Dynamics CRM 4 without Exchange but with Lotus Domino

Hi everyone,
I'd like to know if in Dynamics CRM v4 you need exchange to route the
incoming mail to the queues, because I have heard that in version 4 you don't
need to have exchange server.
We have Lotus Domino as email server and we'd like to get the incoming mail
via E-mail Router Configuration Mnager in Dynamics CRM v4.
I don't know if these steps are correct:
1. Create two profiles (one for incoming mails and one for outgoing mails)
2. Create a new deployment to connect with dynamics CRM server.
3. Load Data.
4. Modify the incoming or outgoing profile for a user or queue.

I really apreciate any help and docs about how Email Router works in
Dynamics CRM v4.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
Santi
0
Santi (3)
12/27/2007 11:04:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

New release work with POP3 servers but if you looking for integration Lotus
and MS CRM you have: http://www.linkpoint360.com/mscrm_features.aspx
If you are looking for additional information about MS CRM Email Exchange
router you will have Implementation Guide.
Regards.
MS CRM Consultant
Polski Microsoft CRM blog
http://pflis.blogger.com

"Santi" <Santi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I'd like to know if in Dynamics CRM v4 you need exchange to route the
> incoming mail to the queues, because I have heard that in version 4 you
> don't
> need to have exchange server.
> We have Lotus Domino as email server and we'd like to get the incoming
> mail
> via E-mail Router Configuration Mnager in Dynamics CRM v4.
> I don't know if these steps are correct:
> 1. Create two profiles (one for incoming mails and one for outgoing mails)
> 2. Create a new deployment to connect with dynamics CRM server.
> 3. Load Data.
> 4. Modify the incoming or outgoing profile for a user or queue.
>
> I really apreciate any help and docs about how Email Router works in
> Dynamics CRM v4.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers.
> Santi

Thanks for your anwser but I'm looking for integration Lotus ans Dynamics CRM.

I just want to know if you need or don't Exchange to route incoming mail
from POP 3 server. Can I get an email from a customer to Queue without Rule
Deployment Wizard for Exchange?

Thanks in advance.
Santi

"pflis" wrote:

> New release work with POP3 servers but if you looking for integration Lotus
> and MS CRM you have: http://www.linkpoint360.com/mscrm_features.aspx
> If you are looking for additional information about MS CRM Email Exchange
> router you will have Implementation Guide.
> Regards.
> MS CRM Consultant
> Polski Microsoft CRM blog
> http://pflis.blogger.com
>

> "Santi" <Santi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> > I'd like to know if in Dynamics CRM v4 you need exchange to route the
> > incoming mail to the queues, because I have heard that in version 4 you
> > don't
> > need to have exchange server.
> > We have Lotus Domino as email server and we'd like to get the incoming
> > mail
> > via E-mail Router Configuration Mnager in Dynamics CRM v4.
> > I don't know if these steps are correct:
> > 1. Create two profiles (one for incoming mails and one for outgoing mails)
> > 2. Create a new deployment to connect with dynamics CRM server.
> > 3. Load Data.
> > 4. Modify the incoming or outgoing profile for a user or queue.
> >
> > I really apreciate any help and docs about how Email Router works in
> > Dynamics CRM v4.
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Cheers.
> > Santi

0
Santi (3)

CRM Import Wizard 07-22-05
When I try to use the import wizard and select. "Microsoft Outlook" I recieve the message: "Microsoft Outlook Cannot be Started, Verify that Outlook is installed on this machine". The machine is Window XP SP1, Firewall "off" The Servers are: 1/Domain (File and print) 2/Exchange 2003 3/Sharepoint and CRM Have no problems with exchange/outlook, everytyhing else is working well try this Change Internet Explorer security to prompt for ActiveX. To change this security setting: 1. From the Internet Explorer Tools menu, point to Internet Options. 2. Select the Sec...

