Does CRM 4.0 work well with Office 2003?

Hi all,

We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at
MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand
4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been
researching the issues.

Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office
2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality
in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.)

Thank you,
Mohamed
0
msandid (65)
9/15/2008 3:47:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Both Outlook 2003 and 2007 works fine with Microsoft CRM 4.0.

We have a mix of Outlook versions being used everyday for the last year.

Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

"msandid" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at
> MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand
> 4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been
> researching the issues.
>
> Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office
> 2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality
> in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.)
>
> Thank you,
> Mohamed

0
FrankLee (144)
9/15/2008 6:19:01 PM
On Sep 15, 1:19=A0pm, Frank Lee <Frank...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Both Outlook 2003 and 2007 works fine with Microsoft CRM 4.0.
>
> We have a mix of Outlook versions being used everyday for the last year.
>
> Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVPhttp://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
>

> "msandid" wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at
> > MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand
> > 4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been
> > researching the issues.
>
> > Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office
> > 2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality
> > in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.)
>
> > Thank you,
> > Mohamed- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Frank. Can you help me with this also before I start a new
thread:
Would the 3.0 client work with the 4.0 Server? (I don't think so but
it was asked so...)

Thanks again.
0
msandid (65)
9/15/2008 6:48:40 PM
Only v4.0 client works with v4.0 Server.

"msandid" wrote:

> On Sep 15, 1:19 pm, Frank Lee <Frank...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Both Outlook 2003 and 2007 works fine with Microsoft CRM 4.0.
> >
> > We have a mix of Outlook versions being used everyday for the last year.
> >
> > Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVPhttp://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
> >

> > "msandid" wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> >
> > > We're looking at upgrading from CRM 3 to 4.0. Most of our users are at
> > > MS Office 2003 and we'd like to keep that way for now. I understand
> > > 4.0 is supposed to be "compatible" with MS Office 2003 but I've been
> > > researching the issues.
> >
> > > Are there any known compatibility issues between CRM 4.0 and MS Office
> > > 2003? Will using 2003 instead of 2007 cause any loss of functionality
> > > in CRM? (Such as disabling the tracking token.)
> >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Mohamed- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks Frank. Can you help me with this also before I start a new
> thread:
> Would the 3.0 client work with the 4.0 Server? (I don't think so but
> it was asked so...)
>
> Thanks again.

0
FrankLee (144)