Dynamically change pick lists?

Has anyone found a workaround for the following :

dynamically change the choices in one pick list based on the selection
in a second, associated pick list.

I know this question has been asked before, just wondering if someone
found a resolution for it.
0
discussion11
5/22/2004 10:45:23 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I haven't tried it yet, but it is my understanding that
you can write JavaScript code in the OnChange event for
the first picklist that will modify the valid values in
the second picklist.  HTH,

Dave

0
Dave
5/24/2004 6:39:00 PM
Thanks Dave for the response.

I don't know Java scripting. What is a good way to start learning Java
scripting ? Any books, courses ? Can you please advise.

"Dave Carr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1193101c441be$6126c920$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> I haven't tried it yet, but it is my understanding that
> you can write JavaScript code in the OnChange event for
> the first picklist that will modify the valid values in
> the second picklist.  HTH,
>
> Dave

0
discussion11

change note color
Hi, I would like to know if exist a possibility to change the color of note triangle ? by default is RED and i would like to apply to it the color that i want... tia, Alain Sorry..i mean but note, a COMMENT in fact. "Alain R." <no.valid@email.com> wrote in message news:ucUQ8JO2DHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to know if exist a possibility to change the color of note > triangle ? > by default is RED and i would like to apply to it the color that i want... > > tia, > Alain > > Hi Alain, Background colour of comments i...

Reorganize list
Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right Excel group to post this question in, but I am hopeful that someone can point me in the right direction: I have a worksheet where all the rows represent tasks and the columns are named "Requirements", "Build", "Test", "Deploy". The intersection of the rows and columns have a numeric value (hours). I would like to move this data into a separate worksheet where there is a row for each task, but where the columns from the original worksheet ("Requirements", "Design", "Build&quo...

Exporting Distribution List Info
How can I copy and paste or export the data that is in a distribution list? I'd like to be able to email the list that include the actual addresses to people for revision reviews. I have a machine with Outlook 2002 and another with 2003. Thanks! Are you emailing these to other users of Outlook? If so, attach them as an Outlook Item to a message in RTF format. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Leigh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097001c4aafc$82e51bf0$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > How can I copy and paste or export the data that is in a > d...

Changing the controls' size on the dialog
I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the easy way to do that? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/resizabledialogs/article.php/c1989 "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1146251529.491759.108270@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to > change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the > easy way to do that? > This one works pretty good. http://www.code...

changing font size
I use Styles to define 3 or 4 different combinations of font, size, alignment etc. If I save and close the document, then come back to it some time later, I often find that font sizes have been changed. For example if I set a style called "Detail" at Garamond 12 Italic, when I reopen the document "Detail" may have been reset to Garamond 10 Italic, and this may have happened to several other styles as well. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? Publisher 2003 under Win XP Pro. Thanks in advance! Did you install the updates to Publisher 2003? -- H...

Question about automatically changing the cell´┐Żs color
How could I make the cell changes its color automatically based on the type of information I enter. Thanks, for any help almufadda@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Conditional Formatting (CD) For example: Suppose you want the cell's background color to change to light green if the value entered is > 10 Click on A1 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Set under Condition 1: Cell Value Is | greater than | 10 Click Format b...

rotating email recipients in list
Is there a way to setup a distribution list or some other group that the users will be in a rotation to receive the email sent to the group?? We use exchange 5.5 on a 2k box...visitors to our website would fill out a form that is then emailed to a distrobution list name. In this distrobution list are three emails. Each time the form is filled out and sent it would send to one of the emails on the list (this would rotate or cycle each time the form is filled out)...is this possible?...thanks David There is not builtin functionality to do this. You would need to write a custom event sink. -- ...

Extracting Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC vhd
Dear all, Help please...I've struggled all day with this. I need a copy of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration, released May 2006. I have downloaded the 5 files, from the Microsoft downloads site, but I cannot extract. I get the following two error messages, when I run the self-extracting .exe: Packed data CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition - Extended).vhd CRC failed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Demonstration VPC (May 2006 Edition - Extended).vhd Any ideas? As far as I can see the downloads of the part01.exe and part02 to ...

