Domain Trusts and the SFO Client

Hi;

Does anyone have a definitive answer on the types of trust required when
installing the SFO Client into a domain other than the CRM domain?  Does it
require a trust at all, and if so can it be a one-way (the CRM domain
trusting the non-CRM domain) or must it be a two-way?

I've read a lot of conflicting posts and have my own opinion, but just
wondering if there is an 'official' stance on this?

Thanks very much,

Dave Ireland
Salentica Systems Inc.

0
Dave
7/12/2005 7:11:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_0001_5AD4E092

Hi Dave~

You should be able to set up a one-way trust where the CRM domain trusts
the SFO users in the other domain. However in an organization that has
multiple Active Directory domains, Microsoft CRM Server is typically
installed on only one of the domains. Users assigned to the domains other
than the one where Microsoft CRM Server is installed may want to use
Microsoft CRM Server. To allow these users access to the computer running
Microsoft CRM Server, they must be added to the Microsoft SQL Server
security for the Microsoft CRM Server databases. To add users from other
Active Directory domains to the Microsoft CRM databases, add a prefix to
the domain user's name of those domain users being added to the Microsoft
CRM database security.

***Add users from other Active Directory domains***
1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
2. Expand to Security/Logins for the SQL Server that contains the Microsoft
CRM databases.
3. Add <domainname>\<prefix>domain users as a login.
4. On the Database Access tab, select both the MSCRM and Metabase databases
and set the access level to the default
value.
5. Repeat for each domain.

Regards,

Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:
BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_5AD4E092

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Dave~
\par
\par You should be able to set up a one-way trust where the CRM domain trusts the SFO users in the other domain. However in an organization that has multiple Active Directory domains, Microsoft CRM Server is typically installed on only one of the domains. Users assigned to the domains other than the one where Microsoft CRM Server is installed may want to use Microsoft CRM Server. To allow these users access to the computer running Microsoft CRM Server, they must be added to the Microsoft SQL Server security for the Microsoft CRM Server databases. To add users from other Active Directory domains to the Microsoft CRM databases, add a prefix to the domain user's name of those domain users being added to the Microsoft CRM database security.
\par
\par ***Add users from other Active Directory domains***
\par 1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
\par 2. Expand to Security/Logins for the SQL Server that contains the Microsoft CRM databases.
\par 3. Add <domainname>\\<prefix>domain users as a login.
\par 4. On the Database Access tab, select both the MSCRM and Metabase databases and set the access level to the default
\par value.
\par 5. Repeat for each domain.
\par
\par Regards,
\par
\par Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. \'a9 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_5AD4E092--

0
snulph
7/13/2005 3:22:46 PM
Shawn

I think the question was to do with the domain the SFO computers are joined
to, not the user accounts.

that is-  what trusts are necessary between CRM_Domain and the
SFO_Machines_Domain?

Peter

"Shawn Nulph" <snulph@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dave~
>
> You should be able to set up a one-way trust where the CRM domain trusts
> the SFO users in the other domain. However in an organization that has
> multiple Active Directory domains, Microsoft CRM Server is typically
> installed on only one of the domains. Users assigned to the domains other
> than the one where Microsoft CRM Server is installed may want to use
> Microsoft CRM Server. To allow these users access to the computer running
> Microsoft CRM Server, they must be added to the Microsoft SQL Server
> security for the Microsoft CRM Server databases. To add users from other
> Active Directory domains to the Microsoft CRM databases, add a prefix to
> the domain user's name of those domain users being added to the Microsoft
> CRM database security.
>
> ***Add users from other Active Directory domains***
> 1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
> 2. Expand to Security/Logins for the SQL Server that contains the
> Microsoft
> CRM databases.
> 3. Add <domainname>\<prefix>domain users as a login.
> 4. On the Database Access tab, select both the MSCRM and Metabase
> databases
> and set the access level to the default
> value.
> 5. Repeat for each domain.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
> rights.
> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.

0
Peter
7/13/2005 4:06:33 PM
Right, thanks Peter, and thanks Shawn.

as an example... Suppose I have an office in Canada with an AD domain and
the CRM installed into it.  Most users access the CRM from inside the
Canadian domain, so life is simple. But if we open a new office in the UK,
with it's own domain (not part of the Canadian forest at all) and we would
like to let the UK users access our CRM using SFO, what level of Domain
trust would be required between Canada and the UK?  It would be a one-way at
a minimum (the UK domain would have to trust the Canadian domain), but just
wondering if a 2-way is required (hoping not).

