Deleting records

Hi

We have tested the processes in CRM by creating records of contacts,
accounts, opportunities, orders & invoices which do not actually exist.

We are now running CRM and we would like to know what the best practice is
with regards to deleting these records.

I have deleted some of the information however when an try to delete an
opportunity for example ,I receive an error message stating that the record
is associated with another record and can not be deleted.

Could please advise me on this?

Many Thanks
Mark
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Deleted Subfolder
A subfolder from inbox was accidently deleted and it does not show up in the recover deleted items option, any ideas where did it evaporate? Thanks alot, Did you enable the reg hack to view Recovery Deleted Items for ALL folders? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2512E426-9CA7-4B49-AD6E-E9B7405FFD1D@microsoft.com... >A subfolder from inbox was accidently deleted and it does not show up in >the >...

Delete In-Transit Transactions
We have several In-Transit transactions that were abandoned. Some are in Picked Status and a couple are in shipped status. The system will not let us delete the transactions. It seems ridiculous that there isn't a way to delete it. Can someone offer a solution to this problem. Thank you, Erin Hello Erin - Thank you for using Microsoft Discussion groups. My name is Andy and I will be assisting you today. I understand you have several In-Transit Transactions that weren't transferred completely. You would like to know how to clear these out. It appears the system thinks th...

Email Retention Policy /Mailbox Deletion policy interaction
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with the following question: Our organisation is running Exchange 2000 with the following configuration : We retain deleted items/mailboxes for 30 days before they are purged from the system. We run a mailbox retention policy that auto-deletes mail older than 6 months. We want to know if mail that is deleted by the retention policy is retained for 30 days before being purged? Im of the opinion that the Mailbox Management process that enforces the retention policy bypasses the mail item/mailbox deletion settings set on the mailstores. We would like confirm...

Subquery select field from previous record
I have the following table setup Table Name - tblInventoryCounts Field Names - Store Number, Count Date, Item name, Count Amount Sample Data Store Number Count date Item Name Count Amount 9 1/4/2010 Gear 10 9 1/11/2010 Gear 18 9 1/18/2010 Gear 18 I have a parameter query where the user is asked for the store number and Count Date. I need for the query to return the information for the date entered and the Count Amount from 7 ...

Unblock Delete Key
I must have changed a setting without knowing. All of a sudden I cannot delete a part of a document by highlighting it and simply pressing the delete key. The delete key does not work. Where do I rectify this setting please. In Word 2003, click on Tools | Options | Edit | check the "Typing replaces selection" box | OK. Probably on the big 'pizza' button in 2007, but I'm still avoiding using 2007 so not sure. -- Rae Drysdale "Y Fashions" wrote: > I must have changed a setting without knowing. All of a sudden I cannot > delete a part o...

able to record & run macro but not edit !
All Excel97 . When I open a file with an existing macro (or create a new spreadshee and simply record an entry in a cell ) and go to Tools/Macro/Macros th macro list is visible and I can run the macro but if I try to edit it get a Microsoft Visual Basic pop-up 'Unexpected error ; quitting' o if I simply try to open the VBE i get a similar pop-up with ' Out o Memory'. Same files work fine at work (Excel 97) where I edited macros n problem. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Excel from the office 97 dis along with data access & Office tools (and their elements) ti...

outlook deleting online email not syncing
I have set outlook 2000 upto access my on line email however it moves everything from my web based email inbox to my outlook but doesnt leave a copy on the webbased email and so when I go onto the my email account all the emails have gone. How can I return all the emails from outlook and also stop outlook from transferring the mail rather than syncronising with it. Any help gladly received. "Fred Kruger" <FredKruger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF1E5543-C920-467D-BAA6-07BD335354EB@microsoft.com... >I have set outlook 2000 upto access my on line em...

Using a Check Box in a Subform to select records
I have a Form with a subform and two combo field are used to filter for records in the subform. The records in the subform have a bound check box. When I check one record on the subform and then move my forcus off the subform, every record becomes checked. Any suggestions? Thanks Are you sure the check box is a bound control? The behaviour you are getting suggests that its more likely to be unbound. What does it say in the control's ControlSource property in its properties sheet? If it is bound to a column in the underlying recordset then the behaviour could be explained by ...

Arrange deleted items by date deleted in Outlook 2002
Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? Thanks. DP My bad. Outlook 2000, not 2002. DP >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way to set up a field in the "Deleted Items" >folder that will allow you to sort by the date deleted? >Thanks. > >DP Um - the deleted items folder is for trash. Why do you keep trash beyond the end of your Outlook session? If you want to retain the mails prior to delete, create a folder for questionable items and move the mail there. Please realize...

Exchange deleting messages after 24 hours?
Hello: We are running Exchange Server 2003. One of my customers tells me that messages in her inbox disappear when she comes in the next day. She only sees messages from today. I dont see the messages via OWA either. She assures me that she did not delete the messages from her Inbox and they should be there. She is using Outlook 2003. I checked her rules, there are none. She is using an ost file. Any ideas? Thanks, Neil Look for a rogue System Policy in Exchange System Manager. Seems unlikely but give it a whirl. Nue "Neil" <neil@JAMMConsulting.com> wrote in messag...

DNS issues, reverse lookup, MX records
Hello, I've done some searching in the groups, but I'd like to pose a specific scenario. We are getting these errors: #4.7.1 smtp;450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your reverse hostname, This is the situation. Our domain name is registered with network solutions. Our website is hosted with Yahoo on a business account. Yahoo used to host our email as well. Recently we put in a local SBS 2003 server to host our Exchange locally. Originally our Network solutions account had all DNS pointing to Yahoo's name servers, as it should have. We wanted to switch the MX reco...

