Deleting system locked fields

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system
calculated?" field on the Opportunities form?  We always have
user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I
can't delete it.  Anyone know how I can get around this?

0
WiLLerZ
10/26/2006 6:32:25 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can not delete those fields.
But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some
javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users.

HTH,

Frederic - Travi@ta
www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu

WiLLerZ schreef:

> Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system
> calculated?" field on the Opportunities form?  We always have
> user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I
> can't delete it.  Anyone know how I can get around this?

0
Frederic
10/26/2006 6:36:25 AM
I came across a similar thing when working on a case form. We didn't need a
couple of fields, but they couldn't be removed.

The workaround I used was to make an extra tab and put the unused fields on
that tab and then hid the tab in the Form OnLoad event.

Use:
crmForm.all.tab2Tab.style.display="none";
The number 2 is the tab number. Just have a play around with different
numbers to find the tab you want removed.

Alternatively, you can hide the field or fields in startup code, but that
requires more code and I'm a big fan of less is more.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jim

"WiLLerZ" <willerz69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system
> calculated?" field on the Opportunities form?  We always have
> user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I
> can't delete it.  Anyone know how I can get around this?

0
Jim
10/26/2006 6:40:22 AM
Hi

 You can  do this by two steps

1. go to attribute settings
2.  select isrevenuesystemcalculated  attribute   set default value to
user provided
3.   hide the entire row on the form load event

crmForm.all.isrevenuesystemcalculated_c.style.display='none'
crmForm.all.isrevenuesystemcalculated_d.style.display='none'

hope this help s
Regards
Rakesh Agarwal

Jim Olsen wrote:
> I came across a similar thing when working on a case form. We didn't need a
> couple of fields, but they couldn't be removed.
>
> The workaround I used was to make an extra tab and put the unused fields on
> that tab and then hid the tab in the Form OnLoad event.
>
> Use:
> crmForm.all.tab2Tab.style.display="none";
> The number 2 is the tab number. Just have a play around with different
> numbers to find the tab you want removed.
>
> Alternatively, you can hide the field or fields in startup code, but that
> requires more code and I'm a big fan of less is more.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Jim
>
> "WiLLerZ" <willerz69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system
> > calculated?" field on the Opportunities form?  We always have
> > user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I
> > can't delete it.  Anyone know how I can get around this?

0
rakesh
10/26/2006 8:47:20 AM
Cool thanks.  Stumbled a little bit as I had turned off the label
display for that field, so if anyone else has any problems, make sure
the label is turned on first.
Cheers

rakesh wrote:
> Hi
>
>  You can  do this by two steps
>
> 1. go to attribute settings
> 2.  select isrevenuesystemcalculated  attribute   set default value to
> user provided
> 3.   hide the entire row on the form load event
>

> crmForm.all.isrevenuesystemcalculated_c.style.display='none'
> crmForm.all.isrevenuesystemcalculated_d.style.display='none'
>

> hope this help s
> Regards
> Rakesh Agarwal
>

> Jim Olsen wrote:
> > I came across a similar thing when working on a case form. We didn't need a
> > couple of fields, but they couldn't be removed.
> >
> > The workaround I used was to make an extra tab and put the unused fields on
> > that tab and then hid the tab in the Form OnLoad event.
> >
> > Use:
> > crmForm.all.tab2Tab.style.display="none";
> > The number 2 is the tab number. Just have a play around with different
> > numbers to find the tab you want removed.
> >
> > Alternatively, you can hide the field or fields in startup code, but that
> > requires more code and I'm a big fan of less is more.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jim
> >
> > "WiLLerZ" <willerz69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system
> > > calculated?" field on the Opportunities form?  We always have
> > > user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I
> > > can't delete it.  Anyone know how I can get around this?

