E-Mail Router Setup 12-10-03

I am trying to install the CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router
setup on my exchange server after I installed the CRM
server successfully and I am recieving the error
message "One or more of the Microsoft CRM Servers you
listed is invalid".  I tried my CRM NetBIOS name FQDN and
nothing works. What is the fix for this.

Thanks in Advance
Len
0
Len
12/10/2003 8:33:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try using an up address
"Len" <lcampbell@pennsys.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install the CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router
> setup on my exchange server after I installed the CRM
> server successfully and I am recieving the error
> message "One or more of the Microsoft CRM Servers you
> listed is invalid".  I tried my CRM NetBIOS name FQDN and
> nothing works. What is the fix for this.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Len

0
John
12/10/2003 9:31:26 PM
I tried and IP Address of my CRM server and same error
message.  Has anyone else had this same issue?

Len

0
Len
12/10/2003 9:51:01 PM
try these - also has your crm admin been assigned a crm license?
===========================

            TechKnowledge
            Error "One or More of the Microsoft CRM Servers is Invalid"

            Return to previous page

            Document ID: 30539
            Date Created: 4/30/2003
            Date Last Modified: 7/30/2003 3:48:32 PM
            Language: English - United States
            Country: USA
            Product: Microsoft CRM
            Versions: 1.0
            Modules: Microsoft CRM Installation

            Issue

            Error - "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is
invalid" occurs when installing the Microsoft CRM Exchange Email Router.

            Potential Cause

            The Remote Registry Service may be disabled on the Microsoft CRM
Server. When the Exchange Email Router installation is running, it needs
Remote Procedure Call (RPCs). The Remote Registry Service is often shut off
for security reasons.  In fact, one of the security templates shuts this
service off.

            Resolution

            Follow the instructions below to resolve the error:

            1.  Go to Start | Programs | Administrative Tools | Services and
make sure the Remote Registry Service is started.

            2.  Open an Internet Explorer session on the Microsoft CRM
server and type the following URL:
            http://crm server name/MSCRMServices/bizuser.srf
            (This URL should return some XML code.)

            3.  Open an Internet Explorer session on the Microsoft CRM
server and type the following URL:
            http://crm server name/MSCRMServices/bizusersdl.srf
            (This should also return some XML code.)

            4.  If Steps 2 and 3 DO return XML code, skip ahead to Step 14.
If Steps 2 and 3 do NOT return XML code, please continue with Steps 5
through 14.

            5.  Go to your Microsoft CRM server and navigate to Start |
Programs | Administrative Tools | Internet Information Services.

            6.  Expand Server name | Microsoft CRM Version 1.0 |
MSCRMServices | Right-click Properties.

            7.  Go to the configuration button at the bottom of the
MSCRMServices properties window. Select App mapping and scroll to the
bottom.  You will find an extension called .srf.   This should be pathed out
to system drive | Program Files | Microsoft CRM | server | bin |
CRMISAPI.dll.

            8.  If the mapping is missing, click on Add.  In the executable
text box, browse to the path system drive | Program Files | Microsoft CRM
Server | bin | CRMISAPI.dll.  Enter .srf in the extension box.

            9.  Navigate to Start | Run | type REGSVC32.  Enter the path
system drive | Program Files | Microsoft CRM Server | bin | CRMISAPI.dll to
re-register the dll.

            10.  Go to the configuration button at the bottom of the
MSCRMServices properties window.  Select App mapping and scroll to the
bottom.  You will find an extension called .soap.  Verify that it is pathed
out to system drive | system root (usually WINNT) | Microsoft.NET |
Framework | V1.0.3705 | ASPNET_ISAPI.dll.

            11.  If the mapping is missing, click on Add.  In the executable
text box, browse to the path system drive | system root (usually WINNT) |
Microsoft.NET | Framework | V1.0.3705 | ASPNET_ISAPI.dll and enter .soap in
the extension box.

            12.  Open Start | Run | type REGSVC32.  Enter the path "system
drive | system root (usually WINNT) | Microsoft.NET | Framework | V1.0.3705
| ASPNET_ISAPI.dll" to re-register the dll.