Thanks again gents.

Dave

"Peter Lynch" <peter.lynch@optevia.com.SPAMFREE> wrote in message
> Shawn
>
> I think the question was to do with the domain the SFO computers are
> joined to, not the user accounts.
>
> that is-  what trusts are necessary between CRM_Domain and the
> SFO_Machines_Domain?
>
> Peter
>

> "Shawn Nulph" <snulph@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Dave~
>>
>> You should be able to set up a one-way trust where the CRM domain trusts
>> the SFO users in the other domain. However in an organization that has
>> multiple Active Directory domains, Microsoft CRM Server is typically
>> installed on only one of the domains. Users assigned to the domains other
>> than the one where Microsoft CRM Server is installed may want to use
>> Microsoft CRM Server. To allow these users access to the computer running
>> Microsoft CRM Server, they must be added to the Microsoft SQL Server
>> security for the Microsoft CRM Server databases. To add users from other
>> Active Directory domains to the Microsoft CRM databases, add a prefix to
>> the domain user's name of those domain users being added to the Microsoft
>> CRM database security.
>>
>> ***Add users from other Active Directory domains***
>> 1. Open Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager.
>> 2. Expand to Security/Logins for the SQL Server that contains the
>> Microsoft
>> CRM databases.
>> 3. Add <domainname>\<prefix>domain users as a login.
>> 4. On the Database Access tab, select both the MSCRM and Metabase
>> databases
>> and set the access level to the default
>> value.
>> 5. Repeat for each domain.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
>>
>> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>>
>> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
>> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
>> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
>> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
>> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to
>> all
>> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>>
>> This and other support options are available here:
>> BCPS:
>> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
>> Others:
>> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>>
>> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
>> Support page:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
>> rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All
>> rights
>> reserved.

0
Dave
7/13/2005 7:54:35 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_6682A2DE

Hi All,

Thanks for the posts.  My name is Mike and I am reponding on Shawn's behalf.

If your Organization has multiple Active Directory forests and your CRM
users will be spead throughout each forest you will need to pay special
attention to trusts between forests.  The Active Directory domain that
hosts CRM must have an explicit trust to the domains in each forest that
will contain CRM users.  (page 34 of the Implementation Guide).

I hope that this answers your question.  If not please post back and we can
try again.

Kind regards,
Mike Christl

Microsoft Online Partner Support

confers no rights.
You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft
Corporation. All rights
reserved.
------=_NextPart_0001_6682A2DE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi All,
\par
\par Thanks for the posts.  My name is Mike and I am reponding on Shawn's behalf.
\par
\par If your Organization has multiple Active Directory forests and your CRM users will be spead throughout each forest you will need to pay special attention to trusts between forests.  The Active Directory domain that hosts CRM must have an explicit trust to the domains in each forest that will contain CRM users.  (page 34 of the Implementation Guide).
\par
\par I hope that this answers your question.  If not please post back and we can try again.
\par
\par Kind regards,
\par Mike Christl
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
\par confers no rights.
\par You assume all risk for your use. \'a9 2005 Microsoft
\par Corporation. All rights
\par reserved.
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6682A2DE--

0
mchristl
7/15/2005 9:49:15 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_798EF30C

Hi Dave~

Sorry for the confusion with the user/machine domain accounts. If you are
only concerned about the trusts between the SFO client computer and the
domain the CRM server is installed into you will not need to have any
trusts setup. However, keep in mind, you will need to establish trusts for
any domains that the CRM users are part of if they are not included in the
CRM domain. Since users would not be able to log into their domain from the
client computer if no trusts were setup you would have to use Windows
Keyring in the Control Panel to add the user's login credentials for the
CRM server. Once that has been setup SFO should work.

Let me know if I answered your question correctly.

[...]

\par Sorry for the confusion with the user/machine domain accounts. If you are only concerned about the trusts between the SFO client computer and the domain the CRM server is installed into you will not need to have any trusts setup. However, keep in mind, you will need to establish trusts for any domains that the CRM users are part of if they are not included in the CRM domain. Since users would not be able to log into their domain from the client computer if no trusts were setup you would have to use Windows Keyring in the Control Panel to add the user's login credentials for the CRM server. Once that has been setup SFO should work.
\par
\par Let me know if I answered your question correctly.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_798EF30C--

0
snulph
7/19/2005 2:34:57 PM
I've created a user and need to amend the domain name login - once the user
is saved I cannot amend this field.  I cannot delete the user and if I
disable the account I cannot create another with the same name.

