Dynamically change pick lists?

Has anyone found a workaround for the following :

dynamically change the choices in one pick list based on the selection
in a second, associated pick list.

I know this question has been asked before, just wondering if someone
found a resolution for it.
0
discussion11
5/22/2004 10:45:23 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I haven't tried it yet, but it is my understanding that
you can write JavaScript code in the OnChange event for
the first picklist that will modify the valid values in
the second picklist.  HTH,

Dave

0
Dave
5/24/2004 6:39:00 PM
Thanks Dave for the response.

I don't know Java scripting. What is a good way to start learning Java
scripting ? Any books, courses ? Can you please advise.

"Dave Carr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1193101c441be$6126c920$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> I haven't tried it yet, but it is my understanding that
> you can write JavaScript code in the OnChange event for
> the first picklist that will modify the valid values in
> the second picklist.  HTH,
>
> Dave

0
discussion11

OWA login changed after installing service pack 2!
we have exchange 20003 running on windows 2003 server. I applied service pack 2 last night, and found out our remote users were unable to login. what has happend is this: where our local domain name was simpson.com, but our email address was homersimpson.com, before the service pack update a remote user would type their usename, and it would put the domain name in front - as in simpson\bart (if bart was username). NOW when they try to login it shows homersimpson.com\bart and will not log them in, and I have to tell them to type simpson\bart to get in. what has changed, and how do I p...

Excel Workbook- Can't open file once any changes are made
Hello everyone- I am running Windows XP with Excel 2002 (verison 10.6501.6626 with SP3 and I just completed developing a fairly large Excel workbook wit numerous worksheets and macros. If I send the file to a handful o other people, they are all able to open the workbook and make change with out getting any problems (They can change the file name itself o make changes to the cells within the workbook). Here's my problem: On my computer I can open the base version of th workbook without getting any error messages. However, if I make an changes (no matter how simple, like changing text...

GST tax rate change
Our new federal government here in Canada has announced a reduction in one of our sales tax rates. My question is should we create a new rate ...or adust the existing rate already set in the system? If we adjust the existing rate...would that affect our historical reporting?? TIA Tami While changing the rate on the existing tax details is the easiest method, creating a new tax detail will provide you a provable audit trail that the correct taxes were charged to the proper sales on the proper days without having to run a calculator on each audited transaction. If you can simply cr...

Ownership does change on Account Notes when reassigned
Hello, When an Account is assigned to another user, the Account Notes dont get assinged to the new owner. Any idea why this may be happening ? Appreicate any leads. thanks -G Check the Account to Note Relationship and see if the cascading on assign is "Cascade All" between Account and Note Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Gustho" wrote: > Hello, > When an Account is assigned to another user, the Account Notes dont get > assinged to the new owner. > Any idea why this may be ...

Changing visualizations
Hello, How can I change the character dimension for all the visualizations (all together) instead of changing each visualization one at the time? thanks, Alessandro ...

Changed a form to have two tab control
Code was writtten on the original form, but form is still named the same, the only thing that has changed is the control for the form changed to tabbed control and then I moved the individual controls to the appropriate tabbed sheets. Having a problem with the cmd buttons exiting to a main form, so I am thinking that I need to change the syntax on the code properites somehow. The main form is called "POCheck", the individual tabs are called "PO Form" and "Checkbook Form". I am not sure how the snytax needs to refer to the tabs? Here is an example: ...

Contact list question
I now have my contacts listed online with a Windows Live ID. But, I notice the display in WLM is different ... depending on if I am logged into Windows Live ID or not. When I am not logged in, I see all my Groups (or Categories) but when I am logged in, I see none. The total contacts is the same. Is there any way to duplicate the Group/Categories when online? Tom You are looking at two independent contact lists. Any changes made while logged in will not be reflected when not logged in and vice versa. You would have to manually recreate the groups while logged in. ...

Distribution List #3
I have Outlook 2002 - I want to set up a distribution list but do not want each person on the list to view each other email address - Just want the TO: line to be generic (e.g. EVERYONE) Thanks, Bob Hi Bob, In order to hide e-mail addresses from other recipients, type your address in the To field and place the distribution list in the Bcc field of the e-mail message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 257599.KB.EN-US, OL2000: How to Hide E-mail Addresses from Other Recipients You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.m...

color catagories should not change all in series meetings
Color Categories: This feature is useless when dealing with meetings that are set in series. Say I want to tag a meeting to remind me to schedule a sub meeting and only have it affect the one meeting in the series when changing color instead it changes all in series. It needs to react as if each meeting was set-up as single events and not affect the other meetings in future as I have no assignments because the meeting has not taken place. "Mac" <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CD1734D-019A-46A4-93D0-00EAD89A8017@microsoft.com... > Co...

Which one of the below list is UNICODE charset?
Which one of the below list is UNICODE charset? from msdn: ================================================================ lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined. ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET VIETNAMESE_CHARSET Korean language edition of Windows: JOHAB_CHARSET Middle East language edition of Windows: ARABIC_CHARSET HEBREW_CHARSET Thai language edition of Window...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

create a list of email addresses
I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those email addresses to send out other emails to those people. Is there anyway that outlook can create an excel sheet or group with a command, instead of dealing with each individual email. Does this make sense? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Thank You Meg "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message news:uObgCQClIHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those >email addresses to send out other emails to those peopl...

