Dynamics 4.0 error - Big problem

By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active
Directory.  We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still part of
the domain.  We unjoined and then rejoined the domain.  Now when any user
attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management
Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.

Please help
thanks
0
Irshard (6)
10/29/2009 3:54:01 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Oct 29, 2:54=A0pm, Irshard <Irsh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active
> Directory. =A0We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still pa=
rt of
> the domain. =A0We unjoined and then rejoined the domain. =A0Now when any =
user
> attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management
> Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.
>
> Please help
> thanks

Try reattaching the organization with the deployment manager, my guess
is your user GUIDs are out of whack. Reattaching will automatically
remap the GUIDs.

Leon Tribe
Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
or hear me tweet @leontribe
0
leon.tribe (293)
10/29/2009 6:12:30 PM
Sounds like you installed CRM to run under the 'Network Service' account
credentials. For this to work the machine account in AD needs to be a member
of the CRM groups. When the machine was removed from AD it was also removed
from the groups. When you re-joined the domain a new machine account was
created which needs to be made a member of the groups.

Add your machine account to the SQLAccessGroup and the PrivUserGroup. If you
are also running SQL Reporting Services on the same server then add it to the
PrivReportingGroup as well.

Hope this helps,
Phil.

"Irshard" wrote:

> By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active
> Directory.  We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still part of
> the domain.  We unjoined and then rejoined the domain.  Now when any user
> attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management
> Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.
>
> Please help
> thanks
0
Phil1 (164)
10/29/2009 11:21:01 PM

"Phil" wrote:

> Sounds like you installed CRM to run under the 'Network Service' account
> credentials. For this to work the machine account in AD needs to be a member
> of the CRM groups. When the machine was removed from AD it was also removed
> from the groups. When you re-joined the domain a new machine account was
> created which needs to be made a member of the groups.
>
> Add your machine account to the SQLAccessGroup and the PrivUserGroup. If you
> are also running SQL Reporting Services on the same server then add it to the
> PrivReportingGroup as well.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Phil.
>
> "Irshard" wrote:
>
> > By accident, one of our network admins removed the crm server from Active
> > Directory.  We got back onto the machine and it thought it was still part of
> > the domain.  We unjoined and then rejoined the domain.  Now when any user
> > attempts to log in, an error message appears stating: Business Management
> > Error: The user ID associated with the current record is not valid.
> >
> > Please help
> > thanks

Thank bro.... It works... much appreciated
0
Irshard (6)

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

Excel button problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Count If Formula #4

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Document Viewer installer error

message delivery problems

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

Error 550 Relaying denied

Having problem with spoofing email

Columns #4
My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Hi Me! I'm just guessing what you mean. Use: Tools > Options > General Remove check from "R1C1 reference style" OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "me" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D9050B-079C-476D-B5B6-84445F60EA51@microsoft.com... > My columns in Excel have disappeared how do I get them back? Another gue...

Problem with Range

outlook 97 and express email problems

sys menu problem in MDI
I have an MDI with 3 childwnd. Whenever group of views from chiuldwnd type X is shown the childwnd Y views and childwnd Z views are hidden via ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when changing the activate frame. it works. But when I press the minimize box on the ChildWnd sys menu, i C all the views no matter what type are them. I want that when I press the system menu the other views types will still be hidden and the views of the vurrent type will be shown as minimize, how di I do it ? 10x. J. ...