EMail Read-receipts

Hi,

Can we have email read-receipt functionality please.  We use quick campaigns
to send out questionnaires but do need a read-receipt to indicate that the
email has been seen.
--
Pete

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=da7df355-2753-4ab7-8c8b-6aeceee8b262&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Pete,

Actually, a "Read Receipt Requested" attribute is on the Email entity. I am
not sure though if adding this in the form and setting the default value to
True triggers the one that you want. Maybe you can try and let us know?

Thanks and hope this helps! :)
Ian Salgado

"Pete Wiggins" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can we have email read-receipt functionality please.  We use quick campaigns
> to send out questionnaires but do need a read-receipt to indicate that the
> email has been seen.
> --
> Pete
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=da7df355-2753-4ab7-8c8b-6aeceee8b262&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Duplicate emails
Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins later the recipient gets the same email again>?? Any ideas.... Cheers Very likely some intermediate SMTP server or Cisco firewall causing duplicates. Compare Internet headers (time in Received: ) of two successive duplicates. The first Received: with different times will preceed server, that is causing the problem. Andrew wrote: > Hi all just wondering why a user using outlook...send an email, then 8 mins > later the recipient gets the same email again>?? > > Any ideas.... > > Cheers Y...

searching emails in whole mailbox
Hi, My Outlook is just upgraded to Outlook 2007. It drives me crazy. In Outlook 2003, if I want to search an email in the whole mailbox, I will go to Advanced search and browse to the mailbox and it looks for the email everywhere. But in Outlook 2007, I did the same thing, it finds nothing. I have to check the folder to search. The problem is if I know the email is in which folder, why I need search? That doesn't make any sense at all. Please help! I need to search an email in the all folders, in the whole email account. How can I do it? Thanks in advance! Lisa ...

Send Direct Email does nothing
I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos! Here's the deal: This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the correct privledges. I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'. I received it and it was logged into history properly. Yeah! I then created anoth...

Junk email filter
I did an upgrade from 2002 office. The Junk email filter works great only on the Inbox. I check three different eamil accounts and have rules to move the messages to their respective folders that I created for each email account. The Junk email filter does not work on these folders. the rules are as follows; Apply this rule after the message arrives through the "Specified" account, move it to the "Specified" folder. Thanks Tom Check the order of your filters. (tools-rules wizard). Move the rules up or down to satisfy your needs. If your rules to move to specifi...

Completely Turning off Junk Email Filtering in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know how to completely turn off Junk Email filtering Outlook 2003? We want all emails, regardless if spam, to go directly to every users' Inbox. Thanks. That's a first, but from the end user standpoint Tools | Options | Preferences | Junk E-mail. Only other way I can think of is when the profile is generated (assuming CIW is in use) and Exchange is in use, is to turn off cached mode. "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C250A388-DEFA-4402-8449-80FF3FC91B4C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to completely turn o...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

reading mails in Japanese and downloading
I can use Outlook to download and store in my HD the mails that come to my hotmail account. I can read mails in Japanese in Hotmail (on internet), but when it is downloaded to Outlook, I cannot read many of them. I can write and read Japanese in other software. FYI, I have Windows XP and Outlook 2003 (and a Toshiba computer all bought in US). How can I read these Japanese emails? Also, since this is the first time I'm using Outlook, I have a very basic question. When I Send/Receive mails, they are not actually downloaded; I have to click on each mail, mark them for down load...

Excel files are 'read only' when accessed over network.
How do I make them accessible please. Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. I have ticked sharing and security boxes. Since these are network drives, you may want to have your IT folks look at it and see if you have access to the drives/folders you need. gracenote wrote: > > How do I make them accessible please. > > Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I > would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. > I have ticked sharing...

unreadable email
Helo, With some email sender, emails are unreadable. messages contain header and all HTML tag. See exemple below. Many thanks in advance, Pascal Vista home premuim outlook 2003 sp3 Acer aspire 9423 Exemple : Received: from mailgate008.isp.belgacom.be (mailgate008.isp.belgacom.be [195.238.6.1]) by maildelivery011.isp.belgacom.be (Postfix) with ESMTP id 48A9A5980C0 for <xx@xxxxxxxxx.net>; Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:47:41 +0100 (CET) Received: from mailrelay003.isp.belgacom.be ([195.238.6.53]) by in.mx.skynet.be with ESMTP; 17 Jan 2008 10:47:41 +0100 X-Belgacom-Dynamic: yes Received: from 88.58...

