Does the administrator have to take up a license?

Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the System
Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial setup?

It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for the
Administrator.

0
Jake
2/10/2004 11:01:04 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

no the admin doesn't need a license......but when you log on to your CRM
server, make sure that person has a license AND admin rights (other wise you
won't be able to run Deployment Manager and various other CRM tasks).

-Gary

"Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the
System
> Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial setup?
>
> It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for the
> Administrator.

0
Gary
2/10/2004 11:24:40 PM
The admin does require a license, however it does not eat up one of the
licenses that you pay for. So, if you have a 25 license pack, you actually
get 26 but the 26th one is required for the admin account.

Rick.

"Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the
System
> Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial setup?
>
> It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for the
> Administrator.

0
Rick
2/11/2004 3:35:14 PM
you sure about that? I removed the licnese from admin because it did eat up
one of them, and I havn't had any problems....

-Gary

"Rick" <rick@prairiefyre.com> wrote in message
> The admin does require a license, however it does not eat up one of the
> licenses that you pay for. So, if you have a 25 license pack, you actually
> get 26 but the 26th one is required for the admin account.
>
> Rick.
>
> "Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the
> System
> > Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial setup?
> >
> > It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for the
> > Administrator.

0
Gary
2/11/2004 5:11:28 PM
yup. I saw the same behaviour using both our real license and the adventure
works license. In fact, if i look at my user list in the settings->Business
Unit settings right now, I can see 26 users for a 25 user license, where one
is the admin (the account created at install time that is the administrative
account that used to perform the install) and all are assigned the same
professional suite license. If you were experiencing something different I
would suggest getting to the bottom of it with MBS because you are
essentially losing one license to the administrator whom by definition will
not be a user of the system.

Rick.

"Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> you sure about that? I removed the licnese from admin because it did eat
up
> one of them, and I havn't had any problems....
>
> -Gary
>
> "Rick" <rick@prairiefyre.com> wrote in message
> > The admin does require a license, however it does not eat up one of the
> > licenses that you pay for. So, if you have a 25 license pack, you
actually
> > get 26 but the 26th one is required for the admin account.
> >
> > Rick.
> >
> > "Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the
> > System
> > > Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial
setup?

> > > It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for
the
> > > Administrator.

0
Rick
2/11/2004 6:06:52 PM
hmmm, under my Business Units I do show the admin user AND my full user
base, so that does exceed my license count, but under the admin, I can't
assign him a license.......

:(

> yup. I saw the same behaviour using both our real license and the
adventure
> works license. In fact, if i look at my user list in the
settings->Business
> Unit settings right now, I can see 26 users for a 25 user license, where
one
> is the admin (the account created at install time that is the
administrative
> account that used to perform the install) and all are assigned the same
> professional suite license. If you were experiencing something different I
> would suggest getting to the bottom of it with MBS because you are
> essentially losing one license to the administrator whom by definition
will
> not be a user of the system.
>
> Rick.
>
> "Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> > you sure about that? I removed the licnese from admin because it did eat
> up
> > one of them, and I havn't had any problems....
> >
> > -Gary
> >
> > "Rick" <rick@prairiefyre.com> wrote in message
> > > The admin does require a license, however it does not eat up one of
the
> > > licenses that you pay for. So, if you have a 25 license pack, you
> actually
> > > get 26 but the 26th one is required for the admin account.
> > >
> > > Rick.
> > >
> > > "Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > System
> setup?

> the

0
Gary
2/11/2004 6:17:08 PM
Rick,

The Professional level licenses include an extra license for the
Integration User that is needed for the supplied GP integration.  That
might be what you are seeing.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:06:52 -0500, "Rick" <rick@prairiefyre.com>
wrote:

yup. I saw the same behaviour using both our real license and the
adventure
works license. In fact, if i look at my user list in the
settings->Business
Unit settings right now, I can see 26 users for a 25 user license,
where one
is the admin (the account created at install time that is the
administrative
account that used to perform the install) and all are assigned the
same
professional suite license. If you were experiencing something
different I
would suggest getting to the bottom of it with MBS because you are
essentially losing one license to the administrator whom by definition
will
not be a user of the system.

Rick.

"Gary" <gary.rey@virtium.com> wrote in message
> you sure about that? I removed the licnese from admin because it did eat
up
> one of them, and I havn't had any problems....
>
> -Gary
>
> "Rick" <rick@prairiefyre.com> wrote in message
> > The admin does require a license, however it does not eat up one of the
> > licenses that you pay for. So, if you have a 25 license pack, you
actually
> > get 26 but the 26th one is required for the admin account.
> >
> > Rick.
> >
> > "Jake Horn" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > Does the administrator require its own license, or can you assign the
> > System
> > > Administrator to a user and remove the license after the initial
setup?

> > > It seems a bit bad for a company to have to buy an extra license for
the
> > > Administrator.

0
Matt

licensing #2
I own the full versions of mac office 2004, and want to purchase a laptop for my home base business for when I travel - maybe 4 times a year. Do I have to purchase another full versions of this, or can I use the same osftware on my laptop as well, as long as both computers are not running at the same time? In article <1193669909.062550.272020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, dtressler@conceptoneinc.com wrote: > I own the full versions of mac office 2004, and want to purchase a > laptop for my home base business for when I travel - maybe 4 times a > year. Do I have to purchas...

