Deleting Business Units 07-12-05

I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation.

I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it.
According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete
from the Action menu.

But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable &
Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete.

I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete.
I am set to the Administrator role.

I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but
this didn't seem to be an option.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the BU?

Graeme
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Graeme,

When I open the business unit overview and go to Help -> Help on this page,
I get all the possible actions on the Business Units. Delete isn't among
those options. Where did you find the text that you could delete them?

I don't think it is possible through the User Interface though. But you can
do it using the SDK:
--------
BizOrganization.Delete Method
The Delete method deletes an organization. The organization, as well as all
its business hierarchies, users, teams, and objects (such as accounts and
contacts), are physically deleted from the database. To perform this action,
the caller must be a domain administrator.
--------

I hope this helps,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Graeme McInteer" wrote:

> I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation.
>
> I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it.
> According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete
> from the Action menu.
>
> But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable &
> Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete.
>
> I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete.
> I am set to the Administrator role.
>
> I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but
> this didn't seem to be an option.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the BU?
>
> Graeme
Rob,

This isn't actually right.  What you are seeing in the SDK is for the
Organization, NOT the BU.  Deleting the organization will wipe out the entire
install.

BU's can not be deleted inthe current release.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Graeme McInteer" wrote:

> I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation.
>
> I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it.
> According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete
> from the Action menu.
>
> But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable &
> Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete.
>
> I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete.
> I am set to the Administrator role.
>
> I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but
> this didn't seem to be an option.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the BU?
>
> Graeme

0
Matt
7/13/2005 3:14:21 AM
Thanks for the correction Matt,

strange that the SDK would allow to wipe out the entire install but not the
deletion of a single BU. When would you want to delete the entire OU through
an SDK?

Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Rob,
>
> This isn't actually right.  What you are seeing in the SDK is for the
> Organization, NOT the BU.  Deleting the organization will wipe out the entire
> install.
>
> BU's can not be deleted inthe current release.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:17:05 -0700, "Rob Bakkers"
> <RobBakkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Graeme,
>
> When I open the business unit overview and go to Help -> Help on this page,
> I get all the possible actions on the Business Units. Delete isn't among
> those options. Where did you find the text that you could delete them?
>
> I don't think it is possible through the User Interface though. But you can
> do it using the SDK:
> --------
> BizOrganization.Delete Method
> The Delete method deletes an organization. The organization, as well as all
> its business hierarchies, users, teams, and objects (such as accounts and
> contacts), are physically deleted from the database. To perform this action,
> the caller must be a domain administrator.
> --------
>
> I hope this helps,
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Graeme McInteer" wrote:
>
> > I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation.
> >
> > I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it.
> > According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete
> > from the Action menu.
> >
> > But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable &
> > Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete.
> >
> > I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete.
> > I am set to the Administrator role.
> >
> > I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but
> > this didn't seem to be an option.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the BU?
> >
> > Graeme

That I have no idea.  I find the calls available in that object totally
bewildering considering the app doesn't support those same functions.  Only
thing I can guess is this was a holdover from an original plan to include the
ability to support multiple organizations per install.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 22:46:02 -0700, "Rob Bakkers"

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Rob,
>
> This isn't actually right.  What you are seeing in the SDK is for the
> Organization, NOT the BU.  Deleting the organization will wipe out the entire
> install.
>
> BU's can not be deleted inthe current release.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:17:05 -0700, "Rob Bakkers"
> <RobBakkers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Graeme,
>
> When I open the business unit overview and go to Help -> Help on this page,
> I get all the possible actions on the Business Units. Delete isn't among
> those options. Where did you find the text that you could delete them?
>
> I don't think it is possible through the User Interface though. But you can
> do it using the SDK:
> --------
> BizOrganization.Delete Method
> The Delete method deletes an organization. The organization, as well as all
> its business hierarchies, users, teams, and objects (such as accounts and
> contacts), are physically deleted from the database. To perform this action,
> the caller must be a domain administrator.
> --------
>
> I hope this helps,
> Rob Bakkers,
> Avanade Netherlands
>

> "Graeme McInteer" wrote:
>
> > I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation.
> >
> > I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it.
> > According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete
> > from the Action menu.
> >
> > But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable &
> > Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete.
> >
> > I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete.
> > I am set to the Administrator role.
> >
> > I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but
> > this didn't seem to be an option.
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the BU?
> >
> > Graeme

0
Matt

Switchboard Question 05-11-07
Hello All, I have a quick question about switchboards. I have used access before but am not sure how to proceed with the following. When my database opens, the switchboard is displayed first. What I would like to have happen, is the main categories for the database would be displayed on the left side of the switchboard. When the user clicks on one of these main options is clicked, the sub-options appear in the center of the switchboard. What I have typically done in the past is create new forms for each main option so when the user clicks, a new form is opend . Can this be done with one...

