Duplicate Records 05-10-05

Hi,

How can I stop MSCRM to accept duplicate records like Contacts, Accounts and
...? Actually I don't want to let the application save records with the same
value for a specified field like name.

Regards,
Sassan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You cannot stop Microsoft CRM creating duplicate records as its part of the
design. Solutions exist for finding duplicates although Microsoft has also
promised merge capabilities for the next release

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Sassan Komeili Zadeh" <SassanKomeiliZadeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:F20BA07D-8692-44D6-8FC6-979874239C50@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> How can I stop MSCRM to accept duplicate records like Contacts, Accounts
and
> ..? Actually I don't want to let the application save records with the
same
> value for a specified field like name.
>
> Regards,
> Sassan

0
John

hyperlinks 02-20-10
I can no longer open hyperlinks in my emails due to "restrictions in effect on this computer - see your system administrator. hobo, you wrote on Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:20:01 -0800: > I can no longer open hyperlinks in my emails due to "restrictions in effect > on this computer - see your system administrator. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www.outlookfaq.net See the following. It is an issue with IE and not with Outlook http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm --...

include a link to an opportunity record in a workflow email
Hi all, On this newsgroup I've read that a hyperlink can be included in a workflow email for a case record. This hyperlink will open the related record directly. The recommended link to put in the email: <a href="http://crm/CS/cases/edit.aspx?id=&incident.incidentid;">Case &incident.ticketnumber;</a> Now I'd like to do the same thing for an workflow email about an opportunity record. This is the link I included in the email: <a href="http://crm/SFA/opps/edit.aspx?id=&opportunity.opportunityid;">opportunity</a> Unfortunately, ...

Database records from excel templates
How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to update a database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is mentioned in help but no where does it tell you how to set the form to do this. There's information on the Microsoft site for the template wizard for Excel 2002: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=E01EA3D8-094D-4ED1-88DA-F4B8B2AD28BD&displaylang=en BeeJay wrote: > How do i get data entered into a template form such as invoice to update a > database. This used to work in previous versions of excel and is mentione...

macro to insert rows between sets of records
I have data that looks like this: name class title joe class1 assistant mary class1 assistant zelda class1 assistant al class1 professor ben class1 professor cleo class1 professor dan class1 professor alice class2 student barb class2 student claire class2 student ...and so on the spreadsheet goes. What I want to do is create a macr that will insert 2 blank lines between each 'title' group and insert line above the groupings with the title on it.. so that the resultin spread sheet looks like: name class title assistant joe class1 as...

Advantages and Disadvantages of Referencing An Add-In Workbook 03-22-10
Let me give you some background information first. I have a workbook (Quote Generator v3.xls) that references an add-in workbook (QG Add-In v3.xla). The Add-in workbook contains macros to manipulate data in the Quote workbook. So when the Quote workbook is opened the Add-In workbook is opened hidden from the user. I should also note that both of these files saved on a server, thus several sales people use them. Here is my question. When a user opens a Quote workbook the Add-In is automatically opened. If I need to make updates to the Add-In, because of a "bug" ...

windows explorer stopped working 04-19-10
Hi all, I got this problem in vista home premiun since I installed service pack 2. It happens when I click the right button of the mouse, I was told that it could be because I installed some application but I didn't find the culprit. Anyway, I want to execute command prompt as administrator and since I can not do it from the all start menu with a right click button, is there another way from a command line??. Actually I need to make some changes to HOSTS file and in order to do that I need to edit it as administrator. TIA On 4/19/2010 2:38 PM, Fanor P. wrote: > Hi...

Duplicate record code from Allen Browne
I have copied and am attempting to use the following code from Allen Browne, but for some reason it won't execute properly. I get the message that the ..Update in the code is incorrect. Can someone help me figure out what I have done wrong? Thanks in advance. Private Sub cmdbtnRepeat_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Duplicate the main form record and related records in the subform. Dim strSql As String 'SQL statement. Dim lngID As Long 'Primary key value of the new record. 'Save and edits first If Me.Dirty...

Duplicates
I have 2 lists of words. Some words from list 2. are on list 1. too. Now I merge these lists into one list. How can I obtain just unique words or unique words on the top of the merged list? TIA koncept wrote: > I have 2 lists of words. Some words from list 2. are on list 1. too. > Now I merge these lists into one list. > How can I obtain just unique words or unique words on the top of the > merged list? > > TIA Check out this link provided by Pearson Software Consulting http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates gls858 Make sure your column has a...

Show Record In Subform If Either Of Two Fields Match frmComboBox S
I am having trouble figuring out how to accomplish the following in Access 2003: I have two queries as the basis for my form. 1. One with a set of baseball teams in a league. Each record is one team, and the key is TeamID. 2. One with the league's schedule. Each record is one scheduled game. Each record has a TeamID in the VisTeam field, and another TeamID in the HomeTeam field. I want to set up a form and subform where: A. The main form has a combo box to select one of the teams. B. The subform shows all the games and only the games where that team is scheduled as either VisTeam or...

multiple email addresses #10
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP Several of the people in my contacts folder have more than one address. I have both a personal email and a work email, but they have the same display name. For example: John Doe - jdoe@personal.com and then John Doe - jdoe@work.com When I type John Doe in the recipient box of a new email, I'd like to see both email addresses listed so that I can choose which one I want to use for this particular email. However, it seems that the email address defaults to whichever was the last one I used. Any way I can see both address show up so I can choose??...

Email attachments #10
How do I attach more than one picture in the reduced size to another email address? Insert->File. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | How do I attach more than one picture in the reduced size | to another email address? ...

CRM 4.0 displaying duplicate records
Using DMM I imported 18,000 contact records from a csv file. In CRM when displaying contacts, each contact shows 3 times. However, a sql select does not show any dupes. Why is this happening? ...

