Email Routing Rules - Confirmation of Design Required

I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm
beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming
functionality that does not exist.

We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not
installed the outlook client (yet).

If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the
case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in
CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking
token.

Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply to it from
outlook. But the response does not end up in CRM even though it still has a
valid CRM tracking token in the subject line. All subsequent replies by the
client continue to be saved within CRM.

The question is, if using Email Router should emails with tracking tokens
(that have been replied to via outlook) end up in CRM?
Does this functionality exist or do we need to consider the email forwarder
or outlook connector?

Many thanks

Steve

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Tracking of email only works for email which are received by outlook. If you
want to track email you send (from outlook) you have to use the outlook
client and use the 'track in crm' button. By default all emails with a
tracking token automatically set the track in crm option when you reply.
--
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer

Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/Tools.aspx

"Steve Le Monnier" wrote:

> I having some difficulties with email routing in and out of CRM and I'm
> beginning to wonder if its working as designed and I'm wrongly assuming
> functionality that does not exist.
>
> We are using CRM 4.0 and have selected the email router option, we have not
> installed the outlook client (yet).
>
> If I create an email from within CRM to a client the email is stored in the
> case and/or client. If the client responds to this email it also ends up in
> CRM stored under the client and/or case, primarily due to the CRM tracking
> token.
>
> Of course I see this email in my outlook inbox, so I reply to it from
> outlook. But the response does not end up in CRM even though it still has a
> valid CRM tracking token in the subject line. All subsequent replies by the
> client continue to be saved within CRM.
>
> The question is, if using Email Router should emails with tracking tokens
> (that have been replied to via outlook) end up in CRM?
> Does this functionality exist or do we need to consider the email forwarder
> or outlook connector?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Steve

0
Patrick2861 (490)

how to move email files to another lap top
I will change lap top soon. How and where I could find all my email data files in Outlook in WinMe at the old lap top and transfer them to my new lap top in Win Xp Pro. Thank you. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Paul" <mcbml(mcbml)@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ugk5ixeLEHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I will change lap top soon. > How and where I could find all my email data fil...

outlook email #13
Could I somehow set to send a monthly email in outlook? ...

One email address to three users
Hi, Our Clients have Exchange 2000 and they want to have (info@domain.com) emails to be sent to three diffrent users, in the sales team. How do i do this, one frowarding i can do but more then that help..... Many Thanks JP Create a Distribution List. If you need to retain messages for sales@ in a separate mailbox, then you can forward to the DL. If all you need is to have messages for sales@ delivered to mutliple users, simply call the DL "Sales" or assign it the email address sales@. Good practice for all generic addresses like sales, info, ir, jobs, etc. -- Bharat Suneja M...

forwarding to multiple email addresses
Is it possible to forward an incoming internet email to one email address to multiple internal email addresses in Exchange 2003 and if so how is it done. Regard, Mark Create a Mail Enabled Distribution Group in Active Directory, add the users that the messages should be forward to. Add the Distribution Group to the Forward Address of the user receiving the message. How to configure mail forwarding -------------------------------- Note The forwarding address can be any mail-enabled object. Examples of mail-enabled objects include distribution groups, security groups, public folders,...

help! need to change my email in outlook
first thing's first: I am an amateur but not totally computer illiterate. Please respond in english. so the guy who initially set up my email in outlook used his website for my email. I no longer work for him and would now like to change my email to my own website www.karenyoga.com or karen@karenyoga.com. Anyone know how to do this Please explain asap Thanks and peace You need to replace your current pop and smtp settings with new ones provided from whoever is hosting your website. >-----Original Message----- > >first thing's first: I am an amateur but not tota...

(Q) regular email vs. newsgroup email
Hi, I'm having to repost this because AOL (STUPID @!#$%^&* AOL ) doesn't post half my messages and downloads even fewer. Sorry if you've seen this already. I'm running Outlook 2000 on WinXP. To get to a newsgroup I go to [View]->[Go To]->News. This brings up the outlook newsreader (which apparently is the outlook express newsreader(?)) Several people share one Outlook with different email accounts. When we send email we can go to [Options] and select which account the message is sent from. However, when we want to post to a newsgroup, this option isn't avai...

how to associate outlook today with one or more email accounts
hi all, It appears to me that whenever I add a new email account, there comes up a new fold which is in the SAME level with outlook today . the outlook today INBOX has never been useful . So I am wondering , is there anyway that I can creat accounts without introducing new top level folders, but only keep their inboxes as subdirectories of the outlook today INBOX ? how can do it ? tong If you're adding IMAP or HTTP mail accounts that's what happens. You can't change that behavior. POP3 mail accounts all feed into the common Inbox folder under "Outlook ...

