Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2

Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We
want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go
down.  We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a
step by step backup solution.  Right now we are just backing the CRM
databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so
do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones?

The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data
if needed.

--
Thank You,

Troy

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Troy

Microsoft have included details of backing up CRM in the Implementation Guide
under disaster recovery, page 195.

A good recovery plan for Microsoft CRM 1.2 should really include backup of
AD as well as the SQL databases. I would also backup c:\inetpub\wwwroot.
You may also wish to make regular exports of the Customisation.xml from the
deployment Manager, if customisations are made.

Hope that helps.

Dan

"Troy" wrote:

> Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We
> want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go
> down.  We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a
> step by step backup solution.  Right now we are just backing the CRM
> databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so
> do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones?
>
> The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data
> if needed.
>
> --
> Thank You,
>
> Troy

Troy,
Another thing to consider is an auditing solution that actually tells
the owners who changed what when.  I had the same problem and found a
solution called VAST that works great! Tracks everything that is done
to any object in CRM.  While the ability to re-create the CRM database
is not something that is out of the box with the product, it can
probably be done in extreme situations.

Check em out at http://www.vscrm.com

Hope this helps!

0
CRM
5/25/2005 3:40:50 PM
This information is available here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm12/plan/10_Bakup.mspx

KjellSJ
http://kjellsj.blogspot.com

"Troy" wrote:

> Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We
> want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go
> down.  We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a
> step by step backup solution.  Right now we are just backing the CRM
> databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so
> do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones?
>
> The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data
> if needed.
>
> --
> Thank You,
>
> Troy

Access CRM from Internet
Hello Everybody, Can anybody please post detailed instructions on how to access Microsoft CRM from Internet. I've spent quite a bit of time searching this group and could see people talking about SSL and ISA, but not in much details. I also went through Implementation Guide, it mentions ISA, but our site doesn't have ISA installed. So, what are the options in accessing CRM from Internet, apart from ISA? And how to implement it? Thanks and regards, Dmitri You need to expose port 80 (or wahtever port you choose to use) to your web server publicly via your firewall. How you do this d...

Microsoft CRM & Avaya IP Office
Has anybody ever installed Avaya's IP Office license for MS CRM? Do they integrate well? What kind of funcionality do they provide? Thanks. Doros I sat in an Avaya sales engineer's meeting on this, where he gave a demo. Give me a shout Bob Coorsen, 703-376-2084 coorsen@avaya.com "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:<#5TQ5zlmDHA.2772@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>... > Has anybody ever installed Avaya's IP Office license for MS CRM? Do they > integrate well? What kind of funcionality do they provide? > > Thanks. ...

Publisher calendars #2
I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left This is determined by your regional settings in the control panel. A workaround, find a year where Sunday falls on your calendar start day and change the week headings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "arriputter" <arriputter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFA42774-09A1-4A61-AEC0-0E61C45B6975@microsoft.com... > I'd like to know how to put the "Sunday" column at the far left ...

Add a Second Exchange Server
If I want to install a second exchange 2000 server (or 2003) can I just install it normally and then in the event that we lose our primary server (server A) can I take the most recent clean shutdown edb and stm files and mount them to the second server and then have the clients re-point their profiles to server B? Thanks! Hello, Actually the Active Directory will still have them pointing to the old server. You would have to run exchange tasks and remove exchange attributes and then reconnect them through Exchange System Manager to the mailboxes on the new server. They then would...

pop up calender PT 2
Thanks Jim This is what I needed but I am having a problem connect the date to a cell that will work with the VLOOKUP attached Can this date be tied to the cell? You can try the Microsoft Date and Time Picker control. Add the Control Toolbox menu to your toolbars. Select the last button that looks like a hammer and wrench. Select the Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control. Add that to your sheet. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Norm" wrote: > Is there a pop up calender that can be embedded when sharing or emailing > worksheets? > Thanks Wa...