How to count rows with changing data
I have an imported list on sheet2 and it is maybe 100 rows. Each day the data is imported the dates change along with the type of record associated with each date. Say this week there are 25 rows with 11/13, 20 rows with 11/14 and 25 rows with 11/15 and 30 rows with 11/16. Mixed in with this each of these dates might have a different type of record (each type has 4 options.) I need to be able to do the following: 1.) I need to count the number of occurrences for each date and not only show the total count but also show the date that is counted as the label. 2.)count the...

A Dynamic Query Worksheet?
I have the unfortunate task of converting a SQL Server database into stand-alone Excel file that will store all the data, as well as act a a "front-end' for browsing the data. I'd like to have an opening page of many different hyperlinks whic would send the user to a second worksheet and also pass a variable. The second worksheet would list the results of a query that would us the variable as a parameter and would get its data from a huge table o a 3rd Spreadsheet. Is this idea possible? If so, I'd appreciate any ideas, tips, hints o how to get this done. Thanks -- Messa...

1.2 reports not listed
On Friday we upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2. The upgrade appeared to occur successfully. We can no longer view any list of reports (e.g. list of Account reports, Activity reports, etc. Anyone seen this? Ideas? check your crystal report services have been started. Also there are occasions where reports have dissapeared. Microsoft had a utility on version 1.0 that could republish all reports but you need to contact MBS support on CRM to get it "BPD" <bdemoe@atriosystems.com> wrote in message news:%231zOKnnwDHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > On Friday we upgraded from 1.0 to 1....

How to program Subform as select list
I've built a very simple Bill of Material database that has a many-to-many relationship between two main tables: tblQWMaster and tblPartNo. There is an intersecting table called tblQWParts. The intesecting table also has a field called QtyUsed and some price fields that are calculated. The concept is that every component (Part Number) could be in many Assemblies (QWMaster) and many Assemblies could have many Part Numbers. This DB uses tables that are already populated with data (you don't enter a line of information to match to another record other thanQtyUsed). I've te...

Not Display in Global Address List (External Contacts)
Does anyone know how I could bulk create external contacts without displaying them in the GAL? I used CSVDE to import and did not specify to place into the GAL under the showInAddressBook field. Is there anything else I would need to change to only list those external contacts in it's own contacts list? Amyt ...

resizing plots without changing text size
We are using Excel to generate scientific xy plots. When I resize the surrounding frame of such a plot, generated by the Chart Wizard, the text size changes. How can I prevent this? How can I resize a xy chart without changing the font size? Also, is there a nice trick to make several plots exactly the same? I have the impression that each time I generate a plot, Excel chooses randomly how it should exactly look. Thank you very much for every hint! Martin Double-click the text item that resizes inappropriately. In the resulting dialog box, select the Font tab. Uncheck the 'Aut...

combobox rowsource "All" if more than one in list
access 2003 I have a combobox with the below row source. It contains a Union to add "All units". How can I edit this to only show "All Units" if there are more than one selection in the combobox? i.e. if combobox rowsource has 3 units then "All Units" would be included. if combobox rowsource has only 1 unitthen only list the one unit. SELECT t000GFacts.UnitID, t000GFacts.Unit, t000GFacts.UnitType, t000GFacts.AEIC, t000GFacts.PlantName, t000GFacts.Unit AS UnitOrder, t000GFacts.SiteName, t000GFacts.OperatingCompany AS Customer, t000GFacts.Pr...

populating tree view and list view
Hi, how do i populate a tree view to show all the drives on a system and how to display the corresponding files and folders in a list view (ex.: windows-explorer). Thanx in advance. "Kapil Patry" <kapilpatry@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#v5OqNOnEHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, how do i populate a tree view to show all the drives on a system and how > to display the corresponding files and folders in a list view (ex.: > windows-explorer). > Thanx in advance. > > This is some old code I have laying around. I was just learning C++ so it needs som...

