Email in to do task list

Hi all,

I don't know if its normal, but when i track an email in my CRM, this email
go in my to do task list, i put the account for it, and i save it. But this
email, keep in my to do list. But i don't have any action for this email
(it's an information email from my client), i just want to link it to the
account, and, not more. But this email don't do out of my to do list. How
can i delete this mail from my to do list, but don't delete it from my
account ?

Thank's a lot.

0
test4698 (7)
9/2/2008 9:49:16 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Oops sorry, some others informations :
I'm using CRM 3 FR with Rollup update 3

"Jean-Luc" <test@toto.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
uQJCrEODJHA.2060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if its normal, but when i track an email in my CRM, this
> email go in my to do task list, i put the account for it, and i save it.
> But this email, keep in my to do list. But i don't have any action for
> this email (it's an information email from my client), i just want to link
> it to the account, and, not more. But this email don't do out of my to do
> list. How can i delete this mail from my to do list, but don't delete it
> from my account ?
>
> Thank's a lot.

0
test4698 (7)
9/2/2008 9:52:45 AM
When you refer to the "to-do" list, where exactly are you looking?

I'm using CRM4 here and in the Queues > In progress area I also get emails
appearing, along with open cases and other open activities. Emails are of
course closed, so I feel they should not appear.
However, if I select an email and click the "delete" button, I get a prompt
that this will only delete the item from my "In progress" and not the actual
item - which is exactly what I would like (I just want the email saved but
not showing as in progress since it is closed).

So, are you able to test the behaviour on your system and delete one of
these unwanted emails and still find the email saved in CRM?

It seems that this view is not using the status field of the email activity
entity but something else to determine whether to show this. But I have no
idea what...

Hope this helps (even if only a little)

"Jean-Luc" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if its normal, but when i track an email in my CRM, this email
> go in my to do task list, i put the account for it, and i save it. But this
> email, keep in my to do list. But i don't have any action for this email
> (it's an information email from my client), i just want to link it to the
> account, and, not more. But this email don't do out of my to do list. How
> can i delete this mail from my to do list, but don't delete it from my
> account ?
>
> Thank's a lot.

0
AdamV (25)
9/2/2008 4:52:33 PM
Hi adamV

thank's for your response, but i'm in a french CRM, and i don't know the
exact translation for "to do lis", but your right.

I'm in "In progress area", and when i have a mail in this, this mail is
closed and i can't modify it, i've accepted it and affected to an account.
This email appears in my history account too... When i delete this email
from my "In progress area" it deleted from the area and also deleted from my
account. CRM don't tell me, for delete only in "In progress area".

What is the problem ?

"AdamV" <AdamV@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
A6C9C022-BD6C-4DAC-A5A5-687720E5D1A6@microsoft.com...
> When you refer to the "to-do" list, where exactly are you looking?
>
> I'm using CRM4 here and in the Queues > In progress area I also get emails
> appearing, along with open cases and other open activities. Emails are of
> course closed, so I feel they should not appear.
> However, if I select an email and click the "delete" button, I get a
> prompt
> that this will only delete the item from my "In progress" and not the
> actual
> item - which is exactly what I would like (I just want the email saved but
> not showing as in progress since it is closed).
>
> So, are you able to test the behaviour on your system and delete one of
> these unwanted emails and still find the email saved in CRM?
>
> It seems that this view is not using the status field of the email
> activity
> entity but something else to determine whether to show this. But I have no
> idea what...
>
> Hope this helps (even if only a little)
>
> "Jean-Luc" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I don't know if its normal, but when i track an email in my CRM, this
>> email
>> go in my to do task list, i put the account for it, and i save it. But
>> this
>> email, keep in my to do list. But i don't have any action for this email
>> (it's an information email from my client), i just want to link it to the
>> account, and, not more. But this email don't do out of my to do list. How
>> can i delete this mail from my to do list, but don't delete it from my
>> account ?
>>
>> Thank's a lot.

0
test4698 (7)
9/3/2008 12:50:20 PM
I've found... It was a right problem, by default my users have only read on
a Queue, if i give them delete right, it's working now.

"Jean-Luc" <test@toto.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
%23MsrUydDJHA.4696@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> i've found this site it explain in picture what you said :
> http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/05/30/the-crm-queue-and-you.aspx
>
> But me in my crm i don't have the X to delete my email in my "In progress"
> list look at my attached pictures.
>
> Do you know this problem and how can i solve it ?
>

> "Jean-Luc" <test@toto.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> OfMpgOcDJHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi adamV
>>
>> thank's for your response, but i'm in a french CRM, and i don't know the
>> exact translation for "to do lis", but your right.
>>
>> I'm in "In progress area", and when i have a mail in this, this mail is
>> closed and i can't modify it, i've accepted it and affected to an
>> account.
>> This email appears in my history account too... When i delete this email
>> from my "In progress area" it deleted from the area and also deleted from
>> my
>> account. CRM don't tell me, for delete only in "In progress area".
>>
>> What is the problem ?
>>

