Disable Quick Campaign

What is the best way to disable - or better still hide - the quick campaign
button for certain users?  It doesn't appear to be itemized in the security
roles.  We can disable bulk emails etc, but would prefer that the button just
doesn't appear at all.  When I tried exporting sitemap and removing the
relevant line, the system did nasty things after I re-imported.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Jenny, in v3.0 the quick campaign functionality permission is grouped
with activities permission. if you take away activities permission you will
not be able to see the quick campaigns button.

--
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager

You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.
"Jenny" <jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best way to disable - or better still hide - the quick
> campaign
> button for certain users?  It doesn't appear to be itemized in the
> security
> roles.  We can disable bulk emails etc, but would prefer that the button
> just
> doesn't appear at all.  When I tried exporting sitemap and removing the
> relevant line, the system did nasty things after I re-imported.

0
Manisha
3/31/2007 2:13:48 AM
Thanks for your reply, but we won't be able to disallow activities.  We need
the users to be able to enter activities such as phone calls and tasks, but
we don't want them doing quick campaigns.

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Jenny, in v3.0 the quick campaign functionality permission is grouped
> with activities permission. if you take away activities permission you will
> not be able to see the quick campaigns button.
>
> --
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
> reserved.
> "Jenny" <jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > What is the best way to disable - or better still hide - the quick
> > campaign
> > button for certain users?  It doesn't appear to be itemized in the
> > security
> > roles.  We can disable bulk emails etc, but would prefer that the button
> > just
> > doesn't appear at all.  When I tried exporting sitemap and removing the
> > relevant line, the system did nasty things after I re-imported.

If the mail merge capability is the issue with quick campaigns, you can
disable the 'Enable Direct E-mail via Mail Merge' and that will disable the
mass mailing from Campaign Activities, and Quick Campaigns.

--
Arne Marquez
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

> Thanks for your reply, but we won't be able to disallow activities.  We
> need
> the users to be able to enter activities such as phone calls and tasks,
> but
> we don't want them doing quick campaigns.
>
> "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jenny, in v3.0 the quick campaign functionality permission is grouped
>> with activities permission. if you take away activities permission you
>> will
>> not be able to see the quick campaigns button.
>>
>> --
>> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
>> Program Manager
>> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

>> rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All
>> rights
>> reserved.
>> "Jenny" <jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > What is the best way to disable - or better still hide - the quick
>> > campaign
>> > button for certain users?  It doesn't appear to be itemized in the
>> > security
>> > roles.  We can disable bulk emails etc, but would prefer that the
>> > button
>> > just
>> > doesn't appear at all.  When I tried exporting sitemap and removing the
>> > relevant line, the system did nasty things after I re-imported.

0
Arne

My macros menu is disabled..help!
I am very new to Excel. I am trying to add a macro and the menu item under Tools >> Macro are all disabled except for the security setting. I've set the security to low but that did not help. The 'Macros' menu (under Macro) and 'Record new macro' and others are all disabled. I cant figure out why its disabled. Is this a feature I need to add using Add/remove programs..? I dont remember opting out of macros at the time of install. Please reply to baragargoyle at hotmail doot com thanks. Never mind..I found it. I had to add VB for applications from add/remove prog...

How do I stop the Commands from disappearing from Quick Access too
..Added commands to the quick access toolbar at work - next day they were gone Using Excel 2007. So, how do I stop the How do I stop the Commands, I added, from disappearing from Quick Access toolbar -- SherylAnne ...

How can I switch off auto-hide ribbon (Quick Access Toolbar)
Somehow I accidentally pressed the wrong key combination and now the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) disappears whenever I click on the document itself with the mouse and I can no longer work efficiently. Clicking on any menu brings up the QAT again but I want it to display permanently. I've searched a) "display" menu b) Word options c) online help with no success. Any ideas how to switch this auto-hide off? Oops - using Microsoft Office Word 2007 SP2. "ICTag" wrote: > Somehow I accidentally pressed the wrong key combination and now the Quick ...

How to hide or disable toolbars and ribbon in word with vba or vb6
I am trying to hide or disable the ribbon and toolbars in Word 2007, within a VB6 program, but have been unable to get it to work. I am using early binding so that I can see the Word objects and methods, but have been unable to find a combination that will work on my files. Have tried Dim wrd As Word.Application Dim obar As Office.CommandBar For Each obar In wrd.CommandBars obar.Enabled = False obar.visible = False Next I assume there is something I am missing here. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Norm ...

Entering dates QUICKLY
How do I enter dates without using the / key. Eg 071004 instead of 07/10/04 (this could of course be any date). I have seen applications set up this way, but I have not been able to find a reference to how it is done. Any ideas? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "DOMINIC JOSLIN" <patmag1@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message news:41b96025_1@news.iprimus.com.au... > How do I enter dates without using the / key. Eg 071004 instead of > 07/10/04 (this could of course be any date). I have seen applicatio...

Quick Campaigns 08-25-06
Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. For more information, contact your system administrator. with the "Status Reason = aborted" I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has anyone seen this before? mscrmuser wrote: > Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. > > I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: > > This Quick Campaign could not be pe...

Public Folder Limitation
Running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 My company wants to create a public folder for each active project (around 200 Folders). They want to store important emails in a centralized place. Is there a limit for how many Public Folders you can create? Is there a best practice for Public Folders? And I am assuming there is a storage limit on exchange for public store, correct? Thanks, Irene On 21 Nov 2006 06:23:13 -0800, "Irene" <irene.enulf@gmail.com> wrote: > >Running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003 > >My company wants to create a public folder for each activ...

PDF disables Word Macros
Hello, We just upgraded our XP boxes to Word 2007 (SP2) with Acrobat PDFMaker (Reader 9.3.1) as a COM Addin. When we PDF one of our Word Docs (that contains Macros), we can no longer run macros in that document (Word Error: "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings," or "The macros in this project are disabled.") The macros again work perfectly after we close and then reopen the affected document. Trust Center Macro Security is set to "Enable all." My problem sounds exactly like one I found here:...

Allow CRM Templates to be used with Campaigns and Quick Campaigns
I have had difficulty with this functionaliy not being available from a selling point of view. ie explaining to customers that are also looking at ACT and others systems that use internal templates like the ones that MS CRM has. using MS CRM templates for campaigns would be much easier to understand from a user point of view - especially in the selling process - it is a very commonly wanted feature and to have a complex process for demonstration in this area does not help the sales outcomes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sug...

Quick Campaign Error 0x80004005
Hi All, I have been trying to send Quick Campaign to all contacts in CRM system, which is about 122K. At first attempt, I try to use Quick Campaign on the whole contact list, and it turns out that the Quick Campaign runs very slow, it can only create 1-2 emails/minute. After running for 1-2 hours, the Quick Campaign failed. Then, we try to split contact using Marketing List into batches of 30K, then send Quick Campaign using first batch. It's also very slow, almost the same with previous attempt. During the processing, we monitor the CRM server, and found out that CRM Workflow Services co...

copy/paste disable
http://groups.google.pt/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/beda5ffa589c0e76/9d8a3d0c520d2c97?hl=pt-PT#9d8a3d0c520d2c97 Here is a post i made i would like to now if anyone knows how can i put excel protected with COM in case it will work as protection against copypaste and data modifications thanks ...

Enable/Disable User update time on Exchange 2003
When I enable or disable a user in AD, it take a long time for those updates to take effect in Exchange. How can I set/change the time that it takes to update this info? Thanks, Craig ...

How to disable Outlook Web Access for multiple users?
By default, Outlook Web Access is enabled for users. By what way, we can disable the web access for a large number of users without by changing the setting one by one? Thank you Sam Dear Samuel, it is easy, it is the same way when you want to create a mailbox for bulk of users. 1. Select all the users that you want to disable the OWA for them, if these users are under the same OU, then open this OU and select all the users, or if they are on different OU's, they you have to define a search query and find a common attributes fo them so you can select them all. 2. right click on ...

Outlook 2000 and Norton Internet Security
I helped a friend install Norton internet Security (against my advice of just AntiVirus) and now when he tries to paste an email address or text into the body of an email, the paste feature appears to be disabled. I had him check all his security settings in Outlook and IE If he sets the Local Intranet to default, it will let him paste one time and then it is disabled again. Running Win98, Outlook 2000. Any suggestions? Of course, Symantec has nothing on this. Thanks! where is he getting the text from and is the message form already open? There are instances where some apps wil...