Display a count of unique records in a query in Access 2007
Hi, I'm not sure if I should be in this group, or Reports, but I'll start here. I have a user who would like to do a count of unique records and display the information in a query, or a report. Here are the basics: She has a list of donors, some of the donors donate more than once to the same cause. What she would like is a list of the number of donors, per cause. But, if the donor ID repeats for the same cause, she does not want that ID counted again. Example: We can get a query to return a count of the records per cause. It is returning a value of "7" for a cause,...

Filter every nth record within a worksheet...
Hi, In the past, I have used the Data/Filter/Advance Filter tool to get unique records based on text in a column. Is there a simple way to obtain the nth rows in a worksheet? For example, I wish to display the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, etc. rows. Or perhaps the 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, etc rows only. I thought if I could specify a criteria, this might work but I don't know how to approach this task. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. -Greg I use a helper column and Data|filter|autofilter. I use a formula like: =mod(row(),4) Or =mod(row(),3) Then filter to show the 0's, 1'...

can't record a new macro or insert module in editor
When i try to record a new macro it tells me it is unalbe to record. When i go into the VB editor and go to the insert menu all the items are greyed out so I can't select module and so create a new macor that way. I have changed the security off from high (tried on both medium and low). Does anybody know why I can't make new macros? Douglas Allen Douglas Unfortunately the "Unable to record" message has several potential causes. Suggest you wander through these google search results dealing with this issue. Perhaps something will do the trick. The Personal.xls file ...

Deleting entities
Hi, When trying to remove entities (accounts) I get the message "The record cannot be deleted because it is associated with another record". I can't seem to find what it is related to. I have removed everything associated with the account. Is there an easy way to see why it can't be deleted? Thanks, Manso Ahhh, deleting the Account entity is NOT supported. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "manso" <manso@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OhJyvBw$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... Hi, When trying to remove entities (accounts) I get the message "...

New record on a new day (re-post)
I seem to be having problems with this post, so I am going to try again. I need help in coding a form so that the following can happen: The scenario is that a user will open the form for the first time on Sept 21st, for example, and the form will be blank. Any subsequent times the user opens the form on Sept 21st it will default to the same record in the table for that day so that more information can be added to that record. On September 22nd, the form will be blank once again. I was given the following code to try: Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo Error_Handler Dim db As DAO.Dat...

Records are not deleted in the database
Hi everybody, today we noticed when we are deleting records in the web client, they stay in the database with the value 2 in the DeletionStateCode Column. I guess normally this is the markup for some sort of job or service to clean these records, but apparently this never happens. We have deployed Rollup Package 2 which should include a hotfix for this problem, but no luck. Can anyone point us in the right direction or is this a (huge) bug? Thanks Christian On Feb 3, 5:51=A0pm, CGuntsche <CGunts...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi everybody, > > today we noticed whe...

Workflow Engine -- Firing on Change to a Field in Existing Record
Hi, Has anyone found an acceptable work-around to fire off an automated workflow rule when a value in a field of an EXISTING record changes? Out-of-the-box you can only trigger rules to run when a record is created, the status changes (active or inactive) or run manually. Alan ...

Getting error message when trying to delete email in Inbox
I get the following error message when I try to delete an email message in the Inbox: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have tried restarting Outlook and rebooting my computer and I still get this message. Email is piling up in my Inbox because I cannot delete it. Any help on how to get around this problem would be much appreciated. ...

macro to delete multiple rows
I have recorded, then modified, the following macro, which unprotects the sheet, aks if you are sure you want to delete the row, deletes the current row, copies down a cell in column A that numbers the row, and protects the sheet. Works fine, but if the user wants to delete not only the current row, but multiple rows below it also, the macro must be repeated. How can I accomplish deleting multiple rows, as indicated by the user? For example, rows 18 thru 20, or 29 thru 33, etc, or of course, just the current row, with the message box prompting the user for the number of rows to delete. Thanks...

can the Purging of deleted items be prevented
I have multiple users that like to purge the items that are in the exchage server from outlook without thinking whethere they will need them in the future. My question is, Is there a way to configure or prevent the purge from outlook? Donald Miami, FL Do you have deleted items retention enabled on the server (and is that what they are purging)? You may be able to use group policy to remove the Recover deleted item menu from outlook to prevent them from using it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual ...

How do I recover deleted calendar event? Outlook 2007
I accidentally deleted a recurring event in outlook when syncing with my phone. Have tried looking online but could not find any relevent help. Mik If its not in the deleted items folder, you'll need to restore a backup copy as its deleted for good. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEAC...

delete in bulk
I have a mailbox with about 30,000 messages, all were generated by a program. I cant delete more than 4000 at a time according to exchange limitations. Is there anyway to delete all messages in a mailbox in one procedure? regards CR Delete the mail box and recreate it. They will be gone in a flash. "MSNews" wrote: > I have a mailbox with about 30,000 messages, all were generated by a > program. I cant delete more than 4000 at a time according to exchange > limitations. Is there anyway to delete all messages in a mailbox in one > procedure? > &...

Subform skips to next record when explorer is opened
I have a subform used to input records to a table. There are several fields in the record. I have coding on the fields so that the user cannot skip to a new record without completing all the fields. However, when I open internet explorer, the subform automatically skips to a new record. What could be causing this? -- JLotz ...

Money 2002
Hi there, I'm running Money 2002 and am trying to record a 1 for 5 share transaction - can anyone please help? Go to Portfolio. R-click (or context menu key) on a holding of that Investment. Select Split Shares... Enter 1 for 5. At least I think this is the route in M04. I've not used it for three years. "nyalabead" <nyalabead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E417B8F4-028C-4AA9-9FF4-9136610957B6@microsoft.com... > I'm running Money 2002 and am trying to record a 1 for 5 share > transaction - > can anyone please help? ...