Outlook/Exchange Licensing
With our Enterprise edition of Exchange Server 2003 we purchased all of the CAL's we required for out network. There seems to be a bit of confusion regarding Outlook 2003. Some people state that we are now licensed to use Outlook 2003 as long as we own an Exchange 2003 CAL. Others say that Outlook 2003 is not licensed for use with Exchange 2003. Could somebody please shed some light on this question? Thanks. You should always verify licensing questions with your local Microsoft licensing rep or value added reseller, but the general rule of thumb with Exchange is that the CAL has alwa...

Problem Adding License in CRM 3.0
We have purchased 2 licenses for CRM Professional and I have added one of them fine. The only odd thing is that after adding this license I have lost the users snap-in in the deployment manager. I have tryed adding the second license but is coming up with adding license failed - please check event log. ( All attempts have been logged in with administrator which is the same user that installed CRM!) I have then checked the event log to find that it is coming up with event ID : 17160 IsCRMSysAdmin : WhoAmI Failed Is there anything I can do to add this license as it is rather urgent. I am...

OWA version and license
I am looking to implement OWA and am not sure of the correct route to take. Exchange 2003 Standard? Exchange 2003 Enterprise? We currently have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server for our internal email. Do I just need a single Server license, since OWA connects as annonymous? Thanks in advance! Use Exchange Standard for OWA on your frontend servers. No need to pay for Enterprise. This will be a separate license from your existing box. If you are really tight on the budget you could directly connect to OWA on your backend server. Although this is not recommended. "Darren" <...

Valid License Combinations
Hi, Some questions about licenses 1. To use the Workflow manager, you must have at least 1 professional license 2. In the Deploymet Manager helpfile"DMSnapin.chm" found that you can't combine standard licenses and Professional licenses of the same type License Sales Standard Sales Professional Customer Service Standard Customer Service Professional Suite Standard Suite Professional Sales Standard NC NO YES YES YES NO Sales Professional NO NC YES YES NO YES Customer Service Standard YES YES N...

Deleted User, Lost License
I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their CRM license, and now CRM will not let me remove the license for that user because the user no longer exists. Anyone know how I can reclaim the orphaned license? Thanks, -Jeff Hi Jeff One solution is this: -Open Deployment Manager and go to License Manager -Remove your CRM License -Add you CRM License back -Open CRM and assign License to all users who need them Regards Dan "JeffW" wrote: > I accidentally deleted a user from Active Directory prior to removing their > CRM license, and now CRM w...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

free license no privacy vista version
let vista license be about buying privacy, having a free version with a no privacy with the ability to download test software, and partner demos based on profiles from free client. also 25 percent of free harddrive space under microsoft control for downloading, and marketing microsoft, and partners products. this would be the default mode of vista licence, for private vista, it would be bought and paid for online, tied to user profile, with encrypted, and backedup on online with microsoft. so if its lost or corrupted, then it can be downloaded from microsoft, and installed like an up...

Vista sp1 takes more then 24 hours..
Hello, I've a question... I'm trying to install SP1 for Vista...but its now already more then 24 hours busy. My laptop is restarting every 3 minutes and after that says again : 'fase 3 from 3 0%' and after a few minutes 99% I don't think it's normal that it takes this long, is it? what can i do? (sorry for my bad english) thnx already for the help greets Charley Is SP1 being offered by Windows Update or are you attempting to install it manually? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What a...

How long does it take to install CRM 3.0?
Hi, I was wondering how long it would take to install CRM 3.0, it would be great to get a time for the small business edition and a time for the professional edition. Thanks a lot. Aleksey Are you talking about just installing the actual software without any customization and without the OS and other required software (SQL SERVER, sharepoint...)? IB Systems wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering how long it would take to install CRM 3.0, it would be > great to get a time for the small business edition and a time for the > professional edition. Thanks a lot. > Aleksey > Hi Alek...

SQL
I have a field called daReportCreated which holds the date where the record is created. The date format is in dansih like this - 31-12-2007 15:08:00 I would like to take out the day+month and then count which day each year that have the most records. I found this help - SELECT DATE(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP); - returns a date (2004-06-22) But i don't know how to use it. Get the count of records for each day SELECT DateValue(daReportCreated) as TheDate , Count(daReportCreated) as TheCount FROM YourTable GROUP BY DateValue(daReportCreated) Get the maximum Count per year SELECT Year(TheDate)...

Download a purchased license of Office 2008 for Mac on Macbook Air
I purchased student edition of Office 2008 for Mac for my son. He has no external harddrive to install the DVD. Can he install the product from the web with the part number on the DVD? Thanks for advice. On 7/15/08 3:53 PM, in article 4D1114AD-1FB6-421A-946B-D97AFE5E705F@microsoft.com, "MacMom" <MacMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I purchased student edition of Office 2008 for Mac for my son. He has no > external harddrive to install the DVD. Can he install the product from the > web with the part number on the DVD? Thanks for advice. I assume he...