Setting up account 02-25-10
I'm trying to use my email account with Alltel/Blackberry with my Windows Mail. My internet is with Alltel (data card). I put in my IP address for incoming and outgoing and that seemed to work, but now when I try to send mail, I get this....... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Turkey Calls', Account: '75.116.127.154', Server: '75.116.63.154', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Any hel...

MTA problem with MX records?
Hey Anyone ever seen this problem? If so, what direction do I need to head to get it fixed 550-EarthLink does not recognize your computer ([IP]) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support ...is due to an improper MTA configuration with the host that is responsible for delivering outbound mail on your network. In a nutshell, the mailserver which attempted to deliver mail to the earthlink.net e-mail address was initially unable to successfully deliver the mail to the earthlink.net MX (more than likely due to high load on our end; no Eart...

Sales Process in Opportunity Record?
Hi there, I have a quick question regarding the Sales Process tab in an opportunity record. I have created and implemented a sales process workflow, which seems to be working fine. Users manually change stages and both the probability and sales step fields automatically change, as expected. What I want to figure out is what the Sales Process tab/menu on the left menu pane is for in the Opportunity record. When I open this tab/menu in any active opportunity, I see a view that lists our sales process stages and a column called 'Completed'. Funny thing is that the 'Complete...

CRM 3.0 on SBS 2003 05-27-06
We have a SBS 2003 Premium Edition Box we use as a test bed for testing out programs before we try to sell them to our customers or add the program to our products base. CRM 3.0 sounded like a great program to add to our product line, but after about 5 hours of fidding around trying to get the thing installed following the instructions in Chapter 14 "Installing on Windows SBS 2003" we gave up. Anyone ever install this on a SBS 2003 Premium box and not have any problems with it? Can't sell this to customers when the tech time to install costs more than the product itself...

outlook 06-05-10
why do certain emails dissappear after entering my inbox folder Professional version 2003 On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 14:53:39 -0700, rick <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >why do certain emails dissappear after entering my inbox folder >Professional version 2003 You have a filter moving certain e-mails to another folder? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. ...

Strange OWA problem
Hi, One of my user reported a strange problem with OWA. The problem is: when she logs into OWA, she gets the OWA interface in duplicate side by side. As far as I know, she's the only one with that problem so I suspect it is something on her side. She has Win XP and IE6 and I run Exchange 2003 SP2 on Win 2003 SP1. Any idea what can cause this? And can we attach files to this NG? I'd like to post a screenshot she sent me. Simon Does she have any pop up blockers or software based firewalls at home? Also - if you use Outlook Express to connect, you can insert attachments jus...

Workflow doesn't update with record changes
I've created a service activity wait for workflow that sends the owner an email based on the following criteria: the scheduled date has passed, and the status reason is at "scheduled." If I change the time or date, the workflow still notifies the owner according to the date that was entered at the time of the activity's creation. Is there any way to change this feature? We create a number of service activites that have their scheduled start dates changed. Thanks, Sarah ...

Equation editor 01-19-10
I've typed equations using equation editor. They look fine on my screen. Why do some of them not print? The strange thing is to me that some do. What version of Word are you using? -- Bob Mathews Director of Training Design Science, Inc. bobm at dessci.com http://www.dessci.com/free.asp?free=news FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor On 19-Jan-2010, CKersch wrote: > I've typed equations using equation editor. They look fine on > my screen. Why do some of them not print? The strange ...

Help--Cell value automatically divided by 10
In XL2000, any numerical value entered into any cell is divided by 1 before being displayed--there are no formulas in cell. If a formula i written using that cell value (the real value), the correct number i used in the calculation (but not displayed correctly). XL is als SLOW--glacially slow as a matter of fact. If I save an XL file on this machine to a floppy and run it on anothe machine, it runs as expected--ie numbers are displayed as entered (onc corrected to the real number), and the program runs at normal speed. Any suggestions as to how to fix this install (and what happened in th f...

Need help with formula to weed out duplicates
Excel 2003 I receive information regarding patients in a hospital setting, the patient being identified by Medical Record Number. I need to know the number of pts on ventilators in a month, then the compliance to several different tasks/processes performed on those patients per month. (# of yes answers divided by the total number of pts) The problem is that a lot of the data received is on the same pt, repeated on different days. I have a formula to disregard the duplicate med rec numbers: =sumproduct((range<>"")/countif(range,range&"")) this ...

Access 2000 deleting records by itself (repost)
Hello again all, This is a repost as I thought the problem was solved. I have just upgraded, migrated, moved my data to Access 2000 from Access 97. went through repairs and compacting the db as well as running the security wizard to allow others to use the database. One problem has persisted that is that Access2k is deleting records every once in a while. No pattern to the deletes. Access is not removing the record from the table only placing "#Delete" in each field and leaving the record there. even the "Key Field" has the "#Delete" in it. the frontends we...

Duplicate and all company Emails in Queue
Dear All, we are facing with duplicate and all company (e.g Confidentials etc) emails are comming in our Support Queue. How to stop this flow of emails as we would like to see ONLY Case related & Support Queue emails. we are using MS CRM 3.0 (Service Module). you early response will be much appriciated. Regards, Syed. ...

Automatically Duplicate Rows based on Volume.
Hello, Below is a sample of a 200 row file I am working with. LaneID O Zip D Zip Volume 1 44805 24210 18 2 44805 44309 12 What I need to do is duplicate the rows based on the volume for that lane, so I can load it into an analysis tool we use. The manual process I am currently using is to insert 17 rows after Lane ID 1 and fill down the information so I have a total of 18 rows for that lane. Doing that for over 200 rows is quite tedious! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could set up a macro or something so it would automatically look at t...