Email Router / Default Website / OWA?

We installed the Email Router and it looks like the "An
Error Has Occurred" (good lord could they make that red X
any larger, it's not like I did anything THAT bad...)
problem is related to us not installing the Email Router
using the Default Web Site in IIS.

However, the default website in IIS is being used by
Outlook Web Access.  There is no documentation to tell us
how any of this will interfere with Outlook Web Access.
Does anybody have a solution - is there a way to setup
the Email Router on a different website than the default,
or does anybody have a solution to moving our Outlook Web
Access to a non-default website?

Thanks in advance,
-Jeremy
0
Jeremy
11/20/2003 4:58:26 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Jeremy,

Unlike the CRM application, the Exchange router doesn't take over the entire
website.  All it does is add a Virtual directory to the website to handle
the web services.  thus, you can isntall it along with OWA on the same
website.

Matt

"Jeremy Hoekstra" <jeremy.hoekstra@celeratec.CON> wrote in message
We installed the Email Router and it looks like the "An
Error Has Occurred" (good lord could they make that red X
any larger, it's not like I did anything THAT bad...)
problem is related to us not installing the Email Router
using the Default Web Site in IIS.

However, the default website in IIS is being used by
Outlook Web Access.  There is no documentation to tell us
how any of this will interfere with Outlook Web Access.
Does anybody have a solution - is there a way to setup
the Email Router on a different website than the default,
or does anybody have a solution to moving our Outlook Web
Access to a non-default website?

Thanks in advance,
-Jeremy

0
Matt
11/20/2003 5:04:41 PM
Ready for a Procedure or two?  It works. Use it to the
letter.

Best regards,

Rich

Please follow the instructions below to resolve this
issue:

Machine Names involved in this Example:

Exchange Server: cwebex1.cweb.local
CRM Server: cwebdell.cweb.local

On the Exchange Server:

1. Confirm that you are logged in as a Domain User with
Schema Admin and Enterprise Admin Rights.  The reason for
this is that Exchange Information Store can be thought of
as a database.  The only user that can access this
database is the 'sa' user which happens to be a domain
admin with Schema and Enterprise Admin Rights.

2. Uninstall the MSCRM Exchange Connector from the
Add/Remove program. Also delete the Microsoft CRM folder
from the system drive | program files if exists.

3. Once completed Launch IIS by going to start | programs
| Administrative Tools | Internet Services Manager and
confirm the Virtual Directory MSCRMConnector is removed
from IIS as well.

4. Launch Regedit from the Start | Run View the HKLM |
Software| Microsoft | MSCRM this should no longer exist.
If it does please delete.

5. Choose File Connect Network Registry (This may not be
available if there is a domain or local policy disabling
this)

6. Type the CRM Server Machine Name and open its registry

7. HKLM | Software |Microsoft |MSCRM | mailserverurl

8. This registry probably does not have anything in it as
the MSCRM Exchange Connector uninstall should have
removed it.

9. Delete the mailserverurl registry entry

10. Close the registry

We are now going to create a new website on the Exchange
Server that is going to house the CRM Exchange Connector

**NOTE** If IIS Lockdown is installed you will need to
restore the default settings by launching IIS Lockdown
and restoring this.

Create a New Website:

11.  Right Click on the machine name in IIS and choose
New | Website
12.  Choose Next
13.  Provide a Description (This is what will be seen in
IIS) I will call this CRM Exchange
14.  Choose Next
15.  Enter the IP Address, this can be specified as all
unassigned (recommended) or we can specify the same IP
address that the default website is bound to (ipconfig
from a command prompt will return this IP for you.)
16.  Specify a different port than what the Default site
is running under.  I will use port 81 in my example.
(netstat -a  will show all open ports if ran from a
command prompt)
17.  Specify a host header.  This will correlate to a DNS
entry that we will enter in future steps.  In this
example, I will use crmex as the host header.
18.  Choose Next
19.  We are now going to create a directory to house the
CRM Exchange Website files.  This directory can be
located anywhere on the machine.  Typically it is located
in the following directory Inetpub | wwwroot  It is
located in this directory for manageability reasons.  For
this example I will create a directory called CRM
Exchange located in the following:  Inetpub | wwwroot
|CRM Exchange this is done through Windows Explorer.
20.  Back on the Web Site Creation Wizard | Choose Browse
and navigate to the CRM Exchange directory create in the
previous step.
21.  The Allow Anonymous Access to this website can
remain checked(required). (We do not have any files that
will be loaded in this directory that can be exploited by
scripts directly).
22.  Choose Next
23.  In the next window, leave the defaults (Read, Run
Scripts)
24.  Choose Next
25.  Choose Finish
The CRM Exchange Website should now be created.  We can
now create an Alias Record in DNS so it recognizes when
we type http://crmex in a web browser it knows what site
to access.