Office 2004 license upgrade from single to three
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have a single lic of Office 2004. I have one on my laptop and one on my desktop. I got a new laptop so I moved the old one to home. Now at home I have a desktop and laptop connected via airport. When I start Office on one and the other is on I get a lic error. Makes sense since they are both on now, as compared to before when I only used one at a time. Question: How can I upgrade the lic to have three machines running Office 2004 without upgrading to Office 2008 ? Hi Trey - AFAIK there is no way to "upgr...

Errors at ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool.
Dear colleagues, We've met problems trying remote wipe feature at ActiveSync Mobile Administration Web tool. Namely we've received the following error after entering smtp address to lookup list of devices: Server Error in '/MobileAdmin' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Enumerator is positioned before the first item or after the last item. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it o...

License question
I have upgraded from Office X to Office 2004. Without reading through all the legalese, I need to find out if I can transfer the old Office X to another person. In other words, can I remove Office X from my Mac, give the CD to someone else and let him install and register it? Yes you can. There is no activation for Office X. Just give the person the box, cds and the key. Its fine. "Tom McCatherine" <tmccat@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:BD070C4A.319B%tmccat@worldnet.att.net... > I have upgraded from Office X to Office 2004. > > Without reading through al...

Can't remove license from user
I get an error message when I try to remove a license from a user "the selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and active directory" The user does still have an active directory account and I don't know where to find it in the database If anyone can help, I am sure I am not the only one with this issue look for a post made at 4.04pm in this news group, explains it all. "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:118DF4C6-24F5-4D65-9C36-93563DBC1301@microsoft.com... > I get an error mess...

Exchange Licenses
We have a 25 client license NT 4 Backoffice server, primarily used as our domain controller and Exchange 5.5 server. We are nearing 25 users of Exchange. Are the licenses controlled by the number of client licenses for our server? I havent found a way to tell me the number of avalaible licenses in exchange. In fact I have more than 25 mailboxes created. If needed can I still purchase for this? Thanks Back Office licenses encompass Exchange, server CAL, etc. Excahnge is not lciensed per mailbox, but rather per user or device accessing it. I believe you can still a Windows Core CAL and ...

Exchange 2007 License question
I recently became responsible for our email system. I know we purchased 50 user cals however our former email admin really flubed the install of exchange then moved users to that server. My question is this: Is there a way to se how many users that server will accept. On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 06:06:01 -0700, cowen <cowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently became responsible for our email system. I know we purchased 50 >user cals however our former email admin really flubed the install of >exchange then moved users to that server. My question is this: Is there a way ...

OE takes an age to load
Up until just recently OE has loaded immediately (well, pretty much)but now it's taking an age. Known to take more than five minutes. Sometimes I am told I have no mail to read but if I try to click close it won't and the system has stalled in the past. I have deleated all unwanted mail from all files, including the deleated ones. We use (NTL) broadband with XP. Please can you help? It's getting to the point where I won't check my mail. Thanks to all in advance. Linda "Linda" <lThis is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook E...

Hosting Exchange Services Licensing
So my I.T. company inherited a copy of Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition from another company that went bankrupt. We currently host multiple websites on our Server 2000 machines and would like to now offer email for our customers. The service we would like to offer these customers is OWA access. No POP3. I am slightly confused as to what licenses we would need to acquire to be 'legal'. I have looked on Microsoft's website and am even more confused. From what I read, Exchange 2000 Enterprise Ed. only supports per seat licensing. Each CAL runs approximately $67.00. Am I correct...

Attachments take a long time to load
Before I got my smart phone I had POP 3 and had no probs opening large vid attachments. 2-7 MB (Very Fast) or large text attachments in Outlook. Once I got the Smt. Ph I had to change to IMAP settings and have had numerous probs. I don't understand why it takes so long to open an attachment or the screen freezes in Outlook. Do I have a glitch, need to uninstall & reinstall, I think the install disk has a repair option go that route? Or is it just because this is a Gmail account which I have heard can give you fits. My ISP server is Clearwire. -- Microsoft Office 2003...

How do I determine if msdn or license volume copy is installed
I want to verify if the SQL 2005 enterprise is installed using a MSDN or volume license copy disc If MSDN was used, will it expired? Version shows 9.00.3042.00. Thanks, Tnt ...

License Key for Adventure Works Cycle
I'm not sure if it's legal to ask on here, but I have tossed the paper work that came with my cds assuming i could get the license key off the MSDN site for Pro Suite version 1.2. (Apparently you can't) I still have 1.0 but don't even have the upgrade key to go the long way and set up my demo machine. For the sake of time (I've placed a call to tech support but we all know how long that could take) is anyone willing to share this info with me? ------=_NextPart_0001_08EF7B17 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The CRM Implementation Guide has a ...

Clipboard taking screenshots instead of copying
One of my users, Excel 2003, is highlighting rows/columns of data and then hits CTRL+C, which copies the data. In the clipboard, he notices that once he has copied data, if he hits the up or down keys, a screenshot is taken and placed in the clipboard. Is this normal? Is there any way to turn this off? ...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...