Free / Busy Replication Error
We keep getting the error below in our Application Event Log. It has been happening since I made our Exchange 2003 Server native (previously there was an Exchange 5.5 server it was replicating with). All public folders are located on the new Exchange Server (MAIL01) and there are no other replication partners in the list. When making the Exchange setup native, I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft so think that all is in order as regards this. Any ideas / help would really be apprecaited! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID:...

Is there a way to recover a deleted file?
I have no idea how or even when, but I deleted a file containing background ..gif and .jpg information. Now my sight looks different (naturally), and some of them are replaceable. When you use other web builders, they "backup" all your old stuff. I can't seem to find any information regarding this possibility with FrontPage. Am I just at the mercy of the cyber gods or is there a solution that I'm going to like? Regards, When you say deleted them do you mean to say you used the "delete" button on your keyboard? If so then these files must...

Identify and delete the specified objects names
I used the following code that allows me to identify and delete a specific object in the worksheet via a user interface. The code works this morning but don't know why, when or how, this Runtime Error 1004: Application or object-defined error. appears at the line every time the program tries to delete the object. Someone suggested me to use clean registry but I have not really tried it yet. Is there a way to avoid this problem? I hope to find a simple way that can perform the same function as the following code? Your advice or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

How To Find and Delete Duplicate Files? http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com
How To Find and Delete Duplicate Files? http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com is an innovative tool that can recognize duplicate audio files even if they are stored in different file formats and not marked with ID3 tags. It will find fast all similar or exact duplicate audio files in a folder and its sub folders. Unlike common duplicate file finders it will actually "listen" to your music and can recognize a song even if it is saved in different file formats. Supports MP3, MP2, MP1, MPA, WAV, OGG, AIFF, AAC, MP4, FLAC, AC3, WavPack (WV), Musepack (MPC) an...

It's official Money 05 bites
I was originally very enthusiastic about Money 2005. It seemed to do everything for me. But now I realize when it doesn't do everything right, there's no blasted way to fix it, they don't fix bugs, and their technical support is all but worthless. I can't include Investment accounts in the budget? What the heck is that? And the bug whereby the budget ends up with doubled up amounts for automatic bills is a PITA, basically my budget is now worthless. Yes, I'm fuming. My investment accounts are listed as selectable for the budget. Personally I do not use them in that...

Deleting Business Units 07-12-05
I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation. I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it. According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete from the Action menu. But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable & Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete. I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete. I am set to the Administrator role. I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but this didn't seem to be an option....

HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical)
HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Business Solutions (Microsoft Small Business Financials) Need one resource each for Functional and Technical roles. Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 12+ Months Funtional : This person will be responsible for the requirements gathering and setting up the system. Technical : This person will be responsible for installing and maintaining th...

Outlook, Contacts, Business contacts manager and activesync
I have recently added business contacts manager to outlook and started arranging my contacts when I noticed that contacts that I had moved into my business contacts manager were no longer available on my windows based PDA that I keep symchronized using microsoft activesync. Is it possible that I am doing something wrong or is business contacts manager not compatable with Contacts on a PDA using microsoft software. Bill <bgoodson@passport.com> wrote: > I have recently added business contacts manager to > outlook and started arranging my contacts when I noticed > that co...

Can't delete email in Inbox older than 1 year
I realize this sounds wierd. At work, I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1 which uses an Exchange server. Anyway, I have had these old emails i my Inbox that I can't delete. I was testing this and noticed that i the email was older than 1 year, I get the "Messaging Interface ha returned an unknown error....." when I try move or delete these ol emails. I can delete anything newer than 1 year. Very odd. I have cleaned up my pst file so that it is down to 190MB. I also ra the repair tool a few times, but it did not fix the problem. I have nice clean Inbox except for these 100 emails tha...

How do delete downloaded statement?
I downloaded a statement from my broker but put it into the wrong account. I haven't accepted these transactions yet but have to if I want new transactions to get entered into this account. I called Money tech support but they are the least knowledgeable people about Money. Their solution is always to repair/restore. Is there a way to delete these transactions? Even if I try to accept them then delete them one by one, I'm getting this message when it tries to enter a transaction into the account: Transaction cannot be entered. If you matched this investment earlier, you may hav...

Reports 08-20-07
I have not got the Reorts section of the system working yet, when ever I go into the Reports section in the browser it gives the Contact Administrator Error Any Ideas? Gordon Check the ASP.Net version specified for the CRM web site. if the web site is configured for asp.net 2.0 then you will not see the reports. for reports to work the CRM web site has to be configured in 1.1 version. if this is not the case please check whther you have configured the SQL report server accurately. Regards, Charith... "Gordon Mankelow" wrote: > I have not got the Reorts section of the s...

Deleting Worksheet #2
thx again -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27335 ...

How to recover & re-establish deleted Outlook Express DBX files
I apologize for posting this twice. I forgot to include an email address. I accidently deleted my Outlook Express dbx files. I recovered the files back. However, I do notice that I have DBX, IDX, and MBX files. Next, I used the Outlook Express import wizard to try to re-establish a link to these deleted files. However, the files that were imported were from a year ago. I can't seem to import my recent files. 1) The path I follow is files/import/messages. 2) Select Microsoft Outlook Express 3) I specify my location as Main Identity. I only have one identity set up. 4) Cl...

