Desperately seeking help re: Web access and Administrator Account

Hi, I've just installed CRM 3 on SBS, and have it working to the point where
it shows up in Outlook on my desktop. I have data in BCM that I want to
migrate, and I've installed the migration wizard. Everything worked up to the
last Verification step, where I get the message "Current user does not have
Restricted Access Mode". From various threads I've read, it appears that this
can be set for the Administrator, but I can't find the place to do that. I
can't get CRM to open up in a browser, so the only tools I have for opening
it up are the ones that appear in Start / All Programs. I've tried entering
several different URLs into the browser; some of them flash a screen by with
a message, but it's so fast I can't read it. Others just give me the screen
that says the page can't be displayed.

I think I'm really close to getting this, but I need some clearly described
steps for getting to the screen where I can set user permissions.

Any advice here would very, very much appreciated.

Tom Goodell
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dear Tom,

First of all, the problem you are facing has to do with a popup blocker. The
website that is flashing is the one you want.
To work around this problem, add the address to the trusted sites in
Internet Explorer.

Try loading the page loader.aspx from the address that is flashing: like
http://server:5555/loader.aspx.

Then go to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Users
Open the User you are trying to do this for and there you go...

--
Erik van Hoof
CWR Mobility

"Tom Goodell" <Tom Goodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I've just installed CRM 3 on SBS, and have it working to the point
> where
> it shows up in Outlook on my desktop. I have data in BCM that I want to
> migrate, and I've installed the migration wizard. Everything worked up to
> the
> last Verification step, where I get the message "Current user does not
> have
> Restricted Access Mode". From various threads I've read, it appears that
> this
> can be set for the Administrator, but I can't find the place to do that. I
> can't get CRM to open up in a browser, so the only tools I have for
> opening
> it up are the ones that appear in Start / All Programs. I've tried
> entering
> several different URLs into the browser; some of them flash a screen by
> with
> a message, but it's so fast I can't read it. Others just give me the
> screen
> that says the page can't be displayed.
>
> I think I'm really close to getting this, but I need some clearly
> described
> steps for getting to the screen where I can set user permissions.
>
> Any advice here would very, very much appreciated.
>
> Tom Goodell

0
Erik
5/2/2006 4:50:36 AM
Erik - many many thanks! I had everything right, but nowhere did I find the
reference to "loader.aspx". When I added that to the URL it opened fine, and
I was able to make the change I needed. Thanks for such a clear description
of what to do.

Tom

"Erik van Hoof (CWR Mobility)" wrote:

> Dear Tom,
>
> First of all, the problem you are facing has to do with a popup blocker. The
> website that is flashing is the one you want.
> To work around this problem, add the address to the trusted sites in
> Internet Explorer.
>
> Try loading the page loader.aspx from the address that is flashing: like
> http://server:5555/loader.aspx.
>
> Then go to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Users
> Open the User you are trying to do this for and there you go...
>
> --
> Erik van Hoof
> CWR Mobility
> Check our weblog at: http://www.cwrmobility.com/weblog
>

> "Tom Goodell" <Tom Goodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I've just installed CRM 3 on SBS, and have it working to the point
> > where
> > it shows up in Outlook on my desktop. I have data in BCM that I want to
> > migrate, and I've installed the migration wizard. Everything worked up to
> > the
> > last Verification step, where I get the message "Current user does not
> > have
> > Restricted Access Mode". From various threads I've read, it appears that
> > this
> > can be set for the Administrator, but I can't find the place to do that. I
> > can't get CRM to open up in a browser, so the only tools I have for
> > opening
> > it up are the ones that appear in Start / All Programs. I've tried
> > entering
> > several different URLs into the browser; some of them flash a screen by
> > with
> > a message, but it's so fast I can't read it. Others just give me the
> > screen
> > that says the page can't be displayed.
> >
> > I think I'm really close to getting this, but I need some clearly
> > described
> > steps for getting to the screen where I can set user permissions.
> >
> > Any advice here would very, very much appreciated.
> >
> > Tom Goodell

Watch Accounts
I've set up a watch account to use as a model for an investing strategy I'd like to try. In doing so, I want to be able to track theoretical purchases and sales of individual stocks. I want to track sales and realized gains on my Account Summary window, so I've customized my view to do that. After entering a purchase, the stock shows up just fine on my account summary, but after I sell all shares, it no longer shows up so I'm not able to track realized gains. How can I get Money to continue to display the stocks I no longer "own" in my watch account? a w...

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Help, I cannot Save!

open two different Access reports

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Help Required

Converting Opportunity to Account

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Web query timeout setting.

Archiving Projects in Project Accounting
Has anyone found a way to archive closed projects? Thanks. ...

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Need HELP! for Linking data

compact database in VBA access 2007