Email Router Crashing

Hello,

I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is
then stopped immediately with the error message:

The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service
stop automatically if they have no work etc etc

In the event viewer we get the following error Message:

#16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background
thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down.
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service
cannot access system state file
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml. The file may be missing or
may not be accessible. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will
now shut down. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end of file has
occurred. The following elements are not closed: LastError,
HZHoHxk9LvQMdG9BeFpYulegB6AI, State. Line 357, position 332.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res, String arg)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowUnclosedElements()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean
preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ConfigFileReader..ctor(String
filePath, ServiceLogger serviceLogger)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SystemState.Initialize(ServiceLogger
serviceLogger)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.SystemState..ctor(ServiceLogger
serviceLogger)
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Agent.ServiceCore.InitializeSystemConfiguration()
   at
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Agent.ServiceCore.InitializeSystemConfiguration()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Agent.ServiceCore.ExecuteService()

I am running MS CRM 4.0 rollup update 1. Note it was working just fine, then
a day or so ago, users were complaining that they were not receiving mails
on queues, then that i realized that the email router service was not
running. Tried everything did not work.

I installed the rollup update 2 (only for the email router) and still the
same situation.

System running on Windows 2003 SP2, Exchanger Server 2003.

Note : This is a dedicated server and as far I am concerned, no one could
have touched any configuration with the email router. So what could this be?

Regards

0
rsoobhany (7)
1/29/2009 12:43:08 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

My guess somebody changed the security configuration on your SMTP/
POP3/ or MS Exchange Server.  If your email is being hosted on another
computer than CRM and the CRM Email router are running on, there are
many configuration files on the email system that control handoffs of
email from other systems.  See if your server email administrator has
done anything lately to change the email server configuration or the
gateways in between servers.

0
anedza (69)
1/30/2009 9:25:27 PM
Andy,

Thanks for your reply, I figured out the issue.

There is a KB that describes this issue
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954522). This problem occurs because the
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml file is corrupted. Please
follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

1. Delete the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml file.
- Note: By default, the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml file
is in the following folder: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service".
By default, the Service folder is a hidden folder. To see this folder, you
must change the Windows Explorer settings to display hidden files and
hidden folders.

2. Restart the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router Service. The
Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml file is re-created.

Regards
"Andy" <anedza@infotek-consulting.com> wrote in message
> My guess somebody changed the security configuration on your SMTP/
> POP3/ or MS Exchange Server.  If your email is being hosted on another
> computer than CRM and the CRM Email router are running on, there are
> many configuration files on the email system that control handoffs of
> email from other systems.  See if your server email administrator has
> done anything lately to change the email server configuration or the
> gateways in between servers.

0
rsoobhany (7)

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Trying to move email from inbox to personal folder
In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal folder. I get the error message, �Can�t move the items. The items could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied.� I have done this successfully before. Any suggestions? -- Stevevh1 "Stevevh1" <Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com... > In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal > folder. I get the error message, Cant move the items. The items could > not be moved. It w...

Outlook 2003 trying to send nonexistant email
I have a 2 part problem but the main issue is it trying to send an email that doesn't exists. I have att DSL on XP SP2. I can send and receive email from both of my yahoo email accounts through Outlook express. In outlook 2003 I receive a sending error "connection to server was interrupted" when I try to send on either of these email accounts only and not my ATT accounts. This is a problem but my main problem is that I continually receive this error on one of my two yahoo accounts when I have outlook open. There are no emails in my outbox and I have deleted this account a...

Hyperlinks do not work in email in outlook
Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows XP I began getting this message whenever I tried to click on a hyperlink in an email: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I assume it is because some switch has been set. Could someone tell me how to regain the ability to use the embedded links in email in outlook? Thanks Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows > XP I began getting this message whene...