Outlook contacts #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey Folks Anybody know of a third party product that will allow a network XP Pros = machines running Outlook to be able to share their contacts without = Exchange server hosting their emails? ie. they're using POP3 from a = third party mail provider? R Green ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C6D122.32A1B6F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

CRM 3.0 Contact sync to outlook after migration
Hi, I have migrated a crm 3.0 sbs environment to a 4 server deployment. The customer have the requirement to sync all the account / contacts to the offline database. This is easily configured and works 100%. Now I can't seem to get the local CRM contact synced to the local outlook contacts :-( this doesn't happen and I have rechecked everything? Any suggestions? -- Warren O ...

2 different types of data sets displayed on 1 graph
I have a district that I wish to show performance (sales)in the months from July to November and comapred this with 2004 and 2005. Now on top of this I want to display on the same graph a second variable say number of customers for each month and each year, in order to bring some greater relevance to the static bar graphs that I propose doing for the first part. So I have been assisted on this discussion group to have a bar graph that is set up with the months as rows and the 2004 and 2005 as columns for the sales data BUT how do I now display the second variable 'number of customer...

More Outlook Client CRM Woes
I've been struggling to get the Moblie Client installed on a laptop for one of my users. After 5 or 6 unsuccessful attempts, the user informed me she does not need access to CRM from Outlook remotely, so I decided to just go ahead and install the Outlook client. Everything appeared to go fine, until I opened Outlook and got the familiar "An Error Occurred Starting CRM Functionality...yadda yadda". The difference being that this time, all the functionality works! The problem is that none of the CRM toolbars are showing up...neither in Outlook or within Emails/Appointmen...

SAP Installation #2
Hi Just to share my experience , he is good service provider , please contact him on 1sapmate@gmail.com ...

Send mail problem #2
POsted this in outlook.general with no response so will try this group. APologies for the cross post but I am still unable to resolve this issue. W2K Pro will all patches and updates. Had Outlook running fine for a long time strictly for internet email at home. Worked on getting a VPN connection through our firewall at work. The VPN connection did work but I was unable to get my outlook to pull mail from our server once I reconfigured Outlook for Exchange. Uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled. Configured for my internet account only and now it will not send mail at all. The server properties...

Can publisher 2003 be installed on 2 computers?
I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? campfig wrote: > I have a office computer and home computer. I will be purchasing > Publisher 2003, but can I install them on both of my computers? Technically, Publisher 2003 can be installed on a desktop and a mobile computer (ie laptop). When you go to activate your second computer it just depends on whether or not you tell them it's a laptop. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This...

RMS Hardware Configuration chat today, 2/10, at 11 a.m. PST
Hi all, I wanted let you know that we're getting ready to start a live chat in the MBS chat room at 11 AM PST -- today. Here are the details: Live Chat: Hardware configuration in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2 Get answers to your questions on hardware setup and configuration in this February 10 chat room event hosted by Microsoft Retail Management System developers Balaji Balasubramanian, Josef Schauer, Dan Hanke, and Sylvester La Blanc. You can find our chat room here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/chatroom.aspx Hope to see some of you there! Best, Michelle...

Problems with CRM & Outlook add-ins
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with the CRM and Outlook add-ins. For some reason the CRM won't start correctly if some toolbars and add-in are installed (like Plaxo toolbar and iTunes add-in). I get the error that it couldn't connect to the microsoft crm server. If I disable these add-ins, the CRM works. I'd appreciate your help here, because some people in my company need these toolbars. Thanks, Guy ...

Pivot Table Help #2
- Automaticly Refreshing Pivot Table Data I have a made a macro called "depsub" that gathers sales data from each one of our sales departments, compiles it onto one page, sorts it and SUBTOTALs the data by employee and department. I also have a PivotTable that needs to use this same data. PivotTables can not be generated from subtotaled data. So I have to nest a macro within my "depsub" macro that generates a PivotTable prior to the data being subtotaled. Problem is every time I try to do this the macro errors out and stops when I try to creat the pivot table. Here i...

