Edit External email before send?

Howdy,

Does anyone know of a way to have CRM generate an external email using
workflow rules - with rules that will let the user see it (and potentially
edit it) before sending?

I am trying to generate a "Welcome" email that will be fired at the
completion of an application process, but then will allow me to edit the
email with a user name and password for the customer.  Perhaps there is a way
to get CRM to create a draft rather than send the full email?

Thanks!

nasu
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't think there's anyway to do this other than making an email template
that the user would insert.
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"nasu" wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to have CRM generate an external email using
> workflow rules - with rules that will let the user see it (and potentially
> edit it) before sending?
>
> I am trying to generate a "Welcome" email that will be fired at the
> completion of an application process, but then will allow me to edit the
> email with a user name and password for the customer.  Perhaps there is a way
> to get CRM to create a draft rather than send the full email?
>
> Thanks!
>
> nasu
Thanks for the quick response Matt!

So, just to make sure that I understand you:  There is no way to generate an
auto email that can be edited.  When you say "making an email template that
the user would insert", you are talking about a fully manual email process,
right?  (Draft an email, insert template ... )

Thanks,

nasu

"MattNC" wrote:

> I don't think there's anyway to do this other than making an email template
> that the user would insert.
> --
> Matt Wittemann
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "nasu" wrote:
>
> > Howdy,
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way to have CRM generate an external email using
> > workflow rules - with rules that will let the user see it (and potentially
> > edit it) before sending?
> >
> > I am trying to generate a "Welcome" email that will be fired at the
> > completion of an application process, but then will allow me to edit the
> > email with a user name and password for the customer.  Perhaps there is a way
> > to get CRM to create a draft rather than send the full email?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > nasu
correct
--
Matt Wittemann
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"nasu" wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response Matt!
>
> So, just to make sure that I understand you:  There is no way to generate an
> auto email that can be edited.  When you say "making an email template that
> the user would insert", you are talking about a fully manual email process,
> right?  (Draft an email, insert template ... )
>
> Thanks,
>
> nasu
>

> "MattNC" wrote:
>
> > I don't think there's anyway to do this other than making an email template
> > that the user would insert.
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "nasu" wrote:
> >
> > > Howdy,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a way to have CRM generate an external email using
> > > workflow rules - with rules that will let the user see it (and potentially
> > > edit it) before sending?
> > >
> > > I am trying to generate a "Welcome" email that will be fired at the
> > > completion of an application process, but then will allow me to edit the
> > > email with a user name and password for the customer.  Perhaps there is a way
> > > to get CRM to create a draft rather than send the full email?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > nasu

Can I delay the delivery of a mail-merged email message?
I am used to delaying the delivery of a single email message by amending the delivery options in Outlook. I would also like to do so for a mail-merged (personalised) email message that I wish to send to a group today, but do not want to be delivered until tomorrow. My mail-merged email messages are created in Word, via Mailing and Mail Wizard. Can I amend delivery options here, and if so, how? Thank you! AFAIK, you can't set the options on the message during a merge. Create a rule to delay all mail with the same subject for 10 min (or more) then set the option on ea...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

Send/Receive function stops working...?
Howdy, I run OL2000 with Win2K Pro. Often (perhaps twice a day) the send/receive button stops working. Specifically, on clicking the button, its look changes as if properly functioning, but then nothing further happens. The same is true if I attempt to launch a send/receive cycle from the menu. I cannot just send either. Re-booting solves the problem every time. What might this be about, and is there a solution? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

Can't remove "send message" toolbar
I have an excel file that I use frequently. I sent it as an e-mail, and saved the file when den with it. Now when I open it, it has several lines under the usual toolbars dealing with "sending e-mail" ie Send this sheet, to, cc, subject etc. I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to toggle this feature on or off. The file itself works fine, and I assume this is a toolbar feature to allow for quick e-mailing, but would like to remove it. Answered my own question. You click on the e-mail icon in the standard toolbar to remove it. "Scott" wrote:...