>> "AdamV" <AdamV@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
>> A6C9C022-BD6C-4DAC-A5A5-687720E5D1A6@microsoft.com...
>>> When you refer to the "to-do" list, where exactly are you looking?
>>>
>>> I'm using CRM4 here and in the Queues > In progress area I also get
>>> emails
>>> appearing, along with open cases and other open activities. Emails are
>>> of
>>> course closed, so I feel they should not appear.
>>> However, if I select an email and click the "delete" button, I get a
>>> prompt
>>> that this will only delete the item from my "In progress" and not the
>>> actual
>>> item - which is exactly what I would like (I just want the email saved
>>> but
>>> not showing as in progress since it is closed).
>>>
>>> So, are you able to test the behaviour on your system and delete one of
>>> these unwanted emails and still find the email saved in CRM?
>>>
>>> It seems that this view is not using the status field of the email
>>> activity
>>> entity but something else to determine whether to show this. But I have
>>> no
>>> idea what...
>>>
>>> Hope this helps (even if only a little)

0
test4698 (7)

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Why is schedule task not running?
I am using XP with SP3 and office 2003, and just setup password for my user account by using "control userpasswords2" command, in order to use schedule task, the task to open file.xls is tested fine in this morning, but the worksheet requests confirmation on macro's security as it opened. Before setting password, I can skip this security's confirmation by assign a selfcert for vertification, and it works fine. Once the username password has changed, the macro's security dialogue pops up again, and the option "Always trust macros from this publisher"...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

get a list of file in a directory
Hi. what would be the best way to return a list of files in a directory. I know in VB you could use the dir function, but what should i use in MFC. Doen anyone know of a class available where I could say return all the file in a certain directory and its sub directories Regards Dylan Take a look at the CFileFind MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Dylan Franklin" <dyl2000@lineone.net> wrote in message news:eHHBr0MxDHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > what would be the best way to return a list of files i...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

customizing the task list print options
I'd like to print my "tasks" list but with the complete Note field included. How does one accomplish that? I'm surprised it isn't a standard form provided in Outlook. -- ------------ Michael Bierman ...

excel opens under task bar
hi, I find that excel always opens under the taskbar. is there some way to 'reset' the opening position to the screen dimensions + taskbar size so it opens below ? it seems to do this on XP pro and 98 SE from time to time. thanks, kd ...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

HTML emails
Hello, I want to send some HTML emails from Outlook 2003. I created an HTML page, with very clean HTML code and CSS in the <head> to control the formatting. The company logo is held on the website and I have an absolute link to it. Ideally I would like this page to become some stationary, so in the Stationary Picker I selected this HTML file to use as a template. However Outlook overrides my styles with <font> tags and adds other bits of HTML to what was a nice clean piece of code. Is there anyway to stop Outlook doing this? Thanks Vix Vix <user@example.net> wrote:...

Help
The deal: On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. S...

Drop down list 03-27-10
Hello, Im trying to create a linked multiple drop down list in excel and im not sure if it can be done, such as in the first list of pipe diameter, second list wall thickness, pipe outer diameter, third list circumference and so on. when the an item from the first list is selected, the following lists are to show the specific value based upon the first selection. help would very much appreciated, thank you I think that www.contextures.com has some assistance to offer. Look at this first: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html and if that's not exactly what you need...

Condensed form of Edit Lists
Hi all! Has anyone modified GP Edit lists to get rid of extra spaces? Please let me know. Thanks. -- Marisol Mortera ...

Repeat a task
I have an output file that is the same format generated automatically everyday from a system. It is in the same format and the same length everyday. What I need to do is be able create an easy way to point to the file, have it copy the correct range and place it at the end of the master file. Any idea? Thanks Turn on the macro recorder and go through the steps. If you need help with the generated code post back. You will probably want to ascertain the range to copy to. The recorder will give you a set cell address which you may not want since you are appending to an...

user control of distro lists
I have set up some distro lists in AD. We have all 2003 servers and exchange 2003. I want to allow multiple users (if possible) to add and remove users to and from these lists. I saw a post already detailing this but I get no security tab on the dostro lists I created. I made the lists Universal and Distribution when I set them up. What do I need to do? Thanks. you need to view "advanced features" in your aduc console... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "MikeB" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2346AB31-9C7D-4761-8881-2D43475D68E5@microsoft....

email addresses #8
Ok, I am a bit confused....... I have exchange and Outlook 2003. I have a user I call support. This is a normal user on the network. In the EMAIL settings of this user (inside of AD/users and computers/ Email address, I have an email address setup that is external to the network. (in other words, it is joe@mydomain.com). It is the only email address listed there. (I deleted all others in my testing). I have unchecked for that user to "automatically update email addresses based on recepient policy" yet, if I open Outlook on any network PC and send an email to support, it goe...

Filling out list based on other lists
I have a workbook with 3 sheets. Sheet 1 is the design and dimensions where the information is gathered. Sheet 2 is a complete material list with blank quantities. Sheet 3 is lists based lengths and widths that will be gathered on Sheet 1. Here is an example of one of the lists on Sheet 3. Length Quantity 11 24 12 27 13 29 14 31 15 33 16 35 17 38 18 40 19 42 20 44 So on Sheet 1 the Length is entered into a text box. What I need to be able to do is take the Length, say 16, entered into that text box on sheet 1, have it reference this list ...