Easy way to copy fields?

I have made a lot of customizations to the Leads form by
adding a lot of fields. Now I want to add most of those
fields to the Contacts form so that when I promote a Lead
the info carries forward. Is there an easy way to copy
and then link these fields or do I have to manually
create them all all over again as Contact fields and then
link them?
0
Ari
6/28/2004 3:49:16 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to create the exact same fields in contacts then create mappings
betweek leads and contacts in the deployment manager-schema manager.

Have a look at the tool and see if it makes sense. As always I recommend you
test this out on your test crm system rather than a production box as you
cannot remove field additions etc

"Ari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have made a lot of customizations to the Leads form by
> adding a lot of fields. Now I want to add most of those
> fields to the Contacts form so that when I promote a Lead
> the info carries forward. Is there an easy way to copy
> and then link these fields or do I have to manually
> create them all all over again as Contact fields and then
> link them?

0
John
6/28/2004 4:28:20 AM
I know I can do this manually, I was inquiring if there
was a way to automate the process since each one takes a
decent amount of time. If not this would be a handy
feature to have in 2.0 and just have you "promote & link"
a field from say Leads to Contacts. This way you don't
have to worry about typos and instead of Create Lead Data
+ Create Contact Data + Link Them, you could
just "Promote" the fields you want copied and linked.
Because this doesn't just apply to contacts and Leads,
but I may have to do the same for opportunities and/or
Accounts, which will take forever!

- Ari

0
Ari
6/28/2004 5:20:01 AM
Good idea

its possible the sdk may allow you to do this. Another nice feature would be
to sync up multipel picklists so they all have the same values

> I know I can do this manually, I was inquiring if there
> was a way to automate the process since each one takes a
> decent amount of time. If not this would be a handy
> feature to have in 2.0 and just have you "promote & link"
> a field from say Leads to Contacts. This way you don't
> have to worry about typos and instead of Create Lead Data
> + Create Contact Data + Link Them, you could
> just "Promote" the fields you want copied and linked.
> Because this doesn't just apply to contacts and Leads,
> but I may have to do the same for opportunities and/or
> Accounts, which will take forever!
>
> - Ari

0
John

slow copying & pasting with keyboard shortcuts #2
I am using Excel 97 (Windows NT). Copying and pasting cells using the keyboard shortcuts takes quite long to complete (~ a few seconds). In fact, using any of the keyboard shortcuts takes a long time, however,if I do the same thing by right clicking the mouse, it responds immediately. This problem disappears if I remove all my add-ins. Anyone got any ideas? ...

Best way to implement a File server
Hello, I want to make an application which will be used as a file server. I know several ways to code it but I want to read other opinions about the best way to do it before starting to work. My client app should connect to a server (MFC app) to download a file (should work like a very-very small FTP server). It can query info about a file like TIMESTAMP, size, etc... and download it. Which is the best way to do it? And how to know when the file transmission is finished (send the file size first, send a "command" trough the socket to inform that the transmission is done). I am no...

can't use the from field to send mail from another mailbox
I installed the exchange roll up fix kbfix KB870540 per: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-021 Vulnerability in Exchange Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (894549) and now when a user who has access to another mailbox and is currently using their own mailbox can't use the from field to send mail from the other mailbox. They receive an error message "you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object". see the folder contact or your system administrator". The only workaround i found is to allow them send on behalf of, this allows th...

copy formula+value
I have this 2 columns. I want to copy this two and paste them to a new row with exact the same formula, value and cellreference. =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!$A$4 =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!B18 The result: =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!$A$4 =3D'Z:\F=F6retag\[filename1.xls]Best=E5nd'!B29 I want the B29 to be B18. I do understand that I could change B18 to $B$18 above but I don't want to do that. In some cases when I copy I want the B18 to be B19,B20,B21,... and this works fine. But how could I make a copy without ...

Copying Address Fields into More Addresses Side Tabs
Hi. I am trying to make a copyAddress button for a case where ShipTo is the Same as BillTo Address.I am able to do this alright with the SDK and this works both when the implementation uses the Address2 Tabs and for the More Addresses Tab. However when I try to do the same with Javascript I am able to copy the Address1 fields into Address2 Tab using something like. crmform.fieldname2.value = crmform.fieldname1.value plus some miscellaneous code in the onchange events.This too works. My query at this point is: Is there any way to do the same using javascript for the More Addresses Side Tab.Or...