Select a row, checkbox in CListCtrl is changed too!How to disable
Hi,all I am writing a MFC program in EVC. One window, we have a CListCtrl with full row selection and checkbox style. The problem is when I select a row, the check box's status is changed at the same time automatically. I don't want to change the checkbox status when users click a row. So is there a setting I need to set or I need to capture the select message? Thanks a lot. ...

disable mail outside the domain
Hi all, I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside the internal domain and Restrict some users so that they can't mail outside the .local domain... Can someone please help me? Thanks in advance! Mark This should help http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html Nue "Mark van Gurchom" <mark@cnbit.nl> wrote in message news:44a14822$0$31637$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hi all, > > I'm trying to setup a configuration in wich I: > > Grant permission to some users, who can mail outside...

disabling mouse shadow and visual effects, no effect
It's the third time I disable some graphic options to gain performance but every windows xp restart, seems to "forget" the changes. What could be causing that? I'm trying to optimize performance. __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4762 (20100111) __________ ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com See Line 30 left column http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm z3r0 wrote: > It's the third time I disable some graphic options to gain > performan...

Enable/Disable Menu item from CMenuBar derived from CControlBar
I hav a problem wrt Disabling Menu items from my menu done form CMenuBar derived from CControlBar /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ CFrameWnd* pMiniFrame = GetParentFrame(); ASSERT_KINDOF(CMiniFrameWnd, pMiniFrame); CMenu* pSysMenu = pMiniFrame->GetSystemMenu(FALSE); ASSERT_VALID(pSysMenu); pSysMenu->EnableMenuItem(SC_CLOSE, MF_BYCOMMAND | MF_GRAYED) /*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ This piece of code works and disables the CLOSE cross. But when i tried with my menu items, nothi...

mail merge via email on campaign activities in the web client
I enabled the following setting in the system settings: Enable Direct E-mail through Mail Merge in Campaigns When I click the distribute campaign activity (type: email via mail merge) I get a message that mail merge is only supported in the Outlook Client :-s Any suggestions on this one? Jurgen Campaign activity distribution is not available via web. you will need to install the crm outlook client and then run though it. The reason for it not being available in the web is because the campaign activity distribution requires tracking of items in crm and that is not available via the crm...

Copy Text from Pictures Disabled permanently ?
This feature worked beautifully the first time. Since then, no luck. I cannot uncheck the disable box in " Make Text in Picture " searchable. Do you have Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 installed? (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Steve8rox" <Steve8...

"Install new reporting services server" check box disabled
I am new to the process of installing the MS CRM 3.0 software and am having some difficulties. I installed SQL Server 2005 developer edition with all componants then tried to install MS CRM. It failed with a message indicating that MS CRM is not compatable with developer edition of reporting services. SO I installed again and skipped the install of reporting services. I then tried again to install MS CRM and when I got to the "Specify Reporting Services Server" the option to select "Install new reporting services server" was disabled. Has anyone ever had this before ...

Campaign Email Mail Merge
Hello, I'm using campaigns to do direct e-mail - I create an activity using the Email via Mail Merge activity, then when I distribute the activity Word fires up with the mail-merge working fine - it sends the emails out no problem - everything seems good but the Status of the Campaign activity shows "System Aborted" and in my report the No. Targeted is 0 because of the "System Aborted" - obviously this is mucking up my reporting! Anyone know why I'm getting this and what I can do about it? Can I manuallly overide the status or the No. Targeted somehow? Than...

Macros disabled?
All of a sudden when I try to run a macro in MS Outlook 2003 I'm getting the following error message: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." In addition, it opens the VBA editor and displays the code of the macro that was called. Macros did run a couple of days ago. VBA is installed. The macro editor is there in MS Outlook. Alt-F8 and Alt-F11 bring up what you would expect. If I go into Help, About, Disabled Items, there is the statement "There are no dis...

Disabled "Save" and "SaveAs"
Hi : How can I do disabled the options "Save" and "Saveas" for one especific worksheet ? Cheers, D. In the ThisWorkbook module, Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Put this into a normal module and run it to save the file Sub Save() Application.EnableEvents = False ActiveWorkbook.save Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Regards, Alan. "Diana" <Dayanag@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0abd01c3b087$f3e76e90$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi : > > How can I do disabled the options &qu...

Assigning "campaigns" to contact that meet criteria
If I have a list of contacts in CRM and I want to automatically assign a set of activities that make up a "marketing campaign" for contacts that meet certain requirements, can I use CRM Standard or do I need Sales Professional with Workflow? ...