Email from CRM showing sender's email address, not display name

We recently installed CRM 4.0 as an upgrade from 3.0.  When an email activity
is generated and sent, the resulting email in Outlook only shows the senders
email address in the From field, not the Display Name.  As a matter of fact,
the display name is not even included in the message header.

We are using the CRM Email Router to send using SMTP.  This happens whether
the email is from a User or Queue.

Anyone seen this yet?  Is this a CRM issue or an Exhange issue.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I seen it and then it disappeared :)

publish the email router again .

are you generating email through workflow?

send email to a hotmail and see if the display name is still  email
instead of display name of user ?

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/2/2008 8:37:58 PM
Yes, I do have a workflow that generates a new email (when new Case is
created) but it is not published right now.

I think I found the answer though.  I changed my Incoming Profile to use the
Other Specified credentials.  I made the credentials equal the Sender of the
email and it worked.  The email showed the Display Name.  I guess I have to
setup a different profile for each user.  The Incoming Profile allows me to
select User Credentials but not on the Outgoing.  Why?  Arghhh.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> I seen it and then it disappeared :)
>
> publish the email router again .
>
> are you generating email through workflow?
>
> send email to a hotmail and see if the display name is still  email
> instead of display name of user ?
>

> /Aamir

Correction on my previous post.  I changed the Outgoing Profile to use Other
Specified credentials and entered credentials there.  To clarify, it's only
on Incoming Profile that you can select User Specified.  For some reason, you
can not select User Specified on Outgoing connection which is strange.

"Tony Kylitis" wrote:

> Yes, I do have a workflow that generates a new email (when new Case is
> created) but it is not published right now.
>
> I think I found the answer though.  I changed my Incoming Profile to use the
> Other Specified credentials.  I made the credentials equal the Sender of the
> email and it worked.  The email showed the Display Name.  I guess I have to
> setup a different profile for each user.  The Incoming Profile allows me to
> select User Credentials but not on the Outgoing.  Why?  Arghhh.
>
> "Aamir Bashir" wrote:
>
> > I seen it and then it disappeared :)
> >
> > publish the email router again .
> >
> > are you generating email through workflow?
> >
> > send email to a hotmail and see if the display name is still  email
> > instead of display name of user ?
> >

> > /Aamir

Thats might not true , if credentials have any to do with it.... . I
am using the fixed user display name (e.g. Admin ) to send email and
access  credentails in routers are used by a third user who has access
to the exchange mail  box for incoming and outgoing.

user credentail or access credentail?

/Aamir

0
whatelseto (435)
7/2/2008 9:16:56 PM
insert the user specified in incoming and then click on " Test"  to
see if outgoing and incoming status is sucess?

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/2/2008 9:21:16 PM
All test successfull.  Not sure what you mean user credentials versus access
credentials.  All I know is that when the Email Router logs onto mail server
using the credentials of the sender, the email shows a display name and not
an email address in Outlook.

"Aamir Bashir" wrote:

> insert the user specified in incoming and then click on " Test"  to
> see if outgoing and incoming status is sucess?
>
> /Aamir

if all test are successful then it doesnt matter .

make a fake account and in the email field put the email address of
your hotmail(and then outlook after sending once )  and then send
email  and see  if it still doesnt  show the display name of sender .

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/2/2008 9:57:42 PM
I've same issue. Have you find solution? If so, please tell me how.

Any XML Naming Conventions?
Does the use of DTD, XML Schema and similar constructs adopt the use of C# naming conventions? If so how do I make the distinction of how to apply C# conventions with XML elements, attributes and so on? Any referrals to resources that discuss or document XML Naming Conventions? -- <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results -- Half the Cost" Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/ clintonG wrote: > Does the use of DTD, X...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Microsoft CRM using Firefox
Hello, Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work correctly on Firefox. Currently, I have employees that are using Firefox and are encountering the same issue as IE [Internet Explorer bombs out and states that it has encountered problems...]. I am just having employees use IE to prevent problem. Thank you for your comments in advance. Install a Firefox extension called IETab "Marcos" <Marcos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19B93E29-757D-46FF-B747-A17EB112ED94@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Would anyone by chance know if CRM will work cor...