On your DNS machine:
26.  Launch the DNS console | Start Programs |
Administrative Tools | DNS
27.  Expand the machine | Forward Lookup Zones | domain
28.  Right Click on the Domain and choose New Alias
29.  Provide the Alias Name.  This will be the same as we
specified in step #7 from above.  In our example: crmex
30.  Provide the Fully Qualified Name for target host -
For this we will browse out and choose the Host file for
our Exchange Server.
31.  Choose OK
32.  You should now see a record in DNS that shows crmex
as a type of Alias and Data of your Exchange Server
(cwebex1.cweb.local in my example)
33.  We may need to stop and start DNS. Not required but
typically recommended for this to propagate to all DNS
servers if there are multiple.

We should now be ready to install the CRM Exchange
Connector:

34.  Setup.exe on the CRM Server Disk #1 in the Exchange
Folder
35.  Accept the License Agreement and Choose Next
36.  Add the CRM Server: Machine Name as seen in Network
Identification on the CRM Server.  In my example cwebdell
37.  Add the Microsoft CRM Website URL: http://crm or
http://cwebdell   I have an alias created for my CRM
Server so I can enter either of the previous and it will
recognize them.
38.  Choose Save and Choose Next
39.  Enter the Login information to start the services:
This should be the user that has Enterprise Admin Rights
and Schema Rights. This maybe the same user that
installed CRM if they have these rights or use an
Exchange Administrator.  This goes back to the case where
the Enterprise Admin and the Schema Admin has access to
the mailbox store as I discussed in the very first step
#1.
40.  Choose Next
41.  We will now choose the Web Site we created to house
the CRM Exchange Connector files: CRM Exchange as defined
in step #13
42.  Installation directory can reside in the default or
any drive if space is an issue.
43.  Choose Next
44.  Choose Install

The CRM Exchange Connector should now be installed.  We
now need to confirm the registry entries.

On the CRM Server:

45.  Start | Run |Regedit
46.  HKLM | Software |Microsoft |MSCRM | mailserverurl
a.       This will potentially look like the following:
http://cwebex110.6.6.7:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch
..SRF
b.      We need to edit this to look like the following:
http://crmex:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch.SRF
where crmex is the alias we have defined in both the host
header information for IIS on the Exchange Server and the
Alias entry we created for DNS
47.  Once edited we will need to Stop and Restart the CRM
Exchange Queue Service on the Exchange Server Start|
Programs | Administrative Tools | Services

0
Richard
11/20/2003 7:06:45 PM
Hi,
I looked into the event viewer and found this error:

MSCRM Platform Error Report:
----------------------------
Error: <description>An unexpected error occurred.</description><details>An
error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could not connect to
host</details><file>D:\crm\Build\3252\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : Could
not connect to host

Source File: D:\crm\Build\3252\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionSte
p.Execute()

completedSynchronously)

Any ideas ?

regards,
Siggi

"Richard C Damm" <richdamm@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> 43.  Choose Next
> 44.  Choose Install
>
> The CRM Exchange Connector should now be installed.  We
> now need to confirm the registry entries.
>
> On the CRM Server:
>
> 45.  Start | Run |Regedit
> 46.  HKLM | Software |Microsoft |MSCRM | mailserverurl
> a.       This will potentially look like the following:
> http://cwebex110.6.6.7:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch
> .SRF
> b.      We need to edit this to look like the following:
> http://crmex:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch.SRF
> where crmex is the alias we have defined in both the host
> header information for IIS on the Exchange Server and the
> Alias entry we created for DNS
> 47.  Once edited we will need to Stop and Restart the CRM
> Exchange Queue Service on the Exchange Server Start|
> Programs | Administrative Tools | Services

0
Sigurdur
11/21/2003 10:05:23 AM
Sigurdur,

From your CRM server, try browsing to the following URL:
http://crmserver/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatchSDL.srf

If the connectivity between the 2 machines is OK, this should return a SOAP
XML message.

Matt

"Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <siggi@im.is> wrote in message
> [...]

