disabling root business unit

In the crm-course(installation & setup), it stated that
Root Business Unit CANNOT BE DISABLED. In the CRM v1.2, I
discovered that it does allow us to disable it in the
Business Setting module. But, there is no way to re-
enabling it when such "disabling" has triggered
accidentally.

must it re-install for entire MS CRM again ?

regards,
Edward
0
Edward
6/15/2004 9:09:21 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Edward,

One way around this is to manaully change the IsDisabled field in the
BusinessUnitBase table and change it to a 0.  The other option is to restore
from a backup.

Matt Parks

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:09:21 -0700, "Edward"

In the crm-course(installation & setup), it stated that
Root Business Unit CANNOT BE DISABLED. In the CRM v1.2, I
discovered that it does allow us to disable it in the
Business Setting module. But, there is no way to re-
enabling it when such "disabling" has triggered
accidentally.

must it re-install for entire MS CRM again ?

regards,
Edward

0
Matt

Outlook 2007: Disable Security Certificate Warning
When I start Outlook 2007, I get the following error: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline. Do you want to continue using this server? This happens every time I start Outlook, and I'm not sure why. Is there a way to disable this prompt, so it always uses this server? Cheers, Chase Hi Chase, The prompt means that something is wrong the security certificate your server uses for your SSL/TLS connection. You cannot just disable the prompt, ...

Disable user to send email out in Exchange 5.5
I would like to configure a mailbox from Exchange 5.5 that only allow a particular mailbox to receive email message but could not send out, no matter send out to internet or internal user. Could anybody show me how to config it, please. Try just setting the limit for send to be like 1k on that mailbox. Each time they try to send it would say they are over the limit. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samp...

I want to disable the auto hyperlink feature.
I have a spreadsheet with lots of hyperlink-like data (but that are not actually hyperlinks) that is edited frequently. It is very frustrating when excel decides to auto-format the data into a hyperlink, especially because right clicking on it and picking "remove hyperlink" also removes ALL formatting for that cell. How can I disable the auto hyperlink feature? (I already searched the forum and there are other messages which looked hopeful but the threads cannot be displayed) You can type an apostrophe at the start of the entry, and Excel won't create a hyperlink. For example...

Issue with mapping disabled CRM users in Import Organization
Hello, I am using the Import Organization tool to move a CRM 4.0 deployment to new servers in the same AD domain. I have several disabled CRM users who do not automatically map in the tool because their AD accounts have been deleted. Must I re-create these users in AD in order to map them in the Import Organization tool or is there another way to proceed? ...

disable sounds when saving
Every time I save an Excel folder I get an obnoxious sound. This began when I got a new computer with Windows 7. How do I turn off the sound? Please use leeallaben@comcast.net for my email. The email here is no longer valid and I don't see a way to update it. Thank you. Try this… Excel 2003 - Tools>Options>General> Uncheck the “Provide Feedback With Sound” Excel 2007 - Click the Office Ribbon Button (colorful round circle at the top Left corner)>Excel Options>Advanced> General> Uncheck the “Provide Feedback With Sound” But the above will turn of...

Microsoft Business Planner
Excel 2000, I want to use the cash flow template provided by Office small business edition. The template available is only for one year. There is another templete for two years but it is quarterly. I want to go back three years by month to fill in known data so I can determine how our cash flows in and out. I don't have the small business edition, so I checked out the 12 month cash flow template, which works with Excel versions starting with Excel 97 on the Microsoft website here. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010175121033.aspx This version is a single worksheet, whi...

MS Access 2007
We have just installed MS Office 2007 and we have access 2007. When tried to open a form a message is displayed saying the transaction and/ or form is disable. We have not make any changes to this form, is the first time that we use this form with MS Access 2007, does anyone knows what is the problem? Or how to go about it? Please advise, Luis ...

Email disable auto message for vacation
Your query for "disable email auto messages that say out on vacation additional t..." HUH!!!???? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Success asked: | Your query for "disable email auto messages that say out on vacation | additional t..." ...

Business Contact Manager disappears
Every now and then my BCMdisappears from the main menu and all the journals with it and Dedect and Repair does not help! Any ideas ? Kim ...

Business Contact Manager and Microsoft Forms error
I have outlook 2003 and using Business Contact Manager. I can create business contacts just fine and personal contacts just fine. When I try to create a new Account or a new Opportunity I get the message "Microsoft Forms" - "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine". If I click ok it then loads the Account form. However, none of the buttons or drops downs lists work. There is one support ticket for this that says to export personal contacts to cvs file and then delete and reimport them. This did nothing. Any help would be appreciated. ...

looking for a ledger to for my small business
I own a semi truck and trailer and I am looking for a template of a ledger for my bookwork. Please help! ...

Money 2006 Small Business Invoice Credits
Does anyone know how to show a credit on a customer's invoice. In my business I sometimes have to show a credit, but I can't figure out how to do that without hand writing it on the printed invoice. Please help! ...

Error while importing organization due to duplicate users (one of which is Disabled)
Hi, I am receiving a "There is more than one Microsoft Dynamics CRM user mapped to the same Active Directory account. You cannot map more than one Microsoft Dynamics CRM user to the same Active Directory account." error message while attempting to import an organization. This seems to be occurring because I have 2 Users setup, one of which is Disabled, with the same domain login: User A - DOMAIN1\usera (Enabled) User A1 - DOMAIN1\usera (Disabled) Since you can't seem to delete users in CRM how can I get around this? I am trying to import a copy of our Production database in...

