Edit Lookup to set a default value

Hi there,

i saw the posting on regards "How do I give a lookup field a default
value" . And i tried using the method posted there but still i'm not
able to get my lookup edited with a default value passed in.
i need a solution that can update or set the default value in the in
lookup with the parameters that is being returned from the SDK.

Regards
angie

0
Angie
1/6/2007 5:18:28 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Angie,

If you need to give the lookup a default value, Please look into using
JavaScript populating it on Form Load. Please look into the CRM 3.0
SDK. If you found some of my code, I am happy to share with you.

Darren Liu
Crowe Chizek and Company
http://www.crowecrm.com

Angie wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> i saw the posting on regards "How do I give a lookup field a default
> value" . And i tried using the method posted there but still i'm not
> able to get my lookup edited with a default value passed in.
> i need a solution that can update or set the default value in the in
> lookup with the parameters that is being returned from the SDK.
>
> Regards
> angie

0
Darren
1/7/2007 3:30:44 AM
is there any1 can successfully edit the lookup by setting a default
value. I really cant find any solution to resolve the editing of
lookup.

regards
angie

0
Angie
1/7/2007 12:13:25 PM
Hi all,

solution found from msdn example;

cheers
Angie

0
Angie

How do you set up a submit button to attach worksheet in email?
I am doing a form and I want to have a submit or send link on the bottom of the page. I know how to make hyperlinks but I dont know how to get it where when the user hits the send button it automatically saves that info and sends that form to the intended email address. Basically so you dont have to attach it yourself through email. Is there a way to do this? Have a look here for code to send mail http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Tips -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on a...

Outlook does not appear in the list of default email program in IE but it is installed.
Hello I installed Outlook on a clients machine about a month ago. Since then they have be able to send and receive emails with the program. Today they clicked on a contact us link in a web site. I forgot to change the default email setting in Internet Explore so Outlook Express loaded instead of Outlook to send the email. I know how to change the setting in IE so the default is Outlook. Tools > Internet Options > Programs > email ..... The problem is that Outlook is not listed. Only Hotmail and Outlook Express are listed. How do I add Outlook to the list of options? I assum...

in word 2007 how do I turn on the dictionary lookup feature
when I use spell check and correct my mistake if I try to use the dictionary lookup feature it is not responding. How do I activate this feature? To look up words in Word 2007, you can click the Research button on the Review tab. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Dino" wrote: > when I use spell check and correct my mistake if I try to use the dictionary > lookup feature it is not responding. How do I activate this feature? ...

HOw do you set up an A3 landscape page in Publisher
Can your printer print stock that big? If it can setup your printer first, Publisher will reflect that size in page setup, click custom, landscape. If you don't have a large format printer, File, page setup, landscape, type your dimensions, Publisher will tile this setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mrr" <mrr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C25B8F18-E6F5-4BE2-9DEF-06849EA9F697@microsoft.com... > ...

RMS SOPOS should allow requiring exact customer lookup match
Retail Management System's Store Operations POS should allow the option to require exact customer match in lookups or better yet support a prompt for customer number and provide the new customer dialog when not found. This feature would better support client card or club membership scenarios where all customers are required to be members (with associated specific discounts, etc.) Currently the lookup match selects the nearest customer and is inadequate for high volume environments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions...

Default attributes from DTD while transformation
When I transform XML, XSLT automatically adds extra attributes to the node which are declared in DTD (default DTD attributes) . I just want XSLT not to add these extra default attributes from DTD. See refname and shortname attributes are added to node automatically after transformation. Please let me know how to fix this. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE ONIXMessage SYSTEM "http...

Setting reading order for accessibility
I have created a Publisher template for a group of users to create their monthly newsletters (text boxes, calendar, images). I then convert their finished .pub files to pdf and need to make them accessible for posting on our website. Since there are multiple newsletters using the same template each month I want to set as much as possible in the .pub template so I don't have to do each one individually in Adobe and can easily make them an accessible pdf. The problem is that I can't find a way to set the Reading order in Publisher Any suggestions or ideas on if this is poss...