            13.  Restart IIS and follow steps 2 and 3 to verify that you are
receiving XML code.

            14. Retry installing the Microsoft CRM Exchange Email Router.

      =======================================

                  TechKnowledge
                  Error "One or More of the Microsoft CRM Servers You Listed
is Invalid." When Installing the Microsoft CRM v1.0 Exchange Email Router

                  Return to previous page

                  Document ID: 29888
                  Date Created: 3/27/2003
                  Date Last Modified: 5/22/2003 11:04:01 AM
                  Language: English - United States
                  Country: USA
                  Product: Microsoft CRM
                  Versions: 1.0
                  Modules: Microsoft CRM Email, Microsoft CRM Installation

                  Issue

                  Error - "One or more of the Microsoft CRM Servers you
listed is invalid.  Please make sure that all servers are running properly"
occurs when installing the Microsoft CRM v1.0 Exchange Email Router.

                  Resolution

                  During the Microsoft CRM v1.0 Exchange Email Router
installation, you are asked to configure servers.  On the Add Servers page,
in the Microsoft CRM Server Name box, you need to specify the exact machine
name which your Microsoft CRM Server is installed on.  In the Microsoft CRM
Web Site URL box, please type the URL of the Microsoft CRM Web site
(example:  http://crmservername).   This will most likely be the name of
your CRM Server machine.

                  Note - You do NOT need to enter the fully qualified domain
name in the Configure Servers portion of your installation.  The machine
name will suffice.

                  Example - The machine name where Microsoft CRM is
installed is MSCRMSERVER.  On the Configure Servers page, the following
should be entered:

                  Microsoft CRM Server Name:

                  MSCRMSERVER

                  Microsoft CRM Web Site URL:

                  http://MSCRMSERVER

> I tried and IP Address of my CRM server and same error
> message.  Has anyone else had this same issue?
>
> Len

0
John

multiple calendars 01-13-10
I have 2 calendars. How do I overlay the calendars and print a composite? How do I move all data from 1 calendar into the other so that I can delete the 2nd calendar? Can you tell us your version as the functionality varies between versions. To get you started copying from one folder to another... open the Calendar you want to empty | view in By Category view | select all | drag to the destination Calendar and release. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implemen...

Consolidate 02-05-10
I have a list of over 2400 names in column A as firstnamelastname They need to be turned into email addresses w/ the same domain name. How do I do this? Basically I need to turn into firstnamelastname@domainname.com Thanks in Advance if this is idea looking for, without modifyiing A, in a new column: =A9&"@email.com" not sure if need to alter the name in email address, else repost with desired output and I will look at. "bobby769" wrote: > I have a list of over 2400 names in column A as > firstnamelastname > They need to be turned ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

Best Practises setup with AD or File Server
Hi, We have a scenario where we are retiring out dedicated backup server. Currently we are using Symantec Backup Exec 11d. However, instead of replacing the dedicated server, their is a suggestion that I use existing servers for Backup Exec Are their known issues installing backup exec on a DC which also holds FSMO roles (PDC etc)? The other option is to install backup exec (and tape drive) on a file server which hosts the H and S drives. what do you think? I would use the file server. Presumably it is being accessed during the day when no backups are running. The b...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities
Hello We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not. Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ? All info gratefully received Thanks...Phil That should help: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html Cheers -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer Blog: http://crm.georged.id.au/ "Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10
I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self. Just loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago. Migrated all of my old stuff from Windows Mail (Vista). I've tried everything, including turning off email filtering. Only one email account and it is POP3. Can something be corrupted? If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows = Live=20 Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the = provider's webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft...

I E 7 Browser 06-21-10
I am experiencing a problem with IE 7 when I open the browser. The browser closes 3 times and then on the 4th try it stays open. I would truly appreciate any help with this problem. On 06/21/2010 04:57 PM, worf49 wrote: > I am experiencing a problem with IE 7 when I open the browser. > > The browser closes 3 times and then on the 4th try it stays open. > > I would truly appreciate any help with this problem. try disabling add ons http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/disableie7addon.htm ...

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...

How do I synchronize external e-mail with outlook
I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on the desktop. If I delete e-mails while I am out of office, they must be deleted on the server. Eucliff <Eucliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external > e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal > accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on > the de...

PDK Setup User - Timesheet Settings
How do I change the sort order in the Employee List scrolling window on the left? It is sorting by Employee ID from Payroll not Employee Name. Impossible to find delegates to ADD. 600+ Employees. In Modifier, I switch scrolling windows to the Employee ID List instead of Emploee List but now that window is not linked to the ADD/REMOVE buttons so it looks great but does not work to add/remove delegates. V10 ...

Outlook 2003: Showing Calendar within Mail view
Hi, I've just upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 and am trying to replicate the view I had in Outlook 2002. I used to have a screen split into three columns: the left-hand column (about 1/4 of the screen width) had my inbox with all its sub-folders in it. The middle column, which took up about 1/2 the screen width, had my list of e-mails displayed horizontally across the top, and under that I had the message window. In the right-hand column, the remaining 1/4 or so of the screen, I had the calendar view (which I could toggle between daily/monthly weekly view) and below that I had...

lost subfolders and email -vista mail
Hi there, I have posted a similar email in browsers and email forum ( thougth it was this one). Yesterday I emptied the junk mail and when I looked again all my subfolders and email had disappeared. All my business work. I am lost! I have microsoft security essentials for antivirus. i have tried looking in the appdata local microsoft windowsmail folder and they are not there. what can I do now? will they be anywhere on my hard drive that I can access? -- franknigmir "franknigmir" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:2cd46bf8914586ed40d15804080c33...

hyperink outlook mail messages to cells in excell
can anyone tell me how to hyperlink a mail message in outlook to a call in an excel worksheet I am trying to keep track of correspondence this way! ...

cant delete outgoing mail
i have attached too many photos to an e-mail and everytime i open ms outlook express, it's sending the e-mail and takes forever to use the e-mail. when i try to delete the outgoing mail (from outbox) it won't allow me to delete it) i tried unplugging the ethernet plug, rebooting computer, using control a and delete, and hitting the delete button, but none of this works,) as a last result, i think i have to delete the outbox through ms explorer and reinstall it. any suggestions? ...

When I use the merge feature, it copies the same address on the e
-- Janet The one-line field is designed for one short concise line. The big mysterious white space is designed for you to provide a detailed description of your issue and (preferably) one or more questions. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kangwa" <kangwa@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ED6D4BFE-1C52-4DE4-A8E9-828D097E9125@microsoft.com... > > -- > Ja...

Internet links within Outlook Mail Do Not Work
When I click on an internet link in an e-mail message, it does not launch a window nor open the page that the link points to. The message that I get is "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I'm the only user of this computer so there is no where else to go. This problem started when I removed the Earthlink Internet Provider program from my system. My internet still works with my current internet provided - just inside Outlook. ...

password problem #10
I cant sign into my microsoft money 2004, it wont accept my password, I have changed passwords several times and it still wont work. HELP!! -- g_robertson Microsoft's acknowledgement of the problem and somethings you can try to resolve the issue temporarily: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Common/NetworkStatus.aspx -- Brenda C "g_robertson" wrote: > I cant sign into my microsoft money 2004, it wont accept my password, I have > changed passwords several times and it still wont work. HELP!! > -- > g_robertson In microsoft.public.money, g_robertson wrote...

Publisher should merge to e-mail.
The only way I've found to mail merge with email AND publisher is to save the publisher document to a 'single web page'. Then open Outlook, select contacts and then mail merge and select the new .mhtml document. Then RE-EDIT said document, and then finally click on merge to email. You'd think it'd be a simple upgrade to just add a 'merge to email' button for Publisher. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in ...

Forwarding email with same domain to another mail server
Hii, I have a DNS at my network and subscribe a mail server (I'll say external mail server) with domain name same as the domain name at my network. I am still using Exchange Server 2000 as the mail server at my network (I'll say local mail server), but it has no MX. If there is an email from outside/from the other domain, it will be sent to the external mail server. For the local email (email with the same domain), will be sent to the local mail server directly. I think because the system will find the local mail server firstly while sending email. How should I do if I want to m...

Outlook mail #5
I get a message that my mailbox is full. Why is that? Can I increase the size of it and how do I do it? How do I increase the size of an attachment that I am sending? I have a personal home computer and I work at home and I am having lots of problems. Please help. Tom "t.vorce@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297b01c3e11b$f0e964e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get a message that my mailbox is full. Why is that? Can > I increase the size of it and how do I do it? How do I > increase the size of an attachment that I am sending? I &g...