External Datasources
Hey all, Need some suggestions... We have added some custom schema fields that represent primary keys to corporate data in other databases. We have also created a custom search framework that joins between this information (ie: AccountBase joined to external source) via views and stored procedures. We'd really like to integrate the CRM security (ie: what accounts you can/cannot view/edit, etc...) but have kinda hit a wall. We can attempt to mimic the authority based upon the Role/Privilege tables, but this obviously is begging to be broken in a future version. It was suggeste...

email created in publisher has jibberish
When I create an email in Publisher and send it to my smtp email address, I open it up to read the email and it has the following jibberish before the actual email: v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} b\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Is this something that can be prevented in the creation? Or is this something that happens after it is emailed? ...

rotating email recipients in list
Is there a way to setup a distribution list or some other group that the users will be in a rotation to receive the email sent to the group?? We use exchange 5.5 on a 2k box...visitors to our website would fill out a form that is then emailed to a distrobution list name. In this distrobution list are three emails. Each time the form is filled out and sent it would send to one of the emails on the list (this would rotate or cycle each time the form is filled out)...is this possible?...thanks David There is not builtin functionality to do this. You would need to write a custom event sink. -- ...

Deliver new email to pst file
If I change the location new email is delivered to by following the instructions below, will this work if outlook is closed? On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts. Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next. In the Deliver new e-mail to the following location list, select where you want to the new messages delivered. Click Finish. Yes, the new mail will be delivered to the location you specify the next = time Outlook is opened and polls for mail. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited ma...

Emailing Reports in PDF format
I am using Stephen Lebans A2000SnapshotToPDFver751 to email reports as PDF files. The module works fine if the report page size is set to letter but on the reports where page size is set to legal the bottom part of the page past the letter size does not have the lines that should be printing. I am wondering if anyone else has experience with this problem. Thanks, -- Bob G ...

Editing views on the activites page
I have stumbled upon the ability to edit views for activities by using the viewmanger.aspx page and changing the object type code to the code for activities (134). I have made these changes and have published them using deployment manager in a test environment, and they seem to be working great. The question I have is why did Microsoft hide these pages. It is possible to edit other objects (leads, opportunities, accounts, ect.) by just using the standard interface. It seems like the may not be showing these pages for a reason, but I have no idea why. If anyone has any input on this i...

Set "from" address for outgoing emails
Hello, I'm new to Exchange, so apologies if this question has been answered many times in the past. I've searched, but so far I have not found an answer. Essentially I want to change the address from which messages appear to originate. Currently we run a legacy email system (ISOCOR) which we are replacing with an Exchange 2003 implementation (currently in test). For various reasons this will be done on a phased basis and the two email system will continue to co-exist for a period of time. Currently, when an email is sent from the existing system it will be recieved by the addressee...

Insert "Send to associate" link in Pub 2000 web?
I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an associate". Is there a way to do this? Thank you. refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047401c4bdd0$225109c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to > add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an > associate". Is t...

.msi File Editing
I aplogize for posting this message here. I did not know where else to post it. If there is a more appropriate newsgroup, please point me to it. I have a .msi file created for installing Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006 from an administrative image. This file was created when a prior server was in use. The new server has a different name and now the pathing contained within the file is no longer valid. The folder structure on the new server is the same, only the server name in the pathing needs to be changed. I would like to know how to edit the .msi file to change the serv...

VBA Code to Delete an Email After it is Processed by VBA
The following code is a hybrid from several internet sources. Mostly from this forum. I have an application that starts an email thread and assigns a Task ID like: TID(123) This is the Subject When an email is received with "TID(###)" somewhere in the subject, a native rule then copies it to a subfolder under the CurrentFolder called 'TID'. The following code works to copy the email in msg format to its associated network directory, but the email remains in the subfolders. What I am trying to accomplish is to automatically delete the email after it is pro...

