Editing Standard CRM 3.0 Reports

Hi

I am keen to know if i can edit the inbuilt crm reports. i can find the rdl
files but not the sln files so they can be edited in visual studio 2005. can
someone please advise me how to go about this?

regards
Ridhima
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ridhima,

Yes, the inbuilt CRM reports are available for customization. You need to
export the report file. The reports of CRM are built using SRS Reporting
services. So once you have the .rdl files with you can create a new Business
Intelligence Report project and add the .rdl to the project. You can now
customize it.

Also if you want you can open the .rdl file in a notepad and edit it in
notepad itself...

Hope this helps!

Sam
_______________
Inogic
Innovative Logic
Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products
E-mail: crm@inogic.com
Web: www.inogic.com
--------------------------

"Ridhima Sood" <RidhimaSood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am keen to know if i can edit the inbuilt crm reports. i can find the
> rdl
> files but not the sln files so they can be edited in visual studio 2005.
> can
> someone please advise me how to go about this?
>
> regards
> Ridhima

0
inogic (83)

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

conversion #3
I am trying to upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a new computer. When I attempt to export the data in my email files (inbox, sent,etc.)I do not have the "received" information exported - when mapping the fields I am unable to map several of the email fields; therefore, they are not exported. I have been unable to find the normal email fields to use in my mapping. How do I map normal email fields in an export operation? If I do not export this information my new computer has no idea when I received my old emails/ In the old days, the easiest way to keep all da...

Showing 0 after decimal with ROUND

BackUp #3
how i can take backup of all my company emailboxes and addresses? ...

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

crm consultant needed asap

3 Levels in Extended Pricing
Is it possible in Extended Pricing to have 3 levels of discounts. I assume yes because the max level in price trace is 3. I set up my Base Price Book to be all my List Prices. I then set up another price book and set it to be 50% of Base (Dealer Pricing) and then I want another price book to be "10% off of Dealer" I would then assign customers to this special price sheet/book. So doing a price trace I would have: List: $100 Dealer Original $100 Percent off 50% Unit Price $50 Special Original: $50 Percent off 10% Unit Price $45 Under my "Price Sheet Detail Maintenance...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

date function #3

Custom reports #3

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Emails Not Routed to CRM
We are getting the following two errors for every inbound email into CRM: (Note outbound is being delivered and recorded correctly) Event ID 5892 The message 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' failed to deliver to all servers For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. AND Event ID 5896 a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'RE: test email CRM:{8090D8A2-C6DC-4F53-BB21-3782BEBBF134}:MRC' URL: 'http://officeserver/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' For...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

cannot send e-mail #3
I am getting the following message: message from Outlook 2000, you may receive the following error message: 0X800CCC78 error: The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address It gradually has disabled all of my 3 accounts on Outlook. I can send, but not receive. I think there is some software corruption or a virus. Deleting and re-creating the account does not work Mario D'Avirro <mariod@mdainsurance.com> wrote: > I am getting the following message: > > message from Outlook 2000, you may receive the following > error mes...

Speeing up searches in CRM
When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way to improve the search response time? I'm wondering if there is a config setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL tables, any ideas?!??! Thanks. To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en http://...