How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit.
How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit zip codes and nine-digit zip+4 codes? Hi Vince, Assume the zip codes populate cells A1:A100. Use a helper column, say column B. In B1 enter the formula =len(A1) and copy down to B100. Then sort A1:B100 by Column B and then Column A. --- Regards, Norman "vince48@verizon.net" <vince48@verizon.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B41E9C09-972F-443D-AF0A-64927EA797CB@microsoft.com... > How do I correctly sort a list of zip codes that has both 5-digit zip > codes > and nine...

Export address list data in an Excel worksheet for importing into.
I have a Volunteer address list in Excel that I'd like to Export to a format that I can then import into a new FileMaker Pro database. I know that the filed names will have to match. I cannot the menu under which I can export the Excel data. Most DB applications will import from a CSV format. Save the Excel file as File Type *.csv and try that. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:31:06 -0700, "ACR/HJG" <ACR/HJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Volunteer address list in Excel that I'd like to Export to a format >that I can then import ...

Custom picklist value shows in detail view but not list?
Hi, we've got a custom Account picklist that has been around a while and lived through some other work (data mig, etc.), but it looks like since pretty early on, it's had a wierd issue. On the detail view of the account, a record can have a value populated, but in the list view that column is blank for that record (but populated for other records). When I dive into the db with SQL, the value for that record is actually Null, even though it somehow has a value on the detail page. Any advice? Thanks! Chris Chris, This is actually a known glitch with the app. Odds are thos...

The diference betweein using combo from list box and table
Hello, Before I go further in desining my form, what is best way to update table using combo box whether to use listbox or from table. when I see the address sample of database the " Role" is taken from Role table, Is not more simple if we make it as a listbox to update table? Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang List boxes are usually used to display or choose data in a form. Combo boxes are used for searching, display, and for data entry on a form. Always do the data entry from a form where you can construct rules and code to verify the data. Never enter data directly...

How do I change format of all comments in worksheet?
I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? see this site http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset >-----Original Message----- >I want to be able to change font and size of text within comments in a whole >worksheet, without having to do them individually. Anyone any ideas? >. > ...

Help!
We're adding approximately 1500 users to an AD OU for the state of Delaware. The domain logon names will be formatted First name.Lastname Example: Joe.Smith We're going to be populating an Exchange 2000/2003 information store with these 1500 new AD users. The SMTP address for these users will be "First Name.Last name@state.de.us" Example: Joe.Smith@state.de.us Currently these 1500 users are in an Exchange 5.5 information store, where their SMTP address is First initial Last name. Example: JSmith@dot.state.de.us Is there a mechanism to automate making the addre...

Using a macro to make a list from Results
Hi, I have made a macro that runs another macro and copies the results to a new column thus creating a list. I want to make the macro run over a large number of cycles and create a large list without me having to type in the same command over and over. How can I do this? I have pasted the macro below: Sub Macro8() ' ' Macro8 Macro ' Macro recorded 2/06/2008 by deemo ' ' Application.Run "Iterate2" Range("B1").Select Selection.Copy Range("N8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("F1").Select Selection.Copy Range("O8").Select Act...

drop-down list in data valadation does not work
Mine does! Wonder what *you* did wrong? -- Regards, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "LA" <LA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91CF18D7-5CB2-4A1A-899F-7893F498D8AA@microsoft.com... ...

Changing lowercase to uppercase in the Contacts list index
I am a vision impaired user who has often thought that it would be helpful to be able to see the alphabet that is vertically placed at the right side of the address book display. I have never been able to find a way to change this display and have concluded that I am stuck with the lower case letters. Anyone know of a way to change this setting? Thanks. It can't be changed. There is at least one tool that adds an index - not sure if it would help you though - see http://alphabet.4team.biz/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...