Update Query Problem 10-01-07
All - I've been racking my brain with no avail on something that should be an easy task... I have two temporary tables that I'm using to come up with a single set of variables. The first one (tmptblItemsOKToBill) is the result of a query. The second (tmptblInvoiceTable) is a table that summarizes the data from the first as well as pull some data from another table. The problem I'm having is that there are multiple items in the first table that need to be calculated and placed in the second table. First Table (tmptblItemsOKToBill) Project ActualUnits ActualUnit...

How to publish free/busy for all users
Hello, We are and exchange 2003/2007 shop. We have moved all users' mailboxes to exchange exchange 2007 and moved public folders to exchange 2007. Our users are using outlook 2003 meaning that public Folders are still being used instead of the availibility service. The issue we are having is that some users' free busy is published for more than 12 months but others' avilibility is greyed out after 2 months. We do not want to use group policy to make every one's published free busy beyond 2 months which is the deafult in the company. My question(s) are: 1- Giv...

Opening a database 12-07-09
Hello A friend gave me an Access program but I can't access the database directly only through the UI. It's as though it was an executable or some such thing. I can navigate the interface just fine but I want the databases as I am retoolling a UI for it. It's in Access 2000. How can I pull the database? thanks for any input Steve Steve, Did you mean you want the tables? Why not ask your friend to just send the tables? -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/inde...

Junk Mail won't delete or move
For some reason the emails in my Junk Mail folder won't allow anything. Can't move or delete them. I've changed my options to discard junk mail to keep it from building too large. Any ideas? Did you try right click, "Empty Junk"? Did you try to open the folder, highlight all messages, and drag them to the recycle bin? "Panic" <wrong@cox.net> wrote in message news:hgj722$581$1@aioe.org... > For some reason the emails in my Junk Mail folder won't allow anything. > Can't move or delete them. I've changed my options to ...

Contract 04-04-05
I would like to update or extend an expired contract, is this possible? ...

Charts in Reports 10-10-07
I would like to have a report that just contains a column chart to graphically show the count of the types of complaints and the timeframe . I have built a simple query, with a 'Date of Complaint' and 'Complaint Category' field. The query has a date parameter prompt of 'BeginDate' and 'EndDate'. I have used the Chart Wizard when trying to create a chart, but it doesn't graph anything, the graph shows up blank. Can anyone help me make a simple graph based on my query.I am new to graphs in Access and would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance......

Money 2006 Small Business and SQL Server
Greetings, all! I would like to integrate Money 2006 Small Business with SQL Server, but I'm not looking for anything extensive... Does anyone know whether I can: 1. Use a SQL Server contacts database to provide Money with contact information (rather than entering it again into Money)? 2. Output financial data from Money to SQL Server. This is not a high priority need. If it cannot be done directly, I know I can use Excel as a midpoint. My main interest is in being able to use my SQL Server based DB for all my contact information in every application that uses contact data, ...

deleting email accounts on outlook
help, please! i was successful in adding 3 email accounts to outlook but now i am not happy using it. i want to delete the email accounts (which i already found the help tip for) but i noticed that when i go into the email site directly (ie comcast) all the items in the inbox were transfered & emptied into outlook when i imported it. my ? is, will the inbox items transfer back into the original email inbox it came from? or will i lose all of it? i have 2-POP3 and 1-IMAP accounts to delete. thanks! Any pop mail downloaded will be lost, (Though retained in the outlook data file,...

Recover Deleted Items question
Is there a way to recover an email that has been deleted from the recover deleted Items option under tools? We are using Exchange 2003. TIA TRD On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 09:35:16 -0400, "TRD" <tdejohnx2@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to recover an email that has been deleted from the recover >deleted Items option under tools? We are using Exchange 2003. > > >TIA >TRD > So its been deleted from the dumpster? You need to go to backup and recover the store to your recovery storage group. if it's been purged from the dumpster, the only way to ...

contacts #12
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002. When I click on some contacts I get the following error messages: 1) "Could not load because object is not available on this machine" I click OK...then 2) Just in time debugging opens and says there has been a runtime error and ask if I want to debug the selected debugger. If I click yes...it tries to debugg, but cannot....If I click no it gives me the following..."Object does not support this property or method 'page.SBE.DataGrid1'Line No:11 If I click on OK the contact will open Any ideas? ...

add prior business day to SmartList date choices
I would like "prior business day" or "yesterday's business" to be a choice in the date fields in SmartList reporting. To work with company calendars such that if your business is closed weekends, chosing this on a Monday will return data from the previous Friday's business. The first thing many us do each morning is run reports to see how we did yesterday, and it gets tiresome having to manually enter the date every time. -- Jessica Comus Airaid Filter Company ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggesti...