development several CRM implementations - how to do it in a single physical machine?

Hi all,

I'm presently working on several CRM projects for various clients and I'm
having trouble with that as I only have 1 physical server to work on. Is
there any resolution to keep my customizations for those projects intact
from each other?

Lok

0
Keng
11/17/2004 1:31:50 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try using Virtual PC or Virtual Server.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:31:50 +0800, "Keng Yuen Lok"
<nospam_@_nospam_singnet.com.sg> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm presently working on several CRM projects for various clients and I'm
having trouble with that as I only have 1 physical server to work on. Is
there any resolution to keep my customizations for those projects intact
from each other?

Lok

0
Matt

CRM web client problem
Hello, I have installed MSCRM and have the following problem: if I enter to the web client to default page (http://mscrm/), I am redirected to the error page: Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Event log contains the following: --------------------- MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about ...

CRM 3.0 Salesstagecode
I have added the Sales Stage field to my opportunity form as I did in v1.2. It is a dropdown box but I cannot populate the dropdown fields as there is no Value TAb in the properties. Is this a known problem? Thanks ST If you go into the attributes DETAIL and then double-click on the salesstagecode row, it will bring you into a maintenance screen to populate the picklist. (I just finished doing this). As a word of caution, this sees to be totally unrelated to Sales Stage generated from the sales process (but I am not sure yet). "ril" wrote: > I have added the Sales ...

Adding Annotation Attachments in CRM 4.0
I have having a hard time figuring out how to upload a file to an annotation from code in CRM 4.0. It appears that the old UploadFromBase64 etc is no longer in the API. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind, I figured it out. You just have to send the encoded file to the documentbody property. ...

Probleme mit dem CRM Addin
Hallo zusammen, das Problem ist nicht neu, aber die L=F6sungen, die ich hier gelesen habe funktionieren nicht. Mein CRM Client lief bis letzte woche mit allen Benutzern reibungslos. Nun funktioniert bei einigen Benutzern das Addin nicht mehr. Ich kann =FCber den IE zugreifen und auch in Outlook selbst in der linken leiste in CRM arbeiten. lediglich CRM im Men=FC und die Werkzeugleiste sind grau unterlegt und die Fehlermeldung "Fehler beim laden der Microsoft CRM Funktionalit=E4t" erscheint. Ich habe das Addin schon einige Male entfernt und neu hinzugef=FCgt, der webserer und der crm...

Good Javascript for MS CRM book
Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScript side of CRM? I can see lot's of web javascript stuff but suspect the CRM side is a little different. Maybe a JavaScript bible then a smaller tomb to deal with the CRM specifics? Do such things exist? Hi Pat, Check out David Flanagans book on Javascript. You will also find lots of good stuff on the SDK documentation. Check out the CRM developer forum too. Regs, -- Peter Clements Certified Microsoft Dynamics CRM Professional Capgemini UK "Pat Horridge" wrote: > Whats the best reference book to get for teh JavaScr...

CRM Web client times out on laptop users only
We have a small office of 16. 8 of the CRM clients are laptop/notebook users. On 2 of these, the CRM web clients will time out or shut down for no apparent reason. Both of the two notebooks run Win XP, one of them has service pack 2 and the reccommended patches for CRM installed. No other users experience this. Is there a way to find out what is causing this? If it were the global timeout value for CRM web (300 seconds - 5 minutes), would't all machines have the same problem. The user usually only has Outlook and CRM open and nothing else. How best can I debug this problem? ...

CRM Email 01-20-04
i installed crm 1.2 on win2k3 ent. exch 2k3 ... i have 2 exch. svrs. the main one is exch. 2k and this is 2ndary exch 2k3 ... and 2ndary ad... i can send out emails using my "sales for outlook crm email" but i dot recieve any emails... can someone tell me what i did wrong...?? anything with config. ...?? thanks..for your time...and your help... AD | | |------------------------------------| | | | | ...