Outlook Rules Wizard Help needed
In Outlook 2000 or 2002 I am not able to get the rule wizard to apply a rule to messages that come from the same user more than once.......... I created a Rule which was set up to reply after the message arrives in my personal account and has the words "steps for task01" in the subject, using a template file that is set up with the appropriate information. This works fine the first time I have someone send an email to my personal account with the words "steps for task01" in the subject. It sends the proper reply email based on the template. But if I have the sam...

Single email domain
Hello, Setup. Two seperate exchange forests domainA & domainB. Two-way trust setup between both domains. We created a new email domain and we pointed the MX record to domainA's exchange server. DomainA has the receipent policy for the new domain so all emails for the new domain come into the domainA exchange server. We have user's in domainB the require to receive emails with the new domain name. How can we have emails that come in for the new domain name sent to mailboxes for user's in domainB? You do it the same way you integrate with Exchange 5.5, use mail ena...

External email forwarding, Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003
Hi. Is there anything to do besides checking "Allow automatic forward" on your Exchange server, if you want your clients on Exchange 2003 to be able to forward to external emailadr. via rules on their clients? Br. Carsten Hi - please ignore this question. I got an errormessage when posting this message, that's why I wrote again - sorry. Br. Carsten "Carsten" skrev: > Hi. > > Is there anything to do besides checking "Allow automatic forward" on your > Exchange server, if you want your clients on Exchange 2003 to be able to > forward t...

Multiple email aliases but emails sent to always show same display
Have an AD account that has multiple SMTP email addresses. However, any emails sent to one of them always show being sent to the users display name so theres no easy way to tell exactly what email address it was sent to. Does anyone know what we can do? Only thing I can thing of is creating separate AD accounts for this emails but that is a way too long winded. Thanks In news:690D8C4F-06FB-4F62-9265-CBDDFC350DA7@microsoft.com, Monkey <Monkey@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Have an AD account that has multiple SMTP email addresses. However, > any emails sent to one of the...

Outlook 2007 crashing when opening tracked emails
Hello, Some of my users are experiencing intermittent Outlook 2007 crashes when attempting to open already "Tracked in CRM" emails. Event viewer shows that generic faulty application error. I have tried running office diagnostics, crm diagnostics, re-installs, and adding the most recent CRM 4.0 hotfix. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone experienced the same thing. Thanks ...

Dexcel Electronics Designs is Hiring in Chennai
DeXcel Electronics Designs is Hiring We are planning to Conduct Interviews in Chennai for Hiring Hardware and Software Professionals. Kindly confirm your interest by sending in your updated resume in word document along with the below details on Sharad@dexceldesignas.com Open Positions:- Education: BE/BTech /or Masters in Engineering in Computer Science/ Electronics academic records from good institutes, (the name of the college/Institute, year of passing and Branch/specialization in BE/ME should be mentioned in the resume.) Linux Device Driver:- Position: Software Enginee...

Deleting a Routing Group Connector
I have a Win2k server running exchange 2000. It's hosting emails for four different companies, each with their own domain: mail.domain1.com, mail.domain2.com, mail.domain3.com, and mail.domain4.com. Each of these domain has a routing connector. The mail.domain1.com connector was recently deleted because the company had outsourced their email hosting to another company in another state. My problem is that all emails sent to mail.domain1.com does not reach its new server. Instead, I get an undeliverable message from my server. My guess is that exchange thinks mail.domain1.com is stil...

remove 1+ from email?
I'm trying to use outlook with a cell phone/pda combo. When I imported my data from ACT!, Outlook added a 1+ to every number with an area code. This means I can't use those 1400 numbers on my cell phone without editing each one. Is there a way for me to fix this problem ...