Change colour of a field
Hi Guys, Are you able to change the colour of a field dependant on the fields current value in datasheet view. When the output from a query is opened, I want to be able to have differeent colours for different values. Ie when the value in a field is hertz I want the datsheet view to be green, yet when the value is Custom Fleet I want the colour to be Green... Am I able to do this from the Datasheet view (output from a query)?? many thanks in advance ?? Cheers, DontKnow - You can use Conditional Formatting on the field. You are limited in the number of options you ha...

Creating Resorce Mailboxes
I have followed this link http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.htm for a tutorial on creating resources in exchange 2003 It seems to me that this is very timeconsuming - considering many organisations have hundreds of resources to manage. Is it really necessary to go to another PC, log in as the resource-mailbox, configure Outlook - just to check a couple of checkboxes.... for every single resource... you must be kidding right? Why can't this be done from the Administration Interface Thanks for all replies Steen Molberg You could use the AutoAccept Agent: http://blogs.msdn.com/ex...

NZ Ain't Easy
I have a subform [MYOB_Cards query subform] in that I have a [text30] in [Text30] Ihave =NZ(Sum([Price]*[quantity])) On My MAIN Form I have a Text Box [185] in it I have =NZ([MYOB_Cards query subform].[Form]![Text30],0) Text box 185 gives me an #error when there is NULL or no value in [text30]. Text Box 185 returns correct value when there is a value in [text30] What ist it I'm not seeing Any help would greatly be appreciated Gaetanm -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200706/1 When there is no value to show, doe...

Help Needed: VBA code to copy a worksheet into a new workbook
Hi All, I am trying to write VBA code that accomplishes the following: 1) Copy Sheet1 from workbook1 into a new workbook. 2) Open the "Save as" dialog box that allows the user to name and save the new workbook. 3)Return the user to workbook1. My problem is I don't know how to open the "Save as" dialog box. Thanks in advance Bob Bob Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show Regards Trevor "Kenwalt" <Bobkennedy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1111170592.071328.140780@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I am trying to writ...

Copy chart into Word exactly!
Hi I have a full page landscape chart in excel, I want to be able to copy this page into word, but whenever I try and copy and paste it, the whole thing reformats and half the axes text has disappeared etc. Surely there must be a way around this? Thanks A very frustrated Lawrence! Things to try: Hold down the Shift key when you copy. This changes the Edit>Copy command to Edit>Copy Picture. Additionally, when Pasting into Word, use Edit>Paste Special & see if you have any other "source format" options available to you that might work better. HTH, "Lawrenc...

VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields
Hi, perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer. I'm using Outlook 2007. So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer. Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT: I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item?? Also how can I add "Outlook Specific cont...

Copying data from 205 columns to 1 column
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have a table that has 205 columns and 15 rows. I want to copy the data of the 15 rows of every column under Column A with a blank row between the data of every column. Example: A B C A1 B1 C1 A2 B2 C2 A3 B3 C3 B1 B2 B3 C1 C2 C3 I appreciate if somebody can help with this. If this question has been posted before, please direct me to the post. Thanks, Zuo Assume your source data as described is in Sheet1, in A1:A15 across by 205 cols ie 15 rows x 205 cols In another sheet, Put this in any startcell, say ...

Changing a text field to a number
Hello there! I imported a MS Project file in excel and I have values in cell like 3.5d (3 and a half days)...I would like to browse all cells and remove the day to get only the numbers... The 'd' is always the last character in the cell... I tried using a macro but failed... Has anyone any idea about how to browse a column (top to bottom), remove all the "d" and go to the next column on top Thank you so muchfor your precious help Michel On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 09:17:29 -0500, "Michel Khennafi" <mkhennafi@mke.catalystwms.com> wrote: >Hello there! > >...

vlookup to copy data from another tab
I have two tabs in spreadsheet. MAIN & THIRD PARTY I'm trying to update third party contact information from THIRD PARTY to MAIN by entering a POST CODE (ZIP CODE) into MAIN and for the formula to search the THIRD PARTY tab and return the name, address and contact info there. Basic info in THIRD PARTY covers NINE columns that should be copied and transferred to MAIN if the post code matches. I can get it to look but not to search the columns for the variable. I have sorted the spreadsheet into into order. Thanks in advance fro your help. David Are you using V...