Print values of a listbox
Is there a way to make a report that prints the values of a form's listbox. I tried making a report in design view to accomplish this. I inserted a listbox in the report and made it bound to the form's listbox, but the report only prints a limited amount of items on the list (those which are visible in the listbox). Is there a way to have the report print all the values of the form's listbox? How is the list box populated? If it's based on a table or query, make a report based on that table or query. If the Row Source Type is a Value List, I don't know.... -- Jerry...

Adjusting the Value of an asset acount
When I try to adjust the value of an asset I am finding that the increase or decreased value is applied to either my income or expenses. Example: a piece of property increased in it's value. I changed the value accordingly, but I am having problems with placing this transaction into a specific category. I want to create categories for asset appreciation and depreciation, but I am finding that I am asked to enter them into either an expense or income category. If there is an increase in value for that asset I am seeing it as income in my monthly reports such as "expense verse ...

Default Queues
Doesn't exchange have a queue delay of 72 hours? I know with sendmail you can have a message in the queue for XX hours until either it can be delivered, or returned to sender as non-deliverable. ...

XPath to node with empty value
Hi all, Basically i want to do get the specific node that is empty but when i try the following i get a null node even though I know there is a node whose AN value is null. What am i doing wrong? "/my:MF/my:SVY/my:INSP/my:INA/my:IA/my:AN[text()='']"; Thanks, Erin * esebastian@esolutionsgroup.ca wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >Basically i want to do get the specific node that is empty but when i >try the following i get a null node even though I know there is a node >whose AN value is null. What am i doing wrong? > >"/my:MF/my:SVY/my:INSP/my:INA...

Delete record(s) in other cells based on value of one cell.
What I have is a protected sheet, where all columns except for 3 are protected. I cannot delete the entire row with protection turned on. So, what I need is to be able to delete the value in these three columns, only when the value in column A is "d". Any clues? Protection must remain on, users are using this spreadsheet and I cannot allow them to have access to the formulas in these other columns. Help...Micheal Provide a macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the work and reprotects the worksheet is one way around the problem. MPope wrote: > > What I have is a ...

subtotalling with summary values above
Hi, I'm trying to nest automatic subtotals for three columns with the summary totals above the data. (I'm creating my macro by recording the steps.) However, when I create the second subtotal, the first total row inserts above the total row for the first subtotal. I hope that makes sense. It looks like this: EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE Total EARTH SCIENCE Total EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE as opposed to: EARTH SCIENCE Total EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE Total EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTEM SCIENCE EARTH SCIENCE EARTH SYSTE...

Data Migration Manager Replace Transformation
Is it possible to create a replace transformation that can convert a multiple source values e.g. VALUE Column contains $0-10m, $10-20m, 20-30m, etc I want to replace these values with 5000000,15000000,25000000 respectively and output to a CRM attribute "new_value" which is of type "money" I can do the first value successfully using the following transformation map, but if I create another transformation map with a replacement for the second value mapping to the same output attribute I get an error saying that the new_value is already mapped. <TransformationMaps...

XL 2007 : Noty able to move data values in XY Scatter chart
Hi All, In Excel 2003 I can move data values (scattered points) in XY Scatter chart however this functionality is not working in Excel 2007. Any help? Tushar - Search Google for "excel 2007 deprecate chart" and one of the results is http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2006/08/28/724641.aspx which says "Direct Manipulation of Data Points on Charts In Previous versions of Excel, data points on a chart could be dragged, resulting in their source values being changed on the worksheet. This seldom used feature has been deprecated for Excel 2007." - Mike http://www...

Chart Defaults
I changed the chart default because I wanted the graphs I was making to all be similar. However, now I would like to change it back to the oringinal setting and I can not figure out how to do that? Thanks! ...

what is printer port set-up for wireless printer
I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan See http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00035871&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=305980&rule=8674 -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "arubabob" <arubabob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DC43EB1-2F98-4A40-87AD-80034B45BF59@microsoft.com... > I'm having difficulty printing to hp adhoc lan ...