Shouldn't have to Exit Outlook to gain CRM features
You shouldn't have to exit Outlook to gain CRM features. I consider this a bug. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=37987ce9-65d7-4734-aca5-8dbde8bbfc62&...

comparing 2 sheets
hi! k, this is wht i have sheet1 (short list of about 400 parts with no descripiton) columns - part # description sheet2(complete list of about 2000 parts with description) same columns - part # description now is there a way that excel can compare a part # from sheet 1 to that of sheet 2 and then fill the corresponding description. if you can help will save me hours of boring work. thanks a lot!! Hi keyur in sheet 1, column B (description) enter the following in B2: =VLOOKUP(A2,'sheet 2'!$A$1:$B$9999,2, FALSE) copy this for all rows in sheet 1 HTH Frank keyur wrote...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation in 2007
http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/ ...

Event ID 5896 after upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0
As the subject, I upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0, and now everytime a mail passes through I get the following error in the Application Event: Source: CrmExchangeQueueServ Event ID: 5896 Description: An HTTP Status of '404 - Not Found' occurred while attempting to deliver a message. Please check the URL in the registry. Message subject: 'subject of mail' URL: 'http://servername/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' Checked the location above, and sure enough - there is no CrmEmail.srf file, so it throws a 404 error.. great, only - why is this file missing?!! I presume it didn&#...

extern template object in VC7.1
Hi, I have a templated object in foo.cpp as: AStrType<CERecordType> csiCERecordTypes( CERecordTypesStr, sizeof CERecordType ); And use it fine here. But now I wanted to use it in a second .cpp so I declared: extern AStrType<CERecordTypes::CERecordType> csiCERecordTypes; But this seems to mess the mangled name and the linker can't find it now. And yes, I tried it with the namespace qualifier in the definition. I'm getting around it by creating a second, 'csiCERecordTypes2' in the other cpp file, but that just isn't right. Thanks, Dan. "Dan B...

Adding Chinese holidays to Outlook 2002 Calendar #2
Hi, I've been all over the place, looking for a way to add Chinese holidays to the Outlook calendar. Already checked within Outlook and Chinese holidays are not on the list of countries available. Taiwan, which would probably be the same is also not available. I've been to Slipstick, as suggested by someone, but can't find any Chinese holiday files to add to the outlook.txt file. Anybody have any ideas? Melissa "playmissy4me@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I've been all over the place, looking for a way to add Chinese holidays > to the Outlook cale...

How can i create a 2-D stacked column within a 4 series stock char
I am trying to create an excel chart that combines the features of a 100% 2-D stacked column (for comparison of 2 variables) and the 4 series stock chart. I would desire to have my ideal chart being a 5-series stock chart with the data variables arranged as 'Volume1-Volume2 (stacked up as in 2-D column)-High-Low-Close'. This is slightly different from the current 5-series stock chart available in the excel spreadsheet. Can anybody help please? Thank you. Sincerely, Samuel See http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html http://peltiertech.com/Utility/ClusterStackU...

Rounding Error #2
Worksheet function =Round(0.965,2) returns 0.97 Using VBA Round(0.965,2) returns 0.96. Why does the VBA function not work properly? On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:36:29 -0700, "Mike" <mcurrie@srjgroup.com> wrote: >Worksheet function =Round(0.965,2) returns 0.97 >Using VBA Round(0.965,2) returns 0.96. >Why does the VBA function not work properly? VBA's round does work properly. It just uses a different rounding method, sometimes called banker's rounding. This is outlined in the MSKB article 225330. Briefly, if the number to the right of your rounding point is '...

split text in cell into 2
I am needing help with formula. I have a cell that takes values from several other cells to create one long line text (for a command used in other app). For ex: a1=jack b1=ran c1="There was a person named"&a1&"who was hungry and"&b1&" to Mcdonalds." This process works great except when the line is greater than 72. I need an if statment that says if c1 length is greater than 72 then to split / replace line AFTER name(a1). Where the split occurs a +, and carriage return needs to be added. So in the example above (pretend length will be over 72,...

Excel macros #2
I have created a macro to reformat spreadsheet and stored the created macro in personal.xls so that i can use it in an spreadsheet.When I record new macro and choose "store macro in - Personal Macro Workbook"...i get message displayed " Personal Macro Wkbook in startup folder must stay open for recording - unable to record". I have checked for viruses. The Per M Workbook is in C: \Docs and Settings.....XLstart. I thought that Per M Wkbook opened automatically on Excel startup. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Foru...