Copy VLOOKUP Formula
I need to copy a vlookup formula down a specific column. However, the lookup_value needs to change from row to row when I copy the formula since it references the contents of the cells in column A. Also the contents of the cells in column A are text not numbers therefore the INDIRECT function is not working for me. Example A B 1 ROAA010A VLOOKUP("ROAA010A",'[Allocation Data.xls]Sheet1... 2 ROAB070A VLOOKUP("ROAB070A",'[Allocation Data.xls]Sheet1... 3 ROAM050A VLOOKUP("ROAM050A",'[Allocation Data.xls]Shee...

best way to track check to credit card
M05 Standard Acct #1 - Checking - Bank ABC - outgoing check to credit card for partial payment Acct #2 - Credit Card - Bank ABC (same bank) - incoming credit via check payment as stated above again, usual monthly check written to pay the credit card payment that is due what is the way to go, keep the checking account transaction as a withdrawal (check written) -better as a withdrawal to keep the original form inact? or convert it to a "transfer" so i can match it between accounts. -better as a transfer to match between accounts and gain clarity in the budgeting process (i haven&...

VB6 Code 1/2 way finished......any suggestions
Have a issue with a VB6 program, had someone write some code, he got 1/2 way thru and decided to work on other projects and keeps putting us on the back burner, been waiting 4 months now, looking at what he has put together looks very nice, but is trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Bill On 4/1/2010 12:48 AM, David Kaye wrote: > "Bill"<got2believe@msn.com> wrote: > >> trademarked? so we cant get to the code, any ideas or suggestions? Thanks > > If it'...

Easier way to transfer so to po & indicate how to transfer so line
There is a sales order setup option for the creation of purchase orders to indicate whether similar items on a sales order should be combined into one purchase order line. It would be great if this option could be provided at the sales order level. In a heavy distribution environment where the distributor does not stock a lot of material but buys per sales order, the person entering the sales order needs a quick and easy way to create the po appropriately and it really could be half the purchase orders created one way and half the other. Currently the best option is to check the box ...

Replacing null values in text fields
Hi, i have created a query from just one table, which is basically a list of Financial transactions. There is a field called supplier code, in this query. Most of the transactions have a supplier code, but there are a few that don't. i've got another table that has the supplier name against the supplier code. i want to bring this table into the query, so that i can show the supplier names against those records in the query that have a supplier code. when i add this table and link the 2 tables up and put the supplier name into the query. The query excludes the records with no s...

Command Button To Delete Text In Single Field In Record
Hello All, I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a table. "Enquirys" form is called "Enquiry_Date_Reset" On the form i want to scroll to a particular record and then press a button which will clear the date which is stored in the [Date Sent] field for that particular record set. (Not the whole record) is this possible? Regards Dan On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 09:08:56 -0700, dan.cawthorne@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > I want to be able to do is open a particular form, which based on a > table. "Enquirys" > > form ...

Profit margin field in report
Hi Can anyone provide a copy of the Reports > Items > Price List report with a column for profit margin, calculated from the 'Cost' & 'Price' fields Many thanks Hi Jeff Many thanks for that - we don't deserve you. I don't wish to be a pest, but is there any way of having another column with PM calculated without the sales tax? i.e. derived from (price - sales tax) and cost Also can you reccommend a site or book where I can learn to edit the Active reports myself. Many thanks again "Jeff" wrote: > Connawarra, > > Try this one at...

CH field in RMS Customer Reports
What does this CH field represent? Cutomer History? This field is available in the RMS Customer Reports, but I don't know where it's getting it's information from, or what it means. Any clarification would be helpful. ...

Copy Range Border Excel 2007 + Screenupdating Issue
We are running a VBA macro and are copying a range and then looping and inserting the copied range. However, the copied range has the "copy border". Is there anyway this can be turned off in vba? Also, we cannot turn off the screenupdaing using the following below with application .screenupdating = false .displayalerts=false end with We think it is updaitng due to a custom function in the range being copied Is there anything else that you can totally turn Excel updating off with. Thanks in advance To exit copy mode use Application.CutCopyMode = False Don't know ...

Combine totals field from multiple workbooks into a new 'totals' workbook
There is a workbook for each sales area. These workbooks have a total sales figure. I am looking to create a separate workbook which will have these figures included and be updated as the sales workbooks are updated. Hope that is clear and any help gratefully received! Geoff If you know the cell address ? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm If not post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "ratman and bobbin" <you.would.like.to@know> wrote in message news:Ki1Jk.1198$Ab4.584@newsfe15.ams2... > There is a workbook for each sales are...

Average doesn't work in pivottable calculated field
Eg, I use following data to make a pivot table, the minimun order for product A is 100 and I got total 23+45+70=138 pcs of product A on hand, So I should order 200 (minimum multiple of 100 that larger than 138). Product Min_Order Qty A 100 23 A 100 45 A 100 70 However, in calculated field of pivot table, no matter I use =average(Min_Order) or =min(Min_Order), I will receive 300 as minimum order that I cannot use Min_Order (should be 100) in my formula to calculate how many I should order: =rou...