Exporting CRM data to Power Point.
I have a situation where i need to CRM 3.0 data to Power Point. I know CRM provides functionality to export to excel sheet. But one of my client want the data to be exported to Power Point. Any body has done any work related to this? Does CRM 3.0 provides this functionality? Any suggestions or advise is very much appreciated. Thanks, CRM does not do this for you. There just isn't any "standard" way to display data in PowerPoint and typically there will be too much to be useful on a slide. I would look to linking powerpoint to a spreadsheet as a data source for a graph or c...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Open CRM Object from CRM Task in SFO
Hello Group! I can create a CRM Task in SFO and set a reminder. When the time comes, the task pops up in my outlook reminder window. From there I can open the task and the task is linked to a CRM object using the regarding field (e.g. to an account). Is there anyway to open the object (account) defined in regarding directly from the task? With kind regards Kai ...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

VPC Images for CRM training
I am preparing for the crm install. & config exams. I have got the training materials but need the VPC images that are used to do the practicals. Can anyone please tell me where i can get these images from? Thanks The May 2006 Release of the VPC image is located at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8edfc7b-01d8-4500-845b-01370d4eed21&DisplayLang=en -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "Zaheer" <Zaheer@discussions.microsoft.c...

Language Propagating error when synchronizing crm
Hi Installed Microsoft Dynmaics CRM 4.0 for Outlook. When I launch outlook, the status goes all the way to "Propagating language setting" and hangs there for about 10-15 minutes. It eventually crashes and exits. "Microsoft CRM Web Service Hoster has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Can some one please help me. If i change the user's role to system admin it works. I have made sure the standard user role has language settings all green. would really appreciate some help cheers Snow White Have you installed languav...

crm 4.0 mui packs performance question
does installing MUI packs on the server and office client affects the performance of the crm server? any review or document on this matter? While I have not seen any official data on the subject, I would be surprised if it had much effect. Installing (and provisioning) a MUI pack does essentially 3 things: 1. Installs the resource assembly 2. Adds strings to the database (LocalizedLabel) 3. Adds language specific templates for email and kb articles. 1 should have no effect, 2 and 3 above will have a small affect due more data in the tables, but it should not be much. "Benjamin ...

CRM Live via Outlook Client
I seem to have this problem with getting Outlook client to work. I run the install file, and it downloads all updates needed, and installs. When I go to configure it, it will ask how to be used, Office, CRM Live or online provider, and I select CRM Live. It will then ask for the url, https://xxxxx.crm.dynamics.com, and I get this error : The file '/MSCRMServices/2007/Passport/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx' does not exist, and the install will not continue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

OWA, can i put username without domain?
Hi all, I have 2 questions as follow: I just setup an exchange2003 as test. In owa, Do i have to put in my whole email address as the username or there is a way to shorten it to username only for login? I have this c1030af3 error when i try to get into public folders in ex. manager. But the problem solved by disable auto-protect in norton anti-virus. Is Norton conflict with exchange 2003? is there a fix for that? Thanks a lot all. Hi Derrick, Take a look at this KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820378 It will explain how to edit the OWA Login.asp page to automatically i...

CRM SBE Migration to New Domain and Hardware
Hi Folks, This issue has been talked about in a number of threads but our scenario has not been addressed directly. We are presently running CRM 3.0 SBE on a SBS 2003 Premium installation running SQL 2000. Because of a number of issues not related to the CRM implementation, we have decided to create a new clean domain on new hardware (not migrating AD) and will be installing SBS2003R2 with SQL 2005. We want to migrate all of our CRM data and customizations to the new domain/database/installation. Does anyone know how we can best complete the migration and what steps from a high lev...

Saving #4
Can someone please tell me the reason that if you save a 97 version spreadsheet as an (for eg) 2000 version that you cannot open the file on a machine that has Office 97 installed. Please don't worry about being technical. Many thanks Andy If you just save as an xls file you should be able to use of both versions except for any 2000 features not supported on 97. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Andy Gee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ea8401c43d0a$0abf4110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can someone please tell me the reason tha...

Outlook Connector #4
Will outlook Connector work with MSN set up as a POP3 account or will it only work as the HTML type? I am able to set it up as pop3 (incoming server: pop3.live.com, outgoing server: smtp.live.com) and it goes into my normal inbox. When it is set us as HTML, it gives me a whole other set of folders, so I have to copy contacts, calendar etc from my default "Personal Items" folder, over to my "MSN Account" folders to sync with OL-Connector. I suppose I could just try it out but I believe I would have to delete the current HTML style account first and I don't want to ...