No access rights to send direct-email using a CRM template
When attempting to send direct-email from Microsoft CRM, I get the error message. "You do not have sufficient access rights or privelages to perform this action". I am the system administrator and amusing CRM1.2. Any suggestions would be great!!! If you have access to Partnersource there is a KB article (900420) about this error. This problem occurs because the user account that was used to send the direct e-mail message does not have the Local Activation permission on the CrmBulkMailService DCOM object. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Steve Coull&qu...

CRM 4.0 System Views
Hello, I'm trying to find the system views such as "active contacts" or "No Orders - Last 6 Months" in the database from CRM. It must be either views or filters... but they must be somewhere in the database. I have no clue where it is and can't find it. Could anyone please give me a little hint? Greets Falko Check the Table "savedquery" ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Dotnet Developer looking for project.
Hi Greetings looking for dotnet develope project with sharepoint. please let me know how my resume should be like we have to add any more skills. Jagadeesh satish@globalinfotechinc.com 217-241-2015 SUMMARY * Over Seven years of experience in analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of object-oriented, client-server multi-tier web applications. * More than Two years experience as a SharePoint Developer in installing, configuring, developing and administering Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) with Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS 3.0) and Microsoft Share...

How to Write Custom Code in C# To Implement Out own Logic
I want to Calculate Insurence Premium based on the County and Property Value. For that sake I Placed two fields County and Property Value and than I need to write a code that will fire when System calculated radio Button will be selected in Opportunity Page. Please tell me How To write this code in CRM and specify where this in a particular fied work. Sp Kumar You should check out the SDK and look into Callouts as that seems to be the right place for this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SP KUmar" <SP KUmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819CFAE...

Can the "track in CRM" dialogue box for the Outlook be customised?
We are running CRM 3.0 with a mixture of Outlook 2003 and 2007 clients, with the CRM integration plugin installed. Is it possible to customise the window that pops up when the "Track in CRM - Set Regarding" button is clicked in an email? There does not seem to be any way of filtering the list of cases etc that is returned in this window, and once you have more than a few dozen cases in the system, relating an email to the correct case gets increasingly time consuming. To be able to filter automatically on non-resolved cases would be ideal. Any ideas anyone? Thanks ...

Transposing a column to several rows
I have a large file with many rows; let's say it looks like this: start data1 data2 data3 data4 start data1 data2 start data1 data2 data3 .... What I want to do is transpose the column to a row, and then each time the word START appears, start a new row. So the above would look like this: start data1 data2 data3 data4 start data1 data2 start data1 data2 data3 .... Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Scott Make sure you make a backup copy of your data before using the code I just posted "walkersc@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a large file with many rows; let's say i...

protect a single row of formulas
how do I protect a single row or group of rows (or columns) without protecting the entire sheet. I have tried everything that I can think of but nothing works. I have a spreadsheet that tracks labor hours. I have several rows and columns I need protected, leaving areas for data entry. Hi basically, you need to "unlock" the bits you want people to get to (format / cell / protection and untick the locked check box) and then protect the sheet (tools / protection / protect sheet). -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anywa...

Reg Cleaner to delete a single orphaned entry ...
I was looking to clear an entry for the Security Center - it seems to think that a ZoneAlarm program is still installed and alerts me to let me know that it is not started; if I don't have an AV solution installed. I wasn't looking to increase performance, but trust me - I will be running Erunt and RegOpt (I know I have whitespace (I can see it when I open the registry <--- VERY bad joke 8-{>)) - I believe that those are tools everyone should have ... If someone can point me in the right direction to clear this orphaned entry, I would gladly manually delete it r...

Re-Enable CRM User

crm mobile connection problems
Seems like everyone else's problems get past the three websites that they should be able to access (ssCERDA, CRMMobileSubscriptions, etc.). My problem, however, is that I can't even get access to these websites on either the mobile or a webpage. All I get is a standard 404 error. Any suggests on what I should check or do? Also, this is a direct connection through ActiveSync. Connection is set to "connected to: The Internet". Error on the mobile client side says: "cannot connect with current connection settings. To chang eyour settings, tap settings" N...