Designing a yearplanner using publisher
Please help me design a yearplanner that could look like this: A table that would list the month, days (monday - Friday) and blocks for me to use for information. thanx brenda Go here: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/ Most of these are in Word, but you could adapt them to suit your needs. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "brenda" <bgamba@uwc.ac.za> wrote in message news:058601c38101$89e0fe40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Please help me design a yearplanner that could look like > this: > > A table that would list...

Email a KB article to person as part of a Case action?
*Email a KB article to person as part of a Case action?* In CRM, we would like our Customer Service and Tech Support teams to use KB articles as the source for canned knowledge that can be related to cases and shipped to that cases's contact via email--and then of course have that action tracked in the case history -- ie. Sent Email: KB article #3494. What options do we have here? (Can we have something as simple as a "send as email" button click on the KB article where we can attach it to the case and then off it goes? ) Our concern at this point is manual copy/paste/m...

Rules wizard problem #5
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3 on Windows XP. I have set up 19 rules to move messages to various other folders based on various criteria. After these rules I have 3 other rules to move various spam to the Deleted Items folders. Then, there's the Adult Content Rule, Junk E-mail Rule, and Exception List. My problem is that some of the messages moved by the first 19 rules gets copied to the Deleted Items folder. There seems to be no logical reasons for this to happen. I have searched posts and can't find an answer to this specific problem. I am wondering if my spam rules should...

Email Receipts repeated
Running Win 2000 with Outlook Express 6 on DSL with cable connection from Netgear wireless access point / router to desktop and wireless to laptop. Since initiating this setup, many emails are showing twice in the Inbox of the desktop but not the laptop. Any ideas? ...

Why Outlook does not Scroll Email List?
Using Outlook 2003. Just checking if by chance there is an option to set so that Outlook will scroll your email message list as you move the scroll bar up and down without releasing the mouse. Surprised that capability is not included? This happens once there are more then 99 items in the folder. This is to be able to jump faster (since no graphics are displayed as well). If you want to scroll the list you can use your scroll button on your mouse or the scroll buttons in the scroll bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips &...

Required paper size missing
I am creating a publication which will be printed elsewhere on A3 paper. The printer to which I have access does not take A3. Firstly, am I correct in thinking that the paper size options available in Page Setup are controlled by the printer selected? Secondly, if this is the case, how do I create a publication for a paper size which my printer does not offer? All you have to do is download a printer driver that will accept A3 paper. You don't need the physical printer. Might ask the people who are ultimately going to print your publication what printer they are using. There...

Howdo I transfer all email addresses in"Contacts"to"Address Book".
In switching to Outlook - I transferred my entire email "Address Book" from Outlook Express to "Contacts" in Outlook. However, I can't get the email addresses (from Outlook Express)transferred into the "Address Book" of Outlook. Therefore, when I start typing in an addressee name for an outgoing email - it's not recognizing the name / email address from my "Contacts". Rick Hoch <Rick Hoch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In switching to Outlook - I transferred my entire email "Address > Book" from Outlook Express...

Reply emails fail with multiple accounts
I am using Outlook 2003 with several different email accounts (work, everyday personal, protected personal, and another being phased out). My primary account seems to work fine. Whenever I try to reply to an email that is not my default primary account the outbound email just sits in the outbox. I don't get any error messages so I'm not sure if the problem is Outlook or the email service. Any ideas how to fix this so I can use multiple email accounts from Outlook? Even if they knew, they shouldn't be telling you...the beta is not public yet. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP ...

error message when trying to send email to users in same admin gro
All, I've joined a 2003 ent. exch. server to a 5.5 site. Upon migrating a test user to 2003 and trying to send mail to the 5.5 users, I get this error "user on 7/21/2005 4:11 PM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again.The MTS-ID of the original message is:c=US;a= ;p=XXXX;l=XXXXXXX-050721211119Z-4 MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:XXXX:XXXXXXX" Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance. Dan ...

Junk Email Reporting Tool
Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with Outlook 2003... Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! Hmmm. ....Mike It doesn't really do that much anyway. You can uninstall it in Add/remove programs in Control Panel. I think you can disable it in Tools, options, Other, Advanced, addin mgr. "Mike Lyons" wrote: > Using the Junk Email Reporting Tool (JunkEmailReportingTool.MSI) with > Outlook 2003... > > Just can not get it to work, Is there a fix? Update? How to delete! > Hmmm. > > ....Mike > ...