Stop users modifying distribution lists
Hi, I am new to E2K We have a problem with global address lists or distribution groups within the GAL basically we do not want the users to be able to modify these groups when using outlook. I have looked at permissions etc but dread changing anything as i have read other posts on google where this has gone wrong. Is it possible to stop users modifying the lists in outlook. I would suspect it would have something to do with being a manager of the said distribution group so no one else can change it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- 'In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...

VBA To Deliver Object List?
Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? Or do I have to know the object types/container names and enumerate the contents of each? -- PeteCresswell see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=list+objects&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&p=1&tid=cb2f7677-be8c-40b0-bfa9-2305acd4d167 -- Gary's Student "(PeteCresswell)" wrote: > Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? > > Or do I have to know...

Not able to remove the indentation in the list control after removing the imagelist
Hi, Anyone can help me. In my application once I remove the imagelist from the list control, indentation or space exists in the list control. I tried with setting iImage and iIndent members of LVITEM structure to -1. But no luck. Thanks in Advance, Balu. You could try calling Detach() for the image list in the CListCtrl. For example: CListCtrl *pMyList; // Added image list using SetImageList() pMyList->GetImageList()->Detach(); http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b75edw6k.aspx Tom "balu" <balakrishnakk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158207742.071489...

Why is Bank of America CA not on list of bank in new Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business
Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this incorrectly? In microsoft.public.money, ado510@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of >America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this >incorrectly? There have been some recent changes in the Bank of America statement download area: From http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=B&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#14 there are 3 choices now show...

exporting list
Hallo, I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. I would like to know the way to export a list of all e-mail adresses from mij exchange 5.5 server. somebody told me that there was a way to make a report using crystal reports but i have been trying this also without succes. if anybody kan helpme whith this please let me know. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278154&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414&Product=ech Martin Salazar wrote: > Hallo, > I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. > I ...

Creating Dynamic Range
I have created a dynamic range for an excel 2000 spreadsheet that I reference by using a Data Validation List... The dynamic range almost works, except that is leaves whichever is my last entry to the list off, of my "drop-down" box... So anything I add to the list whether is is several or a couple, will show up in my drop-down box except the very last entry.... My list that I am creating the dynamic range from runs from cell A3 thru A20 The formula for the dynamic range I have is: =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$3,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)) Can anyone recognize something that might be wron...

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) #2
I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and smtp are different. Thank for your help 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Are you set up to authenticate to your SMTP server, if your ISP requires it? isaac wrote: > I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and > smtp are different. > Thank for your help > 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed > rcpthosts (#5.7.1) ...

POP Invoive Edit List not coming out for 1 transaction
Hi, We are trying to print the edit list in the purchasing invoice entries but there is no output for 1 particular entry. We dont have issue in other entries. The data are correct and I can see that the system is printing in the Process Monitoring but no output in screen, printer and even in file. What can be the problem. Kindly help, thank you. Since this is unposted why not delete this entry and auto invoice again. The original PO Invoice details may have been corrupted. Just keeping the solution simple. Cheers "Bunxie" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to p...

How to modify principal without changing payment amount
I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the principal payment amount without changing the total payment amount. I am using Money 2005, and have all my loan details set up correctly (to my knowledge). I have recurring payments set up in my bills, and the total amount of the loan payment is $100. The problem is that Money puts $100 toward the principal which is not correct. I dont have a problem modifying the transactions after the fact manually, but I can't seem to even do that. I can double click on the transaction to modify it, but as soon as I modify the principal ...

changing GAL view fields in Outlook
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 clients. I want to add and remove some of the default fields when opening the GAL in Outlook > (tools/ Address Book). The default fields are: Name; Business Phone; Title; Company; Alias; E-mail type; E-mail Address. I want to add Home Phone and Mobile phone (fields that are already in AD) to this list and I want to remove the fields: E-mail Type and E- mail Address. I know I can view it if I double click on the person but I want to be able to view all at once instead of wasting time opening each one. TIA .. As far as I know, there's ...

How can I change size of the picture without changing chartobject?
Hi there, I have this code in a userform and get with it a picture in the same size as the chartobject - to small. I want a much larger (fill the screen as much as possible). I can easily solve it by changing size of the chartobject before export to gif, but i dno't want to do that. I want to change the size of the gif during or after importing it by LoadPicture. How? Help = Forever happy /Regards Dim ChartNum As Integer Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Debug.Print "frmPPT initilize " ChartNum = 1 UpdateChart End Sub Private Sub UpdateChart() Set CurrentChart ...

Dynamic Cell Address Construction
If cell A1="B" and cell A2 = "1", is there a way to construct the address B1 by combining the contents in A1 and A2 so that address B1 can be used in a formula ? If yes, does it mean that a range address can be constructed in the same way ? Hi, Yes, use indirect. =SUM(INDIRECT(A1&A2):INDIRECT(A3&A4)) -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "desktopbbb" <desktopbbb@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a51e1199.0307171300.9922c8c@posting.google.com... > If cell A1="B" and cell A2 = "1", is there a way to construct the > addres...

Data structure for sorted list
I'm looking for ideas on how to create a sorted list that executes in the shortest possible time. Facts about the app: * Presently, it builds a vector from external data, then quicksorts it * Each data node has several (potentially long) strings to sort on, which makes makes comparisons quite slow * The number of nodes can vary from several dozen to tens of thousands. * It's compiled with VC6, though if needed, an upgrade to 2008 would be considered Would a binary tree be the way to go? stl::map? Would another structure execute faster than a simple quicksort? Any thoughts wou...