Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?

Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

No, the AD schema is not extended.  It simply creates an add'l Organization
Unit and some security groups under that OU.  No changes that can't be
simply undone...

"Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?

0
Chris
9/18/2007 12:29:00 PM
thanks Chris

Rifat Yavuz

"Chris Resch" wrote:

> No, the AD schema is not extended.  It simply creates an add'l Organization
> Unit and some security groups under that OU.  No changes that can't be
> simply undone...
>
> "Rifat Yavuz" <Rifat Yavuz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Q. Does Microsoft CRM 3.0 extend the Active Directory schema?

Connecting different crm
Hi, I'm a graduate student and I choose to do a 'crm' subject...well. I'm regretting this choice every single second of the last 10weeks... Anyway... I'm doing a project on how to connect different CRM within an organization and between two different organizations... What I do not really understand is how this thing works... So far I understood there are two different main areas to look if you want to connect different CRM systems: 1) Products like fusion, websphere, netweaver and others as middleware 2) The languages those different products are talking like XML, .Ne...

Ver 10 SP 3 Inventory Return drill down error
Hi Folks I am using ver 10 SP 3 and if I do a POP Inventory Return transaction and post it, when I try to drill down to it from the GL journal entry the system takes me to a Payables Payments Zoom window which is completely empty. I did a transaction post (not from a batch). Has anyone else seen this problem? Thanks Sheila ...

Vlookup across 3 worksheets
Hi, I know there are probably a 100 answer's already posted about this but I can't get one to match. I have a Vlookup formula that i can get to work looking across 2 worksheets but when i add the 3rd it says "too many arguments". my existing formula is: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A97,'sheet1'!$A$3:$AR$99,11,FALSE)),VLOOKUP($A97,'sheet2'!$A$4:$AR$98,11,FALSE),VLOOKUP($A97,'sheet1'!$A$3:$AR$99,11,FALSE)) I want to add sheet 3 in there but it returns the error. I'm using consistent formatting $'s & the worksheets are uniformly set o...

Error with Microsoft CRM add-in for outlook
It's on an XP, has rollup 2, and is on outlook 2007. I get the following error message on one of the computers at my office: Outlook experienced a serious problem with the 'microsoft crm outlook addin' add-in. And the following are in my event log: Accepted Safe Mode action : Microsoft Office Outlook. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6212.1000, stamp 46e03e45, faulting module crmaddin.dll, version 3.0.5300.1555, stamp 45e00303, debug? 0, fault address 0x00096834. Hanging application rundll32.exe, version 5.1.2600.2180, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, han...

Loan Calculator A Must Look!!! #3
Excellent resource on Loan calculation: http://cash-experts.com/LC.asp ...

creation of postmaster@[1.2.3.4]
bill creation postmaster@[1.2.3.4] Use Exchange 5.5 in, W2K SP 4 - I need to correct the name of my domain in DSBL, and I created in agreement with the document Q193316 the bill postmaster@[1.2.3.4] actually I already had an user bill that was not being used, and then I entered in way RAW of the exchange and I followed all of the procedures for the creation of the bill, and it was created but I don't get to send for this bill of another private e-mail no participant of the domain, how to correct to receive in this bill. ...

Multiple Activities Change Status (CRM 3.0) #2
Hello I am trying to close (save as completed) multiple activities instead of one at a time. I tried creating a rule in the workflow manager but couldn?t make it work. Help would be greatly appriciated. p.s. I actually found this question in the forum but I can?t see the answer, instead of text it says "This is a multi-part message in MIME format....." Should I be able to see full thread?? http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/33501071/multiple-activities-chang.aspx Best Regards, Haraldur EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free SharePoint Form Creator/Gen...

Missing Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library
This happens when anyone opens my file created in Excel 2000 with Excel XP instead. My file creates a word doc from excel. How can I modify my code below to make it able to differentiate between Microsoft Word 9.0 Object Library and the 10.0 Object Library Dim wrd As Word.Application Use late binding Dim wrd As Object Set wrd = CreateObject("Word.Application") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "LI" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

RMS 2.0 Matrix Question
In the Martix/Component Items Tab, you can choose the "Add Items" button and select to add an existing item. The problem is the item is added to the matrix without any information in the Dimension 1 field and you can't update that field. How can you create a matrix for existing items, with out recreating them from scratch? Recreating them looses all previous sales information. We did this frequently in 1.3 in cases where a non matrix item is now being offered in more than 1 size and now should be matrixed. Thanks, TomT ...

Cross Activities
I've been writing my own module for acitivities,..mainly it'll be the same as the one there is now, but I have a date field included and its sorted. So far I've only added this for the Account form. And I just noticed something odd when I finished today. Earlier this week I first found out that the activities listed in the Account form include activities from opportunities that are linked to the account. Great, fine, whatever. So I need to duplicate this in my modile, right? This is where it got strange. My code works, theirs doesn't. I noticed my module was displaying far mo...

Formatting Question #3
I need some help with the following: �Excel Version 2002� I hav inserted a Calendar Control into my spread sheet and linked it to cell. My problem is that I want the date selected within the calenda to return a date formatted as Monday, October 31, 2004. The linked cel is formatted correctly, however when selecting dates within th calendar, it will only return dates formatted as 10-31-2004. Thanks i advance for any help with this matter -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

RMS Version 3.0
Hi, is there any news about RMS Version 3.0? I can't find any information about a release date. Thanks, Timo I remember when participating in the 1.3 web cast MS also outlined the next version timelines. At that time release 3.0 was scheduled for the first quarter of 2008. Well, the quarter has come and gone and no word about 3.0. Nothing from my reseller either nor from the beta team (I had volunteered to become a beta tester). I just see my maintenance dollars wasted yet again for not getting anything for it. Here we have a product that is supposed to be better then the competi...

Fonts in RMS Active Reports
We can input and display well Vietnamese characters in RMS screens. But we can not read those at all in Active Reports, characters are changed and displayed in a wrong format. I have tried 2 following ways: - Using character type Unicode, to input data to RMS screens. Active Reports shows incorrectly due to RMS system does not totally support Unicode. - Using character type ANSI, to input data to RMS screens with our vietnamese font VnArial, then set font substitue to replace font Arial by VnArial. This way can make Active Reports display well but will cause conflict to other applicati...

Save attachment from CRM email using asp.net
Hi, Problem: The user gets mail that contains an excel attachment. If the user open that email and clicks on Import (custom button) then the attachment needs to be save in a location and read the data from file. Finally that data should be import to CRM. This proces should done every day. Is there any way to read email attachments through asp.net code? Please help me to resolve the issue. Thanks Mahesh ...

Apply this corrective package from the Microsoft
--mayzlacgcmagielc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yenrieipmoyabz"; type="multipart/alternative" --yenrieipmoyabz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yogvutfxxlcvovr" --yogvutfxxlcvovr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Ins...

MSCRM 3
This question has been asked a lot before but I see no acceptable answers, so here we go. We are just going through the planning stages of launching CRM3, all is going well, but we have a sticking point: We have 15 years of data stored in Sage that we need to get out, and then syncronise on a regular basis. Not ideal, but required for now. I am looking for any solution that would allow me achieve any part of this, either the initial migration/data copy (v important) or the synchronisation of the 2 data sets. I am currently using the Microsoft CRM 3.0 Data Migration Framework to import data ...

Upgrading From CRM Trial to Full Version
Hi, We ae running CRM 3 trial version, and have brought a valid license for the server and 20 CAL's. Now the problem I haver is that we have bought it under a volume license agreement, so don't have a License Key to upgrade the trial version. I assume I have to install the CRM a fresh? or possible upgrade the trial version via a CD? You possibly will have a product key in eOpen (online tool) If so you can use license manager on the CRM server to apply the server and user licenses. Check with your supplier if this is the case.. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 20...

Microsoft Money 2004 Standard Online services question
Hi, I am thinking about buying Microsoft Money 2004 standard. I bought quicken last year mainly because out bank supported transaction download only through quicken. A year after buying it the online service expired and I cannot even manually download and import transactions unless I renew the service. It is cheaper to buy a new copy of money standard then to renew the service in quicken. My needs are fairly simple so standard would do but I am wondering how long the basic transaction download services lasts in Microsoft Money. Our bank now supports both so I can go either way. I have not bee...

Question about upgrading server to RAID 0+1 or SSD
Hi guys, I've got an Proliant ML150 G6 running SBS 2003. It has an Intel Xeon E5502 @ 1.87Ghz (dual proc) with 4GB of RAM. It currently has 2x250GB SATA 7200RPM disks, one of which I was going to use as a software RAID1, but I haven't set it up as I think the performance hit would be unreasonable without a dedicated card. I'm currently having performance problems with the server which I have narrowed down to be the disk. I'm running a few smallish databases on the server, along with exchange, hosting a very low traffic website and BES express. I want to upgrade it ...

Microsoft Access Query Links
Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access database. I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my access database and being able to jump to that part of the database if needed. I can only seem to get a link to the database file but not within the database to the actual query or report. UCDmike wrote: > Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access > database. NO, there are no such tools for Access. > I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my > access database and being able to jump ...

Exchange 2007, Exchange 2003 Mixed Environment For CRM
Hello all, we are currently in the process of bringing up a production Exchange 2007 environment for our company. We are also looking to bring our test and new development and production environments of CRM 3.0 online with mail functionality. (Right now we have a test system setup with no Exchange mail routing for CRM.) My question is this. In bringing up our new Exchange 2007 environment we need to add a small Exchange 2003 server for the CRM mail 'router'. What process do we install the 2003 server in our 2007 environment and what role / install do we use for the Exchange 2...

HOT NEWS FROM MICROSOFT.......
YES ITS REALLY HEART BREAKING NEWS FOR EVERYONE http://polticsinfs.blogspot.com/ ...

Change the background of Form in 4.0
Hi, I would like the change the background of all form through style sheet in CRM4.0. i.e When i open any contact records, i want to change the background of contact. I have two environment of CRM and want some difference between them. Thanks in advance -Mac Hi Jon, You can change CRM 4 form color using below JavaScript document.all.areaForm.style.backgroundColor = ' #FF9933'; document.all.tab0Tab.style.backgroundColor = 'cyan';//color to tab document.all.tab0.style.backgroundColor = '#FF9933';//color to tab background Hope this helps! Sam _______________...

Dynamics GP 9.0 Calculation of IRS maximum allowed 401K contributi
We have two 401K deduction codes set-up in Dynamics GP 9.0 Payroll - one deduction is for "company matching" contributions, and one is for "no-match" contributions. We need the two deductions codes for 401K to max out at the IRS maximum allowable amount in a calendar year. In the current set-up, and due to different pay rates and employee contribution percentages, we have employees that are exceeding the annual limit established by the IRS because the maximum deduction field on the GP deduction set-up window cannot be combined for the two deductions. Is there a wa...

Try on this critical patch that came from the Microsoft Corporation
--pklkmucrggd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="igulxgysfnvoadi"; type="multipart/alternative" --igulxgysfnvoadi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fbmtojgbiob" --fbmtojgbiob Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vul...