Designing Report Troubles - Adventure Works Cycle Database

Hi,

We just tried to customize a report with Visual Studio 2003
We followed the instructions from the book Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0
from MS Press.

We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,..
... not made any changes yet ..
... but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error

"No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa ..
and the connection was tested successfully.

Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know
what the adeventure works cycle database is :-))
Why is AWC named in the "dataset" all over the place?
Where is a step by step instructions to find for dummys (I am the dummy, our
programmers to edit reports the whole day, but they don't have time for me to
find the bug)

Once we installed the CRM server, some things didn't run so our admin
changed the user for some services like BULK mail to network - does this
affect?

thanks for any ideas and help

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hey,

This dataset surprised me too, especially when I downloaded the reports off
of our live CRM server, which should have had our Dataset explicitly
referenced. But don't worry about it, just set your connection string to your
live system. To do so, follow the steps below (If you in do actually want to
use the AWC connection, follow the steps below anyways, there's probably a
setting in Step 6 or 7 that needs to be changed):

1.) In the Data tab of the report you're modifying, click the elipse '...'
button
2.) Your dataset name is probably CRM. Click the elipse button next to the
dataset name
3.) The Data Source dialog will open. You'll see the Adventure_Works_Cycle
connection string. Click the "Edit..." button
4.) The Datalink Provider dialog will open. The default tab should be the
Connection tab. If not, click the Connection tab. There are 3 options to make
the connection work.
5.) Number 1. In the "Select or enter a server name", select your live CRM
Server
6.) Number 2. Make sure the "Use Windows NT Integrated Secutriy" option
button. (This is usually the issue)
7.) Number 3.) Select the CRM Database.
8.) Click the "Test Connection" button.

That should do it. Click the 'OK' buttons and you should be able to produce
a dataset.

Let me know if this works/Doesn't work, I'll try to help troubleshoot some
more

"A.K.B." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We just tried to customize a report with Visual Studio 2003
> We followed the instructions from the book Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0
> from MS Press.
>
> We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,..
> .. not made any changes yet ..
> .. but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error
>
> "No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa ..
> and the connection was tested successfully.
>
> Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know
> what the adeventure works cycle database is :-))
> Why is AWC named in the "dataset" all over the place?
> Where is a step by step instructions to find for dummys (I am the dummy, our
> programmers to edit reports the whole day, but they don't have time for me to
> find the bug)
>
> Once we installed the CRM server, some things didn't run so our admin
> changed the user for some services like BULK mail to network - does this
> affect?
>
> thanks for any ideas and help

Hi,
Thank you for your help. I installed SQLServer2000 and ReportDesigner on my
own computer and followed your guide. Within the Data Source Generel tab I
used edit and everything is fine! also the conection test passes.

But still in the preview there comes: SQL server does not exist or access
denied
(Windowsauthentification failed - I used sa and our password)
My windowsuser is not an admin, but in the dataset the primary sa account is
used

So what else could be wrong?

best regards
Antonio

"MD" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> This dataset surprised me too, especially when I downloaded the reports off
> of our live CRM server, which should have had our Dataset explicitly
> referenced. But don't worry about it, just set your connection string to your
> live system. To do so, follow the steps below (If you in do actually want to
> use the AWC connection, follow the steps below anyways, there's probably a
> setting in Step 6 or 7 that needs to be changed):
>
> 1.) In the Data tab of the report you're modifying, click the elipse '...'
> button
> 2.) Your dataset name is probably CRM. Click the elipse button next to the
> dataset name
> 3.) The Data Source dialog will open. You'll see the Adventure_Works_Cycle
> connection string. Click the "Edit..." button
> 4.) The Datalink Provider dialog will open. The default tab should be the
> Connection tab. If not, click the Connection tab. There are 3 options to make
> the connection work.
> 5.) Number 1. In the "Select or enter a server name", select your live CRM
> Server
> 6.) Number 2. Make sure the "Use Windows NT Integrated Secutriy" option
> button. (This is usually the issue)
> 7.) Number 3.) Select the CRM Database.
> 8.) Click the "Test Connection" button.
>
> That should do it. Click the 'OK' buttons and you should be able to produce
> a dataset.
>
> Let me know if this works/Doesn't work, I'll try to help troubleshoot some
> more
>
> "A.K.B." wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We just tried to customize a report with Visual Studio 2003
> > We followed the instructions from the book Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0
> > from MS Press.
> >
> > We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,..
> > .. not made any changes yet ..
> > .. but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error
> >
> > "No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa ..
> > and the connection was tested successfully.
> >
> > Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know
> > what the adeventure works cycle database is :-))
> > Why is AWC named in the "dataset" all over the place?
> > Where is a step by step instructions to find for dummys (I am the dummy, our
> > programmers to edit reports the whole day, but they don't have time for me to
> > find the bug)
> >
> > Once we installed the CRM server, some things didn't run so our admin
> > changed the user for some services like BULK mail to network - does this
> > affect?
> >
> > thanks for any ideas and help

