Does CRM have a Microsoft Project like add-on?

Hello All:

Does anyone know if CRM has a Microsoft Project like add-on?

I was using Microsoft "Project Central" (which had it's own issues), but am
looking for something like that.  The best of both worlds would be an
interface between the two packages.

I am open to any suggestions.

-Bill

0
Bill
3/3/2005 7:11:41 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Project Central (v2000) was the first attempt to take MS Project to a
server-based centralized solution. They have made great strides in more
recent version. The latest is called "Project Server 2003" which is part of
the "Enterprise Project Management Solution". More info at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/project/prodinfo/epm/default.mspx

As far as project add-ons for MS CRM, I am not aware of any.

"Bill" <billp@guavatech.com> wrote in message
> Hello All:
>

> Does anyone know if CRM has a Microsoft Project like add-on?
>

> I was using Microsoft "Project Central" (which had it's own issues), but
> am
> looking for something like that.  The best of both worlds would be an
> interface between the two packages.
>

> I am open to any suggestions.
>

> -Bill

0
BradC
3/3/2005 7:43:53 PM
Bill,

We utilize SharePoint as a PM tool. It does not have all the wonderful
features of Project, but we found Project too cumbersome to jockey with
for managing projects ( though more complex and long term projects are
suited for Project 2003 in my opinion). We have integrated the PM tool
with MS CRM. The SharePoint tools utilizes some great web parts for
project and project task roll-up views ( ie - My Projects, My Project
Tasks, etc) as well as others for an overall nice UI.
We are looking to finish productizing this over the next month or two
and will be adding it to our Effective CRM Suite for MS CRM -
www.customereffective.com which includes two free downloads for the MS
CRM community.

0
crmask
3/4/2005 3:36:38 AM
http://convergence.imcconsulting.biz/

We have developed a highly customized Microsoft CRM implementation
including a custom Professional Services module.

By registering on this website, you will be able to view a
presentation showing aprox. 40 screenshots and descriptions of our
Professional Serveices module addition to MS CRM.

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:11:41 -0600, "Bill" <billp@guavatech.com> wrote:

>Hello All:
>

>Does anyone know if CRM has a Microsoft Project like add-on?
>

>I was using Microsoft "Project Central" (which had it's own issues), but am
>looking for something like that.  The best of both worlds would be an
>interface between the two packages.
>

>I am open to any suggestions.
>

>-Bill

0
Joshua

add a data label
How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? I presume the Word chart has been created with MS Chart? If so Double-click to activate the edit mode for the chart, then choose Chart, Chart Options, Data Labels.. If the chart is an Excel Object then you use the same steps. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dragonfly" wrote: > How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? ...

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

Track in CRM function
Hello. Upon selecting the “Track In CRM” button from the CRM line in Outlook I have two questions based on situation: 1) If the contact exists in CRM it appears to attach the email but provides no notice unless you try to attach it again? True? 2) If the contact does not exist it attaches the email where? In v1.2 it opened a window and made the user create a record. I think it is attaching or tracking the email in CRM somewhere because trying to do it again, I'm asked if you want to attach/track it again. Does this make sense? By the way, we are using CRM 3.0 Thanks. After c...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

Data Analysis Plus Add-In
My Data Analysis Plus add-in has disappeared. I had it installed at one time, but now it is gone. I've attempted to reinstall the add-in several times and rebooted each time, but to no avail. Running XP Pro and Office Pro software. Any ideas? Thanks, MJ You probably have done this but .... have you looked at Tools/Addins . there is a Browse button in case Excel cannot find it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Auto Add-on?
Is There a way to get a dialog box to come up with a specifc item asking if an add on item would like to be purchased? For example... When a designer dress SKU is entered a dialog box pops up and asks if the customer would like to purchase a custom printed garment bag for $5.00. Then press yes to add the additional item and no if not? Thanks Scott, The best you can do out of the box is item messages which will only prompt the cashier, not actually add the item. If you are interested in having this functionality we could certainly design a custom solution for you. For more inform...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Using a OR() like function in an IIF statement
Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. Something like the following: IIf(Left([possible_SO_match],1)="1 or 2 or 8 or 9",[Possible_SO_Match],"No Match") Is there a way to create it without going to a 4 level nested IIF statement? Thanks, Kerry -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com kkulakow via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Hello, I am trying to create an IIF statement to test if the first > character in a field is a 1,2,8 or 9. > Something like the following: > > IIf(Left([possib...

CRM 1.2 07-27-06
My company wants to move away from CRM 1.2. They want to keep using the CRM database because of the volume of data that resides their. Can they still use the CRM database after the CRM 1.2 license expires? Yes. You own the data. As for the "license", it doesn't really expire. You have the rights to use the software, but you have a support contract which will expire. Once that expires, you will not be able to get free upgrade tot he software, but you can still continue to use the app. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hammer" <Hammer@discussions.microso...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...