo...

Deleted emails are disappearing after send/receive on my IMAP acco
I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. My Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when switching folders. The deleted messages stay in the inbox with a line through until the next send/receive and syncronized the subscribed folders and then they disappear automatically. I want to manually delete. Help I am afraid to delete now. racermom;114566 Wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. I just set up my IMAP account with Go Daddy. > My > Inbox current view is set to IMAP messages and the purge is off when > switching ...

GP 2010 Email Invoices
Can someone familiar with GP 2010 tell me if this version includes a mechanism to email documents? We ship between 20-40 shipments a day and some of our customers but not all would like invoices emailed to them. We now use GP10 and to do this is a completely manual process whereby we change the GP Printer to a PDF writer and then save it and email through Outlook. This is not a practical way to email invoices to all of our customers so we use snail mail exclusively. We had looked into a third party application in the past but held off because I heard the new version of GP wo...

Error Sending Email
ON Windows 2003 Server I have also installed Email Router on our Exchange Server, But now i get this error, everyone has this error about sending email, �s there any solution for this? Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 18.11.2003 Time: 17:15:23 User: N/A Computer: DBCRM Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An error occurred attempting to dispat...

keeping replied email in the inbox
Outlook 2002 SP1. I have several subfolders set up under my Inbox. When I reply to a message that I have moved to one of these subfolders the replied email stays in that folder which is really cool. But if I have an email in the Inbox and reply to it the replied email goes into the Sent Items folder. I would like to set up a rule (or change an option if there is one) that will keep any email replied from the Inbox in the Inbox instead of putting it in the Sent Items folder, or set up a rule that will move all emails that arrive in the Sent Items folder back to the Inbox. I have looked at the ...

Email Problems In Outlook 2000XP
I recently hooked up to a DSL through my local phone company (CenturyTel). I am using the latest greatest OutlookXP (SP2) and I am still having problems receiving email. The only way I can get it is by using the Send/Receive function. I don't have any problems sending email. When I use Outlook Express, I have no problems. Any ideas? Thanks! Have you set up your send/receive groups in View | Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgr...

Preview Pane / multiple emails selected
I am part of the IT Staff at a medium size company and we have been migrating workers to Outlook 2000. The President of the Company can get thousands of emails per day, many of them SPAM. We recently moved him to Outlook 2000 from Outlook Express and he misses the selection functionality of Outlook Express. He could click on one message, hold down the control key, then click on other messages that he thought were SPAM. Each time he clicked on a new message, a preview of the message would appear in the preview pane. He could then decide if it was SPAM (and go on to the next message) or clic...

cannot insert picture into Outlook 2002 email
Outlook closes and a error message is generated when I try to insert a picture. I have my mail format configured as HTML. I use to be able to do this and now I cannot. Any ideas? ...

MS Publisher conversion to full display in an email
Hi, how would I go about in converting a MS Publisher document into a format where I would be able to have it appear NOT as an attachment (embedded icon) in an email, but rather have the Publisher document appear as if it has already been opened. In other words, I want the Publisher document displayed in the email w/o the need for the viewer to click on an attachment icon. Appreciate any input. On Sep 8, 12:27 pm, "haksback75" <u37274@uwe> wrote: > Appreciate any input. Since it's been several hours... and since this group is regularly monitored by GURUS of MSPUB, m...

Outlook 2002 with Word 2000 as email editor??
Has anyone found a patch or other means to use Word 2000 as an email editor with Outlook 2002? I updated to Outlook 2002 in order to install the ActiveSync and now I can't use Word 2000 as my email editor (selection is grayed out in Outlook's options). I've searched but have found no answers, only other people who had the same problem. Any help would be greatly appriciated. -Gary Gary wrote: > Has anyone found a patch or other means to use Word 2000 > as an email editor with Outlook 2002? I updated to Outlook > 2002 in order to install the ActiveSync and now I can&...

can msn email msgs be imported to outlook? thanks
can msn email msgs be imported to outlook? thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C6E208.943A9200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable There was a feature but I don't believe future versions of Outlook will = support it. I would transition to a pop or imap account as your mail = email. There are services that will retrieve your MSN mail and redirect = it to your other email account. =20 e-Commerce unveiled The e-book http://www.projectthunder.com http://blog.projectthunder.com "r...

CRM email routing problem
Hello, We have a problem with Microsoft CRM 1.2. 1. A custromer sends us a mail. 2. We promote this mail to a CRM email using the Outlook client. 3. We reply to the mail. At this point the mail and it's reply appear in the CRM system. 4. The customer replys. This reply also appears into the CRM system. 5. We reply again using Outlook (with CRM client installed). Now things go wrong. Then reply ends up in the users sent items box and does not appear in the CRM system. 6. The customer replys and this comes into the system again. <go back to 5> The problem is that when a user uses Ou...

outlook 2003 automatic send receive does not receive all emails
I have 80 users using outlook 2003 with windows XP. When the user press the send/receive button stacks on "send/receive status ##%". Even at sending... Sometimes the outlook completes the send/receive and the user doesn't receive all the emails. If I go on OWA there are new emails that the user didn\t download even though the send/receive is complete. to resolve for the moment the problem, the users have to close the outlook, open it again and then either automatic send/receive or manually they receive the new emails. I checked all windows and office upd...

Sending email's from window mail
I have been trying to set up window mail so I can send emails straight from word. I am having the error message: "The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Resume may 2010', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" come up. I do not know how to set this up. What information do I put in the box where it ask what type of server my email address uses (ie. POP3,) and how do I find this informatio...