0
WiLLerZ
10/29/2006 11:03:59 PM
Hi,

This is how I hide the Contract and Contract Line Lookup Fields that
appear in the Case form.

crmForm.all.contractid.style.display="none";

crmForm.all.contractid_c.style.display="none";

crmForm.all.contractid_d.style.display="none";

crmForm.all.contractdetailid.style.display="none";

crmForm.all.contractdetailid_c.style.display="none";

crmForm.all.contractdetailid_d.style.display="none";

0
nygiantswin2005

How can I delete a line created with Shift+underscore?
I can no longer select this line, so how can I delete it. When I search help for how to delete a "rule," it brings up everything BUT what I'm talking about. I'm using Office 2007, and ever since it was installed, I can't find anything and stuff happens that makes NO sense at all. How and why did that simple underline become some permanent fixture in teh email I'de REALLY LIKE TO SEND, NOW. Please help! Outlook Help is Useless! WCW That line is actually a "Border Line". Try the following: - Select eveything above and below the line - Select the FOR...

IM v10 after upgrade
After upgrading to v10 from v9. All existing integrations are producing the same error. This error is produced either by trying to preview the source data, or by running the integration. ADO Field is nothing. Has anyone seen this problem before? On Sep 29, 3:29=A0pm, Ron <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After upgrading to v10 from v9. All existing integrations are producing t= he > same error. This error is produced either by trying to preview the source > data, or by running the integration. > > ADO Field is nothing. > > Has anyone seen this problem b...

Account delete priviledge not effective
Hello, I have a user who has several roles. In one role it is defined that she can delete accounts only in her business unit. In another role, it is defined that she has organization-wide account deletion priviledge. I expect that when these two roles are combined, the resultant priviledge should allow the user to delete all accounts in the organization. However, when this user wants to delete an account that belongs to a user in another business unit, she gets an insufficient rights error. Why can this happen? Is the narrower priviledge effective always? Or is there a problem with the...

Lock cells #2
Hi! Is it possible to adjust excel in a way that cells are automaticall locked after entering a figure/ value? Only cells should be locked tha are already containing a value. Thank you for your help! br Fran -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Frank, here is one way, change the range to your range and unlock the cells in that range before you put the macro in. To put in this macro right click on the worksheet tab and view code, in the window that opens paste this code, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook. If you are using excel 2000 or newer ...

Field definition question
I want to create an XML exception table were I want to capture the stack trace and looking for input into how to store this information. One thought was to create a string field which would have each stack entry delimited as shown below then parsed out for proper displaying in a DataGridView. Each record would contain more information then the stack trace and that can be handled by simple string and date fields and are not an issue. Any insight would be appreciated, Kevin Not delimited System.DateTime.DateToTicks(year As Int32, month As Int32, day As Int32) GlobalExcepti...

I want to delete multiple blank rows from a spreadsheet
I have transferred approx 2000 rows of data from a Crystal report and of these there are approx 1000 blank rows. I want to delete these but not by selecting each one. Can anyone help Add a new column A, number it from 1 to 2000 sort by column B delete all rows below last row of column B sort by column A again "Sharon43" <Sharon43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EAF04B4-5840-4EC6-8CC4-EDB9B462E365@microsoft.com... > I have transferred approx 2000 rows of data from a Crystal report and of > these there are approx 1000 blank rows. I want to delete these...

What is an automatic way to delete all rows of a certain kind
Is there a way to do this automatically? I want to change (a) below to (b) below further (i.e. just all those rows in between the data - pretty simple) I have a lot of data, lets assume. (a) -------------- 27 4:11 5:44 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 28 4:12 5:45 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 29 4:12 5:45 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 30 4:13 5:46 1:12 5:08 8:38 10:12 July Date Fajr Sunrise Dhuhr Asr Maghrib Isha 1 4:13 5:46 1:13 5:09 8:38 10:12 2 4:14 5:47 1:13 5:09 8:38 10:11 3 4:15 5:47 1:13 5:09 8:38 10:11 4 4:16 5:48 1:13 5:09 8:37 10:11 5 4:16 5:48 1:13 5:09 8:37 10:10 6 4:17 5:49 1:13 5:09...

transfer fields
hi anyone and all how can i add the item quantity field to a transfer printout sheet we use it as a pick list thanks anyone and everyone This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02A3_01C6E876.FE649F30 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_02A4_01C6E876.FE649F30" ------=_NextPart_001_02A4_01C6E876.FE649F30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hozay, Here's an unfinished report we are working on attached. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You mus...