> 43.  Choose Next
> 44.  Choose Install
>
> The CRM Exchange Connector should now be installed.  We
> now need to confirm the registry entries.
>
> On the CRM Server:
>
> 45.  Start | Run |Regedit
> 46.  HKLM | Software |Microsoft |MSCRM | mailserverurl
> a.       This will potentially look like the following:
> http://cwebex110.6.6.7:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch
> .SRF
> b.      We need to edit this to look like the following:
> http://crmex:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch.SRF
> where crmex is the alias we have defined in both the host
> header information for IIS on the Exchange Server and the
> Alias entry we created for DNS
> 47.  Once edited we will need to Stop and Restart the CRM
> Exchange Queue Service on the Exchange Server Start|
> Programs | Administrative Tools | Services

0
Matt

Downloading Old Emails
Outlook (2003) keeps downloading emails from my account that it has already downloaded. I have changed any settings and I've checked the settings I do have and I can't figure out why it does this. I have it set to retain emails on the server for 7 days. But it keeps downloading the same emails over and over again. At one point, it was close to 150 emails. I went on to the server and deleted them. But it's still doing it for the new emails I received after that. It just started doing this a couple weeks ago. It did it once and then behaved normally until a cou...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

clearing pictures copied from websites
Hello, I posed this question a couple of years ago and someone helped by providing a macro which I unfortunately lost. I often create spreadsheets with prices I copy from pricewatch.com. I want to keep the product image but I want to get rid of the buy now button. I can't delete that row or column - the image remains. Thanks Try rightclicking on that button and hitting the delete key. Boe wrote: > > Hello, > > I posed this question a couple of years ago and someone helped by providing > a macro which I unfortunately lost. I often create spreadsheets with ...

CRM Internal email lost
Hello I have a problem with emails generated within CRM 3, the emails are not delivered to any internal user's exchange mailbox but they are are beeing delivered outside our domain. Has anybody got a clue on why this is happening or how I can get the mails to be delivered to the Domain users? BR Claudio Any luck on this we are having the same problem. Thank you! "Claudio S" wrote: > Hello > I have a problem with emails generated within CRM 3, the emails are not > delivered to any internal user's exchange mailbox but they are are beeing > delivered outsid...

Contact list not recognized as an address book in outlook email
I installed Outlook 2007 on my computer and imported my addresses from my other computer's Outlook file with excel. The contact list shows all the addresses but I can not access the contact list when I try to send an email. The address book drop down menu does not show anything. I tried to do the "properties" on the contact file, selected the tab "Outlook Address Book" and I am not allowed to check the box to "Show this folder as an address book". I am hoping someone can help me get this resolved. Thank you in advance If you have Contacts in...

delayed email #3
I am running server 2k3 and exchange 2k3. When I send out an email message to everyone in our email group I get a message that a few of the people did not receive the message This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESENT YOUR MESSAGE Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. And then it lists a few people that the email has been delayed to. Except the message never gets to these people Any help would be appreciated Mark, A bit more information, if you please. Can you define "eve...

retrieving disgruntled employees email
I currently have an employee who has some email that I need before he leaves. I am afraid when he leaves he will wipe his hard drive and information pertinent to our company will be lost. Is there any way I can get his mailbox store in a format where I can read through it? We have exchange server 2003... Thanks In news:1156938912.420497.277510@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, jborgnini@tippmanngroup.com <jborgnini@tippmanngroup.com> typed: > I currently have an employee who has some email that I need before he > leaves. I am afraid when he leaves he will wipe his hard drive and...

Default reminder time on tasks
Does anybody know if there is anyway to change the default reminder on the tasks window when it comes up to remind?? It currently is at 5 minutes and I have some users who'd like that to be a little longer because after they tell each task to remind them in an hour, once the hour is up it defaults back to 5 minutes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Sorry, but the default snooze time value is hard-coded and cannot be changed. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preser...

need to edit blank email
I have started working with Outlook 2003, and am exceedingly annoyed that the messages I make are all spaced out at inordinately large intervals. A little bit of knowledge being dangerous, I have fixed Word and Excel to start exactly as I want them to, and would like to do the same with Outlook. When I am done composing a message, I Select All and |Format|Paragraph| and set Before and After to 0 and it collapses the message somewhat, but its annoying to have to keep doing it. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. -- Regards, P D Sterling Florida, New York USA are you using wo...

multiple email domain hosting
Is it possible with Exchange 2003 to host multiple email domains in addition to the Active directory integrated domain of the entreprise. To make that server a mail server for other company in pop3 only. I know in Exchange 5.5 it was possible but i did not find anything for routing domains in Exchange 2003 Can exchange 2003 host multiple other email domain without them being in the active directory ? Thanks Yes it can be done, Just make sure you have the DNS MX records pointing to your server/s, then either create a new recipient policy, or modify the default recipient policy. So ...

email to Public folder gets NDR
When I try to send a message to PF I get a NDR and following message in Application log Event Type: Warnin Event Source: MSExchangeTranspor Event Category: Exchange Store Driver Event ID: 32 Date: 31.05.200 Time: 9:50:2 User: N/ Computer: XMAI Description The following call : EcLocallyDeliverMsg2 to the store failed. Error code : 1238 (Message-ID <C8F74733BF2C7E4888545664F83970FC47162D@xmail.1111.ru> will be NDR'd). MDB : 0a07ea5d-c42f-41d6-9b26-1b91ceddf4dd. FID : 1-41. MID : 1-23E6CB. File : . But some other users can send messages without problems.. What does this error code(...