Can anyone suggest a work around for this or advise how to delete the users
account.

--

"Wrote by Fredrik"

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi Dave~
>
> Sorry for the confusion with the user/machine domain accounts. If you are
> only concerned about the trusts between the SFO client computer and the
> domain the CRM server is installed into you will not need to have any
> trusts setup. However, keep in mind, you will need to establish trusts for
> any domains that the CRM users are part of if they are not included in the
> CRM domain. Since users would not be able to log into their domain from the
> client computer if no trusts were setup you would have to use Windows
> Keyring in the Control Panel to add the user's login credentials for the
> CRM server. Once that has been setup SFO should work.
>
> Let me know if I answered your question correctly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved
Hi Shawn
       I am facing problem installing SFO client from a machine in a
different domain then the CRM. My CRM is on ABC domain and the client PC is
on XYZ domain. There is no trust relationship between these doamins / domain
users. I am able to ping the CRM server. Now can you pls tell me
1. what kind of user trust relationship is needed between these domain /
domain users?
2. For adding the domain users to the CRM SQL server what prefix should be
added ? can I add any prefix? for e.g. is I have a USR1 on domain XYZ then
how should the user be added to the SQL SERVER

"Shawn Nulph" wrote:

> Hi Dave~
>
> Sorry for the confusion with the user/machine domain accounts. If you are
> only concerned about the trusts between the SFO client computer and the
> domain the CRM server is installed into you will not need to have any
> trusts setup. However, keep in mind, you will need to establish trusts for
> any domains that the CRM users are part of if they are not included in the
> CRM domain. Since users would not be able to log into their domain from the
> client computer if no trusts were setup you would have to use Windows
> Keyring in the Control Panel to add the user's login credentials for the
> CRM server. Once that has been setup SFO should work.
>
> Let me know if I answered your question correctly.
>
> Regards,
>
> Shawn Nulph | Microsoft CRM | Microsoft Business Solutions
>
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>
> This and other support options are available here:
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>
> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved

combo box, how to limit to client table
I have the following tables: CLIENT, EMPLOYEE, OFFICE LOCATION. I have a one to many relationship with the client> employee and client>office location. Now i can associate all the clients employees as well as the clients locations. On my employee form i would like to have a drop down box that shows all the clients office locations. so i can specify which office the employee is located. think i have to run a query, then limit the list to the client ID???? am i on the right track??? help thaks. bl -- brandon Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Fo...

Can I add a domain to the Blocked Senders list?
I am just getting used to Outlook 2003 and trying to make use of the SP{AM filter. I see that when I right click on a message that one of the options id to add a sender to the "Blocked Senders List" Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Thanks Dunc Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? There is an easy way, if you're running Outlook 2003+SP1. Dunc wrote: > Is there a way that I can also include the option to block a domain? Right-click on any e-mail, choose (menu) Junk Mail, Junk Mail...

Need help with CACL's between two domain
I have a question that perhaps someone can help answer. We have a production domain and a test domain and there exists a one way trust where test trusts production. While logged onto my production XP Pro PC I used a RUN AS to open a command windows using my production domain administrator's account and then attempted to run the following CACL's command involving a folder and a user account in our test environment. cacls \\c1app422\users\id99998 /T /E /G CFTDomain\id99998:c /r "CFDomain\Domain Users" When run, the program it retuns an error message "No mappi...

SFO without msde?
Is there a way to use the Sales for Outlook user interface without the msde database that is downloaded locally? I'd like to get some of the SFO functionality with Terminal Services/Citrix, but I understand the geniuses at Microsoft wrote CRM to use only one msde instance per computer. Hi Michael: You are correct and we are struggling with the same thing. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to use the core of the SFO objects in a Citrix environment. Not having the MSDE component would rule-out going off-line, but our (potential) client is ok with that as long as they can ...