Hide extra fields in a Continuous Forms
I have a Continuous Forms based on a query. The query pulls data based on a date and the data is displayed on a form. The form has several fields but only two fields that are able to be edited (Filled Qty, and Filled By). Once these field are completed the user can then generate a report and email it to a different department. The issue is when the form opens all the data is displays correctly, how ever there is an additonal line containing the Filled Qty, and Filled By fields. If the user TABs to these fields and then runs the report the report is blank because there isn't any data for t...

Deleting multiple items
In the Items window (Ver2.0) I can only highlight one item at a time for deletion. Is there any way I can delete multiple items in one hit? HI, as it risky and not all system provide you to do so in one click. so I would say you need some 3rd party add on for this. "rgj" wrote: > In the Items window (Ver2.0) I can only highlight one item at a time > for deletion. > Is there any way I can delete multiple items in one hit? > > On May 5, 6:38 am, Akber Alwani <AkberAlw...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HI, as it risky and not all system provide y...

Delete multiple calendar events that appeared after synchronizing?
After synchronizing my desktop and PDA, my recurring calendar events multiplied, now showing many duplicates of the same event on the same day. When I try to open one of the events I get the message "Can't open this item, object not valid". When I try deleting the events I get another error message saying it may not have deleted correctly and the source for the event may not be updated, event not valid. ...

Delete Duplicate Rows??????
Hi If I have a column of 1500 ID numbers and within that column some of the numbers are repeated, is there a way of writing a macro to delete the duplicates leaving just one of each number. I would also like the removed rows to move up so there are no spaces between the numbers. Kind regards Malcolm Malcolm, 2 ways, a macro and a non-macro 1. Non-macro One way. - sort the data - add a column to test for duplicates by a formula, e.g. in B2 down put =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A,A1)>1,"Y","") - use Autofilter on column B and select the Y's - delete the rows showing ...

Deleted Retention
Running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Win2k3 R2 I have configured the deleted item retention period for 60 days on my exchange server through the ESM - mailbox store - limits tab. However I have users who have emails much older than this residing in their mailboxes. To discover the deleted date I followed - 1. Right click on the row of field names and choose Customize current view. 2. Click the Fields button. 3. Select Date and Time fields from the drop down and select Modified date, then click the Add --> button. 4. Ok your way back out to Outlook and click on the modified fi...

How to select distinct combinations of 2 fields that can be the sa
Hi everyone, I'm working with a table that has origin and destination fields. I'm trying to figure out the amount of flow between 2 locations. For example: amount from CA to NY + amount from NY to CA. While I can get the calculation to work correctly, in my query it returns Origin: NY Dest: CA 1234 Origin: CA Dest: NY 1234 The 1234 is the correct total of the amount going from NY to CA added to the amount going from CA to NY. I'm trying to figure out how to only show one of the two rows. Thanks for any help you can provide. Amy Post the SQL of your query. -- KARL DE...

Seperate words in a field
I have data that has information in a field that I need to separate. Example: Jimmy Ray (2004) (director) (producer) Jenny Rich (2000) (Actress) From this example I need to separate the items in parentheses from the name and enter them all in different columns. Is there a query or other possible way to do this? Thanks for any help given. As I see it this would be a 2-step process.. First you would separate all words: Divide text across cells Select the range of cells that contains the text values. The range can be any number of rows tall, but no more than one...

Windows Mail deleting my emails
Okay, can't figure this one out. Windows Mail is deleting choice emails at random; read, unread, etc. Not too sure which ones it's choosing. I have already tried to find the option under Properties/Advanced/ to mark the checkbox for saving emails to the server but that isn't even an option... possibly only for pop accounts? Mine is an imap. Also the "Show All Messages" option is already specified. HELP!! Could it be related to my recent download of Zone Alarm? Thanks in advance to ANYONE who can help... SO frustrating! -- Becca There aren't ...

Delete Items and Make Items Inactive
I am not the best with SQL statements. I know to backup first before trying this. First - A few years ago I uploaded a distrbutors catalog into our database so our employees would know how much a item was if it was special order. This was thousands of items. Therefore I have thousand of items that have never been ordered or sold. I want to delete these items with a SQL statement possibly? Second - I would like to make items inactive that have not been sold since 12/31/2006 if possible. If I do both of these items won't it make it faster on searchs? Or does deleting the item ...