Instalation of CRM on two place
Hello Our company got project for CRM 3.0 and we will install in next week. Our consulent demands that i must installed same crm at one of our local computer because they will work localy then export the changes and import at customer CRM server. My question is If i installed CRM at customer's network AD and take backup for SQL databases and restore thats on the local Server and connect to CRM or must install new CRM with same Lisence? Help me. Consulent wants same invirment as our customer has for CRM. -- Maikal You can't simply take a backup of a database and restore it i...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

Exchange 2003 Locking Up -Help!
The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it reaches 60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely. If I reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly rebuilds up to the 60 sesssions. If anyone knows what this is, I need help! It just started today. The sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but they never succeed and then go away. I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was back to locking up. HE...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

Dynamic cell references in cube functions
What is the syntax to make for instance the cubevalue function pick up parameter values from the spreadsheet so my report becomes dynamic? I have the following statement: =CUBEVALUE("datasource";"[Measures].[Volume]";"[Time].[YM].[YM].[2007].[200710]") I want to make a dynamic report so that the year [2007] and the month [200710] changes according to dates I put into the spreadsheet (for instance today()) so the report automatically updates the query to current time periode. Thanks in advance! I don't know cubevalue and it isn't in Excel help on ...

SOAP requests, Current User alert, Web Services, CRM 4.0
Using CRM 4.0.... I have a question you may be able to help me with *hopefully* I've tested and searched all over with no luck. I am trying to perform a SOAP request in order to display/alert the current system user. As you will notice if you use my "universal" CRM 4.0 source code, it is returning false and with no data contained in my request. Can you help? Warm regards, var data= GetInformationFromAnEntity(); if(data != null) { alert("This thing has data"); } function GetInformationFromAnEntity() { var xml = "" + "<?xml...

CRM 3.0 Feature
Does anyone happen to know if I will be able to assign a CRM Task to a non-CRM user from the Outlook client and then have any further actions such as acceptance, denial, or completion by this non-CRM user show up for that task within the CRM app itself? No, when you assign anything it CRM will only let you choose users in the CRM system. Even though you may be using the Outlook interface you are still viewing the same CRM system with the same constraints. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Josh Behl" <JoshBehl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Import Accounts 4.0
I'm trying to import accounts (with no relationships) into a clean installation using the import tool. Everything seems to work fine until the import is submitted. However the import seems to be stuck on status reason submitted. I've double checked that the MS CRM Asyncrounous Service is running on the server. Any thoughts? Any help would greatly appreciated Check this: http://www.sadev.co.za/node/155 maybe it's your issue. Regards, Robert "thom" wrote: > I'm trying to import accounts (with no relationships) into a clean > installation using the i...

Retrive deleted account and folders (exchange)
I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 (XP), and that function deleted also all of may inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all the deleted folders?=???? brgds, jan If you were storing all your data in the Exchange mailbox, just add the Exchange account back into Outlook. jan wrote: > I have deleted the ms exchange account from outlook 2002 > (XP), and that function deleted also all of may > inbox,sent,... folders. Is there a option to retrive all > the deleted folders?=???? > > brgds, jan ...

Issues with demoting exchange server? #4
Hi, It seems that the previous administrator was not succesful in fully promoting a sever to a DC. We are supposed to have two DCs (CC7=First DC, CC5=DC with Exchange server). There have been continuous replication problems from cc5 to cc7. AD doesnt consider cc5 as a DC and cc7 is the only DC in Domain Controllers group of AD. Manual replication between two DCs results in 'no endpoints' error. AD is unavailable several times on both DCs. Object created on a DC is not replicated within two (!) days on second DC. Clearely cc5 can not communicate with cc7 the way it is supposed to. T...

CRM 4 outlook client install error
I am not able to install CRM v4 Outlook client on any workstation. The Oultook initial setup from CD appears to install correctly, but the install fails using the Configuration Wizard (PreInstallation Checks = OK) with the following error. ----------------- Action Microsoft.Crm.Config.Client.InstallAbpAction failed. Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) ----------------- THis happens on all workstations connect to SBS 2K3R2; Desktop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Laptop (Vista Ent/OfficeUlt), Terminal Server (W2K3/Office2K3) The CRM Web Client works fine. -- ...

Exchange version
How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with microsoft management console with no reference to exchange. Please help If you're running SBS2000, you're using Exchange 2000. paploo wrote: > How do I find out what version of exchange I am running. WE have > small business server 2000 with exchange running on it. I went into > exchange manager and clicked on help about and it comes up with > microsoft management console with n...