Thank you for the dry,

I installed a new SQL2000 with VS2003 and Reportdesigner now on my own
workstation. This eliminated the trouble with the wrong database.

I followed your guidline and tested a lot.

But it still doesn't work correctly. When I use NT Authentification I have
no access to the database on the CRM-Server. When I use the sa account the
Dataset Properties Dialog says everything ok - also the check connection
works!

But when I click back to the report on review it says - failure.
SQL server not available or access denied.

Thanks a lot for trying to help!

"MD" wrote:

> Hey,
>
> This dataset surprised me too, especially when I downloaded the reports off
> of our live CRM server, which should have had our Dataset explicitly
> referenced. But don't worry about it, just set your connection string to your
> live system. To do so, follow the steps below (If you in do actually want to
> use the AWC connection, follow the steps below anyways, there's probably a
> setting in Step 6 or 7 that needs to be changed):
>
> 1.) In the Data tab of the report you're modifying, click the elipse '...'
> button
> 2.) Your dataset name is probably CRM. Click the elipse button next to the
> dataset name
> 3.) The Data Source dialog will open. You'll see the Adventure_Works_Cycle
> connection string. Click the "Edit..." button
> 4.) The Datalink Provider dialog will open. The default tab should be the
> Connection tab. If not, click the Connection tab. There are 3 options to make
> the connection work.
> 5.) Number 1. In the "Select or enter a server name", select your live CRM
> Server
> 6.) Number 2. Make sure the "Use Windows NT Integrated Secutriy" option
> button. (This is usually the issue)
> 7.) Number 3.) Select the CRM Database.
> 8.) Click the "Test Connection" button.
>
> That should do it. Click the 'OK' buttons and you should be able to produce
> a dataset.
>
> Let me know if this works/Doesn't work, I'll try to help troubleshoot some
> more
>
> "A.K.B." wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We just tried to customize a report with Visual Studio 2003
> > We followed the instructions from the book Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0
> > from MS Press.
> >
> > We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,..
> > .. not made any changes yet ..
> > .. but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error
> >
> > "No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa ..
> > and the connection was tested successfully.
> >
> > Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know
> > what the adeventure works cycle database is :-))
> > Why is AWC named in the "dataset" all over the place?
> > Where is a step by step instructions to find for dummys (I am the dummy, our
> > programmers to edit reports the whole day, but they don't have time for me to
> > find the bug)
> >
> > Once we installed the CRM server, some things didn't run so our admin
> > changed the user for some services like BULK mail to network - does this
> > affect?
> >
> > thanks for any ideas and help

Have you check to make sure that the sa account ias a memeber of
ReportingGroup? Also, if it is not already, make the NTAuth account a member
of this security Group too, as it may help with the NTAuth issue.

"A.K.B." wrote:

> [...]
> > > from MS Press.
> > >
> > > We downloaded the reports, we set up a project,..
> > > .. not made any changes yet ..
> > > .. but the report is not able to preview and brings up the following error
> > >
> > > "No connection to Adventure_works_cycle" even we made a connection to sa ..
> > > and the connection was tested successfully.
> > >
> > > Why is the report drying to use a database that is not installed? (I know
> > > what the adeventure works cycle database is :-))
> > > Why is AWC named in the "dataset" all over the place?
> > > Where is a step by step instructions to find for dummys (I am the dummy, our
> > > programmers to edit reports the whole day, but they don't have time for me to
> > > find the bug)
> > >
> > > Once we installed the CRM server, some things didn't run so our admin
> > > changed the user for some services like BULK mail to network - does this

Thank you for this hint, sounds like it could be my troublemaker,
I will check this as soon as possible with our IT stuff.

best regards
Antonio

"MD" wrote:

> Have you check to make sure that the sa account ias a memeber of
> ReportingGroup? Also, if it is not already, make the NTAuth account a member
> of this security Group too, as it may help with the NTAuth issue.
>
> "A.K.B." wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the dry,
> >
> > I installed a new SQL2000 with VS2003 and Reportdesigner now on my own
> > workstation. This eliminated the trouble with the wrong database.
> >
> > I followed your guidline and tested a lot.
> >
> > But it still doesn't work correctly. When I use NT Authentification I have
> > no access to the database on the CRM-Server. When I use the sa account the
> > Dataset Properties Dialog says everything ok - also the check connection
> > works!
> >
> > But when I click back to the report on review it says - failure.
> > SQL server not available or access denied.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for trying to help!
> >
> > "MD" wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > This dataset surprised me too, especially when I downloaded the reports off
> > > of our live CRM server, which should have had our Dataset explicitly
> > > referenced. But don't worry about it, just set your connection string to your
> > > live system. To do so, follow the steps below (If you in do actually want to
> > > use the AWC connection, follow the steps below anyways, there's probably a
> > > setting in Step 6 or 7 that needs to be changed):
> > >
> > > 1.) In the Data tab of the report you're modifying, click the elipse '...'
> > > button
> > > 2.) Your dataset name is probably CRM. Click the elipse button next to the
> > > dataset name
> > > 3.) The Data Source dialog will open. You'll see the Adventure_Works_Cycle
> > > connection string. Click the "Edit..." button
> > > 4.) The Datalink Provider dialog will open. The default tab should be the
> > > Connection tab. If not, click the Connection tab. There are 3 options to make
> > > the connection work.
> > > 5.) Number 1. In the "Select or enter a server name", select your live CRM
> > > Server
> > > 6.) Number 2. Make sure the "Use Windows NT Integrated Secutriy" option
> > > button. (This is usually the issue)
> > > 7.) Number 3.) Select the CRM Database.
> > > 8.) Click the "Test Connection" button.
> > >
> > > That should do it. Click the 'OK' buttons and you should be able to produce
> > > a dataset.
> > >
> > > Let me know if this works/Doesn't work, I'll try to help troubleshoot some
> > > more

Hi,

Thank you for the hint, our Master Admin just changed some things following
your
writing (including changing "local" to the CRM-SERVER within the dataset)
and it works now!

I edited the report and uploaded it through the webclient, but it doesn't
run yet,
I will keep on working till I get it done :-)

"MD" wrote:

> Have you check to make sure that the sa account ias a memeber of
> ReportingGroup? Also, if it is not already, make the NTAuth account a member
> of this security Group too, as it may help with the NTAuth issue.
>
> "A.K.B." wrote:
>
> > Thank you for the dry,
> >
> > I installed a new SQL2000 with VS2003 and Reportdesigner now on my own
> > workstation. This eliminated the trouble with the wrong database.
> >
> > I followed your guidline and tested a lot.
> >
> > But it still doesn't work correctly. When I use NT Authentification I have
> > no access to the database on the CRM-Server. When I use the sa account the
> > Dataset Properties Dialog says everything ok - also the check connection
> > works!
> >
> > But when I click back to the report on review it says - failure.
> > SQL server not available or access denied.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for trying to help!
> >
> > "MD" wrote:
> >
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > This dataset surprised me too, especially when I downloaded the reports off
> > > of our live CRM server, which should have had our Dataset explicitly
> > > referenced. But don't worry about it, just set your connection string to your
> > > live system. To do so, follow the steps below (If you in do actually want to
> > > use the AWC connection, follow the steps below anyways, there's probably a
> > > setting in Step 6 or 7 that needs to be changed):
> > >
> > > 1.) In the Data tab of the report you're modifying, click the elipse '...'
> > > button
> > > 2.) Your dataset name is probably CRM. Click the elipse button next to the
> > > dataset name
> > > 3.) The Data Source dialog will open. You'll see the Adventure_Works_Cycle
> > > connection string. Click the "Edit..." button
> > > 4.) The Datalink Provider dialog will open. The default tab should be the
> > > Connection tab. If not, click the Connection tab. There are 3 options to make
> > > the connection work.
> > > 5.) Number 1. In the "Select or enter a server name", select your live CRM
> > > Server
> > > 6.) Number 2. Make sure the "Use Windows NT Integrated Secutriy" option
> > > button. (This is usually the issue)
> > > 7.) Number 3.) Select the CRM Database.
> > > 8.) Click the "Test Connection" button.
> > >
> > > That should do it. Click the 'OK' buttons and you should be able to produce
> > > a dataset.
> > >
> > > Let me know if this works/Doesn't work, I'll try to help troubleshoot some
> > > more