Yahoo email #2
how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 Did you bother to read any of the messages here from the last couple of days? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmslgn asked: | how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:25:01 -0700, jmslgn <jmslgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i get my yahoo mail in outlook 2003 If you're using a yahoo.com email address, you need a p...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

received emails now don't appear in Outlook
Since signing up for Office Outlook 2003, received emails do not appear. I can only access them by going to homepage on the website. Can you help? What do you mean "signing up" for Office? Have you actually installed Office with Outlook & set up your accts in Outlook using the settings from your ISP? If you are referring to Outlook Live from MSN, get help from MSN Support. "hd" wrote: > Since signing up for Office Outlook 2003, received emails do not appear. I > can only access them by going to homepage on the website. Can you help? Thanks for your fee...

Disable OWA via group policy
I know you can go to the properties of an individual user account and disable their ability to connect via OWA. But is there a way to set this in group policy, instead of having to do it on individual users? I am not sure about the group policy question but if you have Windows 2003 you can mass edit this attribute using AD users and computers. I had to do this one time to prevent a disgrunteled (spelling?) employee from deleting email. We disabled OWA for all users temporarily until we could get everyones password changed. Cheers Wouldn't it have been easier to disable the disgruntl...

unable to type in message body of new email
Connecting to Exchange 2003 server via https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange. Running IE 8 and Windows 7. I can login fine and read email, but when i click on the "New" button to create a new email, I am unable to type any text in the message body. Just a small red square in the upper left corner of the message body. I believe this has something to do with DHTML because when i connect with an XP machine running IE8 and create a "New" email, it comes up with the popup bar at the top saying "Click here to add this Dynamic HTML add-on/Active X control"...

MIssing Email #5
We have an Exchange 2003 clustered environment. I have user's complaining that they are not receiving some emails. We have receive alot of emails during the day and I have a user atleast once a day that says that he/she never received an email. I checked Message Tracking and I don't see the emails there. However other people on exchange that were cc'd on the emails receive the emails. Can you help? are these internal emails? or email from the Internet? "AJ" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OJf4dZ$VFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have an...

How do i compress my pictures in a website without losing to much.
I have built a website but it is taking to long to load up. How do i compress them without losing to much quality i went into compress pictures and ticked compress for webpage but it took to much quality away from 200dpi to 96dpi is there anything i can do to improve the speed the webpage loads, there are quite a few pictures on the site but there needs to be. Thanks for any advice given. In the future when you use the Microsoft Community please take note that there are topic specific forums for a product, designed to enhance the level of support you'll find in the Community. For you...

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

Email with attachments
When I send an email message with attachments and then print a hard copy of that email for my records, the reference to the attachments does not print in the heading along with From, Sent, To and Subject. It shows on screen, but in the hard copy, it's as if there were no attachments. Any suggestions? Try this, When you want to print the email choose File/Print then Print = Attachments (something like that). Don't use the little printer icon on = the toolbar. I get little popup boxes prompting me to save or open the attached files = .... but I just click on Cancel. This should print ...

Changing the default highllight for selected cells?
I am new to 2007 XL and the highlighting for selected cells shows such a minimal difference to the original cell highlight (color) that it is very hard to distinguish between what is and is not selected... Any way to change or update the default highlight change for selected cells? Hi, No you can't change the default but Chip Pearson has this rowliner addin http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/RowLiner.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

Blank emails #6
Hi, A few of my users including myself have been losing email bodies. For example, this morning, i went through all my emails and moved some to another folder. I restarted my machine and all the emails I had moved where back in my inbox and the message body was gone. Any ideas of what may be causing this and how I can resolve it? I am running exchange 2000 sp4 on w2k sp4 I was going to say to look at your firewall, but after rereading your post it almost sounds like something on your client end is causing you some grief. Antivirus? Outlook Rules? Does the same thing happen if you move...

sending email returned
A lot of our email gets returned, I think the remote mail server thinks we are spamming. Here is the problem We changed our company name and therefore our outgoing email domain is different than our AD domain How do I changed what exchange server calls itself ...? Meaning, mail which is received from my mail server is from wat-dc1.domain1.ca ([65.93.237.66]) but my outgoing mail is from domain2.ca. I think it may do some reverse lookup or something and determine that domain2.ca isn't on this IP address. So I need to somehow hack in somewhere when exchange sends email to remote hosts that ...