Junk Email scan on demand
Outlook 2003 junk email filter does a very good job detecting spam on arrival. I have several old PST files / folders with a mix of a large number of good messages and spam that I receive before starting to use junk email filter, and looking for an option to re-scan these PST files / folders to get rid of junk emails. I remember that Spam Inspector software allowed to launch cleaning selected folders in PST file from spam. Is there any way to activate junk email filter in Outlook 2003 on-demand? No, sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outl...

Send Email Permissions
We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client. We are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts. Then we choose actions, send direct email. When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a message saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action. Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action. We have perused the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is affecting this. Any ideas? Hi Greg, I...

Blocking HTML Email
As many of you know, spammers love to use embedded html in email so that the unsuspecting recipient gets a web page or content once the email is opened. Unfortunately, most of these are linking back to "offensive" sites. Is there a way to block these through the Outlook client? Dave <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > As many of you know, spammers love to use embedded html in > email so that the unsuspecting recipient gets a web page > or content once the email is opened. Unfortunately, most > of these are linking back to "offensive" sites...

Delete Emails Older Than X Days
Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 days, and individuals are responsible for archiving their emails if they want to keep them for longer than that. Thanks, Tom On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Serv...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Reject email
I have an SBS 2003 server with 5 users. I get email delivered directly to my Exchange Server (within sbs 2003). I want to reject all email except that which is sent to a valid email address within my company. CUrrently, any email address will be accepted. How do I do this? What you describe is certainly not standard behavior. Where are the invalid e-mail addresses delivered? Are you talking about a POP connector? If that's what you're talking about, you should post your question to an SBS newsgroup since the POP connector is specific to SBS. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange &quo...

How can I save an email in Outlook to offline storage?
I am new to Outlook. Previously, I saved my emails, after reading, to a zip disk, in a WORD document, and organized them according to subject. I cannot find a way in Outlook 2003 to do this. There is no "save" or "save as" in the Files list; it is greyed out. How can I continue to save my emails as I desire? If you open a mail item you can use the File menu > Save option there to save an item individually or you can copy/export them to another PST file for storage together with other mail items/folders "Sandyc" <Sandyc@discussions.microsoft.com...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

outlook 2003 problem sending email
when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using outlook 2000 (with a pop3 account) the email does not get through & i receive no 'failed delivery' messages to notify me of a problem. However, when i copy the same message to my work address i receive the email no problem. Also, I am able to receive emails from my friend - i just cant send them back! How can i troubleshoot this problem? What's the exact text of the NDR (bounce message)? Unlikely to be an outlook problem - leo wrote: > when i send emails from my outlook 2003 to a friend using > outlook...

Right click copy pictures in email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I just switched from Office X to Office 2004. I emails with pictures in them. In Office X, I could right click to copy them. In Office 2004, when I try to right click, nothing happens. <br><br>Is there any way to copy a picture that is embedded in an email? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342031805_7549207 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" ...

Disabled Exchange 2K3 accounts starting to accept new emails #2
Hello, whenever I would disable a user account in Exchange 2003, it would NDR any new email, unless there was a forwarding address in the delivery options tab, which is how I wanted it to be. However, since applying the security updates for February, the disabled accounts have begun accepting new mail. Does anyone have any ideas why? Feb. updates applied: KB890830 KB931978 KB926436 KB924667 KB928843 KB928090 KB918118 KB931836 Hi, you are right, and I think that Microsoft want it to be that way from the beginning. Read this articles http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319047 http://support.m...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

Publisher file in email
I would like to be able to have a flyer appear in an email that I send. When I try to include the flyer, it becomes an attachment that has to be opened separately. Is this making sense? I am using Office 2007 (both for Publisher and Outlook). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! How to save your publication as a Web Archive in Publisher and share it in e-mail http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312157/en-us 7 reasons why HTML e-mail is EVIL!!! http://www.georgedillon.com/web/html_email_is_evil.shtml -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ new...

Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message
This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased. Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was ve...