HELP!!! My X/Z/ZZ Reports Show $0.00
Just started usinf RMS and find that even though sales are journaling fine and daily sales reports accurately show totals, whenever I run an X/Z/ZZ report, the Tender Type is cash an the amount is $0. Is there something that needs to be set to enable these reports? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012D_01C924B0.29D15B00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Comickaze, Sounds like you have other open batches. Every time you lose connection = with the server and you have Terminal Offline enabled, ...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Viewing toolbar while in report
I've pretty much got this danged database ready for users, but am having a problem with the custom print toolbar I created not showing up in reports. I designated the custom print toolbar in each report property box (those that use it), but the toolbar doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Linda ...

Spell Checker Does Not Work 02-16-10
I am editing a Word document sent to me from someone else. I think they originally created it in AmiPro. For some reason the spell checker does not work in this file. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make the spell checker work? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dk2" <dk2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72E8E257-7E50-4859-BD99-125BAFBEEDB6@microsoft.com... >I am editing a Word document sent to me from someone else. I think they > originally created it in A...

Third Party Dictionary Reports
Hi All, We are creating a custom table that has a one to one relationship with Sales Transaction Amounts Work, so it has the required SOPTYPE, SOPNUMBE, LNITMSEQ and CMPTSEQ columns to create the join. I need to add this table to the Blank Invoice, so that I can print the new custom fields. What should we do to ensure that these fields are available? Thanks in advance for your assistance Regards HS You have to use Dexterity to accomplish this goal. A separate dictionary has to be created. Based on working with a developer, it's a difficult task. I think using Crystal is a much bett...

Crystal Reports XI password storage
In earlier versions of Crystal Reports, the user id and password to access the GP tables were able to be stored in the connection properties so that they did not have to be entered when refreshing a report. I can store the used id, but I have not been able to find a way to store the password in Crystal Reports XI. Does anyone know if this is still possible and how it can be done? Thanks. How Early? I have been using Crystal since V4 and don't remember that. However, You can set up a trusted group and use that trusted relationship when creating your reports. In this manner, y...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Custom Reports Using MS Access?
Ran across a thread where Glen Adams suggested using MS Access to create custom reports instead of Crystal Reports. But Glenn never said where to point Access to obtain the needed information to create the reports. Glenn, if you are watching can you give us some more info on how to use Access to create a report? I'm not Glen... I think you would use ODBC... to connect to the RMS database. Then use Access to connect via ODBC... Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0df801c46ea7$d79b00b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Rules Not Working
Hi, Is there any reason why none of the rules I created in WLM work??? They're for my ISP email, not Hotmail. When I "apply" them, WLM goes through the motions but none of my emails mentioned in the rules get moved to their designated folders. I don't have Outlook on this particular computer nor do I have any intentions of installing it. I'm using Vista as well. Thanks In Advance Abb N This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01CA8CA3.7BD84790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transf...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
We need to create a report from our accounting program which contains about 200 .db files. I have determined that the required information is contained in only 3 of those files. Out of those 3 files I need about 30 fields of data. The end result is that those 30 fields of data have to be placed into an existing excel spreadsheet in specific columns which has 97 total columns. For example one db file contains data which has to be placed into column c of the excel spreadsheet. another db file has data which has to be placed into column z of that same spreadsheet and so on Th...

How to print Z report twice?
Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report can only be run once. Is it true? If not how can i retrieve the information again and run the report for the 2nd time? You can find it in the journal viewer just like a receipt and reprint it from there. <oez4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154589409.592371.315400@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to > run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report...

Not working...
I tried to do it, but it is still not working. But, I noticed something strange today. If I open my application, then I move to another application, or minimize it - and when I retore my application, it looks fine!! I don't know what is going on... Any help will be appreciate!! Judith Just a thought... If you explained what the problem was, you would probably have a much better chance of getting someone who could figure out why it is happening. I don't know if you've already discussed it in a thread somewhere but this post was not connected with any previous posts. -- Jona...