Account data migration to the Business Unit level
I am trying to import my account to the business unit level using the Data Migration Wizard. My issue is that the account are not owned by any specific person in the company. All users of the system perform sales, service etc. I don't want to have to migrate the data to each user's account. Is there anyway to migrate the data to the business unit level versus a specifc owner? I cannot seem to find a field in the cdf_account table that I should use to associate the data at this level. Any thoughts are much appreciated. I You'll need to assign the accounts to a user. I...

Upgrade from version 8 to version 10
My company is upgrading from version 8 to version 10. My question is in regards to the Business Portal portion. Are there any pitfalls/stumbling blocks that we should be aware of? Is there a step-by-step process? Any recommendations when it comes to the BP portion of the upgrade? ...

override unit price on opportunities
We have added the ispriceoverridden field to the opportunity product form in an attempt to allow us to change the unit price for the product line. however the form does not then allow the unit price to be over-ridden. I notice the unit price ends up as 0.00. Is there something I have missed? Do I need to add an event to the field? We would also like to have product write-in functionality within opportunities as in the quotes system. Is this possible in MS CRM v3.0. Any feedback would be most useful Aneel I tried the same and it's impossible to override the priceperunit field on ...

Disable undo in CRichEditView
Hi! I'm using a CRicheditView for editing and i need to disable the undo command for some times after the user enter some text and then enable the undo command. I've watched for some code example and documentations, but i don't find anything... Someone can help me? Tanks! ...

disable out-of-office for (non-exchange) mailing lists
> At 10:07 PM 7/29/2004, you wrote: >>> >>> >>>Please disable your Out of Office AutoReply feature for the perl-win32-users mailing list. >>> >>>Thank you, >>>Randy. > > Randy, > > I would be glad to do so, but my employer has recently switched from our Unix system with a .forward to a generic web MS Exchange-based interface (although I continue to use Eudora as my POP email client). > > Do you have any idea how to perform selective out-of-office responses in an Exchange-based email environment? It is...

Money Home and Business 2007 to do s corp accounting?
I have a single owner, single employee S corp that I'm currently tracking in QuickBooks. I use PayCycle for my payroll, and because I use Money for my personal finances and the Home and Business version can integrate with PayCycle, I'd like to use Money for my business as well. The business does no invoicing and has no income other than draws from the business it owns. The business has no expenses except payroll and the fee to the accountant for the annual tax return. So, I'm wondering if Money Home and Business will work for my S corp, and particularly if it will allow ...

Ctrl+PgDn disabled after Find and Replace
I have Windows 7 and Office 2003. After using Find and Replace in a Word document, I want to scroll down a page at a time using Crtl+PgDn. In stead of scrolling, I keep getting a message "Word has reached the end of the document. Do you want to continue searching at the beginning?" every time I try. And then it does this for every document I have open in Word. How do I stop this and turn off the Find and Replace after I have used it? Ctrl+PgDn runs the BrowseNext command; what that command does depends on what was previously done in Word (as you have noticed). Do the...

VCard Business Address Line
I am programming the VCard with the following code. However, the Business Address line does not wrap properly. If I edit Business Card then double click the Business Address line then the address is properly formatted. Does anyone know how to do this correctly? Response.AddHeader "content-disposition", "attachment; filename=Vcard" & Replace(Trim(Last), ".", "") & ".vcf" Response.ContentType = "application/unknown" Response.Write "BEGIN:VCARD" & vbcrlf & _ "VERSION:2.1" & vbcrlf &...

Business contact manager
If I set a reminder in business contact manager with a reminder date, it doesn't show up on the listing of Business contacts (which I have set up as a table). I set up the 'Reminder Time' field from 'All Contact fields' in the field chooser. If I enter a date into the field on the table it momentarily gets reformatted to show day of week for example, but within half a second the entry blanks out. Bob ...

Can no longer open Outlook with Business Contact Manager enabled... #2
Hello, Any help will be very much appreciated. I can no longer open 2003 with Business Contact Manager enabled. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BCM and created new (empty) profiles, but nothing works. How can I get BCM to work with Outlook again? Thank you. Regards, Lon ...

Moving files from Money Small Business 2005 to Money Plus 2008
I am having trouble moving files from my old computer (XP Professional) to my new computer (Vista). Anyone have any advise? I tried backing up my old files and restoring on the new computer, but it didn't work. I hope there is an easier way. Simply copy your Money file - ends in .mny - to a memory stick and then copy to your new PC but make sure you put it in the Documents folder. Then double click on the filename in it's new location and Money will start up and read the file. Vista has some strange ideas where data files should live and if you put the ..mny file in the Progr...

Free/Busy information unavailable
There are 10 resource mailboxes with the same configuration and permissions. All resource mailboxes are disabled accounts. The free/busy information for these resource mailboxes is unavailable across all domains. Out of 10, for only 1 or 2, free/busy information is available. For rest, its unavailable. We have three administrative groups. The exchange org is in native mode. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 05:45:00 -0800, Nitika Gupta <Nitika Gupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >There are 10 resource mailboxes with the same configuration and permissions. >All resource mailboxes are d...