Rotating a single page within a multipage Publisher file
I'm working on an eight page newsletter and would like the back page to be a calendar in landscape view. All attempts to display a single page as landscape while the rest are portrait have failed. I can make them all portrait or all landscape. I suspect if it can be done it will be creating a master page but have not yet been successful. Is there a way? Robin You can either have it as a separate document or create the calendar, group it, and then rotate it 90�. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Robin Cowdrey" <cowdreyrNOSPAM@telusplanet.net> wrot...

Auto Accept won't work for single resource
Hi, I have about 25 "resources" in my org and they all work fine through the auto accept script. Today, I'd like to add a resource that completely allows for duplicate entries into the calendar. I thought this would do it but it seems that I am still getting denied when overlaps in scheduling occur. I'd just like this resource to accept everything (yes, even overlapping appointments). I've checked all of the addressing and everything is correct and gone through what the global vs. mailbox settings are and I beilieve I've captured everything. Here is my X...

Logon issues with CRM services
Greetings everyone! Currently all of the CRM services are running under the domain admin account. About once a day, CRM will not open, and I'll have to go into the MMC, re-enter the domain admin's password to give the accout logon rights for the service, and restart the service for CRM to be accessible again. This is a serious pain since it happens about once a day. Does anyone know why this occurs and how I can fix it? Michael Losapio Support/Developer TwinEngines, Inc. ...

CRM in outlook dissappear
CRM 1.2 outlook2003 One of my users got the problem today. No CRM tool bar in outlook. The CRM structure in the Folder List is still there. but no web page shows when clicked. He can still http://crmsvr to see CRM web pages in IE. How to solve the problem? Tranks in advance. We have this happen constantly... still haven't figured out why - -maybe palm??? improper shutdown?? oh well... the fix: From Outlook main manu, go to Help, About MS Outlook, Disabled items. If the addin shows up, enable it. Then, from Outlook main menu, go to Tools, Options, Other tab, Advanced Option...

GP-CRM Connector
hi all, I've just installed the GP - CRM connector. It works correctly when I update account information or inventory items. The data changes flow correctly between CRM and GP (and back). However, when creating a Sales Order and submitting it I get the following eConnect error: Procedure or function 'taSOPHdrIvcInsert' expects parameter '@I_vDOCID', which was not supplied. Any ideas? Thanks. Jeff Are you specifying the "order type" in mscrm? Please make sure that you specify either an integrated "order type" in mscrm order or you specif...

How to change Background hue & Title of MS CRM 3.0
Appreciate your help. ...

Here is the requirement for .Net Application Developer which is in CT
Hi, Hope you are doing well. Role: .Net Application Developer/ Analyst Location: Norwalk, CT Start: ASAP Duration: 3+ Months JOB PURPOSE: Develop and support Microsoft .NET, iSeries and Siebel platform deliverables. Areas of responsibility focused on C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server based development in a service centric web based environment. Also included in the RPG development platform as well as the Siebel configuration. Must work closely with internal customers to support their needs. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, TASKS: =B7Works independently and in teams on development assig...

How to print address label from single business card?
I like to print a single mailing label from the Contact record in Outlook. Can I do it from the Business Card. -- G. Vance, Ph.D. Products That Matter.ca Kinder, Safer, Faster Disinfectants Dundas, Ontario "George Vance" <GeorgeVance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42C2EBAF-8A8B-461D-8458-A7CD42B487D2@microsoft.com... > I like to print a single mailing label from the Contact record in Outlook. > Can I do it from the Business Card. > -- > G. Vance, Ph.D. > Products That Matter.ca > Kinder, Safer, Faster Disinfectants >...