Email cannot be resolved...

When you send an e-mail message from an existing Microsoft Business Solutions
CRM contact, the e-mail address does not resolve to the contact record. When
you view the e-mail message in Microsoft CRM, you receive the following error
message:

The sender's email address could not be resolved to a record in the system.
At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system.

There is a KB article with a hotfix that addresses this issue for CRM 1.0 -
has anyone had this problem in version 1.2 and been able to resolve it?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Chad,

I experience the same problem, though it appears when I try to "promote
Email to CRM activity", my own user name is not resolved. Have you heard any
reply?

Can anyone out there help us? Thank you in advance.

Tony

"chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote:

> When you send an e-mail message from an existing Microsoft Business Solutions
> CRM contact, the e-mail address does not resolve to the contact record. When
> you view the e-mail message in Microsoft CRM, you receive the following error
> message:
>
> The sender's email address could not be resolved to a record in the system.
> At least one recipient could not be resolved to a record in the system.
>

> There is a KB article with a hotfix that addresses this issue for CRM 1.0 -
> has anyone had this problem in version 1.2 and been able to resolve it?

Employees & their family / friends in collusion to bypass email fi
Currently, we have a barracuda that has about 40 manually typed extensions in the barracuda interface to filter movie formats by extension. However, it seems individuals are getting their friends on the outside to rename : blah.mpeg to blah.qrx - meaning it is a fake extension. This bypasses the filters. I asked barracuda networks if its possible to do any kind of mime filtering, that analyzes the data, and not just the extension, through header/footer analysis of the attachment(s), and they said it is not possible. can any 3rd party mail clients take this task, and deliver with an a...

Outlook CRM CLient cant set regarding inside email
Hello, When I open an email and hit track in CRM it does track I then want to set the regarding but the button does nothing. If I hit the down arrow/pick list it displays one empty box below. It used to show my recent tracking and regarding items. Has anyone seen this before? how can I fix it? Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 Rollup 7 Windows XP CRM Server running on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Email router also on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Thanks in advance Ian ...

Open 'new email' in outlook (using word as editor, as per normal)
I have a field in each record of a continuous form that contains an email address. There is a command button next to it which, when clicked, should open outlook to email that address. Like what happens in a normal email hyperlinks I can see two ways of doing this: 1) Turn the field to a hyperlink. This works perfectly, however it makes it a pain to edit the link. 2) Use the sendobject command in VBA / a macro. Again: This works, however unlike the above it opens the new message directly in outlook instead of using word as the email editor as per outlook settings?? Can anyone shed any ligh...

How do I send a photo in email at a particular resolution?
I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? From: "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> | I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. | How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? Use your preferred graphics program and open the graphic. Then save a copy at the requested resolution and subsequently attach the modified graphic to the email. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.p...

meeting invites now show up as emails only
As of very recently, Outlook invites sent from my work calendar to my home calendar (both Outlook, although work Outlook is 2003 I think) now only show up as emails, not as calendar invites. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening - it used to work just fine. Fixes? ...

Email Queue Clients receiving failure email
I have set up queues in CRM and wehen emailing to them from the outside, the queues receive the emails and we can work with them. However, every time you email to them form the outside, the outside email will receive and error that the message could not be delivered. How can I stop the delivery error message from going out? Also, when the messages come in, they have warning on them that sender doesn't exits in CRM nor does the recipient. I totally understand the need for this in a CRM system. What I don't know is how and where do I add my Queue Email Addresses into my system so...

Duplicate email #5
I have several users who on occasion receive duplicate emails. Some as many as four duplicates. I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct. My email provider doesn't seem to have an answer either. If you are using POP3 accounts, then it is on the providers side, unless a person in the mailing group has a setting to auto frward to that person. I had that happen a few times for people who were on the main mailing list and their supervisor also was forwarding them the email. Email providers NEVER claim it is on their end I have found. "Aaron" <anonymous@discu...

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

email #72
How do I direct my email from my SBC Yahoo account into Outlook 2003? Chambord wrote: > How do I direct my email from my SBC Yahoo account into Outlook 2003? You can't without using a third-party application AFAIK unless you have a paid-for Yahoo account, or live in the UK! ...

Exchange Only accepting replied emails
I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local mail fine and all outbound mail fine, but it is only accepting replies to messages that have been sent from the domain so if someone creates a new message to send to a domain recipient they get NDR you do not have permission to send to this recipient. If anyone can lead me in the right direction on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanks.. In news:1172526956.402418.21930@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, AdonisL81@gmail.com <AdonisL81@gmail.com> typed: > I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local m...

Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation
I need to define a group such that: - Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a single member of the group. - Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin rotation through the group. - Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next group member. I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would need to be servers-side (Exchange) rath...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

Account for Incoming email only?
Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings only? For a variety of reasons I cannot set up a second account that includes outgoing server settings and I'd like to be able to check an account with forwarding email all over the galaxy. I was hoping that just setting up my "two-way" email account as the default would solve the problem but it doesn't. Thanks for the help. JanDG <jandg@cableone.net> wrote: > Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings > only? Yes. > For a variety of reasons I cannot set...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, Whenever I vote using voting buttons, Email body gets deleted when the voting response is sent. So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay when I receive the voting responses. Thanks in advance. ...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

Email Sent from Workflow tracked twice in history
I have a workflow that sends an email to two CRM users. After the email arrives in the two users' inboxes, there are 2 history activities created for the email - one owned by the id we use for email routing, the other owned by the person who fired the rule. Any idea why this happens and what we can do to stop it? Thanks! Hi, Could you look at Settings - Organization Settings - System Settings. On the third tab you wil find the following: Set whether to exclude e-mails between Microsoft CRM users Exclude e-mail Yes/No Setting this option to No will create one e-mail activity for out...

Outlook 2002: most voting button responses on email not shown on 'Tracking'
We run Exchange 2003, and one woman (using Outlook 2002) sent an invitation with yes \ no buttons out to the whole company. Over 200 hundred responses were received and she has stored them all in a sub folder, however when she opens the original message and goes to the tracking tab, only around a quarter are listed there. She needs the replies in here, so they can be easily exported into a spreadsheet. Why could message tracking have missed so many of the responses? Cronos THe most likely cause is because she moved them. The responses needed to = stay in the Inbox long enough for Outlook...

eMail Outlook 2003 Calendar?
I need to email my Outlook 2003 calendar to several people and I wanted to know if there is a free program or way to accomplish this. Thank you in advance. Jack Jack Barrett wrote: > I need to email my Outlook 2003 calendar to several people and I > wanted to know if there is a free program or way to accomplish this. > Thank you in advance. > > Jack Create a new pst file, copy the calendar into it, close the new pst file, and email that as an attachment. YOu forgot the step for zipping the .pst file, which will be blocked = otherwise.=20 It really depends on what yo...