Sharing CRM SFO on a single PC
I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered that a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other licensed users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs SFO but not for any other user who logs on at that PC. An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me that: “Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine, there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one user. The second user will need to use the Web interface.” Is this is most de...

block sender domain
I have blocked senders like anne@directmarketing.com, bill@directmarket.com, charlie@directmarkup.com. I know how to block entire domains, editing blocked senders under the junk tab. How about allowing the use of wildcards to block "@direct*.*" (which would take care of all of the above examples.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Data from Server to Client making it
I'm using the CSocket,CSocketFile,CArchive model as described in this article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_windows_sockets.3a_.sequence_of_operations.as I am using CArchive::Write() (on a CArchive created with the nMode==CArchive::store) and CArchive::Flush() to transfer data It works for sending data from the server to the client but not in reverse. The Flush() on the server triggers an OnReceive() on the client, but a Flush() on the client doesn't trigger an OnReceive() on the server. I guess I'm missing a minor detail...

CRM 4 Outlook Client
Hello, We have tried installing the Outlook Client on a number of workstatons. All without success. The workstations have been eith XP or Vista 32 bit with Outlook 2007. We enable the client is enabled using the configuration tool. Next time Outlook is opened it shuts almost immediately. If we diable the client Outlook operates normally again. We get the follwoing in the Application event log on the client: ..NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.312 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (79FF29A7) (80131506) Any suggestions? Many thanks, Marcus Robinson -- MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk ...

Multiple domains displayed from within outlook
Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from within the same outlook mailbox? -KJK You can only have one Exchange account but you can certainly open multiple inboxes and Exchange certainly supports more than one mail domain. You'll need to clarify your question if you want more specifics. Nue "KJK" <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1013E372-AF26-4880-9507-AC2436F3FB15@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way to display 2 different domains from > within > the same outlook mailbox? > > -KJK ...

Error when attempting to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook
Hello. I am having a lot of trouble installing the CRM 3.0 Laptop Client for Outlook. Here are my error messages: Error reading from file D:\PFiles\MSCRM\Client\res\web\_controls \htmlbar\_imgs\cmd-unsubscribeLink.gif. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallClientAction failed. Fatal error during installation I can browse to the location mentioned in the first error and find the file, however, I cannot open it within Adobe or other similar products. There are two more .gif images with the same problem as well (cmd-subscript and ...

Removing a Server from a Domain
I have an old 1.2 test server that's connected to our domain. I didn't setup this server and no one has used it in 8 months. Can I just unplug it from the domain/network? Thanks James Yes, if you're sure that the machine isn't being used for anything else (e.g. SQL, file server). CRM 1.2 also did quite a few things to Active Directory- lots of nested groups - so you may want to clean that up as well, if you haven't already done so. And It also used SQL replication to synchronize with clients, so if you don't want to use replication, you should consider cleaning...

Domain not allowed error
Suddenly this morning, new emails I'm trying to send out are coming back with the following mesage 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I've changed nothing since last night and things were working fine then. Any ideas out there? Thanks!! ED You're ISP may have changed their outgoing mail (SMTP) server settings. I'd guess that you need to set up authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Server" tab of your account. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "A...

replicate Public folders from Ex2003 to Ex2003 in the same domain
I am trying to replicate my Public Folders from our old Exchange 2003 server to a new Exchange 2003 server. I can move the mailboxes with no problems, but the public folders will not replicate from the old server to the new one. If I create a new public folder on the new server, it replicates to the old server with no problem. The 2 servers are in the same domain, but one is located in a different state. We have a WAN setup between the 2 offices. The old exchange server is a domain controller and the new one is not. I have a separate server that is a Domain controller and all AD functio...

Datamigration and SFO
Hi, We have a client that has been working away in web client and SFO, synchronizing, using imported data (via dmf). They have now turned around and wanted more data imported. We have completed this and now all SFO clients are not able to go offline. They are giving several errors such as "Retry or contact system administrator". Then it is showing SFO as offline and then will not let the online process commence without errors. Everything is working fine in the web part. Would it be to do with the data migration after users are synching? Has anyone seen this? Any help greatly ...

dead Domain Controller
Our company has three DCs (2 in our main office and 1 in via WAN). The hard drive in one of the DCs (main office) died yesterday. We have a copy of that DC from a week ago. If we simply replace the drive will it sync up OK with the two working DCs or can it cause problems with our AD? Hello Don, Images or snapshots are not supported ways of backup for Active directory, this will result in USN rollbacks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875495 If you don't have an AD aware backup please cleanup AD database from the old DC and add a new DC to the domain, after cleanup you c...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

Mailboxes are not being created for Users in a Child Domain
Hi We recently created a child domain to our main corporate domain. We moved a number of people to the child domain from the main domain using the Active Directory Migration wizard. We only have one Windows 2003 Exchange server SP2. All of the people who were moved can access there email with no problems. However when I use Active directory Users and computers tool in the new Child Domain to create new users and mailboxes the mailboxes are not being created. After I have created the user and asked for a mailbox to be setup I can see all the appropriate Tabs under the propertie...