Value returned by function does not update automatically
Hi , all First of all i'm newbie to VBA Programming , and my english isn't perfect too , but i hope someone can help me I've written very simple function to get part of the spreadsheet name Function FileNm(Optional Nbr As Integer = 4) FileNm=WorksheetFunction.Substitute(ThisWorkbook.Name,Right(ThisWorkbook.Name,Nbr),"") End Function This function does not work properly , because when i close spreadsheet , change it name , and then reopen , this function still returns the same value . Any ideas how to solve this problem without writing Workbook_Open() or Workbook_Be...

Changing formulas to values
I have a spreadsheet that makes calculations based on the value of another cell (say, A1). If I change the value in A1, all the calculations are updated, however, I want certain cells to keep their values when saved, so that future changes to A1 aren't reflected in these cells. I can currently do this on a cell-by-cell basis by hitting F2, then F9 on a cell, but I'm wanting something a bit simpler and that will work when I select a range of cells. I've tried saving the F2, F9 presses as a macro, but that doesn't work... Any ideas? -- Kind regards, Peter Anderson. h...

Message box based on the value of a cell
I would like to have multiple message boxes popup on a worksheet as needed, each according to the value of a single cell. For example, if A1=1, then the first message box will contain a brief message. If A1=2, then the second and different message would appear. As long as A1=0, no message would appear. I need an OK button to discontinue the message box, but it would be better still if the box could be timed for 5 or 6 seconds instead of having to rely on an OK button. It would have to be made to appear only once or until the value of the cell once again required its execution. Can anyone...

Allow User to Edit Ranges
Any better way to input the range for a 30 spreadsheet??? a8:j20 , m8:p20 , r8:s20 a22:j34 , m22:p34 , m22:p34 a36:j48 , m36:p48 , m36:p48 a50:j62 , m50:p62 , m50:p62 a64:j76 , m64:p76 , m64:p76 a78:j90 , m78:p90 , m78:p90 a92:j104 , m92:p104 , m92:p104 and so on .... Hi, Are you asking how to assign 30 different user to the ranges you listed or are you saying you want to give one or more users access to all 30 ranges? Or are you talking about 30 spreadsheet? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "crapit" wrote: > Any better w...

Apply computer setting take long time
Hi, I run SBS 2008. I reboot the server and it hangs on "apply computer settings" and can't get to log on screen. I didn't disable IPv6. DNS is correct. I reboot a few times earlier, no problem. Before I reboot, I was tried to install security updates, however it failed. When I selected restart, (I didn't select install updates), but the computer tried to install updates before restart, I forced to shut it down, now it hangs in Apply computer settings. What should I do now? Need help! Thanks in advance! Lisa can you try selecting last good co...

should be warned about losing emails if trial edition used
I was suckered into using the trial edition of Microsoft Office outlook without any warning about losing all emails and data during trial after expiration. This is a very dirty trick and does not speak very well as to Microsofts' ethics. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

xslt: making use of edit/delete buttons is that actually work?
I want to make an xslt file that formats and displays data from an XElement object through an xml control. I need to have the xslt file show edit/remove buttons next to each element/attribute that is displayed on the page. These buttons/links do have to actually work in the sense that you can actually edit/remove the particular element/attribute. Is there any way to do something like this? "Andy B" <a_borka@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:uKoP9jvuIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I want to make an xslt file that formats and displays data from an XElement >...

Retreive Variable Value from Module
Hello all again, I am trying to retreive a value from a Module variable. The contents of the module are:- Public MySELLERID As Long I know theres something in there because I can get it though a MsgBox, but I would like to output this into a text field on a form. Please, please could someone help before I pull my hair out. Many Thanks Geeves1293 geeves1293 wrote: >I am trying to retreive a value from a Module variable. The contents of the >module are:- > >Public MySELLERID As Long > >I know theres something in there because I can get it though a...