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Closing another database with VBA
Hi, I’m having a problem with the code to do the following… 1- A user opens a file called Core. 2- Upon opening the splash screen (on the Form_Load event), it compares a version number it finds within the database to one that is in another database called Data. 3- If the versions are different, the Core file opens the Updater file. 4- The Updater file closes the Core file. 5- The Updater file copies the latest version of the Core file (located somewhere else) and replaces the first one with the latest version. 6- The Updater opens the newly copied Core file. 7- The Updater closes itself. ...

I would like to design a logo for a new superstore
I just can't seem to get an inspiration to design a logo to use for this superstore. Even coming up with a name seems to be a difficult task. Inspiration here, over 7,000,000 hits http://images.google.com/images?q=logo&hl=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "tinard" <tinard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8F1689-4D1A-401C-BE11-2F2DB3CF34A6@microsoft.com... >I just can't seem to get an inspiration to desig...

Exporting a Report to Excel
I have a program that allows the user to select a report from a drop down that is followed by a filter option window that I have used and it works great. However this new project requires that each of the reports have the option to be exported to excel. In the past I have used the following code with just the first two Cases. stDocName is the name of the report set by the dropdown and sFilter is the requested filter built by the users selections. My problem is Case 3! This will do just what I want accept I can not pass it the filter, so all the records are moved, not the filte...

Transfer data manually onto other database
Hello, I am needing to transfer data onto a Mysql database. I have had some advice and am trying to find a software solution. So main features are to be able to migrate large amounts of contacts and data every day. The migration should be done manually. Thanks a lot! Look here: http://www.kitebird.com/articles/access-migrate.html#TOC_6 and here: http://www.bullzip.com/products/a2m/info.php Regards Kevin "Guertas" <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDFFC964-C78A-446E-A7AA-5F4E632FF20A@microsoft.com... > Hello, > >...

Sales Pipeline
I am trying to add a new column (Customer Name) to this report, looking at the sql behin it I can see that it is dynamice, therefore when I modify the sql to generate a column I can't see it when I refresh the dataset (however I know I've added it). I then add a column with my new value as the source and save it. However once I deploy the report, I get an error in CRM , has anyone ever added a new colummn to this CRM report before successfully? If so any tips as to what may be causing this? IS there an error log for these kind of erros anywhere as the message I get back has no info? T...

Use specific printer for reports in view mode
I designed a report using printer HP5000 PLC6 and the paper size is A3 in landscape. When I open the report in my laptop and I want to show the report in my resentation, it can not showed all contents of the reort, just a hals is shown, my question is how can we assign this printer to this reprot when I open it, although I do not need to print it, this is just for my resentation. My printer default in mypc is lHP desckjet 690c -- H. Frank Situmorang Might try installing the printer driver for the HP5000 PLC6. Might try suing the printer "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer&qu...

Leave out tax sheltered annuities in workers compensation report
We are a government entity and do not report tax shetered annuties on our Workers Compensation Report. We use Great Plains 8.0 and are in the process of upgrading to 9.0. We would like to see a button to choose what taxes to include on our Workers Compensation Report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Complusory Work Order
Hi there I am trying to make qork order as the default input screen. That is when a sale is done instead of it being a invoice or receipt it needs to be a work order. I know this can be achived via macro or using the WORK ORDER fuction already avaiable. But i was hoping if there was a way to actually get the POS started in Work order screen by default. -- Cheers Topi It can be done with an add-in. Ask your reseller for help with this... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respo...

making my own reports......
I am doing a mailshot next month and i have several customertypeid's set up for all my different customers, i have a report which shows everything i need (|Customer name, address1,address2,state,zip,country) but i want account type id to be available on the report so i can filter it accordingly, when i add the following to the report i get errors - can anyone help? If i just plonk this into a customer list report should it work? I did this to add the country colum to my reports and it worked ok! Begin Column FieldName = "AccountTypeID" DrillDownFieldName = "&qu...

vbscript insert into access 2003 database with two different table
I am trying to insert data collected by WMI. Here is the script On Error Resume Next Const HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001 Const HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE = &H80000002 Const ForReading = 1 'Create FSO Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 'Create an environment for the script to work Set wshshell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 'Connection to the database Set cnn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") 'Connection to a Recordset Set objRecordSet = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset") 'Opens the Database ...

Downloading report
Trying to download the invoice/quote sub-report. I have installed the trail version of CRM 4.0. I complete the download of the report (download as a 48KB file), however when I try to open the report I receive an error as the bottom of the report is cut off. Both reports I downloaded were 48KB leading me to believe this is the maximum size? Help appreciated. ...