How do I transfer all email from Godaddy webmail to Outlook 2007?
need to synch ALL email including INBOX/BULK/DRAFTS/FOLDERS/SENT all emails in my Godaddy webmail system "noviceoutlookuser" <noviceoutlookuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06151E12-ABFB-414D-8A85-F50711D198C4@microsoft.com... > need to synch ALL email including INBOX/BULK/DRAFTS/FOLDERS/SENT all > emails > in my Godaddy webmail system And what does Godly HELP say about this? need answers note questions please! "Gordon" wrote: > "noviceoutlookuser" <noviceoutlookuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in > ...

Automatically sending an Email From Outlook
Hi I have an Access database that uses a macro that I run automatically to send emails with new information to clients. Whenever I run the macro I get an Outlook warning that a program is trying to send an email and I have to click YES before it gets sent. Obviously if this process demands my attention each time an email is sent, it is of little value to me. Is there a Security setting in Outlook to stop this block from occurring? Thanks Jerry <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:e7mk525pmhiclgltpa3h1aadgjpipkiff8@4ax.com... > Hi > I have an Access database that use...

Partial editing of cell contents.
I am developing a spreadsheet to be distributed to numerous individuals for updating and returned to me to be compiled. I have a column for account number which consists of a 6-segment number, each segment separated by hyphens. I need recipients to edit the middle two segments and return to me. I want to create another column that duplicates the account number string except for the middle two segments, and either highlight the segments to be edited or mask the two segments to ensure correct number of digits are entered for the segments. How can I accomplish this? -- Twinspar ...

Transferring all my email accounts to a new computer
Is there any way to transfer the details of email accounts from within Outlook XP to a new computer? I have 15 email accounts set up in there, all used for different and specific purposes. I can move all my data by copying the pst file across, but it doesn't contain the email account information. So is there any alternative to handballing them all in again? Thanks. Hi Jeff, maybe this site will help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicsharewar...

email comes in code
Hi, My husband is using Outlook 2003 on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. He have recently formatted and reinstalled Outlook. Ever since around then he consistently receives an email from a particular source that is what looks like code and not readable text. It is only from that sender so far. We doubt that it is the senders fault in that it is a commercial entity with a huge email distribution list. So I think the problem is some setting in Outlook. Does this problem seem familiar to anyone? I also have requests in for help to our ISP, the email provider, the sender etc. Hope someone...

Notification fo the email reading of other users
Dear Friends My management person want to have a track if anyone is reading the emails of other person. This is normally for the Exchange admins as they can take the ownership of the mailbox and read the emails of user mailbox. This is really important and urgent for me. Please guide me to solve the problem. Best regards Sharad So they dont trust the admins? On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:39:01 -0800, "Sharad2005" <niitmalad@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: >Dear Friends > >My management person want to have a track if anyone is reading the emails of >other person. This i...

My linked email id pages each looks different.
I have three linked email ids - xxx1@msn.com, xxx2@msn.com and xxx3@msn.com. xxx1 is the primary email I use. On the Windows Live page for this account (and for xxx3), the functions right above the email list says: New | Delete Junk | Mark as Move to | Print Icon On the xxx2 account, the functions right aboe the email list says: [Check box] View: All | Unread | From contacts | Social updates | From groups | Everything else << [Arrange by drop down] I can't figure out how to get my primary (and tertiary) email addre...

HELP! Exch 5.5 Store.exe crashing with Dr Watson error after sending single message to 600+ external addresses
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on a WinNT40SP6a server. The Exchange data folders are all on the D: drive. The current hardware config is as follows - C: 1.75GB, 166MB available D: 40.5GB, 5.6GB available RAM 512 MB P2-Xeon 550 MHz One of our users sent an e-mail with over 600 non-local addresses in the TO: field. Shortly after she sent the message the information store crashed, and there was Dr Watson error dialog, showing a 0x00000005 error (which I believe is an Access Denied) Using WordPad to look at the edb log from immediately before the crash, I see the o...

Outgoing email problem... please help.
Hi, Has anyone encountered this strange problem (intermittent) in Outlook. We sometimes get below error when sending email: "The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address." The recipient's email addresses in question are confirmed correct and existing. We even get the same error when sending to users on the same domain. Please help. Garu This is not the system in question and sorry about the time and date.... "LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...