How to send a multipage newsletter in the body of an email
First, the caveats. 1. I use Outlook Express so I can't be certain that this process will work if you are using something like AOL, Juno, Netscape Mail or the like. I'm sure that it will work with Outlook even tho I haven't tested it. If you are using one of those programs and you try this, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. 2. This process could produce a hefty email. I used a four page Publisher template and the file size is about 800 KB. As you change fonts, add pictures, etc, the size will grow. 3. If your audience has their email set for text only, there'...

w97m.thus.aa in word attachments stopping entourage from sending email
Hi, Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above virus is in the document and it fails to send it. Any ideas how i can sort this out, I've already deleted the /user/username/library/preferences/microsoft/ folder and this made no difference. Thanks nick In article <1140009387.377310.45670@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Nick" <nickwales@gmail.com> wrote: > Everytime i create a word document and try to send it from entourage > (all 2004 edition) I get the message that the above vi...

Entourage 2008 DAILY calendar crashes once I hit the print button
Every time I attempt to print my DAILY calendar it crashes. The weekly calendar prints okay. I've run Repair Permissions and restarted Entourage again and again. Below is the Error Report I receive whenever I try to print daily calendar: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-03-14 14:12:44 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Entourage Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Entourage Application Signature: OPIM Application Version: 12.2.4.100205 Crashed Module Name: Microsoft Entourage Crashed Module Version: 12...

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

I can't publish now since my computer crashed as was rebuilt
My computer crashed and was re-built with all the software re-loaded and my documents re-loaded from saved files etc. But now when I try to publish updates to my web site, I get FP error message like this: "the web server at www.snoblazers.com does not appear to have Windows Sharepoint services installed. possible causes: 1) Web server may not have Frontpage extensions installed 2) The web server may be temporarily out of service 3) If you are connecting through a proxy service, the proxy settings may be incorrect 4) An error may have occured in the web server. But n...

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

Email & System Administrator
I am using XP Professional. I have Outlook 2003. When I try to click a link in an email I get the following message: "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the system administrator." I am the only one with an account on the computer. How do I fix this problem???? OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on this Computer... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049&Product=ol2002 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Workflow rule crashes target entity
When creating a new workflow rule for a new invoice entity, it seems to go into a loop in CRM Dynamics. At first, I wanted to make a rule for copying a description from the original opportunity to an invoice, but this caused the invoice window to load forever. When testing an easy rule which just has to enter the value "test" to a description field when creating a new invoice, the same thing happens. I wonder if this has anything to do with the administrator rights? I read something about 9/10 of all workflow rule problems are related to this. Can you post your rule for revi...

Email Resolving
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to tell CRM to go back and resolve all existing email records that have email addresses with question marks automatically or on a regular basis. We have contact being added to the system all the time and it would be nice to have the system auto check for old past emails and auto resolve them to new contacts created in the system. Thanks in advance for your help! Chris ...

Visual Studio 2008 crashes on C# unhandled exception
I just got a new box running Windows 7 64 bit Home premium. And I've installed VS 2008 with the feature pack and service pack. When I was making so changes to an existing C# forms application, I managed to generate an unhandled exception for a system argument. This totally locked up Visual Studio - I got the dialog asking me to debug or continue and then total freeze. I had to kill VS with the task manager. I can't reproduce this on a Vista 32 bit system or an XP 32 bit system. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.... Mike MP wrote: > I just got a new box runn...

receiving email with paper clip symbol
Whenever I get an email with the paper clip symbol I cant' open the attachment. It reads, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" I'm quite sure that all received attachments are not unsafe.... This Compaq computer and XP software is only 3 wks old. I'm not computer savvy!!! Where does the problem originate? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of pro...

external email does not route
I am looking at an exchange server for a client. (they did the setup) They are having problems with external mail routing to internal mail boxes. (they had a sending problem also, but I resolved that) It seems like the system does not know any other address. only the administrator. Mail will arrive at the server and be sent to the administrator. Mail will go back to sender as "error 500" All internal mail is fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!! All incoming mail had this issue? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "vito" <vito@vbnetworks.com> ���g��l��s�D :OHknl6hxEHA.3276@TK2MS...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

can't download email after MS updates
I'm using Outlook 2000 with Win XP Pro and I was able to download all my emails from my POP3 server, but coincidentally after doing the windows regular updates yesterday the Outlook doesn't download the emails. Although I can do send...I don't get any errors or dialog boxes for promts when i do send & receive. Thanks, Ik. Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240347) and post the POP3Log.txt file? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...