Deleted items 08-05-10
How do I get deleted items to go to my deleted items folder automatically? Yesterday that happened, but today if I delete I get the question box about deleting forever. I would have to go to the "send to folder" command to get a message out of my inbox into deleted items. Crazy. Try repairing the database with my Windows Mail Utility: = www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ See if that makes any difference. steve "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E741E81B-39B0-4206-B1F8-86EC18EC9FE5@microsoft.com... > How do I get deleted items ...

Combobox delets text typed in on open of saved file.
I have a combobox that is linked and bound to other cells. I can select words from the list just fine and it saves them and displays them when i reopen the document. The problem is when the name i am looking for is not on the list and i have to type it in manually. When i do this it lets me type the name and i can print the sheet and the name is there and i can click the save button and the name is there. When i open the saved sheet however the name will apear for a quick second then the workbook finishes loading and the name disappears. Any advice on how to get the name to save ...

Move IMAP Deleted Messages to Folder Rathern Than Mark For Deletion
I'm using Microsoft Outlook XP to check an IMAP account. When I delete a message, the message is marked for deletion and a red line appears through it. I'd like to change Outlook's behavior so that it moves the message to the Deleted Items folder of the IMAP account, instead. I can't find where to make that setting change, though. Surely this is possible? -Remo Del Bello In message <<BBD50191.38A70%remo@mac.com>> Remo Del Bello <remo@mac.com> did ramble: >I'm using Microsoft Outlook XP to check an IMAP account. When I delete a >message, the mess...

Delete an Email; I don't want the next message to open
After reading an email, I click on delte. The next email message automatically opens. How can I configure my settings in Windows Mail so when I delete an open message, the next message will not open? I'm running Vista. I assume you are reading each message in its own window by double- clicking on it. If so, when done reading that message, close the window, then delete that message from the message list pane. You may also want to turn off the preview pane: View, Layout, uncheck "Show preview pane". --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.suppo...

How to delete Multiple Entries in Queue at One time
Hi All: We inadvertantly have become a relay staion for junk mail from oversses. In exchange system manager Protocols-smtp-default SMTP Virtual server-Queue is there a way to highlight and delete multiple entries at one time. I have hundreds of these and doing one at a time is very time consuming. Please recommend a more efficientway or third party software. Thanks JBM What version of Exchange? Relay http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7696 Test http://www.abuse.net/relay.html Relay - 5.5 http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/security/mail/excrelay.asp Relay - E2K...

The pivottable field name is not valid
Hi i have 1 Excel file with a pivot table called PVT. It is reading data from another Excel file which i called Excel_DB. This Excel_DB file will get overwritten with data from Oracle DB using a data retrieval tool which can export data into excel file format. The strange think is, i do not know what indicators are stored in the original Excel_DB used to create the PVT. Reason : 1) if i export data into another excel file, copy and paste the data into Excel_DB, i can refresh data in PVT w/o having to open the file Excel_DB at all. 2) if i use the tool to overwrite Excel_DB, then when i try...

Help to modify a macro for deleting rows based on two or more colu
Hello I have a macro I have been using to delete duplicate rows which contain the same value in two columns. This works well, as long as I manually sort Column A in ascending order first, before running the macro. The code is as follows: -------------------------- Sub DeleteDuplicates2Columns() Dim LR As Long, i As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False LR = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = LR To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i, "A") = Cells(i - 1, "A") And _ Cells(i, "L") = Cells(i - 1, "L") Then _ Rows(i).Delete...

Wildcard to Find and Replace with fields?
In Word 2007 I'm editing a paper which contains EndNote citation fields, and in the course of switching the paper to a different bibliographic style I need to find and replace any space that occurs before a citation. Each citation exists in the document as a field in Word. With field codes toggled on, when I do a simple Find for ^d Word finds each field with no trouble, but when I switch on "Use wildcards" and try the syntax Find: ( )(^d) - and I have also tried ( )([^d]) I get an error message saying that ^d is not supported when the Wildcards check box is sel...