Cannot move emails between folders

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

New Customer ID same as existing customer Name
Hi, I am trying to setup a new customer (Customer Maintenance screen) and the Customer ID of my new customer happens to be the same as a Name of an existing Customer. As soon as I enter Customer ID, the system does a lookup and automatically fills out all fields with information from an existing customer file. Is there a way to prevent system from doing a lookup, or maybe there is another way around that will allow me to do what I described. -- Thank you, There are two possibilities: a. the customer id you are entering already exists, or b. you have an add-on that automates lookups su...

Show actual name of file path after you have renamed it
Hi everyone- I am writing a code in excel VBA for word. I am linking tables from various excel files to one word document. I need to specifiy which excel file table is placed into the word document. The code opens up several excel files of the users choosing, renames that path to something more general (Study Opt1FE1), and then this is where the difficulty comes in. I am running for loops and when a certain combination of numbers in the for loops matches what I renamed my path files to, the code will link that files tables to my word document. The code for linking the tables is as follows...

Managing Payee Names in Money Home & Bus 2007
I have tried all the help suggestions regarding managing payees in MM, yet I still have a huge list of duplicate "similar" names. I bank at a credit union that does not connect automatically--I have to do a download, so I'm not sure if that is part of the problem. I have a long list of excluded names, but my bank puts transaction numbers or dates on many of my check card purchases. MM is not automatically changing the name for me. Here is an example: "CHK PUR" is at the beginning of all my debit card purchases, and MM won't change the name, so I end up wit...

How dynamically create routing slip based on names in specific cel
The following macro creates a routing slip for two specific individuals. How can I change this to create a routing slip based on the names entered in specific spreadsheet cells? Sub Macro5() ' ' Macro5 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/8/2005 by Xavier Cougart ' Sheets("PAF Form").Copy ActiveWorkbook.HasRoutingSlip = True With ActiveWorkbook.RoutingSlip . Recipients = Array("Roger Clemens", "Joe Torry") . Subject = "Routing: Book1" . Message = "" . Delivery = x1OneAfterAnother . ReturnWhenDon...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Showing specific data
In A2003 I was able to put a command button on a form that when clicked would display another form which would contain specific data; i.e. a form of employees would then disaplay their absences. I built the button through the wizard and selected the "open form and find specific data to display". This works fin e in A2003, but when I build it ion A2007, the resulting form displays all my data, but says it's filtered. Can I see just what I want to see? Thanks Nigel, Since you are opening a new form from another open form, and the "calling" form has a key value...

Change License / Company name
Hi, we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 user Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production server. Is there an easy way to do this?? The only solution I see, is via the Data Migration Framework. Erik. How about the re-deploy tool? "Erik" <none> wrote in message news:u0SXdbXlEHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > we tried CRM 1.2 with the MSDN license key. Now my company bought a 25 > user > Proffesional Suite license and I want to change the key on the production > server. Is there an easy wa...

Microsoft Project
Dear All I have one query regarding the Microsoft Project. I have created a project plan, i have set the base line as well. now i want to show the delay of each task.. how can i do that. Say one of my task started on March 19, 2010 and was supposed to finish on March 22, 2010. However, the task started on time but finished on March 30, 2010. so i want to show the delay of 8 days in the project plan... How can i do that... please help... -- Deepak_Malhotra ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Deepak_Malhotra's Profile: http:/...

Z Report shows zeros for an entire shift
How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed correctly, and all transactions seem to be successful. However, the Z report that is run at the end of the shift prints all zeros? Any ideas??? I am having the same problem. All the transactions are successfull and I can see the sale amounts and etc at crstal reports but all the z, zz and x reports print "$0.00" amount. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? "Maakus" wrote: > How do I correct the problem described above? All receipts are printed > correctly, and all transactions seem t...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book
Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server. Anonymous users are able to resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the LDAP directory. Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

Show / hide design grid
For some reason thedesign grid in one of the queries that I have created disappears. I can still see the tables and queries upon which the query in question is based but the actual design grid has gone. The grid cannot be located by doing a grid search using the scroll bars (all the way to the bottom; across to the right one step; all the way to the top; across to the right one more step\; etc etc) I cannot find any setting that will restore the query design grid and cannot find any reference to it on Google either. I have Googled "Show hide query design grid", "Cannot see...