Email history and sent items

Hi,

If I send an email to a CRM contact from SFO using the CRM E-mail button,
then the email is recorded as an activity in CRM but is not recorded in my
mailbox's Sent Items folder.

If I send an email to a CRM contact using a conventional New message button,
then the email is not recorded as an activity in CRM but is recorded in my
Sent Items folder. Once the message has been sent, the "Promote Email to CRM
Activity" button does not work for items in the Sent Items folder.

How can I send an email to a CRM contact and have it recorded as a CRM
Activity AND have it saved in my Sent Items as well?

Thanks,

John Balsillie

--
John Balsillie
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I believe this has been discussed before, and I believe it was not possible
to do this. Email sent from CRM travels around the users mailbox. Although it
seems you are sending it through outlook, it's actually being sent through
CRM.

Regards,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"John Balsillie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I send an email to a CRM contact from SFO using the CRM E-mail button,
> then the email is recorded as an activity in CRM but is not recorded in my
> mailbox's Sent Items folder.
>
> If I send an email to a CRM contact using a conventional New message button,
> then the email is not recorded as an activity in CRM but is recorded in my
> Sent Items folder. Once the message has been sent, the "Promote Email to CRM
> Activity" button does not work for items in the Sent Items folder.
>
> How can I send an email to a CRM contact and have it recorded as a CRM
> Activity AND have it saved in my Sent Items as well?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Balsillie
>

> --
> John Balsillie
this is correct, there is a microsoft kb article stating it will not hit the
sent items box.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Rob Bakkers" <RobBakkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I believe this has been discussed before, and I believe it was not
possible
> to do this. Email sent from CRM travels around the users mailbox. Although
it
> seems you are sending it through outlook, it's actually being sent through
> CRM.
>
> Regards,
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "John Balsillie" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I send an email to a CRM contact from SFO using the CRM E-mail
button,
> > then the email is recorded as an activity in CRM but is not recorded in
my
> > mailbox's Sent Items folder.
> >
> > If I send an email to a CRM contact using a conventional New message
button,
> > then the email is not recorded as an activity in CRM but is recorded in
my
> > Sent Items folder. Once the message has been sent, the "Promote Email to
CRM
> > Activity" button does not work for items in the Sent Items folder.
> >
> > How can I send an email to a CRM contact and have it recorded as a CRM
> > Activity AND have it saved in my Sent Items as well?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John Balsillie
> >

> > --
> > John Balsillie

0
John
8/15/2005 11:46:55 PM
John,

I've been sending a copy to myself via BCC and dragging and dropping to Sent
Mail.

It is far from an ideal solution, but at least I get a copy there.

Microsoft really needs to create a solution for future releases.

"John Balsillie" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I send an email to a CRM contact from SFO using the CRM E-mail button,
> then the email is recorded as an activity in CRM but is not recorded in my
> mailbox's Sent Items folder.
>
> If I send an email to a CRM contact using a conventional New message button,
> then the email is not recorded as an activity in CRM but is recorded in my
> Sent Items folder. Once the message has been sent, the "Promote Email to CRM
> Activity" button does not work for items in the Sent Items folder.
>
> How can I send an email to a CRM contact and have it recorded as a CRM
> Activity AND have it saved in my Sent Items as well?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Balsillie
>

> --
> John Balsillie

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

multiple email identities

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

email attachments
Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It probably isn't. Outlook 2007 has a new text editor that looks just like Word 2007, but it is in reality a separate text editor in its own .dll package. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5961A60C-462F-4CBA-A276-4A8D0F7FB1F5@microsoft.com... > Why is Word 2007 opening all my email attachments? It depends on which file of file or file extension the attachment is. Each type of file extension (*.txt, *.doc etc.) has a default program. It ...

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Shared email account
I am new XP user. I have set up separate XP accounts for me and for my wife. I would like to have both of us to be able to use the same Outlook email address. How do I set up Outlook so that the 2 XP accounts look at the same Inbox, Sent Items, Address Book, etc.? Thanks, Dan P Locate the pst-file for the account that now has all the e-mails in it. Move the pst-file to a location both can reach (for instance C:\Outlook) Start Outlook fot that user and it will prompt you for the new location. Once configured close Outlook for that user and logon as the other user Open Outlook and choo...

EMAIL FILTERS
For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from external sources are going directly to my deleted files yet anything sent through my company network goes to my inbox as designed. I have looked into my rules and find nothing there to direct these emails to be deleted. Any suggestions where else to look? Disable all your rules. Enable them one at a time to find the culprit. It has to be a rule. CASEY wrote: > For just over a week now ALL emails sent to me from > external sources are going directly to my deleted files > yet anything sent through my company network goes to my...

Opening Excel email attachments
When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find suitable program.I then go online to find Excel but only get Uopdates. PC is XP version with Works Suite 2002. A fe months back my dear wife was downloading Excel an got board with waiting and shut down the PC! Any suggestions. Thanks Karl Hi there's no legal way to download Excel!! You have to buy< an Excel version and install it on your PC (or try to open the file with MS Works - but live with the restricted functionality) >-----Original Message----- >When downloading excel files AOL says cannot find >suitable progra...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

Saving document downloaded from email
I downloaded a word 2007 document from a windows mail email yesterday by double clicking on it and opening in word 2007. I then worked on the document and clicked "save". Today I cannot find the document on the computer, it seems that it has not saved. Can anyone explain what has gone wrong? Thanks Catherine If you use Word and Outlook 2007 this should no longer happen as the combination does not allow you to save to a temporary location With other e-mail applications, it is anyone's guess what might occur. You should never open Word attachments directly from e-m...

Previous/Next in Outlook 2003 email message crash
I have Outlook 2003, when I opened an email then after reading it, I clicked Previous or Next Item within my message, it crashed Outlook. Does anyone have or seen this problem before, any fixes or solution? Thanks in advance. Tlam ...