Edit documents whilst attached to notes

Having attached a word document to a Note (say, connected to a scheduled
meeting), I would like to be able to subsequently edit this document.

It is possible to open this document in word by right-click, open in new
window.  But changes are not saved to the original.

Having created a document for a meeting and attached it, I would love to be
able to modify it "live".
--
Mike
Bristol, UK

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=6fad1622-290e-4cf8-8774-342b449cda1f&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

attachments #14
When opening email attachments a box should pop up asking if you would like to open the attachment or save the attachment. Down the bottom there is a tick box which you can tick so that attachments will automatically open and it will no longer ask you. Well i have accidentally ticked the box and want to get it back.I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it? Does anyone have any idea? Thanks Aly ...

saving excel document as pdf
Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop down menus workable on the pdf file? I mean suppose you have a drop down menu in an excel sheet where you can choose numbers. Is it possible to save this file as a pdf file while allowing the drop down menus still work in the pdf file? Or am I asking too much? Hi No, it can't be done, AFAIK -- Regards Roger Govier "minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote in message news:h0arb5$glm$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop > ...

Word was unable to compare the documents
I have two 147 page Word 2007 documents that I am trying to compare that also contain equations. When I try to compare them, Word generates the following error: Word was unable to compare the documents I am not really finding anything useful using Google to search so I am posting here. I did find KB978398, requested the hotfix, and after installing the hotfix I still have the same error. Suggestions? Thanks! ...

difficulty opening e-mail attachments
I am unable to open attachments sent to me in my e-mail. Outlook Express indicates the attachments are "unsafe"and prevents me from opening them. Many of these attachments are sent to me by friends and I am sure there are no viruses associated with them. I have been unable to find out how to change any of the security settings within O.E. Does anyone out there have any advice? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Int...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Attachment guideline or limit for lists
Can anyone tell me the guideline or limit that Microsoft recommends for attachments to a list iitem. I know there is a 2,000 guideline for number of items in a list. Is there any documentation from Microsoft that shows how adding attachments to lists degrades performance for viewing and searching in SharePoint? Thanks for any help on this. One slight correction... it's 2000 items in a view, not a list. You can have thousands of items in the list. Just try and keep your views to less than 2000. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

2003 exchange standard edition
I have a 2003 domain controller with exchange 2003/one storage group/store. I want to setup a mailbox management policy to manage the users folders. I have done this before with enterprise edition but a different way than I am trying now. I setup the policy to find any exchange user with the word 'Limits' set as their number 1 extened attribute. When I setup the policy the find now feature finds my one test user but when I run mailbox management it runs against everyone on that server/store. In the policy I did not specify a server/storeage group. And when I test the policy it fi...

Messages Forwarded as Attachments Appear Blank
Hello, I am running an Exchange 2003 Org, with mixed Outlook XP/2003 clients, all on the latest service packs. I have one client (our CEO) that when he receives forwarded email from outside the organization, the forwarded message shows up as an attachment, but when he opens the attachment, it is displayed as a blank email (no to, from, cc, subject, body, or anything). I have checked the AV logs on every "AV for Email" gateway from the source to the destination, and I don't see anything getting stripped from the message. I have also checked all the AV servers, and made sure...

New Document
Hi, I'm using the MFC document/View architecture, or at least I'm trying to do so. The Image Processing software I'm developing, returns an image (a matrix of points), and other information in a class call Image CImage { //Attributes CArray figure; int tenderness .... } I was wondering to create a new class. let's say CImageDoc : public CDocument, to display and use manipulate my application data. My problem is I can't create an instance of the CImageDoc class, the command CImageDoc myNewImageClass; dosn't work. How do I create a new do...

No Scroll Bar on Notes!
(Outlook 2007) There are no scroll bars on Notes! I have only just realise this, after this problem has caused me a great deal of grief. I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did not attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there! This awful design has made me look bad. Terrible! ss. The sticky notes notes? They've never had scroll bars. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

WMP 11 will not play wmv files attached in e-mails
I cannot play any video files that are attachments within e-mails. For a while I was getting an error code that the codec could not be found. Now it doesn't even get that far... WMP opens and hangs "connecting to media." It also does the same thing now when opening any wmv files that are in links? I don't recall having any of these problems with previous versions??? hhheeeeeellllllppppppp!!!! WMP having problems with attached video files is pretty common. It can usually be worked around by saving the attachment to a separate file first and opening that file...

How to send attachment to a filtered email list of people
Surely there must be a way to add an attachment to an email template? Do you have to use the email template when sending direct email through CRM? Whenever I do an advanced find and want to do an email to the group, the only choice is email templates that don't seem to have any attachment options. Someone please tell me they have a workaround for this. Much appreciated!! There may be a way, using workflow Create a new, manually invoked workflow rule that generates direct email. Don't use the template option. Then you can select an attachment. (See the unsupported "slug...

blocked attachments #14
I want to allow *.mdb attachments from a safe sender. Can I do this on my computer without having them go through the extra steps of zipping or renaming the file? I have read all the help articles I can find, but so far can only see how to add file types to blocked senders, not remove them. I think the user should have control of this - how can I give Microsoft feedback? The user HAD control of this and Outlook got the reputation as a petri dish. Microsoft took it away and the rep has slowly gone away. However, to your situation, you need to post your version of Outlook in order...

Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document
Hi guys! I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720 x 400 the program begins to work without problems. The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC display, but the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to change the video input, and the...

(Sorry) CStdioFile problem --------- without the attached image>
Dear : I have ISAPI Filter which expected to serve thounsands of users, within the filter I'm using CStdioFile class to write reports and error logs, the writing is working fine and without any problem , but the problem occured when the filter begin serves many users ,a message like this appreared Debug Assertion Failed! program : C:\WinNT\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe File: filetxt.cpp Line: 163 .... so why this happening , when I tested it as single user or 2 users at a time no problem , what I think is due to huge number of users? What can I do in this case? to prevent such message...

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

OL2000 e-mail attachment
I have a peculiar problem with e-mail attachments: When I receive an e-mail with an attachment (.jpg format) from my own mobile phone, the attachment does not appear in the e-mail. Outlook simply does not acknowledge that the attachment exists at all - there's no paper clip icon in the Inbox list and no attachment listed in the e-mail. The size of the e-mail message indicates there is an attachment and in fact, the attachment is there--I can forward the e-mail to another recipient and they receive it normally, and they can then forward it back to me and I receive it normally. I ...

Can i edit layout of the "Navigation Pane" #2
I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders structure... Can this be done? FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2 Cheers, It's OK.. Based on the searches i have done, looks like you cannot remove these options.. Cheers, vwboss@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as > well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders > structure... > > > Can this be done? > > &g...

Change way attachments show up in XP Office
In Office XP Pro, my attachments, both received and sent, are now showing up just under the "Subject" box as file names. I want to change attachments back so that they appear as an icon down below the body of the message as they did in previous versions of OutLook. Any suggestions are most welcome. If you have a solution, please email me at: rweeks@cableone.net anytime. Thanks It all depends on your message format. HTML puts the attachment in the header. Rich Text puts it in the body. Plain Text puts it below the message body in a separate window. --� Milly Staples [MV...

document is slow to print
Can someone please help!! My document takes forever to print or it won't print at all. I have graphics in the document as well as words. I don't have this problem when I print other files, only Word documents. Graphics will take longer to print. If you can compress the graphics it should shorten the printing time. Click on a graphic and on the picture toolbar you will see a small square with arrows pointing on each corner. Click this to compress the graphic. If your document is long, you could try to split it into smaller documents. -- Rae Drysdale "Vivian&qu...

Documenting database model diagram
Hi, I've created typical database model diagram in Visio 2003 EA and need to document it properly. Where can I put field descriptions and is there any way to export diagram to any type of document or print report out. Thanks in advance. IK In Visio 2002 EA, you can double-click the Entity shape and there is a "Notes" tab to put note descriptions. There are also Note tabs for the fields as well. Click on Database \ Report to generate a text report of the database model. -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Extracting all attachments for a single user...
Is that possible? We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything. I need to be able to pull out all of the attachments that our Graphic Artist email out through our Single Server Exchange 2003 server. He always used Outlook 2003 in cached-exchange mode. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Blake On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:02:20 -0400, "Galpersonal" <Galpersonal@online.nospam> wrote: >Is that possible? > >We had a server crash, and the backup didn't restore everything. I need to >be able to pull out all of the attachments that our...

My clips and photos are printing in the upper lefthand corner of my documents
I am having trouble with some of my print jobs and Publisher 2002. I place my clips and photos where I want them in my document, but when I print the job sometimes some of the clips and photos are misplaced up into the upper lefthand corner of my document. Can anyone help me with this problem, please? It's driving me nuts! Thanks, debbio A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from debbio <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am having trouble with some of my print jobs and > Publisher 2002. I place my clips and photos where I want ...