Cannot acess Exchange 2003 from another domain
I have a domain ABC running W2K3 Server Enterprise; another machine running W2K Server + Exchange 2000 in another Domain CDE. There is not any trust relationship between both domain. Users in domain ABC are used to access their email accounts in domain CDE by having the same user name and password in both domain. They login in domain ABC, and then use outlook to connect to the Exchange 2000 in domain CDE. They use in this way for years without any problem. Now the problems cames when i setup another machines with W2K3 server + Exchange 2003 in another New Domain FGH. Users in domain AB...

HELP: Second Internet domain for SBS Exchange 2000?
Hello, I manage a small SBS 2000 network. The company manages it's email with Exchange. However, I have one user with a separate Internet domain who I need to setup to receive ALL email (catch all) in his Exchange mailbox sent to that domain. Also, the other users at the company will never need to have email addresses for the second Internet domain....just the one person. I've tried creating a separate storage group, but that doesn't seem possible with SBS. Also, I'd like his Primary Email address to be an email address for the second domain, not the main domain of...

Vista, Access 2007, SQL Server 2005, Native Client, ODBC: slow for
Hi, I have been reading the other treads about slow performance in a Access 2007 application; I have a similar thou different problem. My application worked fine and fast in Access 2003 and Windows XP. In the resent months we upgraded our notebooks and workstations to Vista, SQL server to 2005 and Office to 2007. It is very hard to exactly determine when the troubles started and what is causing it. The problem only occurs in some forms which use a larger table (35,000 rows, not realy large). The problem is as follows: When I open the form with Inventory items it opens quickly, even wit...

Auto track emails from one specific client
Using built-in CRM functionality, is it possible to track ALL email's inbound from a specific email address (Joe@BarandGrill.com). The tought is that I want to decide what emails are tracked most of the time (by using the track in CRM button). But for some vendors I want ALL inbound to be tracked without user intervention. Could I manually build a rule to forward to the CRM Exchange router to make this happen? Or would those messages just be "flushed"? LDB ...

domain user, Outlook, password
a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them not being authenicated from the domain, but I'm not sure. Can you respond with the possibilities and some solutions. "mrosinbaum" <mrosinbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AC0A64-0C48-44F7-BF3E-2E4835F35C01@microsoft.com... >a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time > they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them &g...

Access CRM Templates from Outlook Client
Hi: I see it written in CRM Help: Microsoft CRM mail folders You can use the Microsoft CRM folders to create and access records in Outlook and Microsoft CRM that use the Microsoft CRM activity forms. If you create records when you are working offline, they are synchronized to the Microsoft CRM server when you go online. This method gives you other conveniences, such as access to e-mail templates. Do you know the steps to access the CRM templates from Outlook? Thanks, Chris ...

Why do I add "trusted sites" if it still wants my input to allow t
It is pointless and incredibly annoying to have to answer that , yes, I want to open the site I just asked to open when I have gone to the trouble of adding it as "trusted". I open a new IE8 window, I select a site from my favorites, it tells me that it's trying to open a site that is on my trusted sites list. Look, if the program isn't going to allow "trusted sites" to be truly trusted, don't offer the option. If I don't trust it, it won't be listed, if I do trust it I'm going to allow it, DUH. Hi, Many sites are now using sub-do...

Make client area of frame view a certain (fixed) size (AdjustWindowRectEx problem)
Hello, I'm trying to port a program written in raw Win32 (so I can ask for help regarding it here) to MFC and I've run into a problem. The program is supposed to be fixed in size and the client area must be of size 400 * 400. The Win32-program uses AdjustWindowRectEx() to calculate the needed width and height that should be passed to CreateWindow() when the main window (which is, in fact, the only window in the program) is created and that works fine. My MFC version is an SDI-program without doc/view support but the frame window does have a view. So I tried to call ::AdjustWind...